A girl's admiration

The Peculiar Girl

It’s been a week already and Chanyeol continued to review with Ji Eun whenever they went home and there were also times when Suzy will join the both of them.

What Chanyeol hated the most is whenever they study Trigonometry because Ji Eun is so clueless and impractical when it comes to variables and numbers. He swore that Ji Eun is more afraid to Trigonometry than ghosts or the monsters beneath the bed.

There was one time when they studied and Ji Eun can’t sleep and it seems like she’s been haunted.

Well, Ji Eun was good to remember their discussions, but it takes time for her to remember when it comes to the subject that starts with the letter ‘T’. Ahh…very frustrating.

 

~:~

 

It was a typical break time in school when Ji Eun settled herself on one of the tables and waited for Suzy while quietly fiddling her fingers on the wooden table. It was the first time that Soo Ri didn’t give them bento boxes and gave them some money instead. Well she knows how to use it but she’d never try to buy something in the cafeteria since she’s used to bringing foods that are made by Soo Ri.

She heard her tummy growl for food and she ignored it. “What takes her so long?” She muttered and pouted.

Ji Eun puffed her cheeks and rested her chin on her hands when she saw Chanyeol walking towards the counter.

Her eyes glimmered with hope and she quickly walked towards him.

He was getting a tray when someone nudged his shoulders. Chanyeol looked beside him and realized that it was Ji Eun. “What?”

“Uhh…will you help me?” She asked and bit her lower lip.

He wrinkled his brow and gave her a questioning look.

“You know…it’s my first time to buy here in the Cafeteria.” She said and let out an awkward laugh.

Chanyeol huffed in disbelief. “Ugh you still need my help just to buy something to eat? What’s next? Help you go to the comfort room?”

She scrunched her nose. “Oh please you’re overreacting. I just need you to guide me.”

He rolled his eyes and gave a tray to her before lining up together, letting Ji Eun ahead of him.

“Haven’t you bought something before?” He suspiciously asked.

She just ignored him. In fact, she knows how to buy but buying here in this foreign world is unusual.

When it’s finally their turn, Chanyeol nudged her shoulders. “So what do you want?”

Ji Eun tapped her chin. “Ahh too many. How about you?”

He just shrugged. “A burger and a soda.”

“Well I guess I’ll buy a burger and a soda too.”

“yeah yeah” He blatantly said and ordered two burgers.

“Your money?” He asked Ji Eun.

“Oh right…” Ji Eun murmured and fished out some money from her pocket. “There you go,”

When their orders are finally done, the lady gave Chanyeol the exchange and the both of them went out of the line. He gave the other burger and soda to Ji Eun.

“Here…uhh…you wouldn’t mind if I take your exchange right?” Chanyeol bashfully asked.

She shook her head and studied the food on her tray. “Not at all…”

A playful grin appeared on his face. “Thanks, well I need to be paid too since I’m kinda like your tutor.”

Ji Eun just ignored his boring explanation and saw Suzy waving at her.

“Okay, Suzy’s here now. Farewell…” Ji Eun said.

Before she could walk away, Chanyeol grabbed her arm. “I’ll see you at the library after school. We need to study. Remind Suzy too so she can review with us.”

Ji Eun gave her a nod and Chanyeol went to his own circle of friends.

She quickly took a seat across Suzy and her two usual friends were there.

“Aww too bad…mom didn’t prepare some food for us.” Suzy pouted and took a bite from her fries.

Ji Eun nodded in agreement. “Well she said she’s busy.”

The three girls conversed while Ji Eun stayed quiet and looked at the burger.

When she finally took a bite, her eyes widened and she almost swore that her tongue danced in anticipation. “This is good…” She murmured and took another large bite.

Suzy was so caught up with her friends that she didn’t notice Ji Eun’s expression so she just shrugged and continued to talk with them.

“Suzy, Chanyeol said we’ll study at the library today.” Ji Eun said after finishing her burger.

She gave Ji Eun thumbs up. “Alright!”

 

~:~

 

The bell finally rang and a lot of students got up from their seats and started to crowd the corridors as they went to their desired classrooms.

Ji Eun didn’t get to drink so she just grabbed the unopened soda and made her way through the corridors after biding her goodbye to Suzy and her friends.

“My oh my dandelions…I’m thirsty.” Ji Eun huffed in disbelief as she looked at the weird soda can.

