Trust, Butterfly, and Charms

The Peculiar Girl

It was already afternoon when Suzy barged inside the house while holding a lot of paper bags. Chanyeol and Ji Eun were at the living room, watching a random show. 

"Hello peeps!" Suzy greeted.

The girl plopped herself on the couch beside Ji Eun and the both of them gave each other a tight hug as if Suzy haven't seen Ji Eun for a long time.

"Where's mom?" Chanyeol, who's boringly seated on the other couch, asked.

"She got an emergency call from the hospital so I told her I'll come home alone instead." Suzy replied then averted her attention to Ji Eun again. "You have a lot of juicy news to tell me, girly!"

Ji Eun was very cheery that moment but hearing Suzy's statement, she felt something inside her clenched again but she did her best to hide it and managed to fake a smile. 

"So how was your day with him yesterday?" Suzy questioned with so much interest.

Chanyeol who's awfully curious since last night, perked up his ears to listen but he acted like he's so into the show that he's watching.

"It was..." Ji Eun just stared at Suzy and opened but after realizing that she doesn't know what to say, she blinked a few times. "great!"

Suzy put her hands on Ji Eun's shoulder and shook it as if Ji Eun's just a doll. "Tell me! What happened?"

 

I waited.

He didn't come.

I got wet because of the rain.

He wasn't there to prevent those raindrops from falling on me.

I called him.

Minah answered it.

I'm completely wrecked.

I cried just like the clouds.

And Luhan doesn't have a single idea about it.

I almost got lost.

But he didn't come.

Chanyeol came.

 

"We did a lot of things and I can't even remember them all!" Ji Eun said with those crescent eyes of hers. "Luhan and I talked for a long time at the teahouse."

Hearing her statements, Chanyeol abruptly turned his head to her with surprised eyes. He saw that happiness was basked on her face and cheerfulness was defined in her tone but the boy tried to look at what's behind those.

Of course he knew what happened. She was so quiet and sad yesterday but what she's doing right now is exactly the opposite.

He wanted to protest but in the end, he just kept quiet and listened.

"He..." Ji Eun bit her lower lip as she tried to find the right words to say. "He took me home."

Suzy clasped her hands together with a teasing smile. "Aww too cute. Wait, I'll change my clothes first. You have a lot of talking to do later."

Ji Eun just smiled at her statement and watched Suzy walked to the stairs. With a sigh, she pursed her lips and stood up after deciding to get something to eat at the kitchen while Chanyeol's eyes just followed her every single movement.

After pouring some water inside a glass, Ji Eun drank it and emptied it quickly. Puffing her cheeks, her eyes travelled to the cupboard that was above her. She somehow wanted something to eat and seeing some biscuits in there made her crave so tipping her toes, she managed to get one.

Ji Eun gently tore the wrapper and when she turned around, she gasped and she even almost lost her grip around the biscuit. Chanyeol was just a few inches away from her with a serious face, earning a questioning look from Ji Eun.

"Did you know that it's not right to lie?" Chanyeol asked but it seems like it's more of a statement than a question.

Ji Eun blinked after hearing his words. "E-excuse me?"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and gave the girl a stern look. "C'mon Ji Eun, what you told to Suzy a while ago are lies."

"No it's not." Ji Eun defiantly said but she had a hard time looking straight at his judging eyes.

Hearing her denial, Chanyeol tried to laugh in a mocking tone. "No? Oh okay. That's why you're so quiet last night because you had fun? That's why you cried last night because Luhan came. Wow."

Not wanting to remember the things yesterday, Ji Eun crossed her arms on her chest with a raised eyebrow. "I didn't cry last night, Chanyeol."

"Oh really?" Chanyeol said and moved towards her that he could almost feel her steady breathing. "Well guess what. I woke up in the middle of the night when I realized that you're not on the bed anymore."

Ji Eun, who was getting uncomfortable with his bombardment of words, tried to step back but she realized that she already reached the wall.

"And here's the thing, I went out only to see you alone at the terrace." Chanyeol continued, "I was about to shrug it away but then I hear you whimpering."

"Okay! I cried!" Ji Eun shouted and bit her lower lip, afraid that she might do it again in front of him. "Why do you care anyway?"

Hearing her statement, Chanyeol shut his mouth and realized that he doesn't know what to answer so he just closed his mouth and looked down, shutting down his pride.

Ji Eun was almost closed to tears so she breathed deeply and bumped Chanyeol when she walked away.

~:~

Suzy and Ji Eun spent their day talking endlessly at their room which was really hard for Ji Eun because she can't stand telling things to Suzy that aren't really true.

"How about you? How's your day at your auntie?" Ji Eun asked, trying to shrug away their previous conversation.

Suzy just shrugged. "It was fun of course. Always."

"That's good to hear then." Ji Eun said and looked at the vast sky through the window.

Chanyeol just got inside the house after buying some snacks and decided to call the two girls. Heaving a sigh, he walked upstairs.

The door of their room was slightly open that's why Chanyeol could almost hear their exchanging of talks and just as he was about to get inside, he just suddenly stood there and tried to eavesdrop.

"But I still like your story." Suzy mumbled as she hugged her hotdog pillow tightly.

