Stronger Bond

The Peculiar Girl

Ji Eun stayed at the Clinic for the whole day and when it's already dismissal time, Chanyeol made his way towards Suzy's classroom.

He took a peek and saw her putting some notebooks inside her pink bag. 

Chanyeol gave her a nod as soon as she stepped out. 

"Hey! I won't go home with you today." She informed as she looked to her right, somehow waiting for someone.

Hearing her sudden statement, Chanyeol wrinkled his brow. "Oh c'mon. Why?"

"We have a research project so I'll go to my partner's house so we can pass it as early as possible."

Chanyeol suspiciously looked at her. "Is your partner a girl?"

Suzy rolled her eyes as if it's the most stupid question she's ever heard. "Of course it's a girl. Duhh."

He stared at her for a minute before sighing with a nod. "Alright, I'll tell mom."

"I already told her." Suzy pointed out when someone called her name, causing the two of them to look to their right.

There was a girl with short hair that has an eyeglasses just like what Harry Potter wears.

"Well she's here now. See ya later!" Suzy said as she tapped his arm before walking away from him.

After that, Chanyeol somehow found himself in front of the classroom of Section B seniors. He took a peek but disappointment flooded him when he saw that it's already empty. With a sigh, he walked away, hoping that Minah will be safe while on her way home.

The school's quadrangle was full of students who just got out from their classroom and their faces show relief as if they just got out from a jail after being stuck there for almost a lifetime. Chanyeol was only a few steps away from the school's gate when someone's name suddenly crossed his mind. Without hesitation, he turned away and ran to the Clinic.
When he finally reached his destination, he stood by the door and panted as he tightened his grip around the strap of his bag.

He gently twisted the knob before seeing Ji Eun sitting on the bed with white blankets. 

Noticing the sudden open of the door, Ji Eun averted her gaze from the window and saw a boy with bronze hair that always has a crooked smile.
Seeing his existence right before her eyes, Ji Eun's lips curled up. "Hey Chanyeol."

He gave her a nod as he walked towards her and sat beside her. "How're you feeling?"

The girl shrugged. "I'm still having trouble walking independently."

"You want me to accompany you? Mom won't pick us today 'cause she'll be staying in the hospital overnight." He informed and took a glimpse at the bandage wrapped around her right foot.

Hearing his statement, she cocked her head to the side. "Oh I see...then how will we go home then?"

"Ride a bus of course." He replied.

"The one that we rode when we went to the mall?" 

Chanyeol nodded as a response and stood up. "Let's g--"

"But how am I supossed to ride there?" She questioned and glanced at her injured ankle.

He rolled his eyes. "I told you that I'll accompany you remember?"

Ji Eun shook her head. "But it'll be hard for you."

"Nah it's okay." 

"Bu--"

"Maaan Ji Eun, stop with the buts." He muttered as he scratched his head.

She puffed her cheeks. Ji Eun was somehow starting to feel that she doesn't want to be a burden to someone but she was too oblivious to notice it.

"C'mon," Chanyeol said and gently held her shoulders, helping her to stand up.

With a hint of hesitation, Ji Eun slowly stood up and suddenly winced quietly when she felt the pain again while Chanyeol transferred his hands on her arms.

"I tell you, it'll be hard. It can take us an hour just to go home." Ji Eun mumbled as she made another slow step along with Chanyeol since he's supporting her.

"So? I can handle it."

"Wait, we still need to go back to the classroom. My bag's in there." 

"Alright" Chanyeol said with a nod but just before they could go outside, the door suddenly opened, revealing Luhan.

The two of them stopped and Ji Eun felt Chanyeol's hands on her arms loose its grip. 

"Oh hey Luhan," She greeted and her eyes travelled on the bag he's holding. It was hers. 

With that realization of hers, her heart warmed up.

Luhan gave a slight smile and walked towards the both of them. 

"What're you doing here?" Luhan questioned Chanyeol.

