Rising of Doubts

The Peculiar Girl

Ji Eun was writing something on her notebook about the things that she learned when she and Chanyeol talked that night.

It was their free time so they can do whatever they want. Myungsoo's seat was empty since he decided to go out so Jinri occupied it.

"Hey there Ji Eun."

The girl gave her a nod. "Hello,"

"What're you doing?" Jinri asked and tried to take a peek on her notebook.

Ji Eun shrugged. "Nothing,"

"Anyway, do you want to volunteer for the foundation day?"

Wrinkling her brow, Ji Eun gave Jinri a questioning look. "What do you mean?"

"Well it's just that we still need a lot of volunteers that'll perform for the program. You could join if you want." Jinri explained, hoping that Ji Eun would find anticipation to what she's saying.

The girl cocked her head to the side. "If I join, what will I perform?"

"Well...you can act, sing, or da--"

"Sing?" Ji Eun asked, widening her eyes.

Jinri nodded her head cheerfully. "Yup."

"I always wanted to sing." Ji Eun murmured when Jinri clasped her hands together.

"Then you can volunteer then!"

"I'll think of it." Ji Eun said and with that statement of hers, Jinri clapped her hands before walking towards her original chair.

Ji Eun stared at the window and tried to think of an idea and when she finally did, a smile crept up on her face.

"Myungsoo!" She called right after Myungsoo sat on his seat when he finally went inside the room.

"Yeah?" The boy gave her a questioning look.

"Uhh I think I need your help." Ji Eun said, tapping her fingers on the table.

"What is it?"

"Well, I'd like to be one of the volunteers for the foundation day...and I want to sing." The girl answered.

Myungsoo widened his eyes. "That's good. I didn't know you can sing."

Ji Eun lightly pat his arm. "Hey watch it. Anyway, I want to make my own song."

Myungsoo chuckled. "Well that's better."

"You'll help me okay?" Ji Eun shot him a look and Myungsoo saluted her. "Yes ma'am!"

The both of them chuckled and started to have a random conversation. That's what friends do anyway.

 

~:~

 

"Suzy!" Ji Eun exclaimed when she saw Suzy stepped out from her classroom. She decided to spend her break time with Suzy again and much to her relief, Luhan agreed. She walked straight in front of Suzy's classroom and patiently waited for her.

"Oh hey Ji Eun." Suzy said, surprised at her appearance.

Suzy was glad at the fact that they could bond again so the two of them made their way to the cafeteria.

When they finally settled themselves around a table after buying some snacks, Ji Eun stared at Suzy, remembering something.

"Suzy, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot," Suzy said after putting her straw on her can of soda.

Ji Eun bit her lower lip as she watched what Suzy was doing. "What's with...Minah?"

The girl wrinkled her brow. "Minah? Why what's the matter?"

"Well it's just that...she asked me about Luhan and I." Ji Eun replied, earning Suzy's attention.

"She...asked about the two of you? When?" Suzy, who just got more curious, asked.

Ji Eun nodded her head. "Is there something wrong?"

Suzy awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck and moved an inch closer to Ji Eun as if their conversation was highly confidential. "I think you should know this..."

"Know what?" Ji Eun whispered and readied her ears.

"Well..Luhan..." Suzy murmured. "was Minah's boyfriend before Chanyeol."

Hearing her words, Ji Eun widened her eyes. "What?!"

"Shh! Calm down!" Suzy hissed and moved Ji Eun closer to her.

Being surprised at what just happened, Ji Eun curled her brow. "What do you mean?"

"They were in a relationship before duhh." Suzy replied.

Ji Eun grabbed suddenly grabbed Suzy's arms, surprising the girl. "Tell me the whole story."

So she did.

It took Suzy ten minutes to explain everything and after hearing it, it left Ji Eun speechless.

"W-wait...what?" Ji Eun stuttered, completely bewildered after hearing Suzy's long explanation.

Suzy nodded while nibbling the straw on her can of soda. "That's what happened."

"Is that why...Luhan and Chanyeol aren't doing well with each other?" Ji Eun worriedly asked.

Suzy shrugged. "I guess so."