After processing a lot of thoughts inside her mind, Ji Eun just suddenly furrowed her brow out of the blew and averted her gaze to Suzy who was finding comfort in her current position.

"Suzy?"

"Mm?"

Ji Eun cocked her head to the side. "What date is it today?"

Suzy blinked. "I don't actually know. Check the calendar."

Ji Eun walked towards the calendar that was pinned on the wall and after seeing it, Ji Eun huffed in amazement, earning a confused look from Suzy. "Why? What's the matter?"

"My Fantasia birthday is tomorrow."

Hearing her statement, Suzy suddenly sat up on her bed and widened her eyes with so much surprise. "No way."

"I'm so caught up these days that I didn't even remember it." Ji Eun mumbled as she scratched her haid.

Suzy got up on her bed and held Ji Eun's shoulders. "Oh my goblins. And I don't even know it!"

Ji Eun shut her eyes while hearing Suzy's ear-piercing voice. "Okay okay I'm sorry."

Suzy pouted and went back to her bed while thinking of something to do for Ji Eun's birthday while Ji Eun, on the other hand, sighed.

*It's my birthday tomorrow but I'm completely uneasy...*

After hearing all of their statements, Chanyeol walked back to the living room and decided to just eat the snacks alone.

~:~

Monday finally made its way and Chanyeol was quietly sitting on the passenger's seat while Soo Ri and Suzy kept on singing Ji Eun a birthday song with so much cheerfulness and sincerity.

Ji Eun just clapped her hands along with the rhythm and plastered a smile on her face, truly appreciating how Soo Ri and Suzy were so excited for her birthday except for Chanyeol who’s ignoring her since morning. But of course she can’t deny the fact that something is still uneasy inside her.

“I’m really sorry if we didn’t get the chance to prepare something for you, Ji Eun.” Soo Ri apologized, “I really don’t have an idea that it’s your big day not to mention the fact that I’ve been busy these days.”

Ji Eun shrugged and waved her hand blithely. “It’s okay auntie.”

Suzy, who was currently admiring the streets they pass by, averted her eyes to Ji Eun. “How do you celebrate your birthday in your world anyway?”

Hearing her question, Ji Eun opened and stopped when she realized that she doesn’t even know. Yes of course she has a birthday but every time she celebrates it in Fantasia, it seems like it’s just another typical day for her…maybe because the villagers there don’t want to waste their time greeting someone who likes to ruin their day and this so called happy ever after.

Memories flashed through her mind as she tried to dug deeper to answer Suzy’s question.

To her, her birthday is not a big deal after all. She gave no importance to it but Juniel will always have something to give her that has the ability to fancy her. Ji Eun rarely visited her parents too that’s why she realized that her birthday is so…boring and dull.

Suzy was waiting for an answer along with Soo Ri but they didn’t know that Chanyeol was also listening too.

“I…” Ji Eun mumbled, “W-well…people don’t pay much attention to my birthday. That’s why I’m so surprised to see you guys so excited and all that.”

Suzy blinked at her statement and mentally scolded herself for asking her about a touchy subject. So instead, she awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of her neck. “Right…Oh well, this will be a wonderful birthday of yours!"

Ji Eun just chuckled at Suzy’s outburst and nodded.

When the car finally stopped, Ji Eun and Suzy ran together and disappeared quickly while Chanyeol slowly got out of the car and awkwardly stared at Soo Ri as if he wants to say something.

“Uhh…” Chanyeol mumbled, “mom?”

“Yes?” Soo Ri said while getting something inside her bag.

“You…uhh.” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “You have my credit card right?”

Hearing his question, Soo Ri raised her brow and looked at him. “I have it here actually.”

“Can I have it?” Chanyeol asked. “I promise I won’t spend a lot.”

Soo Ri gave him a long judging stare before fishing out her wallet from her bag. Chanyeol widened his eyes when he realized that she took out his familiar credit card.

“Alright,” Soo Ri replied and earned a grateful look from the boy.

“Thanks mom! I love you!” Chanyeol said and saluted Soo Ri before getting out of the car.

He was fixing his bag as he walked slowly towards the school's gate when he heard someone called his name, causing him to avert his eyes ahead and realized that it was Luhan.

"Hey," Luhan greeted with a nod. "How's Ji Eun?"

Hearing his question, a lot of Saturday memories flashed through his mind that made Chanyeol disappointed at Luhan because he truly was expecting Luhan to take care of Ji Eun because Chanyeol knew how much Ji Eun likes Luhan.

"She's fine." Chanyeol replied.

"How did she got ho--I mean, forget it. Thanks." Luhan said as he heaved his shoulders and walked away.

Chanyeol just wrinkled his nose at Luhan's weird statements and continued to walk, staring at Luhan's back from a distant.

When he was about to reach his classroom, he squint his eyes and realized that Minah was standing before the door. His heart just suddenly accelerated when the girl looked up but much to his disappointment and surprise, she approached Luhan who was walking ahead of him.

Getting curious at what he just saw, Chanyeol tried to walk slowly so that he won't enter the room first.

"M-Minah..." Luhan stuttered and earned a morning greeting from the girl.

"I just want you to know that I had fun last Saturday." Minah said and plastered a smile on her face and just before Luhan could react, she walked away after waving her hand.

