Playing with her Heart

The Peculiar Girl

 

“I know! I can’t believe it too!” Ji Eun said, pronouncing the words with complete ecstasy.

Chanyeol wrinkled his brow as he shook his head. “Wait, you have got to be kidding me.”

Suzy lightly slapped his arm. “Of course not!”

He quickly made his way inside, nudging Suzy aside and walked towards Ji Eun who’s currently having the time of her life by bouncing up and down with burning cheeks. Chanyeol grabbed her wrist and pull her to go with him outside.

“Where are we going?” Ji Eun surprisingly asked.

Suzy was about to follow behind when Chanyeol turned around and gave her a stern look. “Stay here,”

Suzy wanted to protest but seeing the seriousness of his face made her shrink back and obey him. She nodded with a pout and closed the door.

“Come here,” Chanyeol said as he dragged Ji Eun to the terrace.

Ji Eun scratched her head in complete confusion when Chanyeol turned to her and sighed.

“What’s wrong with you Chanyeol?” Ji Eun worriedly asked.

“Is it true? Luhan asked you to go on a date?” He questioned, wanted to make sure that the two girls are not joking a while ago.

Hearing Luhan’s name and what happened a while ago made Ji Eun’s lips curl up into a smile. “Yes,”

Knowing her answer, Chanyeol shook his head. It can’t be. Why would Luhan asked her to go on a date when Luhan told Chanyeol that he wants Ji Eun to avoid him? That’s just ridiculous.

“B-but…how?” Chanyeol confusingly asked, trying to get every detail as much as possible.

Ji Eun was holding her phone when she shoved it in front of his face. “He called me.”

Chanyeol clicked his tongue as he took it from her hand and checked her phone’s log. There, he saw Luhan’s name with a heart.

“See? I saved his number and I also put a heart beside it.” Ji Eun said as she took a peek too.

He rolled his eyes and gave it back to her. “How did he get your number?”

Ji Eun just shrugged. “I don’t know. He told me he got it from a friend? I guess…”

Chanyeol still can’t believe at what’s happening and his mind was in full jeopardy. He bit his lower lip and glanced at Ji Eun wo’s dreamingly staring at Luhan’s name on her phone.

“Did you agree that you’ll come with him tomorrow?” He asked.

Ji Eun clasped her hands together and vehemently nodded her head. “Of course! This is a dream come true!”

Hearing her answer, Chanyeol widened his eyes. “No!”

Ji Eun was currently smiling widely when she suddenly stopped when he heard his sudden outburst. Scrunching her nose, she placed her hands on her waist. “Why not?”

Chanyeol cleared his throat for being so overacting but it’s just that it’s kind of unbelievable. “Y-you can’t go Ji Eun. He doesn’t like you.”

He suddenly stiffed when those words slipped out from his mouth and he was hoping that it won’t hurt Ji Eun.

She huffed in disbelief. “What are you talking about?”

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in annoyance. “It’s just…ugh…you shouldn’t come.”

Ji Eun crossed her arms above her chest. “Hey look Chanyeol, I’m supporting you when it comes to your love story but why aren’t you supporting me?”

She was right. So he just sighed and didn’t dare to make a reply.

“You’re unbelievable…” Ji Eun muttered and walked away from him, leaving him speechless.

When Ji Eun returned to her room, Suzy was already sleeping while hugging her hotdog pillow.

She lied on her own bed and stared at the blank ceiling, trying to rewind what happened a while ago.

Her lips curl up into a smile as she remembered his wonderful voice through the phone.

Maybe it’s true then…that there’s a possibility that a villain can have a happy ever after.

Chanyeol went back to his room in frustration. It can’t be…he can still clearly remember the day when Luhan approached him and said that he doesn’t like her and Luhan actually wants Ji Eun to avoid him but…what’s happening now?

Maybe Luhan’s feelings suddenly changed…is that even possible? Because if it is, why so fast?

That same evening, Myungsoo went straight to his room after having a tiring party.

He lazily lied on his bed and took out his phone from his pocket when a priceless smile crept up on his face as he looked at his phone’s wallpaper.

He was recalling something…

Something that made his heart pound in a weird way recently…

Something that became a part of his motivation whenever he goes to school…

No…it’s rather ‘someone’.

