Chapter 27

The Truth Behind The Lies

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“I was about to ask you the same question,” Jessica said as we entered the apartment.

 

I threw the keys onto the counter as he slammed the door making me jump a little.

 

“Nothing, why?” I replied a little scared.

 

“Babe, I’ve been trying to reach you since last night. Where have you been?”

 

“I’m sorry, Jessie. My mom came back and I just got back from seeing her. I should have told you.”

 

He looked at me, guiltily.

 

“I’m sorry, Babe.”

 

“Don’t be. You didn’t know. It’s my fault.”

 

“So, is she ok?”

 

“She’s fine, but she is getting a divorce from my dad.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s ok. I knew it would eventually happen. So, not surprised,” I said trying to hold in my tears. He noticed and pulled me into his arms as I cried.

 

After awhile I pulled away from him, “Sorry.”

 

“Don’t be. I know this must be hard for you.”

 

“You’d think after finding out that your brother is dead, news like you’re parent’s divorce wouldn’t have such an effect on someone. I guess I just need time to get used to it.”

 

“Did you say brother?”

 

Then it hit me. I never told Jessica about Nickhun. I always just assumed he knew. That Yoona had told him, but I guess I was wrong.

 

So, I told him everything, his relationship with Yuri to the day he dies and how I believed it was murder and not suicide.

 

“If you believe that, then so do I,” he said.

 

“Thanks,” I said smiling, knowing he meant that.

 

“Listen, I’ll help you, whatever you need ok.”

 

I nodded and then kissed him passionately. Jessica fell back on the couch and I fell forward onto his chest, when the door suddenly opened. It was Yuri. I quickly got off of Jessica and he quickly stood up.

 

“Don’t mind me,” she said, her eyes were red, as if she’d been crying. She went straight to our bedroom. Jessica looked at me and noticed I was worried.

 

“You should go check up on her,” he said.

 

“I’m sure she’s fines,” I said.

 

“No, really it’s ok. You’re her friend and I understand that. I’ll go, ok?”

 

“No, Baby. You don’t have to go. I mean, you just got here.”

 

“How about this? Tomorrow, we’ll go out for dinner, just the two of us?”

 

“I’d like that,” I said smiling.

 

“Then it’s a date,” he said leaning forward to kiss me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yul, is everything ok?” I asked entering our bedroom.

 

“Why wouldn’t it be?” she said.

 

“I noticed you’ve been crying and I wanted to make sure you were ok.”

 

“I’m fine, it’s just Mr and Mrs Jung hates me.”

 

“Yul, don’t worry about them. Just focus on your relationship with Yoona and your baby, ok? Promise me you will.”

 

“Well, I don’t think I really have a choice... I promise,” she said as we bumped our knuckles together.

 

I was about to leave and turn off the lights to leave Yuri to sleep when she called me.

 

“Fany-ah?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can you leave the lights on and stay in here while I fall asleep?”

 

I looked at her concerned and confused and was about to ask why but then decided not to.

 

“Sure,” I said then went to my bed and started reading a magazine.