Chanyeol, who furrowed his brow after hearing her statement, suddenly just huffed in disbelief and although he didn't want to judge quickly, he clenched his jaws and quickly walked inside the room, purposely bumping Luhan.

But before he could step inside, he stopped himself and turned around, blocking Luhan.

Luhan gave him a questioning look while Chanyeol faced him seriously. "Look Luhan, I don't know what happened between the you and Ji Eun. But I'm warning you...if you hurt her, then you better watch out."

And with that statement of his, Chanyeol left while Luhan stood there on the ground with clenching fists. He just suddenly felt nervous because just by hearing Chanyeol's words, he knew that something's not right and Ji Eun's not well.

Shrugging it away, Luhan heaved a sigh and walked inside and saw that Chanyeol, who was seated at the corner of the room, was shooting glares at him as if he knows every movement that he makes.

Luhan plastered a smile on his face when he caught a sight of Ji Eun but it eventually disappeared when Ji Eun just suddenly buried her head on her arms after she saw him. 

Seeing what she did, Luhan became uneasy as he walked closely to his chair.

"Good morning Ji Eun," Luhan greeted in a mere whisper but he assured that she would hear it.

But much to his disappointment, Ji Eun didn't even move that's why Luhan started the day with so much uneasiness.

~:~

It was already their third subject before break time and Luhan had to admit that he can't concentrate because through his peripheral vision, he was observing Ji Eun for hours and what made him down was the fact that Ji Eun didn't even move or gaze at him because she just kept her eyes ahead. 

The bell finally rang and Luhan gulped heavily when his classmates started to go out of the classroom. And just before Ji Eun could make a step, Luhan grabbed her wrist out of the blue, startling Ji Eun. Chanyeol was expecting to come with her but after seeing what Luhan did, he rolled his eyes and decided to just go at the cafeteria alone.

Feelig her touch, Ji Eun bit her lower lip as a pint of nervousness crept inside her. 

"Ji Eun, can I talk to you for a minute?"

She slowly averted her eyes to Luhan and shrugged. "You're already doing it."

 

In the end, the two decided to not go at the cafeteria. Instead, their destination was the school's garden.

The glowing rays of sun basked the bed of grass that it almost sparkled when Luhan and Ji Eun took a seat on one of the wooden benches. 

The both of them were wrapped by silence as Ji Eun just stared at a tree that was slowly welcoming the colour of autumn while Luhan had a hard time searching for the right words to start a conversation.

"Is..." Luhan began, "is something wrong, Ji Eun?"

Ji Eun swayed her right foot on the ground. "I don't know. Maybe?"

"If it is, then, is it because of me?"

Hearing his question, Ji Eun didn't let her eyes travel to him so instead, she looked at the vast sky. "What do you think? Is it you?"

Sighing, Luhan placed his hand on her left shoulder. "Ji Eun, pleas--"

"Why..." Ji Eun mumbled, "why didn't you come?"

Ji Eun noticed how Luhan stopped his breath. He looked down and cleared his throat. "So it's me."

"What?" Ji Eun said, "I didn't tell it's you."

"C'mon Ji Eun. I know it's me." Luhan pointed out.

Shrugging away his statement, Ji Eun pursed her lips. "Why didn't you come?"

Her question has a tone of melancholy and her curiosity was really visible, showing Luhan that she needs an answer. 

"I..." Luhan mumbled, "Well...s-something came up."

"What came up?" Ji Eun asked again while feeling the wild beating of her heart.

"M-matters." 

Ji Eun tried to laugh lightly at his response. "Matters..."

Luhan sighed after realizing that their conversation is absolutely unproductive and just before he could think of another word to say, the ringing bell was heard. Ji Eun already stood up and just before she could walk, Luhan grabbed her wrist.

"Ji Eun," He said and felt something twist inside him when she finally held his eyes. 

Her eyes were unreadable and Luhan desperately wanted to search the things that were behind those brown orbs of hers.

"I'm sorry." He said, trying to soothe her indescribable quietness towards him that day.

No matter how much Ji Eun wanted to yell at him, she can't. And it made her wonder how could this boy softened her heart that was once cold and bitter towards people. 

In Fantasia, she knows how to take revenge but when it comes to him, the barriers of her heart would just disappear.

Only Luhan could do that, or so she thought. 

He just has that effect on her.

"It's okay." She mumbled and tried to plaster a smile. Although the way how she said it was full of assurance, Luhan can't stop himself from being guilty.

 

The two of them walked quietly towards their room when they stopped upon seeing Suzy with cheery eyes and a wide smile by the door.

"Hey Ji Eun," Suzy chirped, "I bought you these."

She handed Ji Eun a sandwich along with a can of soda.

"What's this?" Ji Eun questioned after taking it from her with a hint of hesitation.

"Well," Suzy began, "consider it as a gift, birthday girl."

And with that statement of hers, Suzy left after giving Ji Eun a wink.

Luhan's mouth was slightly parted after processing the girls' conversation that's why just before Ji Eun could walk inside their room, he called her by her name, earning a questioning look from Ji Eun.

"It's..." Luhan mumbled, "It's your birthday?"

Hearing his question, Ji Eun pursed her lips and nodded, surprising Luhan.

Without waiting for his reaction or any response, Ji Eun proceeded inside while the boy stood on the ground with a surprised face. 