He glanced at his phone again with a chuckle before drifting himself to dreamland.

But as he closed his eyes, he can still see his phone’s wallpaper…

His picture with Ji Eun…

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

When morning finally came, the sun was already peeking and kissed the blankets on Ji Eun’s bed through the windows. Ji Eun sensed the warm feeling on her cheek when she slowly opened her eyes.

Scratching her messy hair, she drearily dragged herself towards the mirror and her eyes widened when she saw her reflection.

“I look ugly.” She muttered before combing her hair.

After fixing herself, Ji Eun went down and heard noises in the kitchen, giving her a reason to go there.

Suzy and Chanyeol were laughing while they were settled around the table but when Ji Eun finally entered, Chanyeol quieted himself and focused his attention on his breakfast.

“Ji Eun! Good morning!” Suzy chimed and gestured Ji Eun to the seat beside her.

Ji Eun happily took a seat and grabbed a toast. “Where’s Auntie?”

“She already went to her work.” Suzy replied before taking a bite from her toast.

Chanyeol kept quiet, trying to be obscure towards the two…or maybe just to Ji Eun.

“Omg today’s the day!” Suzy gleefully announced and placed her hand on Ji Eun’s shoulder.

Ji Eun looked at Suzy with glimmering eyes. “I’m kind of nervous…”

“It’s normal. After this, I’ll help you prepare okay? You should look pretty.” Suzy said with a wink and the both of them high fived each other.

Hearing their giggles, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and quickly finished his toast before proceeding to the living room.

 

It was already eleven thirty in the morning when Ji Eun just finished taking a bath and was now sitting on a stool in front of a mirror.

“There, you look cute.” Suzy chimed after tying Ji Eun’s hair with a violet ribbon.

When it was finally finished, Ji Eun stood up and looked at her clothes. “Thank you Suzy.”

“You’re welcome!” Suzy happily replied and handed Ji Eun her bag.

“He’ll be here in a few minutes. Omg—I mean, dancing goblins!” Suzy happily said as she enchantingly clasped her hands together.

Ji Eun chuckled and the both of them went downstairs.

Chanyeol was settled on one of the couches while watching a random show when the girls went in.

“Chanyeol, how does she look?” Suzy asked for his opinion as she held on Ji Eun’s shoulders.

He glanced at Ji Eun from head to toe and boringly returned his attention on the TV.

“She looks the same.”

Hearing his own point of view, Suzy rolled her eyes and sat on one of the couches along with Ji Eun.

“You’re no fun.” Suzy muttered and stuck her tongue out.

Chanyeol just ignored her and continued to watch.

The girls focused their attention on the TV while Ji Eun was feeling nervous and happy at the same time.

Chanyeol quickly took a glance at Ji Eun. Well he had to admit that she looks pretty. Actually, she always looks freshly pretty with that natural face of hers that’s why he told that she looks the same…cute as always.

All of them were caught up in their own worlds when the doorbell rang, sending electric chills to Ji Eun.

Suzy widened her eyes and averted her gaze to Ji Eun. “He’s here!”

Ji Eun bit her lower lip and went behind Suzy who volunteered to open the gate.

“You shouldn’t come first! You see, in dramas, the girl will took time to appear and then when she finally went outside, the boy will be speechless.” Suzy said as she stopped Ji Eun from following her.

“Annoying girls…” Chanyeol muttered to himself as he looked at Suzy’s craziness while Ji Eun’s face was completely clueless at what Suzy is saying.

Suzy cleared and opened the gate, revealing Luhan with his casual clothes. “Hey Luhan!”

Luhan was somehow surprised at her sudden outburst since the two of them aren’t close but he tried to be normal. “H-hello…uhh where’s Ji Eun?”

“Wait here…” Suzy replied and went inside the house and told Ji Eun to come out.

When Ji Eun went outside, Suzy followed behind while containing her giddy feelings towards the soon to be couple. She had to admit that she hated Luhan when he punched Chanyeol but that was in the past now anyway and she can’t deny the fact that he and Ji Eun looks good together.

“H-hi Luhan…” Ji Eun greeted with a smile.

