Conservative Chanyeol

The Peculiar Girl

 

There’s a party at Dongwoon’s house tonight at six thirty. Juniors and seniors are invited. Will you come?” Myungsoo said. It was their PE class and all of them were given to have a free time outside so Ji Eun just settled herself on the field after playing Volleyball with some classmates. Myungsoo just finished playing Basketball with his friends and decided to hang out beside her.

“A party?” Ji Eun asked as she squint her eyes because of the sun.

Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah, it’s at Dongwoon’s house. You should come.”

“I don’t know even know where that is.” Ji Eun muttered, scratching her head.

He just shrugged and plucked some blades of grass. “Well I think Chanyeol will come so go with him then.”

Ji Eun smiled with a nod. “Okay, I’ll try to come.”

“Don’t try. Do it. It will be fun.” Myungsoo replied, convincing Ji Eun to come.

She rolled her eyes and lightly slapped his arm. “Peter Pan’s treasure, I’ll think of it okay?”

Myungsoo heaved his shoulders. “Whatever anyway, Peter Pan’s treasure? Huh?”

Seeing her confused look, Ji Eun chuckled. “It’s just an expression.”

“Well that’s odd. Girls usually say oh my gosh or something.” Myungsoo said, giving a feminine tone when he said the word ‘oh my gosh’.

Ji Eun shrugged. “But mine’s better.”

Myungsoo chuckled as he shook his head. “I guess…but I tell you, it’s weird.”

The two of them played rock, paper and scissors to spend their remaining time and when the bell finally rang, the both of them hurriedly went to the Cafeteria with a race but since being humble is important to Myungsoo, he let her win.

Ji Eun ate her snacks alone in the garden since Myungsoo said that he’ll be with his friends and Ji Eun agreed since she knew that it’s his life anyway and she can’t control his choices so she decided to just go at the school’s garden with hopes that Luhan might be there but much to her disappointment, he wasn’t there. She let out a sigh and took a seat on the bench with a pout. She should’ve taken her snacks with Suzy but then again, she saw her with her so called boyfriend so she spent her break time alone.

 

~:~

 

When their teacher finally announced that it’s already their dismissal, Ji Eun cleaned her table and went out of the classroom with Chanyeol.

“Will you come at Dongwoon’s house tonight?” Ji Eun questioned while the two of them were walking through the hallway.

Chanyeol shrugged. “I guess so. Why? You want to come?”

“Well…yeah. Myungsoo told me that it’ll be fun.” She mumbled.

“Okay, let’s go together then. I think Suzy will come too.” Chanyeol responded.

Ji Eun widened her eyes. “Really?”

Chanyeol nodded and the both of them went out of the school’s gate to proceed at the waiting area.

“But first, let’s ask for mom’s permission first.” Chanyeol said, earning a vehement nod from Ji Eun.

Suzy was nowhere to be found in the waiting area when the both of them sat on the bench.

“She’s still not here.” Chanyeol mumbled.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes and looked at her shoes. “Oh c’mon she’s probably still spending time with her boyfriend.”

His ears perked up when Ji Eun let out an exaggerated tone when she mentioned the last word but he just shrugged it off and became indolent to make a reply.

“Do you like the fact that she already has a boyfriend?” Ji Eun asked.

“Well…it’s not bad for me though since it’s her life but I don’t like Kikwang for her.” Chanyeol replied before letting out a sigh.

Ji Eun furrowed her brow and glanced at him. “Why?”

“Well it’s just that I want her to have a boyfriend that has respect when it comes to her family. Ever since Suzy and I talked about her relationship, I waited for Kikwang to talk to me since I’m kind of her brother but every time I saw him, he’ll just walk pass me as if he doesn’t know me.” Chanyeol muttered.

Ji Eun nodded in understanding and let him continue.

“Besides, he should visit our house and have a talk with mom. But looks like doing those things aren’t in his mind that’s why I was disappointed. Anyway, it’s Suzy’s choice and I can’t change that. I think all I can do is to be there for her and protect her if ever that Kikwang guy broke her heart.” Chanyeol said.

