Recalling the Past

The Peculiar Girl

 

The party has already started and Dongwoon’s house was packed with juniors and seniors.

A lot of them are having fun but of course, the party is not that kind of wild though.

Myungsoo was chatting with his friends but every now and then, he would scan the area as if he’s looking for something…or maybe someone.

Luhan just finished talking with his friend Sehun when he decided to get a glass of iced tea and proceeded to the balcony to ease his mind and inhale some fresh air.

And that is when Minah suddenly made her way inside Dongwoon’s house and a girl named Jiyeon widened her eyes. “Minah! You’re here!”

Minah smiled widely as the two of them hugged each other as if they haven’t seen each other for a long time. “I thought you’ll be gone for three months?”

Minah shrugged. “Nah, it’s just two months. Anyway, how’re you? Thanks for informing me about this party.”

Jiyeon playfully slapped Minah’s arms. “No problem! Well, I’m still the same. Wait, you should be the one who should do the talking! How’s Japan?”

The both of them settled themselves on one of the couches and continued their conversation.

“It was wonderful and the students there are really friendly. It’s a sad thing to leave them.” Minah said before sighing.

Hearing her statement, Jiyeon pouted. “Oh so you mean you like them more now than you’re friends here?”

Minah chuckled and lightly slapped her friend’s arm. “Of course not! That’s a different thing!”

Jiyeon nodded with a laugh until their conversation lead to Minah’s love life…

“So…are you still willing to do what you told me?” Jiyeon asked, trying to keep it low as possible.

Minah suddenly quieted and pursed her lips before making a nod.

“But…how about Chanyeol?” Jiyeon questioned while curiosity was written on her face.

Hearing his name, Minah let out a sigh. “I d-don’t know…It’s just that I realized that after we’ve been together, it seems like I didn’t feel anything towards him maybe I just used him for keeping myself from being broken because of L-Luhan. And now, he’s back…I don’t want to lose him anymore.”

Jiyeon widened her eyes as she tried to grasp her friend’s explanation. “Wait, you mean you just used Chanyeol so that you won’t get hurt?!”

Minah vehemently shook her head. “Of course not! Well, being with him for one year made me happy too and I like him but…my love for Luhan is still there.”

Jiyeon sighed and decided to end her friend’s complicated situation. “Speaking of Luhan, he’s here.”

Minah turned his gaze to Jiyeon with hopeful eyes. “Really? Where?”

Jiyeon nodded towards the door. “I saw him went to the balcony a while ago.”

 

~:~

 

Minah patted her friend’s shoulder meaning to say she’ll be away for a minute and decided to stand up from her seat. She inhaled deeply as she walked towards the balcony and as soon as she reached her destination…she saw him standing while his back was facing her.

Ever since the first day of school as a senior, she never talked with Luhan besides the fact she’s a section B student, she was afraid and the atmosphere between them was unreadable and it made her cringe that’s why she want to put a stop to it and get back the way how it used to be. That’s why she broke up with Chanyeol and gathered a lot of confidence to do this. There’s no turning back now because she realized that her heart still screams for him.

She walked towards him and when she’s finally a few inches away, she breathed heavily, gathering a lot of oxygen as much as she could. “L-Luhan…”

Minah wanted to call him oppa just like how it used to be but now, it would seem absurd and embarrassing if she did that.

Hearing his name with that familiar sweet voice, Luhan’s heart suddenly beats fast and slowly, he turned around and there, Minah stood before him...

The girl who still has the ability to capture his heart and the girl who became the reason why his heart suddenly turned cold.

He doesn’t know what to do but much to his relief, he managed to croak out his voice. “H-hey,”

Minah felt the rushing of her blood…it’s been a while since he said it to her…it’s been a while since the two of them talked…it’s been a long while.

She managed to smile and walked beside him. She looked at the vast night sky since she still doesn’t have the energy to look at him straight in the eye. “How’re you?”

Luhan wanted to scream at her…asking him how he is even though she was the reason why he’s like that now but he wants to hug her at the same time but he knew that he doesn’t have the right to do it.

“I’m good. You?”

Minah bit back a smile. “Same…”

Silence enveloped the two of them until tears started to form on the corner of Minah’s eyes while Luhan just stayed quiet, wanting her to stay beside him even though there’s not much of a conversation to make.

“I…I missed you…” Minah whispered. Enough to let him hear it and at the moment she said it, a single tear rolled from her eyes and she quickly wiped it away with her hand but Luhan had enough sense to notice it when he took a quick glance but he didn’t react even though deep inside, he was buoyant to hear those words coming from . Luhan was surprised and tried to hide his reaction as much as he can. He didn’t look at her and continued to fix his eyes at the dull evening sky.

Sensing that he wasn’t about to make a reply, Minah sighed. “How about you?”

“Uhh…” Luhan mumbled and Minah waited for him to continue but much to her disappointment, he didn’t. Luhan wanted to tell her that he missed her more but he has this pride inside him that keeps on pulling him away from her.

