Foreign world

The Peculiar Girl

Saturday night of June 2013

 

“Wake up Miss…wake up”

Out of the dullness of silence, a voice was speaking, making my eyes open.

A woman with eyeglasses and a curled up lips is looking at me and she’s wearing unrecognizable clothes.

She held my back, helping me to sit up.

When I finally had the strength to take a good look around me, I gasped.

“Where am I?!”

“Don’t worry, you’re alright.” The woman replied.

I stood up, “Is this my punishment?”

The woman nodded, “Yes”

I widened my eyes, “What?! W---why? I don’t understand…”

“You’ll be staying here Ms. Ji Eun.” She replied.

“W—what? Stay? For how long?” I asked.

“I don’t know…as long as you’ll learn to be a responsible person then you can come back to your world. For short, it’s just temporary.” The woman pointed out.

I looked around me, the dark sky only have a few stars. “Where am I?”

“Welcome to this world Ms. Ji Eun.” She stated, “Where magic and fantasies don’t exist.”

“What do you mean?” I asked with a wrinkled brow.

The woman just smiled, “You’ll understand it soon but first, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim Soo Ri. And this is my special job. I’m the one who takes care of the people like you that’s from Fantasia.”

I nodded, trying to connect the things that she said.

“So come with me.”

I examined the place, it was full of grass and roses and there was a fountain.

“Where are we?” I asked with a wrinkled brow.

“We’re exactly at the garden of my house.” The girl, whose name is Miss Soo Ri replied.

“Ohh…” I mumbled and looked up, how come there are a few stars in this place. In Fantasia, the night sky is always bursting with stars.

“Come dear, let’s go inside and continue our conversation there.” Miss Soo Ri said and gestured me to walk with her.

There was a white door in front of us and Miss Soo Ri opened it and it didn’t produce a squeaking sound.

“Go” She proclaimed with a smiling face.

As soon as I walk in and take a look around, I was bewildered.

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun’s eyes widened and quickly gaped. She just stood there with surprise.

“Welcome to my home.” Miss Soo Ri greeted and lead Ji Eun to the living room and make her seat on the couch.

“Go on take a seat”

Ji Eun’s head keeps looking to her right and to her left. The house was somehow beautiful and elegant. But it was simple. The house has the color of white and there are things that she actually finds interesting. Houses in Fantasia don’t look like this, they’re made up of wood and if you’re rich enough, you can have a house made up of bricks.

Miss Soo Ri gestured her to a big chair which is actually fluffy.

Ji Eun was expecting that the chair will be hard as she took a seat since the chairs in her house are made of wood but this one’s different. It seems like the chair was slowly swallowing her.

She quickly stood up, “What’s that?!”

Miss Soo Ri gawked with confusion, “What?”

“That weird looking chair is going to eat my !” Ji Eun exclaimed and quickly went beside Soo Ri.

Soo Ri rolled her eyes, *there will be a lot of looong explanations…*

“Don’t worry. It’s just comfy and it’s actually comfortable. Go ahead, it won’t harm you.”

Ji Eun didn’t know if she will trust this woman with odd clothes (actually, ‘she’ was the one who’s wearing odd clothes.)

But she did it anyway, she tried to sit slowly and realized that it’s actually soft. She slides her hand and examined its features, “extraordinary! What kind of wood is this?! It’s actually soft!!!”

Miss Soo Ri chuckled, “It’s not made up of wood dear.”

Ji Eun pouted with embarrassment, “Oh…right.”

Miss Soo Ri clasped her hands and exhaled, “Okay, let’s proceed..I want to tell you some things that are important for you to know.”

Ji Eun nodded, “Okay then, go ahead.”

“My name is Soo Ri and I know a lot of things about Fantasia. My job is to be the guardian or the helper of the characters that are in this world like you. My garden is exactly the place or the portal of Fantasia to our world. And when it’s time for you to come back, you’ll just go back to my garden and wait for the portal to ope---“

“Wait, You mean I can come back?! I want to come back now!” Ji Eun jaunted.

