Chapter 33

The Truth Behind The Lies

“Yoona’s dad… you?” I asked, making sure I heard her right.

 

She nodded, slowly.

 

“Yul, when did this happen?” I asked, not knowing how to respond. I can feel anger begin to build up as I thought more about the situation.

 

“A few weeks ago,” she said.

 

“A few weeks ago?” I asked, shocked again.

 

“You remember the night I walked in on you and Jessica on the couch?” she said.

 

I thought back to that night and remembered that she had been crying and that she had not wanted me to turn off the light.

 

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” I asked.

 

 “I was scared…He threatened me to not tell anyone or he would hurt my baby and ruin my relationship with Yoona,” she said, her voice beginning to break.

 

“Yuri, this is serious.”

 

“I know, I know it is, that’s why I had to tell someone,” she said.

 

I looked at her then asked her something that I maybe didn’t want to know, “how did this happen?”

 

She hesitated before she responded, “I had gone to Yoona’s place and Yoona wasn’t home, neither was Jessica. No one was but their dad. He suggested that I wait for Yoona, so I did. Everything was ok, until he called me into his room. So I went in there and the next thing I know I’m in a dark and he began to force himself on me,” she was barely able to spit out the last few words, I could tell it was hard for her as she was remembering what happened.

 

“The worst part about this whole thing is that Yoona thinks this baby is his dad,” she finished.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

 “That’s why I called you. I just got back from seeing him. He caught his dad kissing me.”

 

“He thinks you’ve been involved with his dad?”

 

She nodded, “I told him that it wasn’t me, but he didn’t want to listen. He didn’t let me explain.”

 

“Yul, it will be ok, I promise,” I said.

 

“What if it won’t? Fany-ah, I’m having a baby and the father is so damn scared that maybe he wants to believe that he didn’t father this child.”

 

“Yul, you shouldn’t say that.”

 

“Why not? It’s possible. Maybe Yoona is starting to realize what is happening. I’m due in less than three months and so maybe this is his way out.”

 

“Yul, we can figure this out. We just have to call the police and report this,” I said.

 

“I don’t want the police to know yet.”

 

“Why not?

 

“Because Yoona has to know the truth first,” she said.

 

 I nodded then pulled out my phone and dialled Yoona’s number.

 

“Hello, Yoong?” I asked as I heard someone’s voice on the other end.

 

“Umm…no this is Seohyun. Yoong’s in the shower, but I can leave a message.”

 

“Uh…no it’s ok. I’ll call back later,” I said, then quickly hung up.

 

Yuri looked at me as I lied, “That was his mom, and she said he was in the shower.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, Yuri didn’t want to go to school and I couldn’t blame her.

 

When I got there rumours had already surfaced about Yuri’s ‘relationship’ with Yoona and Jessica’s dad.

 

“I heard the baby isn’t even Yoona’s, poor guy.”

 

“If I would have known she was that ty I would have flirted with her more.”

 

“Yeah, but then that could have been your baby she’s carrying.”

 

Those comments were only of but a few that I heard as I walked through the halls. There were so many things I wanted to say to those people who had no idea what Yuri was feeling. They didn’t know the truth of what really happened. No one could understand that pain.

 

“Tiff, is it true?” asked Jessica as he came up to me.

 

I looked at him in disbelief, “Of course it’s not. I can’t believe you’d even think for a second that it could be,” I said, angrily and then I walked away from him.

 

“I’m sorry,” he called out to me.

 

I stopped, realizing that I wasn’t being fair to Jessica. What happened to Yuri wasn’t his fault. It was his father. Jessica had no idea what his father had done, nor did I want him to know. Not now. Not after everything he’s been through. It hurt me to know that it still wasn’t over for him. I wish I could have been there for him, but knew I had my chance and I lost him, and there was nothing I could do.

 

“No, Jessie. I’m sorry. I’ve just been so angry lately and I’m taking it out on you and that’s not fair to you,” I said, apologetically.

 

“It’s ok; Tiff…Is there any chance that you might want to tell me what it is so I can help?”

 

I looked at him and shook my head no. Even though I wanted to tell him, but the truth would hurt him and I did not know what his feelings towards his father were at this moment and I wanted to keep this from him until everything was figured out.

 

“Ok, but if you need anything, let me know,” he finished.

 

“Actually there is something you can help me with. Who’s Seohyun?”

 

 “Seohyun?”

 

“Yeah. I called Yoona last night and Seohyun answered.”

 

“She’s probably just an old friend.”

 

“Are you sure? It was pretty late when I called.”

 

“Ok, listen, Yoona didn’t want me to tell anyone especially you and Yuri, but he’s been seeing Seohyun. But not in the way you think.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Seohyun is or was anorexic. She’s been battling this disease for years and Yoona has always been there for her. She came back two nights ago.”

 

“Oh, wow. Is she ok?”

 

“I think so.”

 

“That’s good and I’m sorry for getting the wrong idea.”

 

“Nah, you had reason to.”

 

Just then the bell rang.

 

“Well, we better get to class,” said Jessica as we walked into our fifth period.