Loved You First

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwURa0VyxQs

- One Direction

 

I’ve been waiting all this time to finally say it

But now I see your heart’s been taken and nothing could be worse

Baby I loved you first.

Thought my chances could’ve been where he is standing.

But that’s what hurts the most.

Girl I came so close.

And now you'll never know baby I loved you first

 

Ji Hyo’s POV

The exact moment when Daehyun and I pulled away, reality hit me.

“How are we going to communicate?” I asked as thoughts of doubt began to circle in my mind.

“We talked just fine when we were climbing those rocks together,” Daehyun smiled.

“But —”

“Ji Hyo,” Daehyun cut me off, “stop worrying, all right? I promise you, we’ll make this work,” he leaned forward to kiss my lips but I quickly turned away causing his lips to come in contact with my cheek instead.

“Mian – Mianhae . . .” I blushed as my eyes refused to meet his.

He chuckled and lightly pushed my head backwards with his index finger. “Pabo,” he looked admirably at me. “Call me oppa,” he winked.

“Why?” I took a step back and asked.

“I want to hear you call me oppa.”

“Daehyun Op – Oppa,” I reluctantly let the words roll out of my mouth. Daehyun smiled in satisfaction. He took my hand and led me back to the cabin.

“Hyungs, and the maknaes, meet my girlfriend,” he smiled proudly as both of us made our way into the cabin.

“Where? The only girl here is Ji Hyo,” Himchan asked as he looked around the huge cabin.

“Ji Hyo is the girlfriend, pabo,” Youngjae facepalmed himself.

“OMO! How dare you two get together without my permission?” the diva-like boy planted his hands on his hips and asked.

“Finally,” Jongup, who was the one who interrupted me and Daehyun when we were about to kiss a few days ago, muttered under his breath.

“Yah! Jongup!” I playfully hit his chest.  

“Ehmm. How dare you flirt with someone else in front of your boyfriend?” Daehyun whined and pouted cutely.

Yongguk let out a loud, deep laugh and ruffled both mine and Daehyun’s hair. “Well, aren’t the two of you just adorable?” he mused.

“I know what you mean, Gukkie hyung,” Himchan nodded with a smile of admiration on his face. “Well then, the two of you have me best wishes!” he then added.

“Mine too!” Youngjae, Jongup and Yongguk said at the same time, followed by, “Jinx! You owe me a soda,” and there began their never ending bickering.

“Yeah,” Zelo mumbled half-heartedly whilst keeping his gaze trained onto his feet which were tracing random shapes onto the sand.

I tilted my head at his sentence causing Daehyun to pinch my cheeks and hyperventilate over my so-called ‘adorableness’. “Pabo,” I said as I lightly thwarted his forehead.

“Aish jinjja! That hurt!” Daehyun pouted as he rubbed his forehead.

“Pabo!” I repeated myself and then bit my lip from restraining myself from laughing.

“Bbobbo,” he simply said as he lightly tapped his lip.

“Eh?”

As if on cue, the other boys started changing in perfect unison, fists ing into the air with each word: “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

“Well?” my boyfriend asked whilst batting his eyelashes innocently.

Hanging my head low in embarrassment, I shyly turned towards him and planted a quick peck on his lips. Causing the others to be burst into cheers and wolf whistles.

Boys. 

Red-faced from all the laughing and excitement, Jongup looked around and asked, “Where did Zelo go?" he frowned slightly.

“I’ll go look for him,” I volunteered.

 

Zelo’s POV

I couldn’t stand to see Ji Hyo and Daehyun hyung being loved up towards each other so I walked away. Walking in no particular direction, I ended up sitting on one of the beanbags whilst admiring the twinkling stars in the otherwise pitch black sky.

“Zelo?” I heard a small voice ask hesitantly. My head shot up and my brown eyes immediately met Ji Hyo’s perfect orbs.

“Hmm?”

“I thought I’d find you here,” she mused with an adorable smile on her face.

“Ehh?” I bit my lower lip, trying to refrain myself from smiling at the sight of her.

“You mentioned to me before that you like star gazing, remember?” she said as she sat on the beanbag next to mine and gave me an eyesmile.

Eyesmile.

She got that from Daehyun.

And that was when reality came back to me and a giant tsunami wave of dread washed over me. I instantly avoided her eyes and fixed my gaze to the night sky, hoping that she didn’t notice the pain written on my face.

“Wanna tell me what's wrong?” she urged as she shot me a comforting smile.

I then turned to her and stared intimately into her eyes. My gaze must’ve caught her off guard as she let out a barely audible gasp.

“The truth is Ji Hyo, I —” I began but then stopped myself. I couldn’t tell her my feelings towards her. She was with Daehyun. I didn’t want to wreck their relationship.

“Bwoh?”

I sighed deeply as my shoulders deflated animatedly. “It’s nothing,” I faked a grin. 

Ji Hyo shot me a look of doubt but decided to let me be. “Well, if you want to talk to me about it you can do it anytime,.”

“Thanks,” I gave her a weak smile. 

“No problem,” she jokingly bumped shoulders with me just like the first time we talked. “You're like my best friend or something,” she mused and then lifted her head up to admire the night sky. 

I looked at her smile on her face as she gazed at a particularly bright star with longing in my eyes. 

Best Friend. 

Why does it hurt so much when she said that?