Chapter 12

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

Another week at GG High School, but this wasn’t just any week; it was spirit week, meaning that homecoming was only a few days away. Jessica hadn’t asked me yet and I wasn’t really expecting him to. We had already been dating for three weeks, and I was finding out that those three weeks had been my most happiest and I was still happy.

 

Now here I was meeting up with Jessica, like had for the past three weeks.

 

“Hey Fany-ah,” he said, like he always did.

 

“Hey,” I would say and kiss him softly on the lips.

 

“Hey, Tiff, Jessie,” I heard Yuri say as she approached us with Yoona by her side.

 

“Hey, Tiffany,” Yoona said.

 

“Hi.”

 

“So, listen Tiff and I was thinking we could go shopping after school for our homecoming dresses,” Yuri said out of nowhere.

 

I looked at her then at Jessica who looked away.

 

 “What’s wrong Tiff?” Yuri asked waiting for my reply.

 

“Nothing, it’s just I don’t know. It depends on if I need to make up that test that I’ve needed to make up. Which I need to talk to Mr Benson about, so I should go do that now,” I said.

 

“Alright, I’ll see you later,” said Jessica giving me a kiss.

 

As I walked away from them I heard Yuri smack Jessica and say,

 

“You haven’t asked her to homecoming? What is your problem?”

 

I didn’t hear Jessica’s response because I had already disappeared into the classroom.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ready for tonight?” asked Yuri when I entered the apartment after school.

 

I had called Yuri and hold her that I couldn’t go after school today due to the make-up test but I had no idea what she was talking about.

 

“What’s tonight?” I asked.

 

“The masquerade Halloween party, how could you forget? I’ve been working on our costumes for the past three weeks.”

 

“Oh, right. It must have slipped my mind,” I said, now remembering about it and realizing that I had forgotten about it.

 

“Well you are going. So don’t try and sneak your way out of it. Besides, Jessica is going to be blown away once you’re in your costume.”

 

 “Yuri, I told you I wanted something simple and something that’s me.”

 

“Relax Tiff. It fits you just right, trust me,” Yuri said getting the costumes from the closet.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Okay, all done,” Yuri said, admiring her work.

 

“Great, can I see it now?” I asked wondering what I was going to be for this one night.

 

“You may,” she said laying it out across her body.

 

“Oh my god, Yuri, it’s beautiful,” I said, my jaw dropping while my eyes examined the diaphanous white gown. It looked like it had been taken out of the movie “A Cinderella Story”

 

“Put it on…. Princess,” Yuri said smiling.

 

“Thank you Yul. Really it’s beautiful,” I said.

 

“It was nothing,” she said grabbing her costume.

 

“What are you going as?”

 

“The devil”

 

“Oh”

 

After we put on our costumes and curled our hair, I looked at myself from the bathroom mirror and saw a different person staring at me. The girl staring back at me was something else, though. Something I hadn’t thought possible for a really long time. She was beautiful. She was a princess.

 

“Ready?” Yuri asked me as she appeared in the doorway with her devil costume.

 

“Wow, Yuri you look amazing,” I said.

 

Noticing how pretty she looked in her red, strapless costume. Her black boots knee high.

 

“Yoona won’t be able to resist,” I continued.

 

“Neither will Jessica, but let’s hope they can find us. Here’s your mask,” she said handing it to me.

 

“Ready?” she asked again.

 

“Yup, let’s go,” I said taking one look at the beautiful princess who stared back at me.