He mentally scolded himself for being a dimwit when it comes to these stuffs. Of course it's her birthday! How could he forget to ask that simple question to her during the days they were together? 

He felt more ashamed and more embrassed after knowing how special this day was. And he's not even aware that he's making a big deal out of it.

After a few seconds, he finally snapped back into reality and went inside.

Ji Eun was busy doodling someting on her notebook when Luhan took a seat. He tried to occupy his mind with some things but he can't move away his thoughts from what he just heard earlier that's why there's always a certain minute when Luhan would try to steal some glances.

His mind was in jeopardy and after a series of decision making, Luhan clicked his tongue and checked his watch. Relief flooded him when he realized that there are no teachers yet so without further ado, he stood up and held Ji Eun's wrist, causing the girl to stand up.

"Come with me." He said while taking his bag along with Ji Eun's and without waiting for any response, he quickly dragged her outside.

Luhan ran so fast while Ji Eun tagged behind him. She wanted to yank away his hand because she wanted to breathe from running but in the end, she just let him.

"L-Lu-h-han," Ji Eun huffed as the both of them ran. "W-where a-re we g-go-ing?"

The boy decided to not answer her question and when they reached the school's gate, he turned his head to his right and left and after observing the place, he made Ji Eun dock along with him, confusing Ji Eun.

And when Ji Eun finally processed in her mind what they're actually doing, Ji Eun widened her eyes. "L-Luhan, we still h-have s-some cl-asses."

Ji Eun was in complete panic while witnessing what Luhan was actually doing and no matter how much she wanted to go back, Luhan's strengthwas more dominant than hers.

After running away for a lot of minutes, Ji Eun found herself panting along Luhan in front of a local bakery that was a few distance away from their school while Luhan, on the other hand, was so much relieved for escaping smoothly.

"Luhan," Ji Eun said, "why are we here? Oh for the love of fairies, we cut classes. This is not okay, Lu--"

"Do you trust me?" Luhan suddenly questioned, stopping the girl from bombarding a lot of statements. 

Ji Eun bit her lower lip as she stared at the two orbs that his eyes contain. "Yes..."

Luhan smiled at her answer and with an overwhelmed heart, he held her hand. "Then come with me."

 

Ji Eun pressed her forehead against the bus' window as her eyes travelled to the buildings they pass by. "Where are we going?"

Plastering a playful smirk on his face, Luhan replied, "You'll see."

The ride was quiet long which made Ji Eun more curious of what lies ahead to the both of them and after a while, Ji Eun became unaware of her surroundings when her eyes gently closed themselves.

~:~

Ji Eun squint her eyes after feeling someone poking her arm and when she finally took a hold of herself, she realized that Luhan was staring at her. "We're here."

Hearing his statement, Ji Eun stood up immediately with so much excitement while Luhan just hid his chuckle behind his lips. After a minute of walking, Ji Eun widened her eyes upon seeing the familiar view. "Lotte World?"

"Yeah," Luhan nodded and held Ji Eun's hand as he took his steps.

"Luhan," Ji Eun gulped, "We're here again? But the rides here are seriously scar--"

"Did I say that we're going to ride them?" 

Hearing his statement, Ji Eun blinked and awkwardly rubbed her cheek. "Oh...then...why are we here?"

Luhan just smiled at her question and without giving any answer, he tightened his grip around her hand and continued to walk.

Ji Eun cocked her head to the side after realizing that the both of them entered a clothing shop. Luhan started to check a variety of long sleeve shirts and he stopped himself after sensing that Ji Eun was still rooted on the ground by the door while staring at him.

He raised his brow and gestured her to go to him as if she's a lost kid but that was enough to let Ji Eun snap back into reality.

"What do you want?" Luhan asked but received no reply because Ji Eun just stared at the racks of clothes, not even scanning them.

Heaving a sigh, Luhan held her shoulders and gently pushed her to another section of clothes. 

Ji Eun slowly scanned them and when her eyes landed to a certain shirt, a smile painted her face. She walked towads it with full anticipation and examined its texture.

"You want that?" Luhan asked, earning a nod from Ji Eun. When he reached for it, Luhan widened his eyes upon realizing that it was a couple shirt but without any hesitation, he took it with a smile. 

After that, they looked for a pair of leggings which took them a while to find but when they finally succeeded, the both of them approached to cashier.

Luhan handed the cashier his ATM card without hesitation and when they finally purchased it, he took out the clothes that were his and gave the paper bag to Ji Eun which remained her clothes. "You should wear this now."

Wrinkling her brow, Ji Eun took it from him. "Now?"

"Yeah," Luhan nodded, "We can't have fun while wearing our school uniform."

Ji Eun just chuckled at his statement and after giving him a salute, she walked to the changing room.

~:~

After tying up her hair into a bun, Ji Eun stepped outside and her eyes sparkled instanly after seeing Luhan standing by the door with the same shirt as hers. With a smile on her lips, Ji Eun ran towards him and hooked her arm on his, surprising Luhan.

When the both of them shared gazes, Luhan could only just chuckle at her cuteness including her eyes that turned into crescent moons.

"Let's go," Luhan mumbled and earned a nod from the girl.

Ji Eun just let her eyes travel around and after realizing where they were, she curled her brow. "What's this?"

