Chapter 29

The Truth Behind The Lies

After Jessica and Taeyeon were out of view I went to sit down on the bleachers. Hoping this would help me to avoid talking to Wooyoung who began to shoot around the court.

 

After a few minutes Wooyoung came up to me and as I saw him approaching me I began to get a little nervous.

 

“What are you thinking about?” he asked me.

 

“Nothing much,” I said, not knowing what to say.

 

He nodded and then looked at me.

 

“You know what I’ve been thinking?”

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“How did we get like this Tiff?”

 

“”What do you mean?”

 

“We used to be able to talk. Regardless of if we were friends or not.”

 

“That’s the thing though. We never were friends,” I said.

 

“That’s true. We never could be and I still think that’s what the problem is.”

 

We both looked at each other. I looked away from him and then asked him something that had bothering me every since he came back.

 

“Why did you really come here?”

 

“I told you...”

 

“No. You lied. I know you did. So be honest with me and tell me the real reason as to why you came,” I shouted.

 

“You want the truth, Tiff? Do you?” he said grabbing me by the shoulders and pulling me into him.

 

He looked at me and then kissed me.

 

I pulled away from him and spit out the kiss he had given me.

 

“Stop it! Just stop! Why must you always want me when you can’t have me? And when you do you treat me so bad?” I yelled.

 

“Tiff, I didn’t mean to hurt you that night. If I had a second chance I would do it all over and never force you into anything. Please Tiff, just give me a second chance,” he begged.

 

“No, I can’t and I won’t. I’ve moved on to someone better and I know that tears you up inside.”

 

“You’re right it does, but I know the feeling is mutual.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

“I’ve seen the way you look at Taeyeon. It tears your heart to see me with her.”

 

“That is so not true.”

 

“It is. God, Tiff, just admit it.”

 

“Admit what, Wooyoung?”

 

“Admit that Jessica isn’t the guy for you. Just admit that Taeyeon isn’t the one for me,” he said coming closer, “Just admit that you love me.”

 

I looked at him and fought so hard to fight that feeling that he had over me.

 

“No, I will never do that. You had your chance with me and it’s gone. You should have thought of the consequences before you just left me in the hospital without a word or proper I’m sorry.”

 

“Tiff, I can’t change the past let alone that night, but I would give anything to make things right with you. I love you,” he said looking at me.

 

“So you keep saying,” I said turning away from him and walking from the light.

 

“You think I’m lying to you?” he said waiting for me to answer and when I didn’t he continued, “Because I’m not, if anyone is lying to you its Jessica.”

 

The mention of Jessica’s name made me turn around.

 

“How is Jessica lying?”

 

“You and I both have seen the way he looks at Taeyeon. He still loves her.”

 

“Of course he does. I know that. It doesn’t mean that he’ll get back with her.”

 

He looked at me and then pulled out his phone.

 

“I didn’t want you to see this, but I don’t think there’s no any other way,” he said searching through his phone and then handing it to me.

 

I looked at the picture and as I did my heart felt like it was breaking into a thousand little pieces that would make it impossible to piece back together.

 

“No,” I replied shaking my head, “Jessica would never do this to me. He’s not like you, he’d never hurt me.”

 

“Tiffany, don’t you get it? All guys are like this. You can’t trust them, but you can trust me. I’ve had to feel what it’s like without you for months and it and it’s painful. Knowing I made a mistake with you once makes me want to make it up to you for the rest of time. Please Tiffany,” he said.

 

“Is this why you showed it to me? So you can use it to make me vulnerable, to make me want you again? How do I know this is even true?”

 

“It’s true Tiffany. Everyone at school got this picture message sent to them.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m sorry Tiff, but it’s true.”

 

“I have to go,” I said walking past him to the opposite side of the court.

 

He ran towards me, stopping me at the centre of the court. The lights shining on us.

 

“I love you, and I won’t let you go,” he said pulling me into a kiss. Before I had a chance to pull away I heard someone say.

 

“Oh my God!”

 

I pulled away to see both Taeyeon and Jessica but my eyes were glued strictly onto Jessica as he looked at me with pain in his eyes.

 

“Baby, this isn’t... it’s not...” I couldn’t find the words to tell him that this wasn’t true.

 

He just looked at me and shook his head and walked away, leaving me there with Taeyeon and Wooyoung, who were yelling at each other, but I couldn’t hear what they were saying as their voices were shut off from me because all I could think about was Jessica and how his heart must have been breaking.

 

It tore me up inside to believe that he must have been hurting so I quickly forced myself to run after him.