"Picking her up of course,"

Luhan just shrugged. "You shouldn't have to. I'm here anyway but thanks though."

With that statement of his, he nodded at Chanyeol's hands wrapped around her arm, causing Chanyeol to remove it and let Luhan do it.

"So how're you feeling?" Luhan asked Ji Eun as he gently supported her.

She gave him an assuring smile. "I'm kind of alright now but it still hurts but not that much unlike a while ago."

He didn't reply back and the both of them slowly made their way to the school's gate.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, was just tagging along behind them and every time he fixes his gaze on the couple, he somehow finds himself swallowing a lump in his throat.

When they finally reached outside of the campus, Luhan's driver was already there along with the car.

Chanyeol was about to part his way when Ji Eun called his name, causing him to turn around. "Yeah?"

"Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Home," 

"You should come along with us. Luhan wouldn't mind. Right Luhan?" She asked, turning to Luhan.

He just shrugged. "Yeah, it's no big deal."

Chanyeol wanted to disagree but for the sake of Ji Eun, he found himself seated at the backseat along with Ji Eun after a few minutes.

The ride was completely wrapped by dead silence and Ji Eun somehow sensed it but even though she has a cheery soul, she was too tired and too lazy to shrug away the quietness.

Chanyeol felt it has been a life time when they finally reached the front of their house so when the car finally came to a stop, he quickly opened the door and went out. He was about to open the door behind Ji Eun so he could help her but seeing Luhan who just got out from his car, he stopped himself and fish out the key inside his pocket as he walked towards the gate.

When he finally opened it, he turned to the both of them. "I'll help her now,"

Luhan nodded and let Chanyeol held Ji Eun's arm.

And for the first time after a long while, Chanyeol looked at Luhan with a hint of sincerity. "Thanks,"

 

~:~

 

Chanyeol gently settled Ji Eun on the long couch after getting her bag from her. "I'll take this to your room."

"Alright, thanks." 

Before he could walk away, he stopped himself from his tracks and then he suddenly kneeled in front of her along with her bag, making Ji Eun scrunched her brow. 

He then, untied the laces of her running shoes. Seeing his action, Ji Eun widened her eyes. "No no it's okay, I can handle it."

Chanyeol just ignored her and continued.

"C'mon Chanyeol, I didn't injure my hand so let me do it." Ji Eun said but since he didn't reply, Ji Eun sighed and accepted her defeat.

When Chanyeol removed her shoe, he made a sour look on his face. "Man, it stinks."

Ji Eun grimaced and lightly slapped his shoulders while Chanyeol just chuckled as he shook his head.

When he's finally done, he grabbed the shoes and stood up. 

"Thanks again," Ji Eun mumbled as he looked at him who went towards the shoe rack and placed hers on it.

After that, Chanyeol went upstairs and walked straight to the girls' bedroom and put Ji Eun's bag on top of the bed with yellow blankets.

When he finally finished changing his clothes, he went downstairs and saw Ji Eun still on her seating position. 

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" 

"Kind of," She replied.

After hearing her response, he went straight to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to get two bags of chips and a big bottle of Coca-cola.

He placed all of it on the center table while Ji Eun grabbed one of the bag of chips and opened it.

"I'll go get some glasses," Chanyeol said as he walked back to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, the both of them were finally settled inside the living room. Ji Eun was lying on the long couch while Chanyeol was seated on the other couch. They were watching a random show since they don't have anything to do instead of taking a rest and being bored.

The two of them remained quiet since they're not in the business of making a conversation because they're too busy eating. 

 

"I'm home!" Suzy announced when she opened the door.

She saw Ji Eun sleeping on the couch while still wearing her PE uniform and Chanyeol, on the other hand, was taking a nap too on the other couch and a bag of chip was on the floor along with some cheese powders.

Suzy walked towards the sleeping giant.  

"Wake up sleepy head!" She ruffled his already-messy brown hair.

He wrinkled his brow and opened one of his eyes, seeing Suzy with that wide grin of hers.