She muttered under her breath. “How am I supposed to drin—oompfh“

Just before she could finish her sentence, she accidentally bumped at someone. “Woah…”

She realized that it was the guy she just met a week ago. “Oh hey Myu…Myus—“

“Myungsoo,” He finished and gave her a wink.

“Righhhht…Myungsoo.” Ji Eun murmured and looked at the Soda again.
An idea popped in her mind and she gave an adorable face at Myungsoo. “Uhh…how will I drink this?”

Myungsoo wrinkled his brow. “Oh...well…you should open it first.”

Not getting his explanation, she handed it to him and gestured him to open it.

He decided to stop himself for making a weird look and opened it. “There you go.”

“Awesome,” Ji Eun said since he opened it in an unusual way.

She quickly grabbed it from him and she didn’t have to fish out the paper from her pocket anymore to read the sixth one since she already remembered it. “Thank you,”

Myungsoo smiled and gave her a salute. “No problem…”

She happily walked pass him and took a sip from the soda. The taste was unusual and peculiar but it burst in in an excited way. “Delectable…”

Ji Eun continued to drink it as she reached her classroom and Myungsoo saw her outburst.

“Well that was…cute.” He murmured and went towards his classroom.

 

~:~

 

It was finally dismissal time when Ji Eun and Suzy made their way through the hallway.

“So where’s the library?” She asked, looking at Suzy.

“Well, it’s in the other building.” Suzy replied and saw three girls stopping in front of the Senior Section A’s locker. They were somehow doing something and it made Ji Eun stopped from her tracks.

“What’re they doing?” Ji Eun asked.

Suzy looked at where Ji Eun’s eyes were and saw girls sliding some envelopes inside a locker.

She chuckled. “Looks like they’re confessing their love….”

Ji Eun gave Suzy a questioning look. “Eh? What do you mean?”

“Well, some girls write a love letter for their crush and then they’ll put it inside their crush’s locker or give it to them in person. Well, there are some that give cupcakes and other stuffs.” Suzy explained and was about to walk when Ji Eun grabbed her arm. “How will they know if their crush likes them too?”

Suzy shrugged. “Oh…the guy will tell the girl that he wants to go out with her. I don’t know. That’s my only idea.”

The three girls quickly ran away as soon as they put the envelope inside their locker.

“Wait a minute…” Ji Eun said and took some steps towards the locker and Suzy followed behind.

Her eyes suddenly widened when she read the name plate on the locker. “Luhan?!”

Suzy looked at the plate and nodded. “Yeah, well I think the three girls a while ago like him.”

Ji Eun could almost feel her blood boiling as it run through her veins. “Preposterous! They shouldn’t like hi—“

“Shh!” Suzy said and grabbed Ji Eun’s arms, dragging her to the library.

“What’s wrong with you back there?” Suzy asked as they took their steps.

Ji Eun huffed in disbelief. “Do you think Luhan will accept those letters?”

Suzy shrugged. “I don’t think so…”

Ji Eun’s eyes joyfully widened. “Really?”

“Well it’s just that, he studied here when he was a sophomore and then transferred to another school when he was a junior and now, he came back here.”

Ji eun furrowed her brows. “What does it have to do with the confession?”

Suzy sighed and heaved her shoulders as she tightened her grip around the strap of her brown knapsack.

“Well he has a girlfriend when he was a sophomore but they broke up when he transferred to another school.”

Ji Eun’s face fell as she heard Suzy’s explanation. “Pathetic…maybe that girl doesn’t like him. Well, I’ll be the one who’ll give him a happy ever after.”

Suzy grimaced at her statement. “Wait you mean...you like Luhan?”

Ji Eun bashfully nodded.

Suzy widened her eyes. “Wait what? Why him? Can’t you see that he and Chanyeol are not in good ter—“

“Oh we’re here!” Ji Eun exclaimed as they took a step inside the place where books live. (Aahhh…a heaven-like place)

They were scanning the bookshelves when Ji Eun decided to make another conversation again. “Suzy…you said that Luhan has a girlfriend before right?”

Suzy nodded as a response and took out a History book from the shelf.

“Who is she?” Ji Eun asked.

Suzy uncomfortably looked at her as if bringing that question will kill her. “Well it’s kind of confidential since it’s in the past now.”

Ji Eun pouted. “So what? Just tell me...okay we’ll be quiet.”

Suzy sighed and nodded, whispering something to Ji Eun but however, Ji Eun didn’t clearly hear her. “What?”

“Aigoo…it—“

“Suzy!”

The both of them spun around and saw Hana walking towards them.

“Eish. Be quiet, we’re in the library.” Suzy said and quietly scolded Hana.

