Chapter 34

The Truth Behind The Lies

After school, I saw Yoona in the parking lot.

 

“Yoong,” I called out as he turned around, “can we talk?”

 

Yoona nodded, unwillingly.

 

“How’s Yuri?” he asked.

 

“She’s been better.”

 

“You know, the more I wrap my head around the idea of her and my dad, the angrier and disgusted I feel.”

 

“Yoona, there’s something you should know,” I said as he looked at me with his full attention. I swallowed before I spoke out the words, “you’re dad forced himself on Yuri.” He looked at me in disbelief as I continued, “she wanted to tell you, but was afraid. That kiss that you saw was forced, she hasn’t been seeing him. The baby is yours.”

 

I could sense the tension building in him as he told me he had to go. I watched him leave and quickly dialled Jessica’s number.

 

“Tiffany, what’s wrong?” answered Jessica.

 

“Yoona knows something about your father and I’m afraid that he’s going to do something that he will regret.”

 

“Where is he?”

 

“On his way home, I think.”

 

“Where are you at right now?”

 

“I’m in the parking lot.”

 

“I’ll meet you there in a few minutes.”

 

“Ok,” I said hanging up.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“After we left the parking lot in my car, Jessica asked me what was going on.

 

“Tiff, I know there is something going on, can you please just tell me?”

 

I hesitated before I could tell him. He noticed and cut me off before I could say anything.

 

“Tiff, you’re keeping something from me and I don’t like it. Remember how badly that turned out from us the last time?”

 

I looked at him and knew that I couldn’t keep this from him any longer. I had to tell him, no matter how hard the truth really was and how much the timing .

 

I took a deep breath and said, “I told Yoona what really happened between Yuri and your dad.”

 

“Which is?”

 

Your dad…forced himself on Yuri.”

 

I waited for his reaction but there was nothing; his face did not show any type of emotion, there was not one difference.

 

“Jessie?” I asked.

 

“We have to hurry,” he said, increasing his speed.

 

He was clearly going over the speed limit and as we were coming up on a green light, it turned yellow. I was sure we weren’t going to make it. My mind flashed quickly to the night with Wooyoung and I wished this mistake of mine of not letting myself drive would have the same ending.

 

“Jessica!” I shouted.

 

He just kept going.

 

“Jessie, please, stop!” I continued to shout.

 

“I can’t Tiff. I know what Yoona is going to do and he’s gonna get himself hurt,” Jessica said.

 

We barely made the light and I sighed in relief. I barely noticed the tears that rolled down my face and my heart racing.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Once we got there, we heard a commotion inside. Jessica quickly unlocked the door and we found their dad beating Yoona, blood on his hands. I wasn’t sure whose blood it was, but I’m not sure if I wanted to know.

 

“Dad, stop!” yelled Jessica, trying to get their dad to pull away from Yoona.

 

Their dad stopped then looked up and saw me.

 

“It was you! You made this up,” he said, moving closer to me as I backed away.

 

My heart was racing as I looked over to Jessica who was at Yoona’s side checking for a pulse.

 

Suddenly, Robert was inches from me and he grabbed with his arms and held me up so now I was literally an inch away from his face as he spoke, “why, why would you make up such a terrible lie? I never touched your friend. She wanted me!”

 

I looked up at him and swallowed. I was frightened, but then my fear went away as I realized I was facing the man who had hurt my best friend. Then I did something I thought I would never do. I guess it was just the adrenaline I felt. I spat on him and he released the hold he had on me and wiped off the spit.

 

“It’s no lie. You know what you did and I’ll see that you get what you deserve or so help me God that I will make you pay for what you did!” I screamed.

 

I quickly ran over to Jessica and Yoona, who thankfully was awake and able to stand up.

 

Robert turned to face his sons, “I’m sorry, Yoona, but it was for your own good. You shouldn’t ever hit your father.”

 

“You’re not my father,” replied Yoona in disgust.

 

Robert nodded and left the house.