Unexpected Call

The Peculiar Girl

 

It's already been a year and Chanyeol forgot about Ji Eun and Minah while Luhan did the same that's why in the end, the two of them decided to be together and went on a date by watching Iron Man 3:

{Credits to FACEBOOK EXO K STAFF}

Okay let's get back to the 'real' story now. 

 


 

The three of them went inside and excitement was brewing inside of Ji Eun since it’s her first time to attend a party.

Some of the boys went near them to high five Chanyeol and some of Suzy’s friends welcomed them including Ji Eun since they know her. Myungsoo was scanning the area when he saw the girl he was looking for, making his lips curl up into a smile.

Ji Eun stayed quiet since she doesn’t know what to do and she felt out of place until she saw Myungsoo walking towards her.

“Myungsoo!” She chided with a wave.

Myungsoo gave her a hug and was surprised to see Ji Eun who’s not wearing a typical uniform and he got to admit that she looks cute. “Hey, I was looking for you.”

Chanyeol took a quick glance at the two of them and since he was a boy, he knew that Myungsoo found Ji Eun beautiful just by noticing how he looked at her. He rolled his eyes and went with his circle of friends.

Ji Eun turned around to talk to Suzy when she realized that Suzy was no longer by her side, making her pout. Myungsoo pursed his lips, not knowing what to talk about so he tapped her shoulder.

“Wanna eat?” He asked, even though he already did it a few minutes ago.

Ji Eun smiled with a nod and together, they made their way inside. While the two of them were walking, Ji Eun suddenly saw Suzy hanging out with Kikwang and his friends. She heaved her shoulders because she knew that this party wouldn’t be fun at all because she felt out of place and Suzy was now busy with that boyfriend of hers and Chanyeol was having fun with his friends. The only one she can rely on tonight is Myungsoo and she was fine with that.

The both of them went to the balcony after getting some sodas and took a seat on one of the couches there. Ji Eun looked at the vast night sky and much to her disappointment only a few stars can be seen, making her sigh.

“The sky isn’t bursting with stars tonight.” She muttered after taking a sip from her soda.

Hearing her words, Myungsoo looked up and agreed at what she said. “Yeah…kind of dull huh?”

She heaved her shoulders and nodded before taking a look at the people who’s having fun. To be honest, she doesn’t find this party a party at all maybe because she’s not used to it or maybe she just felt so alone and lonely even though Myungsoo was beside her. Not mentioning the fact that Luhan already went home.

 

~:~

 

Chanyeol was busy chatting with his friends while he kept on looking around, trying to find Ji Eun. He got used to caring at her ever since he knew that she’s not from here besides the fact that’s she’s completely a nincompoop when it comes to this world. Baekhyun let out a joke and all of them laughed while Chanyeol tried to fake a laugh since he didn’t hear what his friend had just said.

He took a sip from his soda when he suddenly spotted someone.

Someone who means the most to him…

Someone whom he loved with all his heart…uhh no, it should be present tense not past tense so scratch that.

Someone who became the reason why his heart shattered…

It was Minah.

He widened his eyes and almost choked himself because of what he just witnessed. It was a surprise to see her here since he doesn’t have the idea when she’ll come back and besides, why would Minah tell him? He’s not her boyfriend anyway.

“You okay?” Suho asked after seeing Chanyeol who almost choked.

He snapped out from his thoughts and glanced at his friend. “Y-yeah I’m okay.”

Not sure of Chanyeol’s answer, Suho just nodded and put his attention again on Baekhyun’s jokes.

Chanyeol quickly settled his soda on the center table and stood up from the couch.

He wants to approach her because he needed an explanation why she left him and he can’t just let go her like that because when he saw her tonight, he still felt his heart beats fast…meaning to say that he still loves her. Chanyeol wants to talk to her because maybe somehow, they can be together again and who knows, maybe there’s a possibility that his broken heart can return to normal again. He was burning with hope because he believes in chances.

Chanyeol roamed around and started to look for Minah…not mentioning the fact that he already forgot Ji Eun. He knew that he was not hallucinating or something because he just saw Minah a while ago and it’s not just an illusion.

He proceeded at the backyard of Dongwoon’s house and there were some people but one of them stood out the most in front of his eyes. It was Minah whose back was facing him but he knew her too well to recognize her even though she’s not looking at him.