"What kind of world is this..." Ji Eun murmured and poked her snacks with her fork. There was something uneasy going on inside her and she doesn't even know why.

This world surely is complicated when it comes to love.

I mean, is it even possible to change the name that your heart calls? Is it even possible to find another one?

According to her point of view, things like that don't happen.

It doesn't happen in Fantasia.

Happy ever after exists there but in here, she's starting to have doubts.

"So...you're telling me that it's possible to fall out of love from someone?" Ji Eun asked curiously.

"Yes of course." Suzy vehemently nodded which Ji Eun found ridiculous.

The girl huffed in disbelief. "The love here in your world is full of mystery, Suzy."

Suzy chuckled at her statement and gazed at Ji Eun. "Ji Eun, love is really complicated. Just like a question being left unanswered. If you're surprised at the fact that two people could actually leave each other, then you're somehow getting a glimpse of what love really is."

Ji Eun furrowed her brow at Suzy's explanation, completely clueless. "I don't get it."

"See? You don't get it because it is love. Love is beyond explanation." Suzy replied then suddenly laughed. "Maaan Ji Eun, I feel like a poet in answering your questions."

So the two of them decided to shrug the topic away.

And because of that conversation of theirs, Ji Eun became more curious and realized that her knowledge about this world is still not enough. Just like a speck of dust inside a wide room.

 

~:~

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol stood by the door of the Section B's classroom. His heart was beating fast because of nervousness and his palms started to get sweaty.

He was waiting for someone.

He was waiting for Minah.

And that's because he wanted an answer for the question that was still roaming inside his mind. It pained him to carry those memories while that girl appears in his eyes almost everyday.

Of all the things that happened lately, he was sure that his heart still beats for Minah.

When the students started to walk out from their room, Chanyeol straightened his back and earned some nods from his friends in Section B.

His world stopped when he saw that familiar girl walked out from the classroom along with her friends and they were laughing, making Chanyeol wonder what were they laughing about.

"Minah," He called and those two syllables worth a thousand heartbeats.

The girl stopped upon hearing her name and when she realized who it was, her friends quieted.

"C-can I talk to you for a minute? Y-you know...just us." Chanyeol nervously requested.

Minah told her friends to go now and with a nod, the both of them went to a secluded place which is the garden.

That garded surely is a place that holds a thousand secrets, confessions and many more for it is the place where a lot of students go.

So there they were, standing face to face but the girl's eyes were distant.

"What is it, Chanyeol?" Minah questioned.

After taking in a deep breath, Chanyeol courageously stared back at her. "W-why?"

Minah had enough sense to what was he talking about. She put her right palm on her forehead and sighed. "Chanyeol...we've already talked about th--"

"No we didn't, Minah!" The boy suddenly burst, making Minah flinch.

"A lot of weeks passed and I was hoping that you would tell me the reason but you didn't!" He pressed on. His eyes becoming watery at the moment.

"So I was left hanging in mid air hoping...h-hoping that you'll still tell me but you didn't! So here I am, walking around with unanswered questions because you didn't give me a reason. You didnt, Min--"

"Chanyeol!" Minah shouted, quieting the boy.

"You really want to know the reason? Huh? Even if it'll hurt you?! You really want to know?" She jeered, clenching her fist.

Chanyeol stopped for a moment. "Yes."

The two of them intensely held each other's gazes and Chanyeol readied his heart as time stopped for the both of them.

"I still love Luhan..." The girl whispered but her tone suddenly changed. "Okay? I know we've been together but he suddenly came back and I still love him...I long for him. You understand that?"

Minah wiped her eyes that were b with tears. "I'm sorry."

And with that statement of hers, she walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Chanyeol.

So that was it.

His already shattered heart broke again...if that's even possible.

He gathered a lot of courage to do this but much to his disappointment, he just hurt his heart again.

*Why am I the one who always gets left behind...*

Her words kept ringing inside Chanyeol's mind as it slowly turned into a dreadful nightmare.

His vision became blurry as tears threatened to fall from his eyes and when he was so close to crying, something hit his mind.

"Don't cry. Please. Don't be like the clouds."

Chanyeol bit his lower lip and tried to contain the pain as he quickly wiped his watery eyes.