Hana awkwardly laughed and apologized.

“Hello Hana” Ji Eun greeted.

Hana greeted her back. “Hi Ji Eun…”

“So want to study with us?” Hana asked Suzy.

“Sorry but I’m supposed to study with her and Chanyeol.” Suzy responded.

“It’s okay, you can study with her if you want.” Ji Eun said and gave Suzy a smile.

“Really?”

Ji Eun nodded and gestured the two of them to go now.

“Thank you!” Suzy said and she and Hana quickly made their way towards one of the library tables.

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun settled herself on one of the empty tables after realizing that Chanyeol is still not there so she decided to wait for him. She propped her elbows on the table and cupped her chin by her hands as her thoughts leisurely drifted to the conversation of her and Suzy. She has now come to the conclusion that Luhan already had a girlfriend but Ji Eun doesn’t need to worry because she knew that he ‘had’. It was now a past tense. And it made her think that Luhan and Chanyeol are actually the same when it comes to relationships because Minah and Chanyeol broke up while Luhan and her i-don’t-know-her-name-girlfriend broke up too.

Ji Eun remembered that Chanyeol was so wrecked that time so it made her wonder if Luhan cried like Chanyeol did. But she found it unbelievable because she can’t even imagine Luhan’s face if he's depressed or crestfallen because every time she sees him, he always radiates happiness.

She huffed in disbelief, thinking that the world she’s in is very complicated when it comes to love because in Fantasia, there is no such thing as ‘broke-up’ because based on her observation to the couples in Fantasia, love was given sincerely.

Ji Eun just shrugged the thought away since she remembered that she still hasn’t encountered love when she was in Fantasia but in this world, she saw Luhan and she absolutely felt something in her heart…*is this love then?*

While thinking about Luhan, her thoughts drifted to the ‘love confession’ that Suzy told her. She has to admit that it made her angry when she realized that those three girls confessed to Luhan and she really wants to be invisible and go get those envelopes and rip them off.

But she knew that if she did that, it is somehow rude and selfish and it won’t help her get back in Fantasia.

Besides, Suzy told her that Luhan won’t accept those. But what if she gave a letter to Luhan…will he accept it?

She clasped her hands together. Maybe she really needs to confess? She could almost hear her heart beating loudly against her rib cage.

“Hey Ji Eun,”

She spun around and saw Luhan.

She became nervous as if her thoughts were heard by Luhan but of course, he didn’t.

“Oh H-hello L-luhan…” She stuttered, clearing .

“Reviewing?” He asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I’m just waiting for someone.”

“Mind if I’ll take a seat then?” He requested and to his relief, Ji Eun agreed. I mean duhh, how could she say no?

Luhan started to read something when Ji Eun excused herself to get a book to read since boredom is slowly swallowing her. She scanned the shelves while puffing her cheeks. Ji Eun didn’t know what to pick when she found herself standing in front of the kids section in the library.

A book caught her eye. ‘Little Red Riding Hood’

Her lips curled up into a smile and she quickly grabbed it and went back to the table.

Luhan continued to focus his attention on his textbook while Ji Eun started to read it. It was just a story book with few pages.

“Luhan?”

Hearing his name, he gave Ji Eun a questioning look.

“Do you know the story of Little Red Riding Hood?” Ji Eun asked.

He nodded. “Yeah of course”

“Ahh…you know, the wolf’s real name is Mr. Wong and I actually know him. There are times when I will help him ruin the day of that girl but we always fail.” Ji Eun said, unaware that what she’s saying is confidential but deep inside, she has a feeling that Luhan is a kind of person who’s trustworthy.

Hearing her words, Luhan wrinkled his brow. “Oh…you…know the wolf?”

She smiled and nodded. “Yeah, we’re kind of friends in Fantasia.”

Luhan didn’t get what she’s saying so he just scrunched his nose. “Fantasia?”

Ji Eun cleared . “Oh…nothing. Just forget it.”

He closed his book and chuckled. “You know, you really remind me of someone.”

“That’s what you told me weeks ago when we were at the garden.” Ji Eun said.

He nodded at her words. “Yeah, and now, you reminded me of her again.”

She cleared and smiled. “Her? You mean she’s a girl?”

“Yeah,”

“Who is she then?” Ji Eun curiously asked.

He smiled. “My young sister…”

“Oh…really?”

“Yeah, she’s like you. She likes fairytales and will tell me that Tinker Bell is her best friend.” He said but his smile was slowly fading.

