Suspicions

The Peculiar Girl

The next day, Ji Eun and Suzy were taking their breakfast together with Soo Ri.

“Where’s Chanyeol?” Suzy nonchalantly asked.

Hearing his name, Ji Eun remembered what happened to him last night and how she saw him cry for the first time. His cry was unusual though, it was somehow quiet and manly unlike hers that is like a crying baby. She decided to just keep her conversation with him and gave Suzy a shrug.
“He doesn’t want to go to school.” Soo Ri replied.
Suzy pouted. “What? Ji Eun didn’t go to school yesterday and today, he’s the one who doesn’t want to go.”

Soo Ri gave her daughter a sigh. “Just understand. He’s having some important matters.”

Taking a casual bite from the Bacon, Suzy scrunched her nose. “Matters?”

“Relationship matters…” Her mom replied with a wink.

Suzy wrinkled her brow. “What? Chanyeol and Minah are still not getting along?”
Ji Eun, who’s busily having the time with her breakfast, interrupted the two of them. “They broke up.”

Soo Ri just nodded since Chanyeol told it to her this morning when she went to his room but Suzy, on the other hand, widened her eyes. “What did you just say?”
“They broke up.” Ji Eun replied.
Suzy clicked her tongue and quickly finished her food before making her way upstairs.

Chanyeol was staring at the white ceiling with an unreadable face when there was a knock on his door.
He didn’t mind though and pretended he didn’t hear anything.
“Chanyeol-ah” Suzy mumbled in a gentle voice while knocking.
After a minute of tapping the door, she grunted, realizing that the door was actually open.
Suzy bit her lower lip and saw Chanyeol lazily laying on his bed while mundane was written all over his face but she knew that behind those were tons of pains.
“So…you two broke up?” She quietly asked.
Chanyeol somehow flinched when he heard the word ‘broke’. It was so past tense, making him realize more that there’s no Minah and Chanyeol anymore. Just like a broken glass, it cannot be whole anymore. He gave Suzy a nod.
Suzy sighed at his response.
“Does Luhan know about this?” She worriedly questioned.
Chanyeol clenched his jaw and turned his back to her. “I don’t know. We just broke up yesterday.”
“Why don’t you talk to her today?” She suggested.

“I can’t. Besides, today is her flight to Japan since she’s an exchange student.”
Knowing that she can’t do anything, Suzy just left and carefully closed the door.
When she went downstairs, Ji Eun was already wearing her bag and she gestured her that it’s time for them to go.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Ji Eun and Suzy stepped out of the car before giving their goodbye to Soo Ri. So Chanyeol didn’t go to school for he declared that he’s sick and all that could Suzy do is to grimace and say that the right word to put is ‘lovesick.’

“You think a lot of students are mad at me?” Ji Eun asked as they slowly took their steps toward the gate along with other students.

Suzy just gave her a shrug. “Well maybe some but a lot won’t mind. They forget easily since to them, it’s no big deal as long as they’re not involved.”

Ji Eun somehow found relief in her words so she just nodded. “I want to apologize to Chohee.”

“Really?” Suzy asked nonchalantly as she looked at the steadfast trees inside the campus.

“Well yeah since I did something wrong. You think she’ll forgive me?” She asked.

“I remembered the time when I talked to Chohee back when I was a sophomore. She seems nice and a lot of students tell that she has a nice stature. So yeah, I assure she’ll forgive you.” Suzy pointed out and kicked a pebble.

Ji Eun heaved her shoulders. “I hope you’re right.”

She lead Suzy to the Junior’s building before proceeding to hers and she gotta admit that she felt lonely again but she doesn’t mind since in Fantasia, she’s a professional when it comes to being alone.

When she finally took her steps inside the classroom, she sensed some stares but not all of them though. It’s just like another typical day as if nothing happened a day ago.