“Sorry dear but not today…”

“Why?”

Miss Soo Ri sighed, “Just let me finish my explanation first.”

“You are here in this world to learn and to experience what matters in life. You are here to change. Once you know that kind of things and change to a better person, then you can come back. But I’m afraid it’ll not happen yet, with that attitude of yours.”

Ji Eun rolled her eyes, “Yeah whatever, I’m a nothing but a cruddy, lousy and an awful woman who’s completely unacceptable.”

“That’s why you’re here. There’s a reason why you’re here. And that is to help you find the beautiful character living inside you.”

Ji Eun was left with no choice. She wants to come back and hug her family instead of being here in this unrecognizable world with odd-looking things. But she knows deep in her heart that she needs to be here. She sighed, “Okay…So what am I supposed to do?”

“Simple…just live life like a normal human being, I have a daughter named Suzy which looks younger than you and I have a nephew, his parents abandoned him so he lived here with me and Suzy. They don’t know anything about this and my secret job that’s why I want you to act that you’re the daughter of a friend of mine and you will temporarily live here. Got it?” Miss Soo Ri questioned to see if Ji Eun gathered her explanations.

To her relief, Ji Eun nodded.

“You must not tell them that you are from Fantasia or else they think you’re crazy. You should not tell it to the other people as well and also to my daughter and nephew.”

“Okay, I comprehend your explanations.” Ji Eun said.

Out of the serious atmosphere, there was a grumble, a tummy grumble.

Ji Eun quickly put her hands on her stomach and realized that her tummy is screaming for food.

Miss Soo Ri laughed, “You’re hungry?”

Ji Eun shyly nodded, “Do you have any uhh…carrot soup or something?”

Miss Soo Ri shook her head, “Foods like that are just appetizers here. Do you want a steak?”

Ji Eun wrinkled her brow, “S—t—e? What?”

“Steak”

“What’s that?”

Miss Soo Ri stood up, “It’s a food here. So why don’t you make yourself comfortable since this is your home now..I’ll just prepare some dinner. The kids will be here soon.”

Ji Eun nodded and Miss Soo Ri walked away.

Ji Eun stood up and brushes the specks of dust on her dress.

She looked around and walked towards the framed paintings. The house was completely marvelous and big. It contains exotic things that are beyond her recognition.

Continuing her walk, her eyes traveled to the white stairs in front of her. She smiled, *I think its okay to go there.*

Being the girl who’s full of excitement and giddy feelings, she goes upstairs.

 

~:~

 

There were two blue couches and there was a balcony. I want to go over there but the door was locked.

With a pouted face, I looked around and saw three more doors.

I opened the first one and saw a large bed with a yellow covering. There was a photo of Miss Soo Ri. She was wearing a large beam on her face and at that moment, I know that I could trust her and she is actually nice. *This must be her room.*

I opened the second door:  pink walls, pink bed, pink curtains and table. Just by looking at the features of the room, I easily determined that this room belongs to a girl. It was actually wonderful and I thought of Juniel, she would love this. I sighed of the thought and decided to walked away, proceeding to the other room.

I opened the last door. The walls have the color of blue. And the bed sheet was color white.

I looked around and examined the shelves and there are a lot of odd things.

 

~:~

 

Miss Soo Ri was busily making a steak sauce when the door bell rang.

*Looks like they’re here.*

She quickly wiped her hands with a cloth and went outside to open the gate.

“Good evening mom!” Suzy greeted with a large smile on her face and went inside.

“Good evening mom…”

“Good evening kids! How’s the party?” Miss Soo Ri questions as she locks the gate.

“It was grand! Jia and I had a long conversation.” Suzy answered and removed her heels.

“Oh by the way, our guest is finally here.” Miss Soo Ri announced.

Suzy’s eyes glimmered, “You mean the one that you told us yesterday---your friend’s daughter?”

Miss Soo Ri nodded.

“Change your clothes first before you meet her okay?” Miss Soo Ri said and looked at the exhausted boy sitting on the couch, “You too. Change your clothes now and dinner will be served in just a minute.”