With a nervously beating heart and trembling feet, he slowly made his way towards her as he tried to gather a lot of oxygen.

“M-Minah?”

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun just finished drinking her soda and tossed the can inside the nearest garbage can.

“I love sodas…seriously.” She mumbled and wiped the corner of her lips with the back of her hand while Myungsoo agreed on her statement.

“We don’t have this kind of drink in Fantasia.” Ji Eun suddenly said but she was too bored to notice it.

Hearing her unbelievable words, Myungsoo furrowed his brow and looked at her. “Fan…what?”

Realizing what she had just said, Ji Eun widened her eyes and awkwardly scratched her head. “Ohh…forget that. Uhh can you get me another one?” She requested, trying to dodge his question away.

He smiled with a nod and stood up from his seat to get another soda for her which is a relief to Ji Eun.

Ji Eun glued her eyes on Myungsoo as he walked away when she sensed someone behind him and when she turned around, it was Sehun. She knew he was also a student in section A but the two of them aren’t close that’s why having him there with her was kind of unusual.

“Hey Ji Eun,” He greeted with a smile.

Ji Eun also gave him a smile and patted the empty chair beside her, gesturing him to take seat but much to her disappointment, he shook his head. “No it’s okay, I won’t take long anyway.”

“Well alright then. Do you need anything?” She friendly asked.

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck as he fished out his phone from his pocket. “Well actually…I was wondering if you know…if I can get your number.”

Ji Eun let out a grin and took out her phone from her small bag. “Yeah sure. Wait, why do you want to get my number?”

Sehun just shrugged. “Well you know…so that we can be friends.”

Ji Eun chuckled and took his phone from him and started to type her number.

Sehun felt relief as he glanced at her and he can’t deny that her face has pretty features.

“There you go,” Ji Eun said and handed it back to him but when he was about to go, Ji Eun called him and Sehun gave her a questioning look.

“Give me your number too.” Ji Eun said and gave her phone to him.

This was not a part of his plan but he just shrugged and typed his number.

“Here,”

“Great, thanks Sehun.” Ji Eun mumbled and returned her phone inside her bag.

He nodded. “Thanks too. See you around Ji Eun.”

Ji Eun smiled with a nod and Sehun walked away.

As Sehun made his way inside, he started to type a message on his phone.

 

I already got her number. I’ll send it to you.

If you’re sure about this, I hope you got it under control.

 

When he finally finished it, he sent it to his friend along with Ji Eun’s number…he sent it to Luhan.

 

~:~

 

Hearing her name, Minah turned around and widened her eyes when she saw Chanyeol standing in front of her with face full of longing.

“Hey…Chanyeol." She said, almost registered to a whisper.

It was so nice and enchanting to hear his name from her own voice and Chanyeol found himself in front of a large silent theater and her voice was the only sound but it didn’t matter to him because it’s enough for him and hearing her voice is a perfect melody to his ears.

He let out a smile. “You already came back…how was Japan?”

She pursed her lips and nodded. “It was okay.”

Chanyeol found it hard to look at her in the eyes but he did it anyway. “H-how’re you?”

“I’m fine I guess…how about you?” Minah replied.

He bit back a smile. He was somehow hurt when she said that she’s fine after they broke up while Chanyeol, on the other hand, felt so depressed and incomplete and he knew that the reason is the absence of Minah in his life.

“Well, I think I’m fine too.” He lied.

Sensing the uncomfortable atmosphere between them, Minah heaved her shoulders. “I need to go.”

She was about to turn around when Chanyeol suddenly held her wrist. “Wait,”

Minah gave him a questioning look even though she really wants to go because she wants Chanyeol to forget about her because maybe she doesn’t want him to get hurt if he knew that she still likes Luhan.

“I…I want to talk to you.” Chanyeol mumbled.

Minah sighed. “There’s nothing much to talk about Chanyeol…”

“No…your explanation before isn’t enough. I wanted to know why…Is it about me? Is there something wrong that I did?” He asked, wanting to know the reason why.

Minah shut her eyes close and inhaled deeply before opening it again. “Chanyeol please…Just let go okay?”

