Crumpled feelings

The Peculiar Girl

Chanyeol pursed his lips. He knew there’s something wrong.

He was getting something to drink when he saw some figures in the garden and decided to approach them since he knew that it was Soo Ri. He was about to open his mouth and greet her when his ears perked up when he heard their conversation.

He quickly went back inside the house, scolding himself for eavesdropping.

His mind was in jeopardy…he wants to tell it to Suzy but sadly, she’s still not home since she’s probably enjoying her time in her friend’s house.

His fingers tapped his knees in an uncomfortable way as he looked blankly at the other couch while his mind was floating somewhere in an abyss he created.

Well, he knew that there’s something odd to Ji Eun but he didn’t even thought that Ji Eun girl is not ordinary. He was thinking if he heard it right. He heard Soo Ri saying something about her world. Well, he could have at least think that Soo Ri is just using a sentence with a touch of metaphor or hyperbole but when she mentioned something about Fantasia, he knew that she’s really referring to an another ‘world.’

He doesn’t want to believe it because it just seems so childish and impossible but as he tried to recall the past events, when Ji Eun tasted the Steak, when she was amused in seeing a shower, when she accidentally the TV, when they watched Thor, when she washed the dishes together with Suzy, when she ate a lollipop and when she asked for his help to buy something in the cafeteria…and how her mood will easily lighten up just by simple things like an ice cream.

He ruffled his hair in complete confusion.

That just seems impossible…isn’t it?

His thoughts quickly drifted away when he heard some foot steps and realized that it was Soo Ri and Ji Eun.

“Hello Chanyeol,” Soo Ri greeted while Ji Eun quickly went upstairs.

He cleared his throat. “H-hey…”

Soo Ri sensed his weird action. “Is there something wrong?”

Chanyeol widened his eyes and clasped the back of his neck with his hands. “W-what? Oh we—there’s nothing wrong.”

Hearing his stuttering statement, she hesitantly nodded. “Okay then…I’ll just go upstairs and change my clothes.”

He glanced at Soo Ri until she disappeared from his sight.

Chanyeol nervously heaved his shoulders and blew a raspberry.

He deserves an explanation.

 

~:~

 

“Mom…” Chanyeol murmured as he knocked at the door of Soo Ri’s room.

It took a while for her to open it. “What’s the matter?”

He cleared his throat and pushed himself inside her room and quickly shut the door close, bewildering Soo Ri. “Chanyeol, what’re you doing?”

He exhaled deeply and held his mom’s arms. “Mom, I want you to be honest with me.”

Soo Ri wrinkled her brow. “What are you talking about?”

Chanyeol bit his lower lip, thinking how will he say it to his mom. “Uhh…W-what’s this about F-Fanta..sia?”

Hearing his words, Soo Ri shrugged away from Chanyeol as her heart nervously beat. She managed to make a respond and it seems like there were invisible beads of sweat rolling on her forehead. “Huh?”

Chanyeol crossed his arms on his chest and gave her a stern look. “Mom, don’t be so clueless. I heard you and Ji Eun talking something about her world and something about Fantasia.”

Soo Ri inhaled deeply and perked herself on the edge of her bed. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He huffed in disbelief. “Mom, I told you to be honest. I know what I heard. I can tell that I’m not hallucinating or something.”

Soo Ri stayed quiet and didn’t take a time to give him a reply.

Chanyeol shook his head. “Suzy and I need an explanation mom.”

He sighed and heaved his shoulders and went out of her room.

As soon as he closed the door, he saw Ji Eun who just got out from the bathroom. “Oh hey Chanyeol.”

He just rolled his eyes and walked pass her, making Ji Eun frown in disbelief. *What’s the matter with him?*

Ji Eun was about to enter her room when Soo Ri opened the door.

“Hi Aun—“

Soo Ri quickly grabbed her and lead her inside.

“What’s the matter?” Ji Eun surprisingly asked.

Soo Ri sighed. “We need to tell them.”

“Tell them what?” Ji Eun asked, completely clueless at what she’s talking about.

Heaving her shoulders, Soo Ri massaged her forehead. “Tell them why you’re here in this world.”

Ji Eun widened her eyes. “But you told me that they shouldn’t kn—“

“They’re completely doubting…I think they should know it.” Soo Ri replied in a frustrated tone.

Hearing her words, Ji Eun sighed. “Alright then…If that’s what you want.”

The two looked at each other for a long time and nodded.

 

~:~

 

Suzy opened the door, humming a cheerful tone and removed her shoes. There was no one in the living room so she went straight to the kitchen and saw the three of them seated around the dining table.

“Oh hey Ji Eun. I finally ha—“

“Take a seat Suzy.” Chanyeol said with a stern voice.

She furrowed her brow and slowly took a seat beside Ji Eun. “I-is there something wrong?”

Soo Ri inhaled deeply as she nervously tried to explain. “I need to tell you something.”