Jinri, one of her classmates approached her and took a seat on the empty chair beside hers. Probably the owner isn’t there. “Hey Ji Eun,”

She looked at her and gave her a smile before responding. “Hi Jinri,”

“So how’re you feeling?” Jinri worriedly asked and it flattered Ji Eun.

“I guess I’m okay?” She replied without assurance.

Jinri chuckled and gave a pat on her shoulder. “Don’t worry, today’s another day.”

Jinri got back from her seat just in time before their teacher walked in to their room.

Their teacher greeted them and pulled her glasses off, showing two red marks indelibly left on the bridge of her nose.

The Section C students politely greeted back and returned to their seats.

“Okay class, I hope you’re aware that the Special Exam is just a few weeks away and I do hope that you guys should take it seriously so that you’ll have a chance to be on the list of the thirty students in Section A.”

Their teacher stated while her hands were clasped together.

Ji Eun, on the other hand, was somehow sluggish at the moment but she still tried to take notes of what her teacher is saying. Her mind was struggling to be active but her eyes were getting heavy and to her luck, their teacher offered them some free time.

So what she did that time is to bury her face on her arms and let sleep stung her.

She woke up just in time for their second subject which is History. Well, she doesn’t have any idea about Korea’s past because all she knew were the story of Little Red Riding Hood, Beauty and the Beast and other fairytales. But of course, now that she’s living in our world, she need to get used to it and accept how exotic and foreign the things are. They did an activity on their textbook and Ji Eun found it easy since she clearly remembered their last History discussion.

Hours went on until it’s time for them to take their snacks.

She promised Suzy that she’ll see her at the cafeteria so she quietly made her way through the corridors.

Ji Eun earned some stares but much to her relief, not even one of them dared to bully her. Well, their school is not that much of a bullying school where there are kingkas and queenkas blah blah blah.

Suzy waved her hand for Ji Eun to see her and a smile quickly plastered on her lips

Ji Eun dragged her feet to Suzy’s table and realized that there are two girls settled with Suzy. One was Hana that she met during the first day of school and the other one was unfamiliar.
Suzy patted the empty seat beside her and Ji Eun obligingly took a seat.
“So this is Jia and I think you probably knew Hana.” Suzy stated with a smile and Ji Eun gave a friendly greeting before shaking their hands.
“Girls, this is Ji Eun.” Suzy explained to her friends.
They savored their snacks together and Ji Eun somehow didn’t find herself out of place because the three girls always welcome her if ever there is another topic despite how naïve or innocent she is.

After having a fun break time, the girls parted their ways and went back to their classrooms.

While waiting for the teacher to arrive, Ji Eun grabbed the notebook from her bag and flipped to the page where she wrote the things that she needed to do when she finally flipped it, she removed the paper from the notebook and folded it. She put it inside her skirt’s pocket, reminding to herself that she should always bring it.

When their subject teacher finally came in, he requested Ji Eun to give something to the admissions office. Ji Eun, on the other hand, stood up and her teacher gave her a lot of papers. She bowed to him before leaving and made her way outside.

Ji Eun was quietly walking through the corridors while humming when she saw a flowery hair clip on the floor. Her eyes shimmered and she quickly plopped herself on the ground together with the papers.
Ji Eun smiled when she grabbed the hair clip but to her disappointment, it was broken. She pouted and left it on the floor again before standing up. After she stood up however, some papers slip from her hand since she didn’t hold it tight so some of them were scattered on the ground. Sighing, she held the remaining papers on her left hand while the other picked up the scattered papers.

 

~:~

 

Myungsoo just got out from the restroom and while he was on his way through the corridors, she saw a girl picking some papers on the floor. Being the nice guy, he quickly went towards her and bended to pick up the remaining papers, Ji Eun didn’t mind and let Myungsoo do the picking.
When he finally finished, he straightened himself and to his surprise, it was the girl that he always sees in distress.

“Oh you again,” He said, handing the papers to Ji Eun.

She wrinkled her brow and gave him a questioning look.

“You don’t remember me?” He asked with a playful smirk.

Ji Eun quietly shook her head.

