Chapter 13

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

When we entered the room, I felt like all eyes were on me. I quickly pushed my way down the stairs as Yuri called after me.

 

“Fany-ah, slow down”

 

Once I was down the stairs I stopped.

 

“Sorry, Yul, I just don’t like it when all the attentions on me,” I explained.

 

“Relax. You look gorgeous, so you can’t really expect anyone to stare.”

 

“Well, have you seen Jessie and Yoong?”

 

“No, it doesn’t help with everyone wearing these masks either. You think we would still be able to make out everyone with them on,” she said as I looked around hoping to spot Jessica.

 

“Excuse me,” someone said behind me.

 

I turned around to see prince charming.

 

“Jessie?” I asked not quite sure if that was his voice I heard as he unmasked himself. “How did you know I was a prin…?”

 

“Yuri told me,” he interrupted as I looked at Yuri who was smiling.

 

“Where’s Yoong?” she asked.

 

“He has some last minute things to do,” Jessica told her then he turned back to face me. “So, how about a dance?” he finished holding out his hand and bowing.

 

I nodded and grabbed his hand as he pulled me close to him.

 

I laid my head on his chests as the music played. I had expected the DJ to be playing something more upbeat and scarier but it didn’t bother me because it was an excuse for Jessica and me to be this close.

 

“How is your night going so far?” asked Jessica, looking down at me as we continued to dance.

 

“Great. What about yours?”

 

“Perfect.”

 

“May I cut in?” I heard someone say.

 

Jessica and I both looked to see who it was.

 

“Taeyeon,” I said not surprised.

 

She was wearing what looked like to be the angel of death. She was probably the only one in the room not wearing a mask.

 

“Taeyeon…” said Jessie, nervously.

 

“Sure,” I said, being sure of what I was doing as I stepped away from Jessica.

 

“Tiff…”

 

“No, it’s okay. It’s just a dance,” I said interrupting Jessica, knowing I could trust him.

 

This was a part of the new me or the princess me. I was willing to let myself be able to trust certain people and Jessica was the first. I may not have known what was going through Taeyeon’s mind as she got close to Jessica but I didn’t care because I knew no matter what Jessica would not break that trust I had for him.

 

“I have to freshen up anyways,” I continued.

 

“No you don’t. You look beautiful,” he said, making me blush.

 

I could see Taeyeon roll her eyes.

 

“You’re sweet, but a terrible liar,” I said giving him a kiss that had become a habit whenever we would leave each other. I had forgotten Taeyeon was there and I could see her look away.

 

“Don’t be long,” whispered Jessie into my ear as I left him to dance with Taeyeon.

 

“Tiffany!” shouted Yuri as I turned to face her.

 

“Hey, Yul, have you found Yoona?”

 

“Not yet, but why aren’t you with Jessica? Did that b**ch Taeyeon do something?” said Yuri staring at them.

 

I could see Taeyeon laying her head on Jessica’s chest while Jessica looked annoyed and I saw his lips mumble something. I looked away, knowing that I had nothing to worry about.

 

“No, she didn’t do anything. I just need to freshen up,” I told Yuri who looked at me.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Well, let me go with you.”

 

We walked to the restrooms and were able to tone down our voices that were easier to hear once we left the room with the loud music.

 

“Tiffany.”

 

“Yeah,” I said, reading the worried and scared expression on Yuri’s face.

 

She started checking through the stalls, making sure we were the only two in the restroom. She blocked the door with the trash can and opened up her purse and pulled out a pregnancy test.

 

“Yuri!!” I shouted.

 

“Shh….” she whispered.

 

“Yuri, please tell me that, that isn’t yours.”

 

She looked at me and swallowed.

 

“It’s mine,” she said as I felt my stomach drop.

 

“Yul…”

 

“I already know what you’re going to say so just please don’t. I haven’t even taken the test yet.”

 

I took a deep breath and I could tell she was really scared.

 

“Well are you going to?” I said as calm as I could.

 

“Yes, I was just waiting for the right time and I know this isn’t but I just can’t help but know.”

 

“Are you scared?”

 

“Heck yeah, I’m not ready to be a mother, Fany,” she said tears beginning to fall down her face.

 

“Yul, don’t cry. You don’t know yet,” I said comforting her.

 

“I know I can’t even imagine, but how did this happen? Well I know how but when?”

 

“Last weekend, when Yoona and I spent the weekend together, I don’t know how but it just happened.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I didn’t want to make you feel like you had to rush things with Jessica.”

 

I looked at her and gave her a look that I understood.

 

“Well, are you ready to take this test?”

 

“No, but I’m gonna have to.”

 

“Well no matter what happens just know I’ll always be with you.”

 

“Thank you Fany,” she said sniffling.

 

“Tiffany!” Yuri and I heard someone outside the door.

 

We looked at each other and I concluded that it was probably just Jessica.

 

“Just go in and pee on the stick and I’ll be out here waiting for you,” I said.

 

“Nice way of putting it,” Yuri said smiling as she went into the stall.

 

“Tiffany!” I heard the voice again.

 

I then felt that feeling I had that someone was watching me. I looked around and knew it was only Yuri and I in the room but I just couldn’t shake that feeling.

 

“Tiffany!” the voice said again.

 

I didn’t want to leave Yuri especially at a time like this.

 

“Fany, who is that?” Yuri asked through the stall.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Well you can go. This may take a while.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

 

So I went out the bathroom and followed the voice. Just then the lights turned off and I couldn’t see anyone. Just then I felt someone’s hand grab a hold of my hands and pulled me into a corner and into a kiss.

 

“Tiffany, I love you,” the voice said as I pulled away from the kiss.

 

It sounded so familiar but I wasn’t sure who it was.

 

The lights turned back on but the person was gone. I could see Jessica and Taeyeon at the punch line talking but I knew I had to go back to Yuri. So I did.

 

“Fany,” she said as I entered blocking the door again and making sure no one was inside but the two of us.

 

“Do you know the results?” I asked as she began to speak.