Chapter 30

The Truth Behind The Lies

“Jessie! Wait up, please?” I called out as I ran toward him.

 

He stopped, and then turned to face me.

 

“I Love you, Tiffany. But what really hurts me right now, is that I trusted you,” he said then he continued to walk away, as I just stood there, heartbroken.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was almost home when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around, but saw no one.

 

“Is anyone there?” I called out.

 

No one responded, so I continued to walk.

 

“Tiffany Hwang,” I heard someone whisper.

 

What was left of my heart began to beat faster.

 

“Who said that? Please just answer me!” I shouted.

 

Still I heard no one so I turned back around and there stood a rather tall looking man with a mask on. I started to back away, realizing that this was the same person who had drugged me at the beach party and who had been stalking me.

 

“Who are you?” I demanded, my voice shaking.

 

He didn’t answer me and I didn’t expect him to.

 

I didn’t know what to do next nor if I even had a choice, because the next thing I knew I was waking up from my bed. I still felt a little weary, I figured that he must have drugged me again, but my memory was fuzzy. My head began to hurt as I tried remembering what happen but I could only remember the events that happened before I came across my stalker. I could only think of Jessica and how he must have felt so betrayed.

 

“Fany-ah, oh my god, you’re awake! Thank God!” replied Yuri entering the room with two glasses of orange juice, which she put on the nightstand before she came over to hug me.

 

“Yeah, what exactly happened?” I asked.

 

“Why don’t you tell me? I wake up for a midnight snack and find you passed out by the front door.”

 

“I don’t know,” I said.

 

“Where was Jessie? Didn’t you two go out last night?” she asked.

 

My heart began to hurt at the mention of his name, “Yeah we did, but something happened between us last night... We’re not together anymore.”

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“I don’t know, Yul. It happened so fast... I really don’t want to talk about it,” I said tears streaming down my face.

 

“Shh, it’s ok, Fany-ah, we don’t have to talk about it,” she said, “Whenever you’re ready to talk, I’m here ok.”

 

“Thank you, Yul,” I said as I laid my head on her leg and closed my eyes.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I woke up again it was around 4 and I heard a knock at the door. I hoped that Yul would answer but then I read her note.

 

“Sorry I went out with Yoona for doctor’s appointment. Be back soon. Love Y. Kwon.”

 

The doorbell rang and so I went to answer, finding Jessica on the other side.

 

“Hi,” I said, not knowing if I should have said anything at all.

 

“Can we talk?” he asked me as I nodded and motioned for him to come in.

 

“I’m guessing this is about last night,” I said.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you had feelings for Wooyoung?” he asked.

 

“Because I don’t.”

 

“Then why did I see you two together last night?”

 

“It’s hard to explain, Jessica.”

 

“Hard? What could possibly make it difficult to explain to me what you feel? You either have feelings for the guy or you don’t. Which is it?” he said, trying not to raise his voice.

 

“It’s not that simple,” I said.

 

“Why? Just tell me, Tiffany. After last night I think I deserve an explanation.”

 

I looked at him and took in a breath then released it before I began.

 

“Before I moved here, I knew Wooyoung... He was the first guy I ever loved,” I said waiting for him to react. When he didn’t, I continued, “Something happened between us. He was one of the reasons why I moved here. I wanted to get away from him and my parents, but obviously that didn’t work.”

 

“Do you still love him?” he asked, startling me by the question.

 

“Jessie...” I looked at him and knew I couldn’t hide the truth from him, I owed him at least that much, “Yes, I do.”

 

He looked down at the floor as I continued, “But, you have to understand that I don’t want to be with him. I want to be with you.”

 

“Tiffany, listen. I know what it’s like to be still be hung up on your ex when dating someone else, but what I can’t understand is how you kept this from me.”

 

“I wanted to tell you Jessica, but I was afraid.”

 

“You don’t need to make up excuses, Tiffany. I think I’ve heard every one possible from my dad.”

 

Then I remembered his parent’s divorce, which made me feel even worse because my kiss with Wooyoung just added to the pain he already had..

 

“I’m sorry,” I said.

 

“I know you are. I do, but the fact that you didn’t tell me just makes me feel like I can’t trust you anymore. You knew about my past with Taeyeon and it took me a long time to earn your trust.”

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“I’m saying that, I don’t hate you for what happened. I’m also saying that I think we should take some time apart.”

 

“Jessie...”

 

“Just let me finish. Obviously you still have feelings for Wooyoung and I don’t think I can be with you until you move on from him.”

 

“You want me to date Wooyoung?”

 

 “If that’s what it will take for you to get closure with him, then yeah that is what I’m asking you to do.”

 

“Jessica, I don’t think I can do that.”

 

“I hope it doesn’t have to come to that, because it’s going to hurt me more than I would like, but I can’t keep going on like this. So, if you’ll agree with me on this I’ll go.”

 

“Jessica, I don’t understand this, but if it’s the only way to earn back your trust then ok, but as far as going out with Wooyoung, I don’t think I can do, because we have a past that I can’t even forget.”