Ji Eun chuckled as she patted his shoulder since she knew that he really loves Suzy just by knowing their stories that Soo Ri told her.

Chanyeol shrugged away her hands as if she’s some kind of bacteria. “I’m serious. I don’t want her to feel what I’ve felt when the love of my life left me.”

She saw the seriousness basked on his face and she knew that their conversations is kind of sensitive that’s why she just let out an awkward laugh when she saw Suzy walking out from the school’s gate with her boyfriend. She just stared at them while mentally cursing Kikwang for stealing suzy from her.

She saw the both of them talked before parting their ways and Suzy happily run towards them.

“She’s here…” Ji Eun whispered while Chanyeol just shrugged.

“Hi guys.” Suzy greeted with a smile and sat beside Ji Eun, hoping that the atmosphere between her and Ji Eun is finally okay.

Ji Eun just gave her a smile, making Suzy pout. “Ji Eun, are you mad at me?”

Chanyeol glanced at Ji Eun, wanting to know her answer because he sensed Ji Eun’s disappointment towards Suzy ever since the two of them talked when the they were on their way home using a bike.

Ji Eun just shrugged and looked at her. “No, I’m just…you know, tired.”

Finding satisfaction in her answer, Suzy giggled and quickly gave her a hug when a honk disturbed them, signaling the three of them that Soo Ri’s car is finally there.

Suzy entered first and when Ji Eun is about to enter, Chanyeol mumbled something. “I told you to embrace the truth.”

Ji Eun’s ears perked up and looked at Chanyeol with an apologetic face. “I know but sometimes, it’s hard.”

Chanyeol just shook his head and opened the door beside the passenger’s seat.

There was silence inside the car when Ji Eun tried to break it. “Uhh…auntie?”

Soo Ri looked at Ji Eun through the rearview mirror. “Mm?”

“Well…uhh…there’s a party tonight…can I come?” Ji Eun asked, with hopes that Soo Ri will agree.

Hearing her words, Suzy widened her eyes. “You want to go to the party? I’ll go there too you know.”

“Really?” Ji Eun surprisingly chided.

Suzy vehemently nodded her head. “Yeah, Kikwang is a close friend of Dongwoon that’s why I should come.”

Hearing her reason and the name of that guy who became the boundary of her and Suzy, Ji Eun heaved her shoulders. “Ohh…right.”

“As long as Chanyeol is going with you two, you can come.” Soo Ri stated and the two girls quickly averted their gazes to the boy who’s seated on the passenger’s seat.

“Chanyeol, you’ll come right?” Ji Eun hopefully asked.

He nodded. “Yeah sure…”

Ji Eun clasped her hands together with eyes full of success. “Yes!”

 

~:~

 

“Suzy…what will I wear?” Ji Eun asked, having a hard time rummaging her closet.

Suzy averted her gaze to Ji Eun. “You can wear a dress or something.”

“Can you help me?” Ji Eun suggested as she scratched her head because she clearly has no idea when it comes to parties here in this world.

Suzy giggled with a nod and went towards her own closet. “Yeah sure, you can borrow some of my clothes. Wait, I’ll find something that suits you.”

After a minute of rummaging and having a war with the clothes in the closet, Suzy’s eyes glimmered and handed a short red dress to Ji Eun.

Ji Eun widened her eyes as she glanced at it. “This is a dress?!”

Suzy nodded. “Why? Is something wrong?”

Ji Eun tried to check it out and realized that’s just above her knee. “But this so short. In Fantasia, our dresses are long that it even met our feet.”

Suzy rolled her eyes and patted Ji Eun’s shoulder. “But you’re not in Fantasia. Go on try it out.”

Ji Eun heaved her shoulders, thinking that Suzy has a point but however, she’s not used in wearing this kind of dress but she just shrugged the thought away and went out of the room and entered the bathroom.

“How will I wear this…” Ji Eun muttered as she looked at the dress.

Chanyeol just finished the book called ‘The Shack’ by William Young when he decided to went upstairs so he can prepare himself for the party tonight. He grabbed his blue towel hanging on his closet and walked towards the bath room. He turned the knob but much to his disappointment, it was locked.

