Chapter 11

The Truth Behind The Lies

sorry guys only one chapter today..... I'll make it up next time and update three or more chapters..... Hope you enjoy this chapter.....

 

 

 

“Where are we?” asked Jessica after I told him to stop the car a few feet away from the street light.

 

“Can you give me a minute?” I asked as he looked into my eyes and knew I was serious.

 

“Of course,” he said.

 

I got off the car and walked towards the street light.

 

“Slow down,” I shouted. “You just don’t get it!” he yelled back. Then came the big bang and him saying I love you.

 

There it was playing again in my head as I began to feel a maelstrom of thoughts of that night I fell to the floor and began to cry.

 

“Tiffany, Tiffany? What’s wrong? Did something happen here?” I heard Jessica says as he got off the car and bent down next to me.

 

“I…” I couldn’t find the words to tell him what really happened here, I just kept crying.

 

“Shh… baby, it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me. I’m here for you. Are you okay?” he asked worried.

 

I looked up at him and smiled.

 

“Yeah,” is said.

 

When we stood up he picked me up and carried me all the way back to the car.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Wake up sleepy head,” I heard Jessica says as I woke up.

 

He had driven the whole night and I slept through most of it.

 

“Where are we?” I asked, knowing we weren’t back in Wilmington.

 

“A gas station/mini-mart, I figured you’d be hungry be so I bought you something to eat. I hope you like bagels.”

 

“I love bagels… thank you,” I said smiling as he handed them to me.

 

“Well we’re about an hour away from Wilmington so these should fill you up, I’m hoping.”

 

“They will,” I said taking a bite of me.

 

“I’ll get you some milk,” he said walking back into the minimart.

 

When he came back I was already half way done with the second bagel.

 

“Here you go,” he said handing it to me. “Is there anything else you need before we hit the road again?”

 

“I just need to use the restroom,” I said after gulping down the small carton of milk and wiping off my milk moustache with a napkin.

 

The restrooms were isolated in the back of the gas station/minimart. When I walked towards the sink and began to wash my hands I all of a sudden felt this rush of fear creep inside of me. I felt as if someone was watching me.

 

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I called out making sure I wasn’t hallucinating, but I heard no one.

 

“Are you ready?” he asked as I nodded.

 

 “Tiffany!” yelled Yuri when she saw Jessica and me enter the apartment. She gave me a hug and said, “I leave town for only a few days and you leave town?”

 

“I’m sorry,” I said as she looked at me and smiled and said.

 

“It’s okay; just don’t ever do that again!”

 

I smiled then turned to look at Jessica who had slipped outside.

 

“Can you give me a minute Yuri?”

 

“Yeah, but I’ll be expecting the details when you come back inside.”

 

“As will I,” I said closing the door behind me.

 

I walked over to Jessica who was pacing back and forth but stopped when he saw me. We just looked at each other for a few seconds until he said,

 

“So umm… I can see that you don’t need anything so I guess I should go.”

 

“Thank you,” I said before he turned to leave, “I really appreciate it. I mean, you didn’t have to come for me.”

 

“I know, but I wanted to.”

 

We looked at each other and then he turned to leave but before he did he asked me,

 

“Tiffany, where does this leave us?”

 

I smiled and walked over to him and kissed his lips lightly. I looked into his eyes, and said,

 

“I think you know.”

 

He gave me that smirk in his smile, that I adore so much, and nodded.

 

He then leaned in and kissed me on my forehead.

 

“Call me,” he said leaving as I waved to him, smiling.

 

When I got back inside, I told Yuri everything that had happen. She was asking questions constantly, but I couldn’t blame her because I did the same thing to her when she told me what happen with Yoona.

 

“Okay, so when I got off I couldn’t find you or anyone I know for that matter and thought, great she forgot me, but then I saw Yoona and was holding a bouquet of roses and a picture frame,” she began.

 

“I’m sorry Yuri, but how sweet, but what picture was in the picture frame?”

 

“I forgive you, but I’ll get to what picture was on the picture frame, don’t worry. Anyway, I went up to him and asked him what he was doing here and he said it didn’t matter that he was there, but what does matter is our relationship. He told me that he knew the reason why I broke things off and I shouldn’t be scared to move on.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I asked him how he knew what he knew and he told me it didn’t matter how, but I’m pretty sure I know who it was,” Yuri said giving me a look.

 

“I had to Yuri,” I said.

 

She quit giving me the look and said,

 

“I know and I thank you for that because after he said that he gave me the roses and the picture frame and inside the frame was a picture of Nick and me and on the side of it was a picture of him and me on our first date,” she continued as tears began to fall from her face and mine, “he then said the most wonderful thing. He said that he could never replace my first love, nor could he replace such an amazing guy, but that he hopes he can someday replace that gap in my heart.”

 

“Wow, Yuri. That’s so sweet. What did you say after he told you that?”

 

“I did what I hope any girl would do when a guy they love says something like that to you. I kissed him. It was the most amazing kiss, Fany-ah. I never felt that way before when I kissed him. Not since the last kiss I had with Nick,” she said, her voice lowering when she said his name.

 

“That’s great, Yul. I’m happy for you.”

 

“And I’m happy for you too, Fany. Who knows we may end up staying here.”

 

“Yeah, we just might.”