Chapter 40

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

A week had passed since prom and I was still living with Wooyoung and his cousin, but it was mostly Wooyoung and me because his cousin was always everywhere but there. A lot had changed since prom as well. Jessie and I were still friends, but it wasn’t the same. I could tell he was hurting, even if he was back together with Taeyeon. Yuri was still not talking to me. The baby was due any day now and graduation was in a week. Wooyoung was more than thrilled for high school to be over so we could spend more time together. Even though we spent each night partying and each night he would continue to push the issue of sleeping with each other. I had never told him that I had already lost my ity to Jessica nor did I want him to know that because it would just worsen the situation. Besides that, what happened with Jessica had been so natural and with Wooyoung it felt like he just wanted to rush through it and that’s not how I wanted it to be.

 

I could see myself changing back to someone I once was, before the accident and after my brother’s death, but even still I didn’t stop myself. Wooyoung and I were constantly at parties, making out on beds, almost reaching that point where we were about to have but something always interrupted us. Today it had been my mother.

 

Wooyoung was on top of me, kissing me and at the same time, undressing my shirt. His hand slowly and lightly touched my stomach as his hand crept down to my jeans. He ped them. He was about to slide them off when the doorbell rang.

 

He moaned then slid off me.

 

“I’ll get it,” I said getting up as I zipped up my jeans and buttoned my shirt.

 

I went to the bathroom to fix my hair then opened the door to see my mother. She just stormed into the house, angrily.

 

“So, things are right back to where they were,” she said.

 

“What are you talking about? And most importantly what are you doing here? How did you find me?” I demanded.

 

“No, most importantly is that you’re back with him. So, now I understand that even that boy almost killing you is not enough for you to learn a lesson. I can’t believe you would just go right back to him, like nothing had changed, after what happened to you, after what he did!”

 

“Yuri,” was the only thing I could manage to say.

 

“Don’t you blame Yuri for this? She’s more worried than I am and she has a right.”

 

“Mom you don’t know what’s going on.”

 

“I think I do. I’ve seen it once before Tiffany and I may have ignored it, but I will not this time. I don’t care what I have to do to keep you away from him.”

 

“You can’t mom. I love him and nothing will keep me from him,” she looked at me, then took a deep breath.

 

“Listen to me Fany-ah,” she said calmer, “You may think he’s changed, but guys like him have a way of fooling girls like you.”

 

“Girls like me?”

 

“Girls who are vulnerable”

 

“I am not vulnerable”

 

“Fany, you deserve better. You deserve a guy who respects you, appreciates you. A guy who loves you”

 

“Wooyoung does love me,” I said in a way that made it seem like I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince her.

 

“A guy who loves you...and means it”

 

I looked at her and wanted to defend Wooyoung, but I couldn’t. She has a point, for once. She looked at me then kissed me on my forehead and left. It was only a matter of seconds until Wooyoung came out of his room, having heard everything.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There was only two days left of high school and I couldn’t wait until it was over, but first I had to get though finals.

 

During lunch, I went to the bathroom to find Taeyeon fixing her makeup. I hadn’t spoken to her since before prom and was hoping to avoid confrontation with her at least until graduation. Mainly because I had no idea what she thought of me.

 

“Hey, Tiffany,” she said, surprising me.

 

“Hi,” I said.

 

“I see things are going well with Wooyoung”

 

I only nodded as she continued, “to be honest I didn’t think you’d get back with him.”

 

“It just sort of happened”

 

She nodded, “he miss you...Jessie, even though he’s with me.”

 

I nodded again as she continued, “I knew he would feel that way even before I got back with him. He’s never felt the way he’s felt with you with anyone else. In the end I thought you would choose him, but I guess I was wrong.”

 

I smiled, slightly, thinking about what could have been now if I had chosen him.

 

“But don’t forget about what I told you that night at the hospital, about love and lust. I hope you made the right choice,” she finished and then left.

 

Once I was alone I thought about what she said and knew what I had to do.