Chapter 3

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

“Choi Sooyoung here, live at tonight’s game. Bear Creek Wonders versus our very own GG Ravens.”

 

I heard someone say beside me. Then I heard Yuri’s voice.

 

“Hey, you glad you decided to show.”

 

“Please, I didn’t come for you,” I replied with a smile.

 

“What? So it took Jessica Jung to persuade you to come here?”

 

I didn’t say anything; I just kept smiling as I saw him coming into view.

 

“Okay folks, only few twenty-three seconds left on the clock. The Ravens are down by two… Jung has the ball; he passes it to Jessica, Jung for the win…yeah!! The Ravens have won it,” I heard Sooyoung say.

 

During the game Yuri gladly introduced her and me to him. He turned out to be a really sweet guy, and not to mention one of Yoona and Jessica’s closest friend.”

 

“Hey, glad you came, impressive, right?” Jessica came from the locker room with Yoona behind him.

 

“Great game out there Yoong. Not to mention how hot you looked,” Yuri said jumping on him, her legs wrapped around his waist. Their lips meet; I looked away from them and to Jessica.

 

“I’m glad I came too. That was quite impressive,” I said.

 

It was suddenly silent. We could just hear Yoona and Yuri telling each other how they were going to miss the other more. Then Jessica broke the silence.

 

“So, listen Tiffany. It’s kind of sudden and I really don’t want to pressure you into anything, but I really like you and I think you like me. If not then I must be like the biggest idiot on the planet and I’d feel really stupid for asking you this but I’m going to do it anyway and if I get reject…”

 

“The answer is yes,” I interrupted.

 

“What? Oh wow, that was easy,” he said surprised.

 

“You sound surprised?”

 

“I am. A girl like you wanting to go out with a guy like me.”

 

“And what kind of guy are you like?”

 

“That’s not for me to tell, but for you to find out,” he said smiling at me and making me blushes.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Nickhun? Nickhun?” I called out.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Help me!” I could hear his voice, like I always could.

 

“Nick, where are you?” I cried out as I stood in the dark.

 

“Help me Mushroom…” and the voice faded away.

 

“No, Nickhun, come back. Come back,” I cried out.

 

“Tiffany, Fany!” yelled out Yuri as I opened my eyes. “Another one of your nightmares?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Was it about you know who?”

 

“No, it was about my brother, Nick,” I said.

 

“Oh,” she said and I could tell by her facial expression that this was a sore subject to talk about.

 

“I’m sorry Yuri. I didn’t mean to bring him up. He just keeps appearing in my dreams, I feel like he’s trying to tell me something.”

 

“It’s okay, Fany. It’s been a year; I think it’s about time for me to be able to talk about him.”

 

“Are you sure? I mean, you two loved each other so much.”

 

“I know, but this was different. He was murdered,” I said.

 

“So you say, Fany, but on the police report they ruled it as a suicide.”

 

“You really believe that? You know he wouldn’t take his own life. He had too much to live for. You were his future, not death,” I explained as I read Yuri’s expression. Tears began to run down her face.

 

“I know it wasn’t suicide. I know he wouldn’t do that to me. He couldn’t… would he? I mean, it’s possible.”

 

“He wouldn’t do it Yuri, I just know he wouldn’t,” I assured her.

 

“Did I ever tell you that on the night he passed, he proposed?” she said, wiping her tears.

 

“What?” I said shocked.

 

She nodded.

 

“He said that I will be his forever, his future, me and him as a family. Then he bends down on one knee and proposed. It was the most romantic thing anybody could ever do. When I found out what happened to him I couldn’t believe he could do that to himself. I thought that maybe he did it because he thought he made a mistake by proposing. I mean, why else would he shoot himself Fany… why else…” she began to cry uncontrollably after she said this as I held her.

 

“It’s not your fault Yuri. I’ll get to the bottom of this. I promise you,” I said confidently.