After a minute of silence, Minah spoke again. “Chanyeol…and I broke up…”

Hearing her words, Luhan flinched because even though it’s good news to him, it still means that Chanyeol and Minah had a relationship.

“Really…” was all he said even though his heart wanted to say a thousand words.

Minah sighed, noticing that he always let out trite replies and it disappointed her, making her went straight to the point. “Can…we…”

She inhaled deeply as Luhan’s ears perked up, waiting for her to continue.

“…still have a c-chance?” Minah nervously asked. She knew that she became blunt about this but she’s willing to do it because she doesn’t want to lose him anymore. “I…still love you…Luhan…oppa.”

Her words surprised Luhan and hearing from her that she still loves him made him want to jump in joy but he stayed still as if he didn’t hear anything.

Minah waited for a reply and looked at him and to her surprise, Luhan returned his gaze at her and the both of them looked intensely at each other and that time, Minah realized that his eyes were starting to become watery.

“I…I n-need to go.” Luhan mumbled and quickly walked away from her and didn’t dare to look back.

Minah felt as if she’s sinking into a black hole…tears started to roll from her eyes because she felt something painful but she knew she wasn’t rejected because she realized that Luhan was about to cry a while ago and to her, it means that he still loves her.

 

Luhan quickly wounded his way outside as he felt tears started to form in his eyes. He wants to go home and think…and let himself cry even though he’s a man.

He stood outside the gate as he fished out his phone from his pocket and called his driver.

“Pick me up already,” He said as soon as his call was answered.

He stared at the empty road in front of him while hearing the noises from Dongwoon’s house but as the clock ticks, the sounds slowly faded and he found himself recalling the past events.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Back when Luhan was a freshman…

Back when he and Chanyeol were closed friends…

And back when Minah was his girl…

When Minah and Luhan were freshmen…their hearts already got lost in Loveland.

She was his first love and he was her first love as well and they became one of the campus sweethearts.

Well, Luhan’s attention and heart was already stolen by a girl and that girl’s name is…Minah.

Choi Minah...

Luhan was glad with it. He would spend his break time with her, enjoy sleepless night with her by talking on the phone and take in the sweet season with her while having a walk at the park. Every time she was with him, he knew that he already has his world right beside him and he would feel much better whenever his hand was interlaced with hers because it seems like those hands were made to fit perfectly to each other.

Everything was well and wonderful but just like the weather, there always comes a storm…

He was already a sophomore when his parents decided to transfer him to a school in China by the time he’ll be a junior and as much as he doesn’t want to, he agreed to their plan because being respectful to his family is his first priority.

So when their sophomore year is about to end and there are only two months left, Luhan decided to tell to Minah his parents’ plan and just as he expected, it hurts Minah a lot and having a long distant relationship might be hard for her. Even though they’ve already been together for a year, he knew that she’s still weak and it hurts him too for leaving his very own first love. That’s why after having a long serious conversation, the two of them decided to cool it off and have a break first and told themselves that they should wait because Luhan assured that he’ll come back. Minah agreed and promised that she’ll wait for him.

It went well and Luhan was fine with that because he knew that someday, they can be together again since the two of them promised that they’ll be patient and wait for each other.

So it went fine…

Not until when sophomore year finally ended and vacation made its way and begun.

It’s almost a month since school ended and Luhan’s parents were busy arranging his papers and other things when Luhan received a text from one of his friends which is Sehun. Sehun told him that he saw Minah in one of the streets of Seoul with his close friend…

And that was Chanyeol.

At first, Luhan shrugged it off and didn’t believe him and told Sehun some reasons like maybe the two of them just met along the way and besides, he knew that Chanyeol wouldn’t do such a thing anyway because he’s his best friend.

Best friends don’t hurt each other’s heart…right?

But everything changed when Luhan saw right in front of his eyes that his so called best friend was holding hands with his first love…with ‘his’ girl…and that’s Minah.

He was settled at the backseat of the car while waiting for his mom who’s buying something in the store when he just saw the two of them walked pass their car with smiles basked on their faces as if they’re the only people in the world, not even having the idea that they’re hurting someone…that they’re hurting him.

He sat there, frozen and numb as if time just left him behind.

He doesn’t have an idea what to do so he just sat there and let himself hear the sound of his shattering heart.

The next day, he decided to do a move because he knew that he just can’t stay like that. That’s why he went out of his house at a late afternoon and walked to Chanyeol’s house with anger boiling inside of him.

It took him half an hour to get there since Chanyeol’s house is not that near in his house besides the fact that he just walked and when he was only a few meters away, he could almost make out Chanyeol’s figure with Suzy outside their house and his anger spread like wildfire.

He was only a few inches away from their gate when Chanyeol saw him and quickly went towards the gate to open it but much to his shock, as soon as Chanyeol opened the gate, Chanyeol felt a burning punch from his cheek.

“Chanyeol!” Suzy widened her eyes when she just saw what happened right before her eyes, she quickly run towards Chanyeol, seeing a pinch of blood on the corner of his lips.

Luhan was breathing heavily as he looked at Chanyeol who’s seated on the ground along with Suzy.