“I was the one who accompanied you to the Clinic.” He explained and when Ji Eun finally recalled it, she widened her eyes and gave him a smile. “Ahh I do remember you.”

He gave her a nod and looked at the papers on her hands. “Where are you going?”

“Admission’s office,” She replied.

“Want me to accompany you again?” He asked and gave a grin.

To his disappointment, Ji Eun shook her head, telling that she knows where the office is.

“I’m Myungsoo by the way.” He stated with a smile and reached out his hand.

Ji Eun wrapped her left arm on the papers and her right hand shook his hand. “I’m Ji Eun.”

He nodded and bade his goodbye with a salute and turned around.

Ji Eun, who’s remembering something, fished out the folded paper inside her pocket and read the sixth one. She widened her eyes and mentally cursed herself for forgetting it.
She quickly turned around and saw him not that far away.

“Myungsoo!” She shouted and Myungsoo, hearing his name, spun around.

“Thank you!” She said and waved her a hand.

He gave her a nod and went back to his room. It made him chuckle that for the first time, he heard her ‘thank you’.

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun and Suzy were settled on the bench of the waiting area while waiting for Soo Ri to arrive.

“So have you apologized to Chohee already?” She asked.

Ji Eun gave her a shrug. “I didn’t see her today.”

“Oh…anyway, I feel sorry for Chanyeol.” Suzy said, starting another conversation.

“Yeah me too,” Ji Eun replied. “When a couple broke up, how will they feel well?”

Suzy shrugged. “I don’t know. I’ve never been into relationships.”

Ji Eun tapped her chin using her fingers. “Ahh I know!”

Suzy gave her a questioning look.

“Why don’t we buy him an ice cream just like what you two did to me when I was sad?” She explained and Suzy scrunched her nose.

“I don’t think a broken heart will be cured by an ice cream.” She replied.

“Who knows…” Ji Eun said. “Let’s just make him happy today.”

Suzy chuckled and high fived Ji Eun.

When the two of them went inside the car, Suzy requested Soo Ri if they could stop by at a convenient store to buy some ice creams and chips and to their relief, Soo Ri agreed.

The sun was already setting when the three of them went inside the house. Soo Ri went to her room to do some papers for her work while the two girls quickly changed their clothes.

Chanyeol went downstairs to drink some water when he saw Suzy and Ji Eun taking out some junk foods from a plastic bag. He just shrugged and walked pass them and went towards the refrigerator.

Ji Eun nudged Suzy, signaling that Chanyeol was already there. Since Ji Eun doesn’t know how to start a conversation or whatsoever, Suzy did the job. “Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol was about to drink when Suzy called him. He gave her a grumpy look and went back to his glass of water.

“Want to have a movie marathon?” She asked with hopes that he won’t find it trite and will quickly agree but sadly, Chanyeol did the opposite.

“Boring, I’m not in the mood.”

Ji Eun was quietly playing with the chips while her ears were listening, hoping that Suzy will win.

“How about let’s have a picnic?” Suzy questioned.

He shook his head, rinsing the glass on the sink.

Suzy clicked her tongue. “Uhh do you want to eat some chips?”

He didn’t respond, meaning to say no.

“How about some ice creams?” She asked, completely tired because it seems like she’s just talking to a lifeless wall.

“I don’t want to.” He boringly replied and was about to leave when Ji Eun, who’s being pissed off, held his left arm.

“Hey look, you’re broken, miserable and depressed. You need to eat an ice cream.” She said, giving an exaggerated tone when she said the three adjectives which made Chanyeol flinch.

He glared at her and shrugged her hand away from him. “You think an ice cream will be the magic glue that will miraculously heal my brokenness? I don’t think so.”

Ji Eun was about to open but then she realized, he has a point but however, she still made a respond. “Well yeah you’re right but ice cream can shoo away a person’s sadness.”

He huffed in disbelief, while Suzy was just staring at the two, praying that Ji Eun will win the battle.