Scratching his head, he leaned against the wall beside the door and waited.

After a few minutes, Ji Eun just finished herself and she had to admit that it made her uncomfortable because the dress was short and she felt like she’s or something.

She bit her lip as she went out of the bathroom only to be surprised when she suddenly saw Chanyeol, making her almost jumped in shock. “Oh Goblins…you gave me a fright.”

Chanyeol just shrugged when he suddenly realized what Ji Eun was wearing.

His eyes travelled from her head to her feet and Chanyeol found himself blushing so he quickly shrugged it off. “Ji Eun, what are you wearing?!”

She flinched and let out an awkward laugh as she tried to pull down the edge of her red dress. “B-but Suzy told m—“

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in frustration and walked towards Suzy’s room. He knocked for a few seconds and when Suzy finally opened it, Chanyeol flicked her forehead.

“Hey what was that for?” Suzy grumbled.

“What did you just do to Ji Eun?” Chanyeol annoyingly asked, giving a glare to Suzy.

Suzy turned her head to the side and saw Ji Eun, making her eyes glimmer. “What? It’s cute.”

“Cute? That dress is short!” Chanyeol chided.

Hearing his words, Suzy wrinkled her brow. “Huh? Short? What’s the matter with you? You see, for us girls, dresses like that aren’t short.” She said and patted his shoulder but Chanyeol shrugged it away.

“I don’t care. Don’t let Ji Eun wear that thing.” He responded.

Suzy heaved her shoulders and found disbelief in Chanyeol’s point of view. “No way, that dress suits her perfectly and she looks pretty. Who knows, maybe Luhan will like her.”

Ji Eun blushed at Suzy’s statement but Chanyeol, on the other hand, flicked Suzy’s forehead for the second time. “Eish. Can’t you see she’s uncomfortable? Go change it.”

Suzy vehemently shook her head. “No…”

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in annoyance. “Change it or else…I won’t come to the party so that mom won’t let the two of you go.”

Hearing his threat, Suzy gave him a glare and huffed in disbelief. “Okay! Fine! C’mon Ji Eun…”

Ji Eun quickly went to Suzy’s room and Suzy closed the door with a bang.

Chanyeol sighed and walked towards the bathroom to prepare himself.

 

~:~

 

It was already six thirty in the evening when Ji Eun and Suzy went downstairs while Soo Ri and Chanyeol were already at the car, waiting for the two girls. Soo Ri decided to drove them to Dongwoon’s house since they’re already late.

Ji Eun left the house and stood behind Suzy as she locked the door. After that, the both of them spun around and went towards the car.

Chanyeol settled himself on the passenger’s seat and was busying himself by listening to some songs through his iPod when he saw two figures walking towards the car from the corner of his eyes, making him turn to his right and looked outside through the window.

 

He saw Suzy looking cute as always and his eyes quickly averted to Ji Eun, checking out what she’s wearing since Suzy and himself had a little quarrel about Ji Eun’s dress. However, Ji Eun was still wearing the same red dress but this time, she was wearing a leggings so he just let it pass since it somehow didn’t reveal much of her skin. Well he got to admit that the dress suits her but it’s just that Ji Eun’s face and stature somehow looks innocent and wearing short dresses doesn’t match her naïve personality and besides, Chanyeol doesn’t like it when girls wear very short dresses or whatever. Seeing Ji Eun a while ago with that dress made him blush but it’s just that he knew that Ji Eun would attract a lot of men and he doesn’t want that.

The two girls went inside the car and Soo Ri gave a compliment to them, making the girls chuckle.

Chanyeol continued to listen to his iPod when his gaze averted to Ji Eun through the rearview mirror and he was somehow surprised that she was wearing some make-up. Suzy straightened Ji Eun's hair more, making it longer and her face was basked in make-up but it suits her though and Chanyeol felt his blood rushing. He cleared his throat and managed to look at the houses they passed by through the mirror, trying hard to not turn his gaze to the rearview mirror anymore.

 

 


In case you want to have an idea what she's wearing, click here