His eyes were full of anger and madness as if he could kill Chanyeol.

“Luhan!! Why did you do that?!” Suzy shouted while tears were forming in her eyes because she doesn’t want to see Chanyeol getting hurt.

Chanyeol already had the idea why Luhan did that so he sighed. “Suzy, go inside…”

“No! He just punched you and you want me to go inside?!” Suzy shouted but Chanyeol held her shoulders. “Go, please…”

She heaved her shoulders in defeat as she stood up and walked inside but little did Chanyeol know that Suzy tried to eavesdrop.

Chanyeol slowly stood up when Luhan suddenly grabbed his collar. “What kind of a friend are you?!”

“Luhan, let me explain!” Chanyeol shouted but Luhan kept on holding.

“I saw you with Minah! What did you do?!” Luhan shouted at the top of his lungs and it’s a good thing that the street was quiet.

“Just let me explain!” Chanyeol shouted and Luhan let go.

“Can’t you see that she can’t take it? She doesn’t have the strength to handle your situation and she needed someone to be there for her!” Chanyeol explained, not mentioning the fact that he liked Minah ever since he was a freshman but decided to just keep it behind his façade because he knew that his best friend loves her and Minah loves his best friend back. He was endearing that pain while watching the person he loves being with someone else and that someone else was his best friend. But what hurts him the most is the fact that he’s still holding on even though he already knew that he’s waiting for nothing. And now, she needs him and he just can’t let that opportunity go.

“Oh so you’ve been there for her and decided to steal her from me?” Luhan pointed out, quieting Chanyeol.

“How could you…” Luhan whispered.

Chanyeol let out a sigh. “I’m sorry Luhan…”

Luhan laughed as he shook his head. “My heart’s already broken and now, you think that sorry will make everything fine.”

Chanyeol stayed quiet.

“You’re my friend Chanyeol…but not anymore.”

And that was it, Luhan walked away, leaving his friend…leaving all his memories with Chanyeol behind.

He threw it away just like how you throw garbage into a can.

That night, Luhan dialed Minah’s number and she picked it up at the third ring.

When she answered, she didn’t say a thing and only their breathing was heard throughout the line.

“How could you…” Luhan mumbled while his lips were trembling.

Minah stiffed when she heard his words and that moment, she knew that he already found out.

“O-oppa…”

“I told you to wait remember?” Luhan said.

“I kn—“

“We’ve been together for a year and you blew it away just like that…”

“N—“

“You promised me that you’ll wait but…I’m still not yet in China and you already gave up.” He muttered, trying to hold back his tears.

“Oppa! It’s jus—“

“Now you can still call me oppa? You just broke my heart Minah…” Luhan said and quickly hung up, not even waiting for her response.

After that was blur…Luhan studied in China while Chanyeol and Minah stayed together but Luhan and Minah were still broken because first love is not easily forgotten.

He studied hard during his junior year and when he was about to become a senior, he insisted his parents to go back and after months of convincing them, they agreed.

Luhan was eager to study again in that school no matter how painful the memories were because he told himself, that he still loves her despite the pain she gave him.

And now…she’s coming back.

 

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose, trying his best to keep his tears from falling and hoping that the car would pick him up soon.

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun, Suzy and Chanyeol just got out from Soo Ri’s car and walked towards the gate of Dongwoon’s house when a car stopped in front. The three of them just continued their walk when Luhan suddenly went out of the gate and since the sky was dark, they don’t have enough sense to realize the hurt in Luhan’s eyes.

Ji Eun suddenly widened her eyes. “Luhan!”

Hearing his name, he quickly snapped himself back into reality and saw Ji Eun standing in front of her, realizing that Suzy and Chanyeol were behind her. He just gave her a nod and quickly went towards the car and drove off.

“He already left? But we just got here…” Ji Eun quietly whined while Chanyeol just rolled his eyes.

“Did he even notice how I look tonight?” Ji Eun asked Suzy.

Suzy just shrugged and patted Ji Eun’s shoulder. “It’s okay,”

 

Luhan was staring blankly at the road ahead when he suddenly looked back and he could still make out the figures of the three of them outside. He then, averted his gaze to the girl who’s wearing a red dress.

He needed to do something

 


Hello!

What a wonderful surprise, I managed to have a double update because today's EXO's comeback! *throws confetti*
Anyway, I think these chapters are good but I don't think I wrote it well but I do hope that you still get the story's flow so if you have any questions, just comment below and I'll answer it. *pinky swear*
I also want to give a big thank you to happyvirusday for making such an amazing poster. May happy thoughts conquer your mind and enable you to fly and reach Neverland. 
Ohh...uhh..I want to tell you guys something.
I just made a twitter account where I can tweet about my AFF updates and of course, about my life as a kpop fan and you can follow me if you want. I'll follow you back. *pinky swear*


IridescentBookworm's Twitter 

That's all...thank you and God bless!
Continue to comment, subscribe and upvote because seeing those kind of things are beautiful and priceless. *sniffs* 

DFTBA

Yours with excitement because oh my dancing goblins EXO is back,
FindingSunshine