"Ice skating rink." Luhan responded, "We didn't ride this when we first came here, remember?"

Seeing some people skating with smiles on their faces, Ji Eun grinned after remembering that Juniel also likes to skate whenever winter make its way to Fantasia. She didn't mutter a word but she nodded and that was enough to make Luhan happy.

After paying and getting the desired materials, Ji Eun found herself standing right there on the rink with nervous feet. 

"Do you know how to skate?" Luhan asked as he felt Ji Eun's arm tightened around his arm.

"Well..." Ji Eun mumbled, "no..."

"It's okay," Luhan smiled, "I'll help you."

With that statement of his, he gently removed her arm from him and wrapped his hand around hers. Ji Eun pursed her lips and decided to hold his other hand also while Luhan just let her be.

"I thought this is easy..." Ji Eun mumbled between her shaky breaths while Luhan just chuckled.

"Don't worry," He began, "I'm here."

 

"W-w-wait wait," Ji Eun muttered and tightened her grip around Luhan's hands as she widened her eyes with fear that she might fall down but every time Luhan will assure her that he got her, everything will be okay in a blink of an eye.

Ji Eun almost screamed when her hand accidentaly slipped out from Luhan's but just before she could fall, Luhan was there to grab her arm. 

"Whoopsy Daisy," Luhan said as he helped her steady her position.

It took a while for Ji Eun to learn that's why it became hard for Luhan but he didn't matter as long as it's Ji Eun. 

He just had a feeling a that he doesn't have the guts to say no to her.

And after a minute of almost falling and tripping down, Ji Eun managed to steady herself but she still reached for his hand. Still, it's better than before.

"This is fun!" Ji Eun chirped as the both of them continued to skate.

Luhan chuckled just before Ji Eun accidentally stumbled and sat on the ground with a bump and since, Luhan was unaware, he was eventually pulled down. 

Ji Eun widened her eyes and when their gazes met, the both of them started to laugh, not even having a care of some people that were looking at them. But most of them just shrugged because they're just a happy couple after all.

"You know," Ji Eun mumbled when the two of them finally got up. "I somehow want to ride those rides again."

Luhan's eyes glimmered. "Then let's do it."

Ji Eun shook her head in a childish manner. "Let's still skate. There's still a lot of time."

~:~

It was already their dismissal time when Chanyeol continually tapped his foot on the floor while staring at the chairs of Ji Eun and Luhan that were empty since after their break time. 

"Mr. Park," Their adviser called, grabbing the boy's attention.

"Yes, sir?" Chanyeol asked as he approached him.

"Please let Ji Eun know that tomorrow, she needs to be in detention along with Luhan." The older said explained with so much authority. "I'll just call Luhan's parents to let him know."

Hearing those statements, Chanyeol cleared his throat and bowed, telling to the older one that he agreed.

When Chanyeol was the only one left inside the classroom and crossed his arms on his chest. "Now where could you guys be..."

With an uneasy feeling, Chanyeol shrugged and walked away. And as he made his steps through the hallway, he felt the vibration of his phone and when he fished it out from his pocket, he realized that it was a message from Suzy.


Mom won't pick us up today. I need to go somewhere so you could go home now. Don't worry, Channie. I'm in safe hands. :D

 

Chanyeol huffed after reading her string of words and since he doesn't have a plan to go home yet, he checked his wallet and relief flooded him upon seeing his very own credit card. Without hesitation, Chanyeol heaved a sigh and walked out of the school's gate.

~:~

After bidding his goodbye to his friends, Myungsoo walked towards the gate while plugging his earphones and just before he could even pick a song, someone suddenly grabbed his arm, causing him to span around.

"Hey there, Myungsoo!" Suzy greeted with a wide smile.

Surprised at her existence before him, Myungsoo widened his eyes. "Oh...h-hey, Suzy?"

"Look, I know it's weird but can you do me a favor?" Suzy said with pleading eyes.

Myungsoo sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Well...what's your favor first?"

Suzy took a deep breath and held Myungsoo's shoulders which surprised the boy. "It's Ji Eun's birthday day today and I still don't have any gift for her yet but since I noticed that you two are close, maybe you should hel--"

"Wait, what?" Myungsoo furrowed his brow surprisngly as he tried to stop her from speaking so quick.

Suzy rolled her eyes and shrugged away his question. "As I was saying, you guys are close so I kind of need your help to pick a gift for her."

"Okay okay, wait a minute, missy," Myungsoo said as he tried to process her explanation, stopping Suzy. "It is really her birthday today?"

Suzy abruptly nodded just like a kid which made Myungsoo huffed as he mentally scolded himself for not even knowing it.

"So could you help me?" 

Myungsoo stared at her for a minute but in the end, he nodded which made Suzy clasped her hands together. "Yes!"

 

"Hey missy, I have an idea." Myungsoo said out of the blue when the two of them got out from the school.

Hearing his statement, Suzy rolled his eyes. "Oh please, I have a name."

"Sorry, Suzy, but hey I have an idea." Myungsoo responded as he tightened his grip around the strap of his knapsack.

"What is it?" Suzy asked and kicked a pebble on the ground.

"Why don't we just buy her a cake?" Myungsoo suggested. "I'll give some money too so I also have a gift for her."