Luhan gave her a nod while his lips were curled up. “Let’s go?”

“Alright,” Ji Eun replied and went beside him.

“Pst…have fun.” Suzy whispered and gave a wink to Ji Eun before closing the gate.

Luhan put his hands inside his pocket. “My driver’s here.”

Ji Eun looked at the car in front of her and Luhan opened the door at the back seat for her.

“Thank you,” Ji Eun said and she had to admit that her stomach is full of fluttering butterflies.

Luhan closed the door and proceeded to the passenger’s seat.

Ji Eun pursed her lips. “Uhh where are we going?”

Luhan turned his head to her, enough to make Ji Eun’s heart beats fast. “You’ll see…”

 

Suzy closed the gate with a grin and went back inside.

“They look cute.” She chimed with glimmering eyes.

Hearing her statement, Chanyeol pretended to puke, earning a glare from Suzy.

“What? It’s true. They’re a cute couple.” Suzy said as she took a seat beside Chanyeol.

“No way,” Chanyeol surely replied as he rolled his eyes.

Suzy sighed. “Chanyeol, you just say that because you hate Luhan.”

“Of course not. It’s just that, can’t you see? I’m not used in seeing Ji Eun with a date.” He said.

Suzy scrunched her nose and looked at him with face full of disbelief. “Whatever you say,

it’s a good thing for Ji Eun because I think it’ll help her to open her eyes in reality.”

“Nonsense…” Chanyeol muttered.

Suzy slapped his arm. “Yah you should be thankful. Luhan already forgot Minah because he already likes Ji Eun.”

Chanyeol suddenly averted his gaze to her. Well, she has a point.

So it is true then? Feelings change. Yes, Chanyeol knew he should be happy but he got to admit that he was somehow uneasy and he doesn’t even know the reason why.

 

~:~

 

Luhan opened the door for Ji Eun and he told Mr. Kang, which is his driver, to stroll around if ever he got bored. Ji Eun looked around and realized that they were in a Mall. Recognition quickly hit her since she had been here with Chanyeol and Suzy when they bought a phone.

Ji Eun quietly walked beside Luhan while feeling tensed. The feeling was somehow new and unusual to Ji Eun and she can’t find the words to explain it.

“You became quiet…” Luhan suddenly said, snapping Ji Eun from her thoughts.

“H-huh?”

“Well…it’s just that, you’re kind of lively when we first met.” He replied and averted his gaze to her.

He was strong to look at her straight in the eye because he wanted revenge and he has no idea that he’s hurting this innocent girl when it comes to love.

Ji Eun chuckled and bit her lower lip. “Ohh…hehe…sorry…It’s just that I’m nervous.”

Luhan gave a playful smirk. “Don’t be.”

He knew that she likes what’s happening right now because he can still clearly remember when she confessed to him that’s why he found her as a perfect choice to use to get his revenge. He didn’t like her anyway and even though he wanted to just stay in his house today, he still managed to ask her on a date because he needs to make his plan well. He needs to completely get her attention even though he doesn’t want to.

After a minute, the two of them bought popcorns and drinks before proceeding inside the cinema.

“Uhh…where are we?” Ji Eun asked, getting creep out because of the darkness.

Luhan just shrugged. “In a cinema of course…”

“A cinema?” She questioned, earning a weird stare from Luhan when the both of them took a seat.

“Yeah…don’t tell me you haven’t been in a cinema before?”

Ji Eun awkwardly scratched her head. “Actually, this is my first time.”

Luhan widened his eyes. “Really?”

Ji Eun nodded as she bit her lower lip.

“That’s cute.” Luhan replied with a smile and took a popcorn. Even though inside, he doesn’t find it cute…he find it weird.

It’s a pity, Ji Eun experienced a new thing in this world with the boy who’s just playing with her feelings.

After a few minutes, the movie started and when Ji Eun finally had the sense that they’ll be watching a movie, her excitement dropped. She doesn’t like watching movie. She remembered the time when she watched Thor with Suzy and Chanyeol, all she did was to sleep.

Maybe it’s just that she’s a type of person who doesn’t find enjoyment by sitting on a chair while watching.

She glanced beside her and saw Luhan watching with anticipation basked on his eyes.