"What time is it?" He asked as he sat up, rubbing his cheeks.

"Five thirty, I just got home." She replied after taking a look at her wrist watch. 

"I could tell." He said after observing that she's still on her PE uniform and her knapsack was hung loosely on one of her shoulders.

"Man this day is tiring. What did you guys do?" Suzy asked and plopped herself beside him before untying the laces of her shoes.

"We lied on the couch, ate some chips while watching and then slept." Chanyeol responded and reached for the empty bag of chips from the floor.

"Sounds nice to me," The girl replied then gaze at Ji Eun who's still sleeping soundly. She then, noticed the bandage wrapped around her right foot.

"Oh my what happened to her?"

Chanyeol raised his brow and look at where Suzy's eyes were settled. "She sprained her ankle."

"Ooooh..." She grimaced as if she's the one who's been hurt.

 

~:~

 

It was already ten in the evening and Soo Ri was still not home. The three of them just finished having their dinner and Suzy was cleaning the table.

"You should change your clothes now." Suzy said to Ji Eun while wiping the table.

Ji Eun looked at her wrinkled PE shirt. "Yeah but...I somehow can't go upstairs. It still hurts."

"I know. That's why I'll go get you some clothes now. Use the bathroom here instead of upstairs." Suzy said as she washed her hands.

"Alright...So I guess I'll sleep here then?" Ji Eun asked, more of like a statement than a question.

Suzy turned off the faucet when an idea suddenly popped in her mind. "I know! Why don't the three of us sleep together? I mean here, downstairs."

A smile appeared on Ji Eun's face. She didn't need to devote some time just to say yes.

"I'll go tell Chanyeol." Suzy said and headed upstairs.

 

"Chanyeol...?" Suzy called after knoching on his door for three times and just before she could raise her hand to knock again, Chanyeol already opened it. A white towel was on his shoulders. "What?"

"Uhh...is it okay with you if we sleep downstairs?" Suzy asked shyly.

"Huh?"

"You know, since Ji Eun is having some troubles taking her steps on the stairs. I'll put comforters and blankets on the floor." Suzy said, wearing a pleading look because she was hoping that she may convinced him and gladly, she did.

He pursed his lips while processing her explanation.

"Alright,"

After hearing his answer, Suzy's eyes widened. "Yey! I'll go get the thick comforters."

"Yeah sure, I'll take a bath first." Chanyeol said and closed the doow while Suzy went straight to her bedroom to get Ji Eun a pyjama and of course, to get some blankets.

 

~:~

 

A towel was draped around Chanyeol's neck when he finally went downstairs. His curled brown hair was damp went so it kind of straightened a bit.

The thick comforters were already laid on the floor of the living room and he noticed that Suzy set aside the center table so that there will be more space.

The two girls were already settled and they were holding a spoon while an ice cream container was at the center of them. When they sensed Chanyeol's presence, they turned to look at him, wearing a white V-neck shirt and a blue pajama.

"You look hot with that damp hair of yours." Suzy said, giving a wink at Chanyeol which he shrugged and settled himself beside her.

"Chicken, I know you like what I just said." She deadpanned and stuck her tongue out.

Chanyeol cringed at her statement but of course, he's just acting because he loves pissing her since their childhood days. "Yeah yeah,"

"Here, I got you a spoon. I know you can't resist ice creams." Suzy handed him a silver spoon which he gratefully took.

Ji Eun cocked her head to the side and settled her eyes on Chanyeol. "Yeah, you look handsome with that straight hair."

You look handsome.

To Chanyeol, there was something the way she said it.

Well sure a lot of people say it to him but the way how those words slipped out from made him remember someone.

It was his mom.

She used to say it to him when he was a kid that's why during his first day of school, he was full of confidence because he believed his mom. He believed everything that comes out from and he took it as an encouragement and a motivation to not mind the opinions of others about him. He believed her...he 'believed'.

The way how Ji Eun said it and how she sounded somehow gavehim a feeling of nostalgia.