Suzy quickly went in her bedroom and find some of her night clothes, unaware that there’s a person in the other room.

 

~:~

 

On the other hand, the boy grumpily went upstairs and felt stressed out.

He brushed his hair with his hand and stood in front of his bedroom door.

He put his hand around the door knob and…

It won’t open. It is actually locked. He rolled his eyes and thought that Suzy is playing tricks with him. *Ugh not now Suzy*

He was about to knock when the door suddenly opens, “Yah Suz----“

The boy widened his eyes, it’s not Suzy!

It was an unknown girl wearing a weird looking gown and has a hazelnut hair flowing below her shoulders, her face full of bewilderment.

“Yah!!! Who are you?!”

 

~:~

 

Someone outside was stirring the knob and I forgot that I actually locked it so I quickly went towards it. When I finally opened it, a boy with a bronze colored hair was staring with widened eyes.

He shouted, making me flinch in fear. Where’s Miss Soo Ri?!

Because of fear and absolute confusion, I quickly closed the door again which made him shocked and banged the door.

“Yah!!! Open the door!!!”

My heart was racing and I don’t know what to do. Who’s that guy?! Where’s Miss Soo Ri?!

The banging on the door stopped and heard voices outside.

Then I heard Miss Soo Ri’s voice.

“Ji Eun, It’s me, Miss Soo Ri. Come out now…”

I enlightened, glad of the fact that she’s here.

So I slowly opened the door while my head was down, looking at the floor.

“Who is she mom??!”

“Chanyeol,” said Miss Soo Ri, “calm down. She’s our guest.”

 

~:~

 

Ji eun faced the two of them and saw the guy who’s banging the door a while ago.

He has a beautiful face that reflects winter and coldness. But there was something beneath his constant eyes, like they’re containing warmth.

*This must be her nephew*

“Look, I still need to finish the steak so why don’t you talk to her for a while and where’s Suzy?”

“She’s still changing,” Chanyeol replied.

Miss Soo Ri nodded and quickly went downstairs to check the steak, leaving Chanyeol and Ji Eun alone.

“What are you doing in my room?” The boy asked blatantly.

The completely naïve girl realized that she’s still in the boy’s bedroom and quickly made her way outside. “Uhh I apologize.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Whatever, don’t you dare go inside my room again. Understood?”

Ji Eun frowned, there was something in the way he said it, irritation and unfriendliness.

The girl huffed in disbelief, “Look, I was expecting you to accept my apology but all you did was to spit out unfriendliness towards me.”

Chanyeol twitched his eyebrows. *Well that’s deep.*

With a smirk on his face, he straightly replies, “Well Miss-I-don’t-know-who-you-are. I don’t want to waste my time talking with a woman who just barged in my room without permission. Not to mention your weird clothes.”

He scanned Ji Eun from head to toe. *Did she just attend a prom or whatever?*

Ji Eun gawked at what he said. This is actually her sister’s clothes and this is not weird but rather grand.

She curled her hands to a fist and stepped on Chanyeol’s foot with a strong force.

“WHAT THE?!” He shouted and looked at Ji Eun with raging eyes.

While Ji Eun on the other hand, is just smirking. “I really like messing with people.”

Chanyeol closed the door with a large bang and quickly sat on his bed to massage his foot. *what kind of guest is that?!*

 

~:~

 

“Yah what’s with the shouti-" Suzy said as she comes out from her room and saw Ji Eun.

“Hello” Ji Eun greeted. *I hope this one is nice..*
Ji Eun observed the girl in front of her and reminded her of someone that she cares a lot…Juniel.

The girl’s hair was a lot like her sister’s, it has a chestnut color and Ji Eun can almost smell the girl’s scent, something like summer or spring, maybe in-between.

Suzy beamed, “OMG! Hello! My name is Suzy! That gown of yours is actually attractive!”

Ji Eun smiled. *I guess we’ll get along well. Not like the ludicrous creature a while ago.*

 


 

Hello, I made a portfolio site...so here it is: http://imfindingsunshine.tumblr.com/