Chapter 25

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

 

“Yul, is everything ok?” I asked when I saw her in the hallway after my run with Wooyoung.

 

“I’ve been better,” she replied/

 

“Where’s Yoona?”

 

“At home with his parents, they know, Fany. They’re gonna hate me,” she said tearing up.

 

“Oh, no, Yul they won’t.”

 

“I ruined their son’s life.”

 

“Yul, listen to me. They won’t hate you. They’ll be upset, but deep down they’d know that you’re carrying their grandchild. Who’s going to be beautiful and have the best parents in the world, you can bet on that.”

 

 “Thank you, Fany. I guess…” Yuri was about to finish but was interrupted by her cell phone. “Hello, Yoong… right now… ok, I’ll see you there, bye.”

 

“I have to go. They want to talk to the both of us. Wish me luck?”

 

“You don’t need it, but good luck,” I said giving her a hug. “Meet you at the game or at home?”

 

“Home,” she said leaving.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good evening, ladies and gentleman. This Choi Sooyoung and tonight’s game will determine if the GG Ravens will head off to the playoffs,” I heard Sooyoung say from beside me.

 

The game had started and I noticed Yoona on the bench.

 

“It looks like the Coach Yunho has decided to bench Yoona Jung. Let’s hope it’s not for the whole game,” replied Sooyoung

 

It was halftime; we were down by three, when I saw Wooyoung and Taeyeon walk in together, hand in hand. My jaw dropped as I felt a wave of jealousy wash over me, as well as guilt for feeling that way.

 

“Hey, Tiffany,” I heard Sooyoung say startling me as I looked away from Wooyoung and Taeyeon toward him.

 

“Oh, hey Sooyoung.”

 

“Something wrong?”

 

“No, just a lot of surprises today.”

 

“Yeah, I know. So how’s Yuri handling everything?” Sooyoung asked.

 

I realized he was waiting for me to reply as I was still staring at Taeyeon and Wooyoung.

 

“Oh, she’s doing the best she can. She’s a bit torn by what everyone is saying about her but I think she’ll adjust.”

 

“That’s great. Well, I got to get back, but tell her I said she’ll be fine and good luck.”

 

“I will,” I said getting from the stands and heading toward the restroom where coincidentally I ran into Taeyeon.

 

“Hey,” she said smiling.

 

“Hi,” I said, trying to form a smile.

 

We didn’t say anything for a while until she said.

 

“So, how are you and Jessica?”

 

“Umm… good.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Umm… how are things with you? I noticed you came in with Wooyoung,” I said, trying not to sound jealous.

 

“Things are great. He’s great. You know, I don’t know if Jessica told you, but I was planning on leaving this school after this semester, but now I don’t think I’m going to. I’ll see you around, Tiffany,” she said walking out the door.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back on the court, I could hear the crowd cheering as Jessica made a three pointer, tying the score. Before I knew it, there was only 23 seconds left in the game. We were in the lead, but it was better to play it safe. So as the final seconds on the game went by I found myself staring at Taeyeon and Wooyoung again. Not realizing that I was missing one of the happiest celebrations of my boyfriend’s life.

 

“Baby?” called out Jessica.

 

“Oh, hey, congratulations, you guys did it,” I said giving him a kiss.

 

“Yeah, I just hope we can play this way again thought out the playoffs.”

 

“You guys will. I believe in you,” I said as he kissed me again, this time lifting me up.

 

“Whoa, hey, you’re all sweaty,” I said laughing.

 

“I thought girls liked that,” he said smiling and putting me down.

 

“From a distance… so, hey, I’m gonna head back to the apartment. See if Yuri’s ok. You should go celebrate with the team.”

 

“Ok. I’ll call you later. Maybe we can all celebrate.”

 

“Yeah, ok,” I said giving him one last kiss.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On my way out, I could hear Taeyeon and Wooyoung laughing as they continued to make out.

 

“Oh, hey, Tiffany,” I hear Wooyoung call out.

 

I turned around and put on a fake smile.

 

“Hey Wooyoung.”

 

“Have you met my girlfriend, Taeyeon?”

 

“Yeah, we know each other. I told you,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yeah, I have,” I said, turning around to leave.

 

“Hey, wait up,” he said, running up to me.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Never mind,” he said letting me leave, “I think I have a lead on your brother,” he finished.

 

I stopped and looked back at him.

 

“I’ll call you with the details,” he said walking back to Taeyeon as I walked to my car.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yul, I’m home,” I yelled as I walked into the apartment.

 

“Baby-cake?” I heard someone say.

 

I looked up to see, “Mom?”