Suzy gave her a questioning look and saw Chanyeol with a serious face. She sensed that there’s something going on. “Tell us what?”

“Ji Eun…is…not…” Soo Ri heaved her shoulders and she almost swore that there were beads of sweat rolling on her head even though the temperature is kind of chilly. “…from this world.”

Hearing her mom’s weird statement, she wrinkled her brow. “Okaaaaay…what’re you talking about?”

Ji Eun sighed in defeat. “I’m not from this world. I’m from Fantasia.”

Chanyeol clicked his tongue and frustratingly scrunched his forehead. He’s seriously getting paranoia about the weird atmosphere that surrounds the four of them.

Suzy, on the other hand, let out a chuckle, making the others looked at her in disbelief. “Okay, you’re funny.”

She continued to chuckle when she realized that the three of them are looking at her with seriousness, making her slowly shrink back in her seat. “Right…you guys are serious.”

Soo Ri cleared . “I’m assigned to be her guardian while Ji Eun is here in our world.”

“A G-guardian?” Suzy asked naively. What kind of a conversation is this?!

Chanyeol grunted and averted his gaze to Soo Ri. “Okay that’s kind of unbelievable but why is she here?”

“She was banished from her kingdom and they sent her here to learn.” Soo Ri explained, hoping the two will get her explanation.

Suzy looked at her mom with an unreadable face of confusion. “Okaaay?”

Chanyeol sighed, what his mom is telling is a work of fiction but the way she explained it radiated truthfulness and he knew that she’s not lying. All he’s got to do is to try to process what she’s saying and believe. “Wait…why was she banished?”

“It’s because I’m…b-bad.” Ji Eun said with a hint of uncomfortable tone. It seems like she’s embarrassed to tell them that she’s a lousy woman than to be proud.

“I don’t get it.” Chanyeol said and crossed his arms on his chest.

Soo Ri sighed. “She’s here to learn how to have a good character. And now that you guys know the purpose why she’s here, I want you to help her.”

Suzy hesitantly nodded her head, trying to swallow what her mom said even though it’s completely unbelievable.

Chanyeol sighed and stood up from his seat. “Okay, I need to sleep.”

He left the kitchen and went straight to his room while the three girls just sat there with complete awkwardness and silence.

Suzy clasped her hands together. “Great, bedtime stories are over.”

Soo Ri shot her a glare. “Suzy, what I said is true. Please try to comprehend it.”

“Of course I believe you. I’m trying to be funny.”

Soo Ri smiled and gestured the two of them to sleep.

 

~:~

 

“Ji Eun?” Suzy murmured as she looked at Ji Eun whose back is facing her.

Ji Eun stirred and returned her gaze to Suzy. “Mm?”

“Is that why you don’t know what is a television?” She asked.

Ji Eun shyly nodded, making Suzy chuckle. “What’s the name of your world again?”

“Fantasia…” Ji Eun replied.

“Oh that’s cool. What does it look like?” She asked, completely curious.

Ji Eun smiled and tried to recall her beloved world. “It was beautiful. But…the villagers there hate me.”

Suzy wrinkled her brow. “Eh? Why?”

“It’s because they don’t like my attitude.” Ji Eun said with a sigh.

Hearing her words, Suzy pouted. “But you’re nice…”

Ji Eun just shrugged. “I don’t know…”

Remembering something, Suzy quickly spun around and get the plastic bag rested on the edge of her bed. “Oh by the way, I finally bought a chocolate.”

Ji Eun widened her eyes and quickly averted her gaze to what Suzy’s holding. “Let me see…”

It was just a small box and her eyes glimmered when she opened it. “Pixie dusts! This is beautiful…thank you so much.”

Suzy just shrugged as if it was just nothing. “Nah it’s okay. Good luck with your confe—wait a minute…Does Luhan know about you know…uhh Fantasia?”

Hearing her words, Ji Eun stopped from her tracks. “Oh…uhh…I don’t think so.”

Suzy nodded and went back to her bed. “Oh well I need to sleep now. Good night.”

Ji Eun put the box of chocolate on top of her side table. She then, wrapped her arms around her knees as she looked at the night sky through the windows. She hasn’t thought about that…Luhan doesn’t have an idea about who she is. She knew that there will be a time that she’ll come back to her world but how about Luhan? She sighed and mentally cursed herself for being easily drowned by her feelings. Ji Eun slowly moved her hand to her chest and felt the thumping of her heart.

She clicked her tongue and buried her face on the pillow. She wants to confess because she knew what she feels towards him.

“I’ll do it.” She murmured not even bothering to think about the future that lies ahead. All she knew is that she’s completely sure about what she’s feeling…is she?

 

~:~

 

By the time Tuesday rolled in, Ji Eun uncomfortable settled herself on the bench in the garden with a nervous beating heart. She cursed herself for being too shy yesterday to confess to him that’s why today, she’s determined.