Hearing her words, Chanyeol tried to bit back a smile even though he wanted to hide in his own shell and cry. “I…can’t…Minah…we can still have a chance…right?”

Minah wanted to slap him and tell that there will never be ‘we’ because she still loves Luhan but she can’t because there’s a part of her that cares for Chanyeol and how he feels.

She just let out a sigh and yanked his hand before walking away from him.

Chanyeol clenched his fist. She didn’t make a reply that’s why he thought that there’s a probability that they can be together again. He just got to hold on.

 

~:~

 

“I don’t see this as a party…” Ji Eun mumbled. It’s already been an hour and she had to admit that she was being bored to death.

Myungsoo was surprised at her frank statement. “Oh…why?”

“It’s just that…it’s boring and I don’t have my friends with me.” Ji Eun replied before letting out a sigh.

“But you have me.” Myungsoo said, trying to shoo away her sadness.

Ji Eun chuckled. “No it’s not that…I mean, Suzy and Chanyeol. They kind of became my friends too.”

Myungsoo put his left hand on his chest and pretended that he was hurt. “You mean, I’m not your friend?”

With a chuckle, Ji Eun lightly slapped his arm. “Whatever.”

And after a few minutes, the two of them are laughing because Myungsoo was trying his best to make Ji Eun happy.

Chanyeol frustratingly went inside the house after talking with Minah and decided to go to the balcony to get some fresh air and to ease his mind as well.

As soon as he entered, he quickly saw Ji Eun laughing with Myungsoo as if they don’t have a care in the world around them. Chanyeol was too depressed and angry about what happened a while ago and when he saw these two, he didn’t know why but he became more frustrated.

While laughing, Ji Eun caught a glimpse of Chanyeol and she suddenly widened her eyes. “Chanyeol!”

She quickly stood up from her seat, leaving Myungsoo and went towards him while Chanyeol was just wearing a blank expression. “I want to go home now.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “You’re still having fun with Myungsoo and you want to go home?” He muttered and walked away.

Ji Eun glared at him as she followed behind. “Hey you, he’s my only friend here tonight because you and Suzy are busy with your friends that you even forgot about my existence.”

Chanyeol thought that she was right and he knew that she was disappointed especially to Suzy since she already became obscure since she’s always with Kikwang.

Before he could even make a reply, Ji Eun went outside the house and sat on one of the chairs outside.

Chanyeol sighed and followed her.

Her arms were crossed above her chest while her face was written with disappointment and loneliness.

“I’ll call mom.” He muttered as he stood beside her while Ji Eun just ignored his presence when she felt something vibrating inside her small bag. With a wrinkled brow, she opened it and realized that it was her phone. She took a look at it and realized that someone was calling but it was unknown since it’s only a number. Ji Eun stared at it for a while and returned it inside her bag, telling herself not to answer it.

“She’ll be here in a few minutes.” Chanyeol said when he took a seat beside her.

“Will Suzy come home with us?” She asked even though she probably knew that it will be a ‘no’.

Chanyeol shook his head, making Ji Eun heaved her shoulders.

“I have something to tell you…” Chanyeol suddenly mumbled.

“Go on,” Ji Eun said with a gesture and looked at him.

Chanyeol fixed his eyes on the ground. “I talked to Minah a while ago.”

When realization hit her, Ji Eun widened her eyes. “Your girlfriend?”

“Ex…girlfriend.” Chanyeol corrected even though it hurts him a lot to say that word.

Ji Eun just nodded even though she didn’t get what he meant. “What did you say?”

“I asked if we can still be together.”

Ji Eun suddenly clasped her hands together. “See! I knew you’ll have a happy ever after with her.”

His lips curl up into a smile. “I guess so…but she didn’t answer me because she just walked away. But maybe it’s a yes.”

Ji Eun placed her hand on his shoulder. “I’m sure that you’ll be together again. There’s always another chance.”

Chanyeol nodded, finding happiness in their conversation.

“But when you became together again, don’t forget about me just like what Suzy did okay?” Ji Eun said.

He looked at her. “Ji Eun, you have to understand that Suzy’s world doesn’t always revolve around you. Sometimes, she’ll face her other privacy without you but of course you’re still her friend.”

Ji Eun scrunched her nose. “Whatever.”

