Two sisters

The Peculiar Girl

The early rays of sun glowed through my windows, making my eyes squint as I wake up.

Ugh, Juniel tied up the curtains again. I lazily stood up and went towards my window.

Before untying the red curtains, I take a look about what’s happening outside from the window.

The trees we’re shimmering because of the dewdrops on their leaves. I guess the water fairies worked early today.

Birds were singing as they relax on their nests while the wind makes this peaceful sound that soothes my mind. I take a look down the street, my room’s on the second floor.

There’s the fat baker named Mr. George. He’s not fat, he’s obese! But his cookies are not bad though. They’re actually great and I usually steal them whenever he believes my foolish talks that are actually not true. There’s this girl named Yoona who is usually called Snow White. Well, yeah she has this milky skin but she’s actually a crazy girl. She always sings, “I’ve been dreaming of a true love’s kiss.”

The villagers love it every time she does that but to me, it makes me sick to my stomach. Can’t they see that she’s a crazy girl?!

Okay, enough with the village scanning. I’ll look for my next target later.

I closed my windows and untied the curtains, making my room darker. I was about to slump on my bed when someone knocked on my door.

“Hey my sister…” A voice whispered, probably Juniel.

I half opened the door and popped out my head for her to see me, “Did you know that I’m about to slump on my bed when you suddenly interrupted?”

Juniel smiles, “Breakfast is ready.”

“breakfast is ready…” I mimicked with an irritating face, “whatever”

Juniel still wears this annoying smiley-face as if I didn’t bother her, “I’ll wait for you.”

She went down the stairs. Ugh, how come this sister of mine doesn’t get mad?!

I combed my hair before going down.

Loaves and two mugs of milk are settled on the table, a typical breakfast of a villager in Fantasia.

“I’m going to the castle today sister.” Juniel said after she sat on the chair.

“Okay.” I simply replied.

“Don’t you want to come?” She asks with these glimmering eyes.

“Oh please, you think you can convince me with that cutesy eyes of yours?” I rolled my eyes and took a sip from my mug.

“It’s just that my prince and I will gonna talk about our coming wedding.”

“I don’t care.” I responded as if it’s not that important.

“Please?”

I rolled my eyes, “No”

“Please?”

“I can’t Juniel. I’m having an appointment.” I replied as I put a strawberry jam on my bread.

Juniel’s smile suddenly faded away and sighed, she looks disappointed. There was a pang in my heart when I saw her unreadable face.

“Ugh, okay. What if I’ll just help you get ready?” I mumbled, I can’t believe I fell into this goodness trap of my sister.

Her eyes suddenly shimmered, “Of course!”

~:~

A few hours later, when the sun is finally settling above, Juniel is sitting on a wooden chair in front of the mirror while I’m standing beside her, combing her long chestnut hair.

“Ohmy…what will I say to the king and queen?” Juniel asks nervously as she looks at me through the mirror.

“Just relax, tell them that you and prince Dongwoon love each other and there’s no freakin’ way that they can’t disagree.” I replied, pinning a pink flower on the back of her hair.

“You think so?” She asked, while sliding the half-sliced strawberry on her lips. Making her lips absorbed the reddish color.

“Oh please” I rolled my eyes, “I’ll destroy the kingdom’s castle if they won’t agree.”

Juniel sighs, “Please stop that evil acts Ji Eun…”

“It’s my life Juniel so shut up.” I demanded, “Besides, I’m like this ever since I was born. No one can change that. It’s like…uhmm..my asset.”

“You’re wrong…you can do it if you’re willing to change.” She pointed out.

“Stop this insignificant topic Juniel.” I ordered.

“I just can’t accept the fact that half of the villagers don’t like my sister…” She mumbles.

I stayed quiet and felt a crack in my heart.

“It hurts me…” She continued while fixing her gaze on the wooden floor.

“You know I love you.” She whispered, looking at me through the mirror.

I smiled and felt this tingly feeling, knowing that someone actually cares for me.

~*~*~*~*~

Even though Ji Eun is a complete bad to everyone’s eyes, she also has an innocent and afraid girl hiding inside her. Only Juniel notices that since the Villagers judge too quickly.

But Ji Eun is also a typical woman who longs for love and attention. There are times when she feels that her heart is being stabbed whenever the people give her this cold look that could almost devour her.

Their parents are living on the other side of the kingdom. There’s a minor kingdom law that whenever the children reach the age of eighteen, they need to learn how to live without their parents. In that way, they’ll acquire the attitude of being an independent character. Only a few people abide that law since it’s not that really important. Since Juniel and Ji Eun’s parents want them to be a character that’s full of confidence, they obeyed that rule. Yes, there are times when they miss their parents but they visit them whenever they long for their parents’ love.

 

 

~:~

 

A few moments later, a grand carriage with two white horses was at the front of their house, waiting for Juniel.

“They’re here!” Juniel scampered full of excitement.

I opened the door and saw the carriage driver wearing a frightened face when he saw me.

Do I look like a girl who’s dripping with blood?

“What’s your problem?” I sneered with a wrinkled brow.

~:~

The carriage driver gulped heavily because the pain in the of the village is standing in front of him.

He struggled with words to say while beads of sweat we’re rolling down from his forehead, “Uh..n-no..ahem..n-nothing..”

Ji Eun nodded just before Juniel stepped outside.

She reached for Ji Eun’s hands and smiled, “Hope the king and queen will like me.”

Ji Eun squeezed her hand, “It’ll be fine…Trust me”

Juniel felt a boost of confidence rushing inside of her. She likes it whenever her sister assures that everything will be alright.

She went in the carriage and gave her sister a sweet flying kiss, making Ji Eun smile.

When they finally left, Ji Eun closed the door and sighed, blaming herself that she can’t come with Juniel. The fact is, she doesn’t really have an appointment. She’s just scared that what if the King and Queen won’t accept Juniel because of her. Every one knows that she’s a complete bad . She’s afraid to see Juniel’s sad face and she don’t want her sister to be embarrassed. The thought that Juniel won’t forgive her scares Ji Eun. So she decided that it’s best to stay away.