"See? Told ya!" Suzy said after taking a spoonful of ice cream from the container.

The corners of his lips were about to curl up but he stopped it by putting his spoon inside of his mouth although he was sure that his inside warmed up because of the compliments of these girls.

Suzy lied herself on the comforter when she got back from the kitchen since she put back the ice cream inside the refrigerator. "Whew! Time to sleep! We still have classes tomorrow."

Hearing her statement, Ji Eun wrinkled her brow. "But it's Saturday tomorrow."

"We have make-up classes since there will be no classes on Monday. Didn't your adviser announce it?" Suzy asked.

Just before Ji Eun could answer, Chanyeol interrupted. "She stayed at the Clinic so she didn't know it."

"Oh well at least you know now." Suzy said and reached for her hotdog pillow.

Ji Eun shrugged. "I don't want to go to school tomorrow."

"Eh? Why?" Suzy questioned while worry was basked on her face.

"I don't think I'll be able to go to school since my foot still hurts." 

Hearing her response, Suzy puffed her cheeks. "Ohh...anyway, it's okay. Classes tomorrow will be half day so I think it's no big deal."

The three of them were already lying on the comforter. Ji Eun was on the right side and Chanyeol was on the left side. Suzy, on the other hand, was between them. After a few seconds of silence, Suzy drew out her breath deeply. "Aaah...childhood days."

"Hmm?" Ji Eun asked after turning her head to Suzy.

The latter gave a smile. "Chanyeol and I used to do this when we were kids. We used to sleep here at the living room whenever it's raining hard. I wrapped my arms around mom while he kept on scaring me about those night monsters."

Hearing those memories from made Ji Eun chuckle. "That's adorable. I can imagine the two of you...little and vulnerable kids."

Suzy nudged Chanyeol who's busy playing a game on his phone. 

"Hmm?" The boy mumbled after removing the earphones from his ears.

"Do you remember the time when we used to sleep here when we were kids?" Suzy asked, her eyes glimmering because of the light.

A playful smirk appeared on the corner of his lips. "Yeah of course. You're such a scaredy cat."

"Whatever," 

She rolled her eyes and turned to Ji Eun, her back facing Chanyeol. "I love memories. You?"

"Yes of course. Everybody loves memories especially the happy ones." Ji Eun answered.

Suzy smiled. "You know, sometimes, we can escape the pain we're currently feeling just by thinking some memories. I do that whenever I feel something clenching my heart."

"That's what I do too..."

"Huh?"

"There were days when I find it hard to be here in this world so I'll just think of my sister, our memories together and how much she loves me. Those thoughts somehow helped me to hold on and keep on hoping that someday, I can get back."

Hearing her words, Suzy pursed her lips. *Oh right...she's not from here. How could I forget...*

"So you mean your stay here is just temporary?"

"That's kind of right." Ji Eun replied and she swore that she saw how dissapointment flooded Suzy's face. 

"When will you go back?"

The girl let out a sigh. "I don't know."

"You think the time is near for you to go back?" 

Evaluating herself, Ji Eun really noticed that she changed but she knew that it is still not enough. She somehow has this instinct that there are still so much more to experience and to learn. 

"I don't think so."

Chanyeol was staring at the ceiling as he listened to their conversation. "You guys should sleep now. There are still classes tomorrow."

The girls quickly obeyed him and after a few minutes, dreams conquered the three of them.


Hello!

Here's an update :) 

I changed my username so I hope you guys will be aware of that. Sorry it took long for me to update and actually, I was expecting myself to publish this on July 23 since it's my birthday but I somehow thought that all of you are really excited so I decided that I'll just publish this chapter today. Here it is! :) 

(I will change the chapter titles of this story just so you know.)

PLEASE READ:

There will be a KFest in Philippines on July 28 and I want you guys to know that I'll be there. I hope I'll see some of you there and let's have a little chat. See ya!

Yours truly,

FindingSunshine