So he picked up the pieces of his heart as he tried his best to not let a single tear escape his eyes.

 

~:~

 

When dismissal finally came, Chanyeol quickly slung his bag on his shoulder and stared at Luhan.

Just before Luhan could leave the room with Ji Eun, Chanyeol suddenly held his arm, surprising the boy. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

The both of them held gazes and Luhan had enough sense to know that it is an important matter. He clicked his tongue and nodded after telling Ji Eun to go out first.

The girl didn't protest anymore and quickly agreed. She was also thinking of something that put her into silence.

The two boys just stood there until the room was finally empty and a tension suddenly wrapped them.

Luhan clicked his tongue as he felt Chanyeol's intense stare. "What is it?"

"Do you still love Minah?" Chanyeol suddenly asked, surprising Luhan but he managed to keep it behind his facade.

"What kind of question is that Cha--"

"Answer me."

Luhan felt the clenching of his jaws as he tried to hide the sound of his beating heart and it took him a minute just to answer him. "N-no..."

Chanyeol drew out his breath. "Good."

"Why are you being like this all of a sudden?" Luhan curiously questioned. His brow was furrowed.

Chanyeol stared at him for a while before making a response. "Minah told me that she still loves you."

That shut Luhan up.

"And I wanted to make sure that you don't have feelings for her anymore."

Luhan huffed in disbelief. "Why? Are you afraid that she might come back to me?"

Chanyeol gave him a blank stare. "No. I don't care about it."

The boy suddenly became more curious after hearing Chanyeol's response. If he doesn't care, then why was he being like this.

"Because I don't want Ji Eun to get hurt."

Luhan's breath suddenly stopped and saw how Chanyeol's eyes glimmered at the mention of her name. "What're you thin--"

"She's too vulnerable and innocent...and I supposed you already noticed that since you're always with her. But I tell you, your knowledge about her is still little. You don't know her full story and you don't know how fragile she is. Don't you dare hurt her."

Luhan was unable to make a reply as regrets started to flood him again.

"Keep that in mind or else...I might do something unexpected." Chanyeol whispered and with that statement of his, he walked out.

The tension started to disappear and Luhan huffed in disbelief. *Why is he being protective all of a sudden anyway?*

 

~:~

 

When Luhan finally made his way to the school's gate, he saw Ji Eun waiting for him.

"Hey what took you so long?" Ji Eun asked while Luhan just shrugged and the both of them went inside the car in silence.

Luhan saw Chanyeol and Suzy seated on one of the chairs at the waiting area through the window. And he realized that Chanyeol was staring at the car.

He sighed deeply and averted his gaze to Ji Eun. He sat at the back seat again with her and somehow, it started to became his routine.

When he looked at her, he suddenly noticed that Ji Eun's current face was unreadable. Her facade was completely empty as she stared at the world outside the window. The boy pursed his lips and suddenly held her arm, surprising Ji Eun.

"Is everything alright?"

"O-oh...yes." Ji Eun stuttered and glued her eyes on the car's rag.

Not satisfied at her answer, he sighed. "I know there's something wrong."

Ji Eun bit her lower lip and in the end, she gave up.

"Luhan, may I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"D-do...you still...love..." She stuttered. "...Minah?"

Hearing the same question that Chanyeol gave him, Luhan's breath stopped. "Where did you get that question?"

"I...well...my friend just told me w-what happened between you and--"

"Ji Eun. It's in the past now." He sternly said.

"But...can you at least answer my question?" Ji Eun asked. Her heart was beating with nervousness.

He removed his eyes from her and fixed it on the window. "This will be the first and last that I'll be hearing Minah's name from you."

Ji Eun heaved her shoulders, completely disappointed. She then, noticed that his hands clenched into a tight fist.

Although she's a girl that's full of naivety, there's a part of Ji Eun that doubted that there's an answer hidden behind those two fists of his.

And somehow, Ji Eun found herself questioning what she just got herself into.


 

Okay this chapter may seem crappy and all that but I hope you got the idea. T_T

So...what do you think about Chanyeol?

Anyway, have a wonderful day. God bless!

 

Yours truly,

FindingSunshine