Suzy thought about his words for a long while which embarassed Myungsoo but when the girl clapped her hands, he realized that she listened to him. "Great idea!"

After a while of walking endlessly, the both of them found themselves scanning every cake at a local bakery shop.

"How 'bout this one?" Myungsoo asked, pointing to a white cake that has strawberries on top of it.

"Are you sure it's her favorite one?" Suzy asked with a raised brow. 

Hearing her question, Myungsoo scratched his head. "I don't know... Hey! You're always together and you don't even know it?"

"How am I supposed to know that? I can't just have a normal talk with her then ask what's her favorite flavor out of nowhere." Suzy blurted out while Myungsoo just huffed. "Hey, I'm your senior."

"But you act as if you're just a junior." Suzy shot back and scanned the other pastries.

"Watch your words, Missy--"

"Suzy,"

"Okay," Myungsoo sighed, "Can we just pick something instead of arguing?"

"I think this one's good." Suzy said after gluing her eyes on a chocolate cake that has a variety of sprinkles on top of it. Myungsoo walked near her and nodded at her choice. 

"Let's get it then,"

~:~

Chanyeol's head kept on turning to his right and left with hopes that he might find the perfect one. He's been scanning the mall for almost an hour that he could literally feel the throbing pain inside his feet. 

With a curled brow and a determined face, the latter continued on with his journey when something familiar caught his eyes.

He stopped himself from his tracks as he let his eyes bore into what he just witnessed. 

A smile graced his lips as he walked towards it.

He perfectly knew just what to get for her.

~:~

Happy Birthday Ji Eun!

From: Myungsoo and Suzy

 

"There you go," Suzy said, putting back the cap of her pen.

"Perfect," Myungsoo complimented and the both of them made their way outside after thanking the cashier and the guard who opened the door for them. 

The cheerful color of sky was now replaced by a cooling purple veil and the sun was nowhere to be seen, indicating that the night's about to come. 

A cold gush of wind brushed Myungsoo's skin when the both of them looked at each other. "Okay then, I think it's time to go home. Let's call this a da--"

"I'm hungry." Suzy cut as she rubbed her tummy with a pout.

"Then eat when you get home then," Myungsoo replied when he just suddenly felt a slap on his arm. "Hey! What's that for?"

Suzy rolled her eyes. "Aren't you supposed to invite me to eat or something?"

Rubbing his arm, Myungsoo huffed. "That's not even a requirement."

"Oh my dancing goblins...what kind of a gentleman are you..." Suzy clicked her tongue. "Oh I know!"

Myungsoo was currently surprised at this side of Suzy that he encountered and just before he could walk away, Suzy suddenly grabbed his arm and dragged him somewhere.

"You eat street foods, right?" Suzy asked when the both of them stopped in front of a stall.

Looking at the steaming smoke, Myungsoo rubbed his head. "Well, my mom doesn't want me to bu--"

"Eww.." Suzy grimaced. "Mama's boy."

"Hey! I'm not even finished with my statement." Myungsoo glared, "My mom doesn't want me to but I eat street foods."

"Explanation unacceptable," Suzy made an x sign with her arms. "You're still a mama's boy."

"Is that even you, Suzy? Bae Suzy?" Myungsoo said with a furrowed brow. "I didn't know you have this kind of attitude."

Suzy laughed with a mocking tone at his statement and proceeded to order a fish cake. 

When it was finally finished, they found themselves savoring the taste of fish cakes and Suzy already ordered five. 

"Nothing will ever compare to the taste of street foods." Suzy said, staring at her stick.

Myungsoo ignored her statement and continued to blow away the steaming hot smoke coming from the fish cake he just ordered for the nth time.

"Wait here," Suzy said out of the blue and walked away while Myungsoo carried on with what he's currently doing.

Suzy stopped in front of a vending machine and fished out some spare coins from her skirt's pocket. 

The clanking of coins inside was heard and not long after, Suzy took out the sodas.

Myungsoo was about to finish when he felt someone poked his arm, causing him to turn his head and realize that it was Suzy, handing him a cold soda.

"Thanks," He muttered.

When their sticks were finally empty, Suzy nodded at him. "You'll pay."

"Of course, I knew you'd say that." Myungsoo pointed out as he ped his bag to get his wallet.

Suzy just chuckled and stared at Myungsoo as he handed the money to the vendor and when the boy finally received the change, the both of them walked away.

While they were making their steps, Myungsoo's eyes landed to the colorful box that Suzy was holding which made him sigh because he was so ashamed of himself for forgetting his friend's birthday.

"Greet Ji Eun a happy birthday for me." Myungsoo requested and put his hands inside his pockets.

Suzy nodded, "Sure thing,"

"Man, I really don't have an idea that it's her birthday today..." Myungsoo muttered and clicked his tongue.

"At least you know now." Suzy assured.

Silence engulfed the two of them and when they passed by a local bubble tea shop, Suzy cleared . "Myungsoo?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" 

Myungsoo smirked at her statement. "None,"

With an unconscious mind, Suzy smiled and felt relief. "Oh...then, do you like someone?"

It took a while for Myungsoo to answer and when he looked at at the cars that pass the two of them, he sighed. "Yeah..."

