Chapter 38

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

The next morning the sprinklers woke me up.

 

“What the…” I said as I remembered Wooyoung and I had never moved from our hiding place.

 

I quickly stood up from where I was laying which was right beside Wooyoung.

 

“Hey, where are you going?” he said getting up.

 

“Somewhere where it’s dry,” I said, smiling.

 

“Oh, no you don’t,” he said, grabbing me by the waist and lifting me up.

 

“Ah,” I laughed as he held me up running through the sprinklers, getting me all wet.

 

After several minutes he finally put me down on the dry sidewalk.

 

“Having fun?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” I said, still smiling as I let my wet hair, “what?” I asked as he stared at me.

 

“Nothing .... You just look amazingly beautiful,” he said, making me blush.

 

“Is that you Tiffany Hwang?” called out a familiar voice. I looked around and sure enough it was Yuri, “And Wooyoung?” she finished surprised.

 

“Hi, Yuri,” said Wooyoung.

 

Yuri just looked at him in disgust then turned to me.

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“With Wooyoung; I lost track of time,” I said hoping she wouldn’t see through me.

 

“Ok, well Jessica called. He wanted you to call him back.”

 

“Oh, Jessica, right?” I said, barely realizing that what happened last night would ruin what Jessie and I were building. “Yul can you give me a minute with Wooyoung?”

 

She looked at me with concern then nodded, leaving back toward the apartment.

 

“I’m guessing this is about Jessica and how you want me to keep quiet,” Wooyoung asked, sadly.

 

“Kind of,” I began, “Listen, what you did for me last night. Saving me and all; I want to thank you.”

 

“It was nothing. Just look at it as an overdue apology. I owed you one for what I did last time.... And I won’t say anything to Jessie. Don’t worry about that.”

 

“I won’t. Worry, I mean, but I am going to tell him about the kiss. I owe him that much,” I said thinking it through.

 

“I guess that should be my warning then, ha? He’ll probably want to kick my @$$,” he laughed.

 

“I don’t think he will, but if he does I’m going to have to tell him not to hit my boyfriend,” I said smiling and he looked up in shock.

 

“Boyfriend?”

 

“Listen Wooyoung, how you acted last night, the way you protected me and how you held me and kissed me. I can tell you’ve changed. Even though you never did go to see Tae...”

 

“I did.”

 

“What?”

 

“I did go and see her. Just like I went to see you,” he continued as he saw my confused expression. “You were both unconscious and I made sure no one saw me. I guess that was my mistake now I have no proof, but I did go to see you. How could I not?”

 

“I missed you. I guess I always have and it hurt me the last time I was away from you and I don’t think I can ever forgive you for what you did to me, but I’ll be willing to try,” I said.

 

“I love you Tiffany,” he interrupted and we both looked into each other’s eyes then kissed each other deeply.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I went back into the apartment Yuri just looked at me with disappointment.

 

“What’s wrong Yul?” I asked, already knowing it could be.

 

“What are you doing with Wooyoung?”

 

I sighed, “We’re back together.”

 

“What is wrong with you? After everything he’s done to you, you’re just going to go back to him?” she said angrily.

 

“Yul this time it’ll be different. He’s changed. He saved me from my stalker last night,” I said, trying to defend Wooyoung.

 

“So, that’s it. He saves you once. Once, Fany-ah and suddenly you think he’s changed? In case you don’t remember I was the one who was there for you. I saw you hurting Fany-ah and it scared me. i don’t want to see you like that again.”

 

“Yul I promise it won’t...”

 

“What about Jessie?” she said, whispering.

 

I hesitated, “I’m going to tell him.”

 

“Yuri,” she spoke more calmly, “Don’t do this. Don’t go back to him.”

 

“I can’t Fany-ah. I love him. I hate that I do, but I love him.”

 

“More than Jessica?”

 

I looked at her speechless. As I thought back to all the memories I had with him and all the ones I could have with him.

 

“Yuri, if you need to figure out your feelings then go ahead, but I am NOT going to go through that with you again,” Tiffany finished.

 

“I know.”

 

“No, Yuri. I don’t think you do.... That’s why I think it’s best if you leave.”

 

“Fany-ah?”

 

“I don’t think you know how serious I am about this. I know how bad it’s going to get and I’m angry with you that you don’t see that. I’m warning you now. Either you don’t date Wooyoung or get out of this apartment.”

 

“Fany-ah...”

 

“I love you Yul. I’ll always be there for you, but this? I can’t and won’t do it again,” she said, tears forming in her eyes as she finished.

 

“SO stay or go. It’s up to you.”