Ji Eun smiled at the view and looked at the large screen in front of her. Maybe this wouldn’t be boring at all…because she’s with Luhan.

The boy who has the ability to complete her day…

The boy who can light up her face…

The boy who has a smile that can melt her heart…

The boy who gives warmth to her whenever she feels cold…

The boy who has the ability to sweep away her loneliness…

But never did she know that this boy also has the ability to shatter her heart into million pieces.

After a minute of watching, Ji Eun still can’t get what the movie is about and she wondered why Luhan found it anticipating. And then after a few seconds, she found herself sleepy. Her lids were slowly closing and her dreamland was already beckoning her.

She rested her elbows on the left arm of the chair and placed her cheeks on her hands.

Ji Eun fell asleep while this boy beside her was so caught up in watching the movie.

A loud explosion suddenly woke Ji Eun and she opened her eyes widely before realizing that the sound just came from the movie. She mentally cursed it for waking her up and shrunk back on her seat, closing her eyes again.

Luhan was about to take a sip from his drink when he felt something hit his shoulder, surprising him.

He then, realized that Ji Eun fell asleep and her head found his shoulder to become its pillow.

*This the first movie that she watched in a cinema and she fell asleep.* Luhan sighed and slowly removed her head from his shoulder and steadied it on her seat.

But not less than a minute, Ji Eun’s head went back on him again and he clicked his tongue.

He did what he did a while ago and focused his attention again on the movie.

Much to his disappointment, her head hit his shoulder again, making him removed from his shoulder again.

Throughout the movie, that’s what happened.

And in the end, Luhan sighed in defeat and let her head rest on his shoulder.

He should control his temper…he can endure this…he just had to hold on because there will be a day that he can leave Ji Eun.

 

~:~

 

Ji Eun felt something tapping her shoulder, giving her a reason to open her eyes.

She then, realized that she was resting her head on his shoulder. It seriously woke her up.

Ji Eun widened her eyes and quickly removed her head. “Oh…sorry.”

Luhan just shrugged, telling her that it’s okay. “The movie’s already finished.”

She looked at the blank screen and let out an awkward laugh. “Right…”

“C’mon let’s eat.” Luhan said and gestured her to walk first.

He followed behind and massaged his shoulder, it was tiring to carry her head and he got to admit that it irritated him.

“You okay?” Ji Eun asked, looking back at him.

Luhan quickly removed his hand from his shoulder. “Yeah,”

Ji Eun smiled and went beside him so that they can walk with the same pace.

Luhan looked at her cheery face and his eyes somehow averted to her hand…
No, he doesn’t want to hold it…Minah’s hand is the only hand that will fit perfectly to his hand.

“Sorry I fell asleep a while ago.” Ji Eun mumbled as she looked at her shoes as it met the floor through steps.

She then, suddenly felt something wrapped her hands. She looked at it and realized that Luhan’s hand was interwined with hers. Yeah, Luhan convinced himself to do it.

She felt as if her heart became so big that it can’t even fit inside her rib cage.

Ji Eun glanced at him and realized that his lips were curled up into a smile. “It’s okay.”

She averted her gaze from him and looked at somewhere. It felt like as if they were the only two people in the world and everything feels right…

Never did she imagine a scene like this when she was in Fantasia because she thought that villains like her don’t know what love is but now, she realized that all of us have a heart, waiting to awaken love.

The both of them walked in one of the restaurants in the Mall while their fingers were interwined with each other.

They settled themselves and Ji Eun got to admit that she was disappointed when their hands finally let go but to Luhan, he was full of relief.

After scanning the menu, Luhan called the waiter and told him their desired orders.

While they were waiting, Ji Eun looked at him. “Luhan,”

Hearing his name, he gave her a questioning look.

“Thank you…” Ji Eun said and she was sure that she said it with sincerity.

Luhan furrowed his brow and rested his chin on his hand. “What’s there to be thankful for?”

“You know…for asking me to go out with you today…” She said and let out a small laugh.

Luhan nodded. “Oh that well, you’re welcome.”

“Actually…this is my first time to go on a date.” Ji Eun pointed out, catching Luhan’s attention.

He was somehow surprised at what she said. Well, Ji Eun’s pretty and it seems unbelievable that she has never been on a date before. “Really?”