"Oh..." Suzy mumbled. "Then, does that person likes you too?"

The latter bit her lower lip when she received no answer that's why she glanced at him and saw that his face became unreadable.

"You seem sad." 

"Because," Myungsoo began, "I realized that I'm just waiting for a train that will never come."

~:~

Chanyeol the lights at the living room and placed a small paper bag on the coffee table. With a frown, he glanced at the clock and realized that it's already seven o'clock.

He took out his phone from his pocket and called Ji Eun but much to his disappointment, his call wasn't answered which frustrated him even more.

After failing for the nth time, he proceeded to call Suzy and much to his relief, it was answered.

"Hey," Chanyeol said with a stern voice. "Where are you?"

"I'm on my way home." 

"Do I still need to pick you u--"

"No worries," Suzy replied. "I'm not alone."

Hearing her statement, Chanyeol furrowed his brow. "You're with?"

"Eish. I'll tell you later."

"Hey, Bae Su--"

Chanyeol huffed after hearing a beeping sound so with a frustrated mind, he tossed his phone on the couch.

~:~

"Well I'll just ride a bus here." Suzy said when the both of them stopped at the bus station.

"You sure you're okay now?" Myungsoo asked with a worried tone, earning nod from Suzy.

"Thanks for today, Myungsoo." Suzy said with cheery smile. "Sorry if you found me weird and for barging in to you like that even though we're not that close. I just really need some help."

"Hey it's okay, I wouldn't know that it's Ji Eun birthday if you didn't approach me." 

Suzy just chuckled at his statement and stopped upon realizing that the bus was near. 

"You sure are an unreadable person." Suzy said which made Myungsoo smirked.

"Is that a complim--"

"I like you."

Myungsoo blinked upon hearing her statement and just before he could even react, Suzy laughed hysterically and patted his arm. "Bye!"

And with that farewell of hers, Suzy ran towards the bus.

Processing her blunt statement, Myungsoo huffed and scratch his head. "What a weird girl."

It surprised him for encountering that side of Suzy and since he's a smarty pants that has no idea when it comes to teen love, he was aghast to know that someone likes him although he wasn't sure if what she said was true because she laughed when she said that statement. Oh sure he received love letters but the last time he received one is when he was a sophomore and he got to admit that he doesn't get a lot. Maybe because he's too kind and too nice to be liked by girls.

Clearing away that thought of his, he began his walk, unaware that a crooked smile was plastered on his lips.

~:~

"My driver can't pick us up today," Luhan said, "Is it okay if we'll just ride a bus?"

Ji Eun nodded her head. "Yeah, no worries."

The day surely was tiring and fun at the same time for them because they managed to enjoy every single ride without vomitting and it made Ji Eun glad because she faced her fears with so much courage along with Luhan's encouragements.

Luhan settled himself beside the window while Ji Eun sat on his left. The boy stared at the sky that has tiny diamond flecks while thinking that this day surely was worth it. It disappointed him because it seems like they just bonded a while ago and now, the sky is already dark which made him realize that they've been together for a lot of hours that seem like a minute to him.

Ji Eun was too tired to make a conversation that's why Luhan was surprised when he felt her head landed on his shoulder but he didn't mind. With a smile he gently brushed her head using his right hand.

If he asked himself if he could stay like that forever, he would probably say yes.

~:~

"Good you're here." Chanyeol muttered after seeing Suzy entered the house.

Suzy hushed and scanned the living room. "Where's Ji Eun?"

"She's not here yet and I don't have any freakin' idea where she is." Chanyeol complained as he scratched his head when his eyes landed on the box that she was holding. "What's that?"

"It's a gift from Myungsoo and I." Suzy smiled and stared at it.

"A cake?"

"Yup, duhh."

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and watched his sister ran to the kitchen.

"Do we have any matchstick?" Suzy shouted.

"It's in the second drawer!" Chanyeol replied and decided to call Ji Eun again.

He tapped his foot on the floor endlessly when it wasn't answered. "She's not answering the phone."

Suzy marched back to the living room and patted her brother's shoulder. "She'll be fine."

"What makes you say that then?"

"I called her a while ago and she told me she's with Luhan."

Chanyeol huffed at her statement and rolled his eyes. "Of course. How could I forgot."

~:~

After twenty minutes, the Luhan and Ji Eun stopped at the front of their gate. "We're finally here."

Luhan looked at the house and saw that the lights were on at the first floor. "I have something to give you."

With curled brow, Ji Eun watched Luhan as he fished out something inside his bag and after a few seconds, a smile crept up on his face and he handed Ji Eun a small box.

Cocking her head to the side, Ji Eun took it. "What's this?"

"Open it,"

With a hint of excitement and curiosity, Ji Eun slowly opened the box and when she finally took a glimpse of what the box contains, her eyes constantly glimmered.

Inside it was a sparkling flower hair clip that's filled of colorful small crystals that made Ji Eun feel that she's literally holding the unreachable stars.

"I bought that when you were changing your clothes." Luhan added and he could't admit the fact that he was so overwhelmed when he saw a smile on her face, knowing that he was the reason of that undefined smile.

"It's beautiful." Ji Eun said and pursed her lips.

"Happy birthday, Ji Eun." Luhan said with so much sincerity. "I hope this day is something worth remembering for you."

