Banished

The Peculiar Girl

“Then Yoona took a bite from the apple and after a few moments, she collapsed.” The dwarf wearing small round eyeglasses said as he stood before the magistrate.

Ji Eun was seated at the left side of the magistrate with an exhausted face. She scanned the sea of people and saw Juniel and her parents seated in front. Juniel and Ji Eun held gazes and they tried to give a smile to each other.

“It’s not my fault your magistrate. It was the witch’s fault. She told me that it’s not a poisonous apple and I should give it to Yoona.” Ji Eun defended herself.

But the response of the people disappointed her, “You’re lying!”

“Quiet!” The magistrate shouted and gave Ji Eun a deep look.

~:~

The meeting lasted for hours and when they finally finished, the magistrate announces, “Ji Eun deserves a punishment.”

Juniel’s eyes widen in disbelief along with their parents. “That’s unfair!!!!”

“Silence!!” The magistrate exclaimed.

“I have made my decision, we will look for Yoona’s true love to kiss her to break the spell while Ji Eun on the other hand, has to face a punishment.”

Ji Eun flinches as she hears the word punishment. She sighed and fought the urge not to cry in front of them. That’s it, she said to herself. She cannot do anything about this.

“It will be held tonight. Dismissed.”

The magistrate left while Ji Eun was commanded to stay in the room again and wait for tonight’s punishment.

When the people already left, Juniel and her parents decided to visit Ji Eun.

“My poor daughter…” Their mama says as she ran towards Ji Eun to hug her.

Ji Eun cried on her mother’s shoulder, scared of what will happen tonight.

Juniel stayed beside them, watching her sister cries with her parents. She covered her face by her hands and stayed strong to fight her tears.

When Ji Eun finally let go of her parents, she looks at Juniel who has watery eyes.

She quickly wrapped her arms around Juniel, “I’m scared…”

Juniel accepted her defeat and tears started to roll on her cheeks, “You’ll be okay…”

 

“Ji Eun, it’s time to go.” The guard says as he gestured Juniel and her parents that it’s time for them to give their last goodbye.

Juniel faced her sister one last time, “Whatever your punishment is…Be sure that you’ll get back…I love you Ji Eun…You will and will always be my sister and my friend.”

Ji Eun forced herself to smile as she treasures her sister’s words in her heart and mind.

“I love you too…” Ji Eun muttered and turned around from them and started to walk with the guards.

~:~

So this is it huh? I don’t know what lies ahead but I’m sure that I can make it and return to this kingdom.

We stopped in front of a large white door. And to my surprise, it automatically opened, producing a loud creaking sound. Inside, there was a large table at the center with five people wearing yellow cloaks while the one who has long beard is wearing a shimmering white cloak.

“Welcome Ji Eun…” The one with a white cloak greeted with a smile.

I smiled back, completely confused of what’s happening.

“Who are you?” I asked.

The man with a long beard smiles, “I’m the Creator.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, wrinkling my brow.

“He’s the one who created Fantasia.” The man who’s wearing a yellow cloak says.

I gasped. You mean…He’s the one who made me?

All I did is to widen my eyes and took a seat in front of them.

“You’ll be facing a Fantasia’s Sleep miss Ji Eun.” The man announced.

Fantasia’s Sleep? I’ve never heard of that word before. “What’s that?”

They didn’t respond and stayed quiet.

“Why did you create me to be like this?” I ask, looking at the man with shimmering white cloak.

The creator looks at me but didn’t give an answer. They stood up and walked me to another door.

“I created you to be like that because in that way, you’ll learn the greatest lessons in life.”

I gave him a confused expression, “I’ll experience people’s hatred just to learn life’s lessons? Pathetic…”

The creator smiles, “I’m actually waiting for this..”

“Waiting for what?”

“I’m waiting for this day…when you’ll be confused and conscious in your acts.”

I didn’t answer and waited for the man to continue. “When I created you, I know that there will be a day when you will be like that. And in that way, you’ll learn.”

“Learn? You created me to be an irritating character just to learn? Whatever.”

The man looked at me and smiled, “Everything that happens has a purpose.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll find out soon.” The creator replied and opened the door.

As I took a step inside, everything went black.

~:~

Somewhere in a garden, a woman with eyeglasses walked around and it seems like she’s looking for someone. And when she finally reached her destination, she saw a girl lying on the grassy ground wearing odd long clothes. The mysterious woman smiled and whispers, “She’s here.”