Ji Eun nodded just in time the waiter approached them and gave their orders.

While they were eating, Luhan glanced at Ji Eun who’s having fun with food. Somehow, he felt guilty that this was her first date.

It’s just that, he thought the Ji Eun had boyfriends before just like any other girls but now, he realized that he’s wrong.

So this was her first date…and it was with him.

He knew this means so much to her but to him...he’s not serious at all.

And he somehow felt guilty that Ji Eun had a date with a boy who’s not into her at all.

 

After an hour, the two decided to take a stroll around since it’s still early.

Luhan held her hand again as if it was the easiest thing to do so they go on like that, walking around while holding each other’s hands.

Ji Eun stopped in front of a store where stuffed toys can be seen and looked at the countless teddies through the glassed wall of the store.

“Want to take a look inside?” Luhan asked.

Ji Eun nodded and the two of them walked inside.

A smile crept up on her face as she squeezed one of the teddy bears.

It took her a minute to look around and her face was full of anticipation while her eyes were completely glimmering. Luhan somehow chuckled because it’s just that Ji Eun managed to find happiness just by looking at these non-living things. And…her attitude really reminds him of his little sister.

Ji Eun suddenly widened her eyes when her eyes landed on a teddy bear in disguise as a fairy.

She quickly walked towards it. She hugged it with a chuckle. “A fairy!” She happily chimed.

Luhan looked at what she’s holding and shrugged. He doesn’t find it cute and Ji Eun’s eyes were wide as if she had just seen a treasure.

“You want it?” Luhan asked.

Ji Eun suddenly looked at him. “Well, yeah…bu—“

He suddenly took it from her and went straight to the cashier.

Ji Eun was somehow surprised and ran towards him and saw that the cashier was already putting it inside a paper bag. “L-Luhan…” She whispered.

He handed the money to the cashier as he returned his wallet inside his pocket.

The cashier gave the paper bag to Ji Eun with a smile as if telling Ji Eun that she’s so lucky to have Luhan and Luhan’s lucky to have her also.

The both of them went out while Ji Eun tightened her grip around the handle of the paper bag.

“Luhan, thank you again…” She said. She knew that this is too much but maybe this is what date means…the boy will be the one who’ll buy everything. (WHAT XD)

He just smiled with a nod while Ji Eun bit her lower lip.

“I like fairies you know…” She suddenly said out of the blue, trying to break the ice.

Luhan somehow found it childish but he just shrugged and let himself go with the flow. “Oh…really?”

“Yup,” Ji Eun replied with a vehement nod. “They’re just so enchanting…”

He mentally let out a chuckle because even though it’s kind of ridiculous that a girl like her still believe in fairytales, she was somehow sure when she said those words as if those fairies really exist. But what really made him chuckle though, is that he remembered his sister telling him the same things too.

 

~:~

 

“Oh you should try this too!” Myungsoo’s mom cheerfully chimed as she handed him a navy blue v-neck shirt. Scratching his head, Myungsoo let out a sigh full of frustration. “Mom, I’ve been trying a lot of clothes for the last two hours.”

His mom gave him a glare and lightly slapped his arm. “You should be grateful that I’m buying these for you.”

“Eh? You just forced me to come with you here. Besides, I still have a lot of clothes…” He mumbled, earning a sigh from his mom.

“Tsk this boy. Okay, let’s pay first.” His mom replied and walked towards the cashier together with the random clothes that she chose for her son.

Myungsoo puffed his cheeks as he looked around but however, someone caught his eyes.

Through the glassed wall of the store, he somehow saw a girl that looks exactly like Ji Eun and he mentally scolded himself that maybe he’s just hallucinating because lately, he’s been thinking about her.

He shook his head with a chuckle, telling himself that he’s starting to become crazy but however, he was somehow convincing himself that it was really Ji Eun.

“Mom, wait here.” He informed and quickly went out, not even waiting for her answer.

Myungsoo looked around with hopes that she might see her again and to prove that he really saw her.

After walking a few steps, he kind of saw what he’s looking for but he’s absolutely not sure since her back was facing him but what surprised him though, is she’s with someone.