She cleared as she waits for Luhan to arrive. She knew that he always comes here at the garden. Her instincts were right…because after a minute of nervously nibbling her fingers, Luhan arrived and her heart beat loudly than before making her even wonder if he hears it.

“Hey Ji Eun.” Luhan greeted with a smile and took a seat beside her while holding a bottled water.

Ji Eun cleared and managed to smile despite her nervousness. “H-hey Luhan.”

“How’re you? I haven’t seen you in a while.” He asked as he opened the bottle.

“I’m alright…How about you?”

Luhan took a sip from the bottle and just shrugged. “I’m still the same.”

She chuckled and  let silence conquer the two of them as she tightened her grip around the small paper bag which contains her love for him and Luhan doesn’t even have an idea.

Ji Eun’s mind was in jeopardy and she still doesn’t know what to say.

“Ahh Special Exam is near.” Luhan said out of the blue, trying to break the ice.

“Y-yeah…did you study?” She asked, slowly feeling the tension inside her making her fan herself using her hand.

He nodded. “Yeah of course. How about you?”

Ji Eun vehemently nodded. “Yeah…with the help of Chanyeol.”

Luhan looked at the grassy ground and bit his lower lip. “He’s smart huh?”

Ji Eun shrugged. “Well yeah sort of but he’s kind of impatient when it comes to reviewing Trigonometry.”

He let out a small laugh and shook his head. “How is he by the way?”

“I don’t know…sometimes arrogant…sometimes funny…” Ji Eun replied and puffed her cheeks. She knew that this is a good conversation that will help her lead to her confession.

“The two of you are close?” He asked.

Ji Eun just shrugged. “I don’t have an idea.”

Luhan nodded and didn’t take a time to reply and Ji Eun knew that it’s time.

“Luhan…” She murmured as she tightened her grip around the paper bag.

He gave her a questioning look, making Ji Eun cleared .

She then, slowly gave the paper bag to him, making him wrinkled his brow. “What’s this?”

“I-it’s for you…” She murmured and tried to plaster a smile despite of her nervousness.

Finally having a hint of what she’s doing, Luhan uncomfortably get the bag from her hand. “Oh…”

Ji Eun inhaled deeply and shut her eyes. “I like you…”

Hearing her words, Luhan suddenly stiffed and didn’t reply, making Ji Eun open her eyes. She saw Luhan who’s just staring at the paper bag. She mentally smacked herself for not even thinking what will happen after confessing.

What will she say next?

What will she do after giving him the bag?

Ji Eun suddenly wants to run away and hide in her own shell. This is the first time that she felt so nervous and it made her sick to the stomach.

“So…” She murmured.

Luhan cleared his throat. “I…I’ll think about it.”

Ji Eun was about to reply when the bell finally rang and Luhan quickly stood up from his seat. “I need to go. Bye…”

“Wai—“

Before Ji Eun could say a word, Luhan quickly disappeared from her sight, making her frown. Does it mean he likes her too? Does it mean she succeeded?

“Argh!!!!” Ji Eun shouted and pulled her hair in frustration. She cursed herself for being so naïve when it comes to love. She had no idea what just happened. Does it mean he’s now her prince?

If only Juniel will be there and tell her the things she needs to do.

But then she remembered that Luhan accepted the bag. Does it mean yes?

A wide grin emerged on her face and she felt the burning of her cheeks.

*I did it.*

 

~:~

 

Luhan quickly walked through the hallway with a serious face. There are only a few students left outside since some classes are already starting. He heaved his shoulders and opened the bag, seeing a small card. He read the words for a while and after that, he sighed.

When he finally reached his classroom, some of his classmates were chattering since their teacher is still not there. He frustratingly took a seat on his chair and buried his face on his arms.

Chanyeol, who’s seated at the corner, in line with Luhan, was reading a book and saw Luhan who seems like tired.

Luhan opened the card again and read it for the nth time. After that, he sighed deeply and crumpled the piece of paper and put it inside his pocket and then shoved the paper bag beside his chair. *So...she's just like everyone else.*

Seeing his actions, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and mentally curse himself for looking at Luhan and decided to focus his attention back at the book he’s reading.

Just like that…

The paper which contained Ji Eun’s feelings was crumpled.

The words that she found after having a hard time thinking were just crumpled inside his pocket.

The paper that has the words inside her heart was thrown just like that.

Just like a dust being swept away by a broom.


 

Hello TPG reader! I have a story to tell...

A girl named
 FindingSunshine wished upon a star. It is the second star to the right where Neverland exists. She said that she wants her story to be upvoted and clasped her hands together. Wishing that a fairy will hear her.
And then a wonderful creature named...

you heard her. Will you make her wish come true?  

Then click here and click the upvote arrow. Kansahamnida! God bless you...

(Dancing Daffodils...what a lovely story....*sniffs*)

Yours truly,

FindingSunshine