“Not everyone will always be with you.  You need to learn to be independent.” Chanyeol said, earning a sigh from Ji Eun.

“Don’t be mad at her anymore okay?” He asked.

Ji Eun just shrugged and nodded in hesitation when Soo Ri’s car finally appeared in front of Dongwoon’s house.

Ji Eun quickly stood up from her seat along with Chanyeol. “Wait, I’ll say bye to my friends first.” He said.

Hearing his words, Ji Eun remembered Myungsoo. “Me too.”

The both of them went inside and Chanyeol went to the living room to bid his farewell.

After a few minutes, Ji Eun walked around and spotted Myungsoo checking out the books inside the shelf.

“Myungsoo!”

He turned around and saw Ji Eun walked towards him. “I need to go.”

 Myungsoo nodded and patted her head. “Okay, have a good night.”

“Thank you,” Ji Eun sincerely said before going outside.

Chanyeol was already in the car when she entered and Chanyeol told Soo Ri that Suzy will not come with them.

 

~:~

 

When they finally got home, Ji Eun took a night bath before proceeding to her room while Chanyeol decided to read another book in the living room.

Ji Eun laid herself on her bed after fishing out her phone from her bag and realized that there are already thirteen missed calls by an unknown number. She scrunched her nose and put it beside her pillow.

Thirty minutes had passed and Soo Ri was already in her room while Chanyeol stayed in the living room to watch a random show because he wanted to wait for Suzy. After a few minutes of waiting, the doorbell rang and Chanyeol sighed in relief.

He opened it and greeted Suzy when she finally went inside. “You went home with?”

“With Hana since his dad picked her up so I decided to join.” She replied as she removed her heels.

“How was the party to you?” He asked as he locked the door.

Her lips curled up into a smile. “It was fun of course!”

“To Ji Eun, it’s not.” Chanyeol suddenly said.

With a wrinkled brow, Suzy looked at him. “Why?”

“She’s starting to hate you because you’re always with Kikwang.”

Suzy widened her eyes. “What?”

“Don’t worry, I already talked to her. You know what kind of a girl she is, she’s clueless when it comes to reality. I want you to apologize to her okay?”

Suzy nodded with a smile and went upstairs.

When she opened the door, Ji Eun was seated on her bed while looking at the sky through the window. Ji Eun turned her head and when she realized that it was Suzy, she just ignored her.

“Ji Eun…” Suzy mumbled as she slowly sat beside her.

Hearing her name, Ji Eun pretended she didn’t hear anything and continued to look at the dull black sky.

“I’m sorry for not being there with you always.” Suzy apologetically said, hoping that Ji Eun will accept it.

Ji Eun averted her gaze to the floor with a sigh. “I’m sorry too…”

Suzy gave her a questioning look.

“Sorry for being so dramatic. It’s just that…you’re my very first friend here.” Ji Eun mumbled.

“I’m always you’re friend Ji Eun. But sometimes you need to understand that I’m not always beside you.” Suzy replied as she placed her hand on Ji Eun’s back.

“I’m suffocating you huh?” Ji Eun asked.

Suzy chuckled. “Kind of but I know you’ll change and understand.”

The both of them smiled and together, they hugged. Ji Eun felt warmth and she knew that this is another lesson that she learned.

 Ji Eun’s phone suddenly vibrated, disturbing the two of them. Ji Eun crawled towards to get it and realized that it’s the unknown number again.

“Why aren’t you answering it?” Suzy asked as she went beside her and looked at the number.

Ji Eun furrowed her brow. “I don’t know who’s this.”

“Then answer it and ask.” Suzy replied.

Ji Eun heaved her shoulders and pressed her phone on her ears. “Hello?”

Ji Eun?

Ji Eun looked at Suzy. “Who’s this?”

Oh…it’s Luhan.”

Hearing his response, Ji Eun suddenly widened her eyes as she felt the beating of her heart.

“Luhan?”

A wide grin quickly appeared on Suzy’s face and took Ji Eun’s phone and the loudspeaker.

After that, she returned it to Ji Eun and gestured her to continue.

“W-why did you call? And where did you get my number?” Ji Eun nervously asked while Suzy grabbed a pillow from behind and hugged it. Suzy was feeling giddy inside as if she was Ji Eun but it’s normal though because she knew that Ji Eun likes Luhan.

