Chapter 23

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

 

The next morning I woke up to Yuri’s shriek.

 

“Yul!” I said in a harsh whisper as I saw Jessica still asleep beside me.

 

“Sorry,” she said excitedly shutting the door.

 

Jessica woke up to it. I quickly acted like I was still asleep. I could hear him yawning and then I could feel him wrap his arms around me, making my blood rush. I snuggled up against him as he did this.

 

I must have fallen back to sleep because when I opened my eyes I saw Jessica staring at me and smiling.

 

“Hey,” he said.

 

“Hi,” I said, smiling.

 

Then we both heard a knock at the door.

 

“Sorry to interrupt but its Christmas,” Yuri called out through the door.

 

“We’ll be right there.” Jessica called out through the door.

 

We both got up and Jessica headed towards the restroom.

 

“You need to use the shower,” he asked peeking out through the bathroom door.

 

“I don’t have any clothes,” I said a little embarrassed.

 

“No problem. Just grab some of mine,” he said disappearing into the bathroom.

 

“Ok,” I said to myself looking through his drawers as I heard him turn on the shower.

 

I looked through his drawers where he kept his shirts but was startled to find a letter addressed Jessica from Taeyeon. I figured it was nothing, probably just some old letter he forgot about. So I just grabbed a shirt and closed the drawer.

 

As I waited for him to finish I debated on whether to read the letter but then decided not to. Remembering that what I had done was so much worse. I still hated myself for kissing Wooyoung and just prayed that Jessica would never find out about that.

 

I suddenly jumped back into reality when I heard the shower turn off. Within seconds Jessica came out with a towel around his waist.

 

“Find everything?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” I answered.

 

“Great, it’s all yours,” he said motioning to the bathroom.

 

“Thanks,” I said going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

 

After my five minute shower I quietly opened the door and saw Jessica looking at the letter. I didn’t know if I should say something but then the next thing I knew he was looking at me.

 

“I didn’t read it,” I quickly said.

 

“Neither have I,” he said, “she left it at my front door, after I ended it with her,” he looked at me then crumpled up the letter and tossed it into the trash can, like he had done with mine on that first detention we had together. “It doesn’t matter anymore, so how about we go downstairs?”