“What makes you say that?” Chanyeol asked as he crossed his arms on his chest.

Ji Eun let out a playful smirk. “Remember what you two did to me when I was sad? You guys gave me an ice cream and to be honest, it enlightened my mood.”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Well we’re completely different. I’m not a kind of boy who will easily find happiness in those kinds of things while you, on the other hand, are kind of childish.”

Suzy puffed her cheeks and shouted at Chanyeol. “Chanyeol! We’re doing this for your own good okay? Why don’t you just get along and try to be happy even just for a day?”

Well, Suzy has a point and Chanyeol was being bored to death for being stuck in the house so he gave it a try. “Ugh okay…movie marathon?”

Success was quickly basked on the two girls’ faces and Suzy clasped her hands together. “Okay! Let’s watch…uhh…Iron Man two?”

Chanyeol gave a shrug. “I already watched it. How about Thor?”

Suzy held up her thumbs. “Okay! I saved it in my USB.”

 

~:~

 

After a few minutes, the three were at the living room. Ji Eun occupied the long couch while both Suzy and Chanyeol put a blanket on the floor.

Suzy was setting the movie up while Chanyeol was sitting at the blue blanket, hugging his knees.

Ji Eun was at the kitchen, gathering all the chips to be eaten.

After a minute of setting up, they were finally settled on their places.

Ji Eun was watching in anticipation and was somehow getting paranoid, doubting if there was really a place called ‘Asgard’ even though she remembered that Suzy told her that it was just for entertainment, it seems real.

“Glittering dewdrops! What’s that?” Ji Eun exclaimed, pointing at the rainbow bridge.

Chanyeol just ignored her, continuing to focus on the movie and let Suzy do the talking.

“It’s the Bifrost Bridge, the one that connects our world to their world.” Suzy replied, not even looking at Ji Eun since she’s busy watching too.

“You think my world has a bridge too that con—Oh I mean…is it real?” Ji Eun asked and bit her lower lip. That was close.

Suzy and Chanyeol wrinkled their brow.

“Of course not…It’s just a movie.” Suzy responded.

“But how do they do that? I mean, if it isn’t real, how come it can fool our eyes?” Ji Eun asked, completely paranoid.

Chanyeol scratched his head. “Ji Eun, keep quiet. We’re watching.”

Ji Eun pouted and laid herself on the couch and before she even knew it, she drifted off to a nap.

After an hour, Suzy and Chanyeol stood up and do some stretching.

“Looks like Ji Eun didn’t enjoy the movie.” Suzy said, folding the blanket.

Chanyeol looked at Ji Eun who’s serenely sleeping on the couch. He just shrugged. “Maybe she found it boring.”

Suzy picked up the wrappers while Chanyeol picked the glasses on the center table. Together, they went to the kitchen.

Chanyeol was washing the dishes when Suzy drank a glass of water.

It was quiet and Suzy clicked her tongue. “Chanyeol…”

“Mmm?” Chanyeol murmured as he rinsed the white plate.

“Don’t you notice something weird to Ji Eun?” She asked, leaning against the refrigerator.

He just shrugged. “Well yeah sometimes but I think she’s just childish.”

“No…I mean, remember what she’s blabbering when we’re watching?”

“Huh?”

“She was asking if Thor was real and then she mentioned something about…her world.” Suzy whispered.

Chanyeol rinsed the last glass and gave a shrug. “I don’t know…”

“Look, remember what she acted a few weeks ago? She was surprised when she tasted a steak and then she went here wearing a grand gown without even bringing some clothes.” Suzy said, trying to recall the things that happened about Ji eun.

Hearing her words, Chanyeol turned off the faucet and gazed at Suzy, thinking that she has a point.

“Well…yeah. I also remember the time when she accidentally the T.V.” Chanyeol mentioned.

“Ahh…this is weird.” Suzy sighed, scratching her head and left the kitchen.

Chanyeol was left in the room while his arms were crossed on his chest.

Something’s going on and he needs to observe.