Luhan: I got it from a…friend. Why aren’t you answering my calls?

Ji Eun: Oh sorry it’s just that I didn’t know who it was.

Luhan: It’s okay, at least you already answered it…hey I want to ask you something.

Ji Eun: What?

Luhan: Are you free tomorrow?

Suzy widened her eyes as if she knew the reason why Luhan called. She tightened her grip around the pillow with a grin.

Ji Eun: It’s Saturday so…yeah.

Luhan: You want to come with me tomorrow?

Ji Eun: O-of course.

Luhan: Great, I’ll pick you up at twelve noon then?

Ji Eun: S-sure.

Luhan: It’s a date then. Thanks, bye. Have a good night.

He already hung up and Ji Eun was still holding her phone. Suzy suddenly buried her face on the pillow and screamed. After that she held Ji Eun’s shoulders. “Dancing goblins! Luhan called you!”

Ji Eun looked at Suzy for a moment and then she screamed with her as if the two of them won a lottery.

“Luhan called me! Wait, I’ll save his number.” Ji Eun said.

After that, the both of them are jumping up and down on the bed. “He said that it’ll be a date! I told you you’ll get his attention because you look pretty at the party!”

Ji Eun suddenly stopped herself from jumping. “What is a date?”

Suzy stopped herself from laughing and scrunched her nose. “You don’t know what is a date?!”

Ji Eun innocently shook her head, earning a sigh from Suzy.

“What kind of a world is Fantasia…” Suzy muttered.

Ji Eun just shrugged when Suzy held Ji Eun’s shoulders. “A date means that you two will go somewhere like for example, a restaurant and there are only the two of you.”

Ji Eun widened her eyes. “No way,”

“Yes way,” Suzy said.

“He asked you to go out with him because he likes you!” Suzy said and shook Ji Eun while holding her shoulders.

Realizing what a date is, Ji Eun made a wide grin and felt that she could burst at any moment and the two of them started to scream.

 

~:~

 

Luhan stared at his phone for a while. There’s no turning back now.

His pride and ego overcame him that’s why he’s doing this. He wants to hurt Minah just like what she did to him a few years ago. Yes of course he loves her but he can’t just come back to her as if he wasn’t hurt. He wanted to let Minah know how it felt when the one you love already has someone else.

He’ll come back to her but not now because he doesn’t want Minah to just take something that she wants so easily. Yes he knew that what he was doing is wrong.

He knew that revenge is never right but this time, he needs to do it just to let her know how much she hurt him.

It was all unbelievable and ridiculous but he already did it and there’s no turning back now.

He was full of anger that he didn’t even think that he’ll be playing with someone’s feelings.

 

~:~

 

The two girls are still lost in Loveland and are still screaming when someone knocked on their door.

Suzy giggled and decided to open it, revealing Chanyeol with an annoyed face.

“What the heck is wrong with you two? Go to sleep.” He ordered.

Suzy was still wearing a grin on her face as she shook her head. “We can’t.”

“Why?”

Suzy inhaled deeply and held Chanyeol’s arms, surprising him. “You’re scaring me , Suzy.”

“We can’t sleep because we’re happy okay? Bec—“

“Luhan asked me to go on a date tomorrow!” Ji Eun suddenly cut with face that has a color of crimson.

His ears perked up and looked at Ji Eun who’s happily bouncing at that moment.

He was trying to collect what she had just said and after some seconds, realization hit him and Chanyeol’s eyes suddenly widened.

“HE WHAT?!”

 


Hello,

Sorry for not updating. It's just that my family and I did a lot of things. And good news, my school's first day was moved so it will be on June 17 instead of June 14 so that means we will have more time for each other! *throws confetti*
Sorry if I'm kind of crazy right now, it's just that I'm hungry so I need to go.:)
By the way, before I'll have a date with food, did you guys already hear the song
'Peter Pan' of EXO? 
I don't know, it just reminds me of this story since it's about fairtytales and stuffs like Neverland. Haha. I guess the theme song of this story is Peter Pan then? :D Okay, I'm crazy. Bye.

 

Yours with a grumbling tummy,
FindingSunshine