He chuckled, telling himself that he’s wrong along with his instincts. It’s not Ji Eun because he knew that she doesn’t have a guy friend instead of Chanyeol and him.

Myungsoo heaved his shoulders and decided to go back to the store.

While he was walking away, he turned around and took a quick glance…the boy’s hair was somehow gold and Luhan’s name quickly popped inside his mind together with the fact that Ji Eun likes him.

“Aish, you’re being a paranoid Myungsoo.” He muttered to himself and went straight to the store to meet his mom.

Luhan and Ji Eun in a Mall together?

Luhan and Ji Eun?

Together?

Pft. That just seems impossible.

…Right?

 

~:~

 

Chanyeol just finished taking a bath and went downstairs, seeing Suzy with a bag of chips while lazily sitting on a couch. He ignored her presence and glanced at the clock, realizing that it was already six o’clock.

“Eish. What’s taking them so long?” He annoyingly asked as he took a seat beside her.

Suzy sluggishly looked at him with a furrowed brow. “Who?”

“Ji Eun and Luhan duhh.” He said in a matter of fact tone.

“Chill, Ji Eun texted me maybe twenty minutes ago that they’re already on their way home.” Suzy informed and idly patted his shoulder.

Hearing the information, he nodded in relief. “Good,”

“You know what bro, you’re being too protective towards Ji Eun. Just let her enjoy her stay here. It’s her life anyway.” Suzy pointed out.

Chanyeol looked at her with exasperation as he shrugged away his shoulder from her hand. “Whatever…” He muttered, even though he wants to tell to Suzy his conversation with Luhan a few weeks ago but he decided that he’ll just keep it to himself.

“Good thing Luhan already forgot Minah…” Suzy mumbled and glanced at Chanyeol.

He just rolled his eyes. Yes, he told himself that he should be glad by that but he had to accept the fact the he’s really feeling uneasy at what’s happening.

After letting their mind idly wander, a honk was heard outside and Chanyeol automatically stood up, surprising Suzy.

“I’ll open it.” He voluntarily said and quickly went out.

Suzy followed behind him because she knew that it’s probably Ji Eun.

Luhan opened the door for her and when she finally went out, he nodded at the gate.

“Well, I think it’s time to go now…” He mumbled as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

Ji Eun pouted but it was quickly replaced by a smile though. “Thanks for today Luhan. I surely had fun.”

He nodded with a smile and lightly ruffled her hair. “Me too. Have a good night.”

Ji Eun swore that she felt her heart jumped but of course, she managed to stay normal. She should save it for her conversation with Suzy later.

“Okay then…” Ji Eun murmured and the two of them held gazes when the gate suddenly opened, revealing Chanyeol with a blank expression, making the both of them turned their heads to him.

Ji Eun mentally cursed him because Chanyeol always know how to ruin a perfect moment.

“Good you’re here.” He muttered.

Ji Eun ignored his presence and looked at Luhan. “Once again, thank you.”

“Ji Eun!” Suzy suddenly hollered, surprising Ji Eun.

She gave a quick goodbye to Luhan and hurriedly went inside with Suzy because she knew that there will be a lot of talking and spazzing to do.

Chanyeol just stayed at where he is and when Luhan was about to leave, Chanyeol called him and Luhan gave him a questioning look.

“W-why…I mean, you told me a few weeks a—“

“That I don’t like her?” Luhan cut as he put his hands inside his pocket.

Chanyeol cleared his throat and nodded.

Luhan exhaled deeply. “Well, it’s the opposite now.”

The both of them just gave each other a stern look while silence wrapped the two of them.

“I like her.” Luhan blurted out. “That’s why I asked her to go out with me. Why? Is there something wrong with that?”

Chanyeol shook his head even though a part of him wanted to punch Luhan and he doesn’t even know why he wants to do that. “Nothing…I just want to tell you that you should take care of her.”

Luhan gave a crooked smile. “I will.”

I will

Two words

A lie

 


I don't know why but I can't stop myself from smiling and thinking about Luhan when I wrote this chapter. *heart heart heart*
Okay, pretend I didn't say that. 
I didn't check if there are grammatical errors so sorry if you found any.

 

 

Wonderfully yours,
FindingSunshine