“Tinker Bell? I know her too.” Ji Eun said and somehow, she wants to meet his sister.

Luhan kept quiet and it seems like there’s something bothering him. Ji Eun tried to steal some glances and somehow, she realized that there was something wretched and unhappy to Luhan just beneath the surface.

Breaking the silence, Ji Eun started another conversation. “Luhan, uhh…are you aware that there are girls putting letters in your locker?”

He sighed. “Yeah, sometimes but not always,”

“I see…” Ji Eun murmured. “Is it okay with you if I g—“

“There you are…”

The both of them spun around and saw Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked at Ji Eun and his eyes slowly averted to Luhan.

Luhan cleared his throat and grabbed his book. “Well, I need to go. See you around Ji Eun.”

Ji Eun gave him a smile and bid her farewell.

Just as soon as Luhan disappeared, Chanyeol took a seat across her and realized that Ji Eun was glaring at him. “What?”

“Your timing is just great.” She sneered.

“You timing is just great…” Chanyeol mocked. “Why? You’re busy flirting with your prince?”

Ji Eun crossed her arms on her chest. “You just ruined my moment.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Whatever…go get your notebook. Let’s review in History.”

She grumpily opened her bag and fished out her History book together with her notebook and pen. She was mentally cursing Chanyeol but somehow, she realized, what he did a while ago is what she does in Fantasia. She ruins the happy moments of the characters there and for the first time, she cursed herself for being a villain. No wonder why a lot of villagers hate her.

 

~:~

 

By the time the dark sky rolled in and stars showed up, Suzy and Ji Eun we’re lazily lying on their bed.

“Suzy…” Ji Eun murmured as she looked blankly at the ceiling.

Suzy gazed at her. “Yeah?”

“Is it okay if I give a letter to Luhan?” She asked and sat up on her bed.

“Well yeah if you have the courage. You like him anyway.” Suzy said and looked at Ji Eun who’s getting a pen and a paper from her bag.

“You’re really going to confess?” Suzy surprisingly asked.

Ji Eun nodded. “Yeah…I want to.”

Suzy chuckled. “I envy you. You’re full of confidence.”

Ji Eun just smiled and looked at Suzy. “Why? Haven’t you confessed before?”

“Well…no.” Suzy responded.

Ji Eun rested the paper on her lap. “Why?”

“I’m not brave like you.” Suzy said and pouted.

“Oh so you like someone?” Ji Eun asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Suzy pursed her lips and stared at the ceiling. “Yeah…”

Ji Eun widened her eyes. “Who?”

“He’s a senior like you.” Suzy said and smiled.

“Really? Is he my classmate?” Ji Eun asked in anticipation.

To her disappointment, Suzy shook her head. “Ahh…forget it. I need to sleep now. Good night Ji Eun.”

“Good night.” Ji Eun replied and fixed her attention to the blank paper resting on her lap.

“Now what shall I write…” Ji Eun murmured and decided to settle herself at her study table.

 

~:~

 

After an hour, Ji Eun huffed in disbelief and cursed herself for not having an idea what to write.

A lot of crumpled papers are on the table and she ruffled her hair.

 

I am Belle and you are the Beast.

 

She growled and crumpled the paper. “I can’t write that! Luhan is handsome.”

Ji Eun inhaled deeply and looked at another blank paper.

 

You’re Peter Pan while I’m Wendy.

 

Realizing what she wrote, she smacked herself and crumpled the paper again, tossing it to the trash can beside her study table.

She looked at the ticking clock, telling herself that she really needs to write something.

After a minute of whining, an idea popped in her head and clasped her hands together.

“I know!”

 

You’re my prince…can I be your princess?

I like you…

 

“I guess that’s enough.” She murmured, thinking that she still needs to give him something instead of a card. She looked at Suzy who’s sleeping and told herself that she’ll ask for Suzy’s help tomorrow.

Ji Eun proceeded to design her simple card with hopes that she’ll finally have a happily ever after just like her sister.

Luhan will accept it anyway…right?


 

Hello wonderful TPG readers! (See what I did there? The Peculiar Girl)

I hope you like this new chapter. I tried to make it long...is it long? Because I'm not sure if I'll be able to update tomorrow because I have a band rehearsal.
But don't worry, I'm still not sure anyway. Okay, I gotta admit that this chapter is funny. Ji Eun is so naive^^
I love your comments by the way. :) 


Have fun reading! 

DFTBA

Yours with a sprinkle of pixie dusts,
FindingSunshine