Luhan was admiring her reaction when Ji Eun just suddenly kissed his cheek that made his heart stood still. Although it was quick, Luhan felt like he could live a lifetime in that moment.

Ji Eun held his arms and as she looked at him, she realized that the memories of what happened last Saturday didn't matter to her now. What matters to her is the present.

"Thank you, Luhan."

Luhan wanted to hug her and he even wanted to kiss her but when he saw how vulnerable Ji Eun was, he remembered the main purpose why he made her his girl and all he wanted to do was to punch himself but then he realized, if he didn't make that plan, he wouldn't know how special this girl was.

That's why no matter how much he wanted to plant his lips on hers, he can't because he knew that he doesn't deserve it.

"You need to go. It's getting late." Ji Eun said and earned a nod from Luhan.

"Good night," Luhan said and ruffled her hair.

"Good night," 

~:~

Suzy widened her eyes when she heard that the gate was opening so she quickly readied herself and check the cake at the kitchen.

Chanyeol stood up and crossed his arms on his chest when Ji Eun opened the door with so much ecstasy.

"Good Ev--"

"Where were you?" Chanyeol asked with a stern voice.

"I was with Luhan." 

Hearing her reply, Chanyeol huffed and walked towards her. "Oh so you're with him? You both cut classes and spent the rest of the day having fun?"

Ji Eun was about to open to make a reply but Chanyeol continued.

"Did you even forget what he did to you last Saturday? You cried, Ji Eun. Although I don't have an idea what happened that day, I knew that he's the reason behind your sadness. And now, you spent your day together as if nothing happened?"

"Hey!" Ji Eun glared. "Wach your words."

Suzy clasped her hands together and made her way to the living room to greet Ji Eun but her cheerfulness fell after seeing that the two were arguing.

"I'm just saying that you should think, Ji Eun! Did you know that when I went to school this morning, Minah said something to Luhan which I do believe that has something to do last Saturday. How could you just do that to him as if you didn't cry?!"

Suzy tried to approach the two. "Uhmm...g-guys I--"

"When it comes to Luhan, you always let your heart decide without your mind! How could you be so soft to him?!"

"Chanyeol!" Ji Eun shouted with clenched fists. "Who are you to say that? And why do you even care anyway?"

And that shut Chanyeol up.

It hit him straight on his face which made him realize that she's right. Who is he to barge in her life like that?

Who is he to cross that line?

Suzy held her breath at what Ji Eun said and saw how Chanyeol looked down and without even leaving a word, Chanyeol went upstairs. 

Ji Eun shut her eyes with so much frustration because he absolutely ruined her day and when Suzy noticed it, she clasped her hands together and awkwardly made a laugh.

"Happy Birthday Ji Eun...Heh." Suzy said and clapped her hands.

Ji Eun stared at Suzy and tried to plaster a smile. "Thank you."

Suzy lead Ji Eun to the kitchen where the cake was located and seeing that made Ji Eun smile. 

"It's a gift from me and Myungsoo." Suzy explained, "He told me to greet you a happy birthday."

"This is adorable." Ji Eun said and glued her eyes on the cake. "By the way, where's auntie?"

"She's still at the hospital but she promised me that she'll come home today." Suzy assured and when Ji Eun finally nodded, the both of them decided to taste the cake.

Of course, they saved some for Soo Ri and Chanyeol.

~:~

It was already eleven o'clock in the evening and Soo Ri isn't home yet. Ji Eun and Suzy just finished chatting about today's event when Ji Eun excused herself to get a glass of water.

The night was utterly cold that's why Ji Eun wore a sweater a while ago just to lessen the coldness she's feeling. The house was wrapped in silence when Ji Eun got out of the room that she could almost hear her steps especially when she walked downstairs.

Everything became awkward when she realized that Chanyeol was on the couch while reading a book and when the both of them shared gazes, Chanyeol was the one who looked away.

The girl just rolled her eyes and went straight to the kitchen.

She was pouring some water to a glass when she heard Chanyeol's deep voice called her name which surprised her that she almost let go of the pitcher.

Ji Eun gasped upon seeing his existence in front of her. 

"What?" Ji Eun said with a raised brow after clearing .

Chanyeol's face was serious when he suddenly handed her a pink box that has a petite ribbon on top of it. "For you."

Ji Eun's face suddenly softened and she mentally scolded herself for being so bitter towards him but this moment never crossed her mind. She never thought of receiving any gift from Chanyeol that's why it surprised her so much.

"Oh..." Ji Eun hesitantly took it from him. "Thanks..."

"Happy birthday." Chanyeol mumbled and tried to smile and without even waiting for any response, he walked away and went upstairs along with his book.

Ji Eun blinked and stared at the box that she was holding and with a curious mind, she opened it.

 

It was the charm that she admired a long time ago.


 

Hello,

I would like thank you all the readers of this story. It overwhelms me so much every time I see how many subscribers, upvotes, and comments that this story has because it makes me realize that there's always something wonderful behind every hardwork in writing this story.

Thank you so much for continuously encouraging me.

You, yes you, are a blessing.

 

And I want you to know that I don't bite so if you want someone to talk to, I'm here. Let's be friends. :)

 

Sincerely yours,

FindingSunshine