Painful love for Kai

Life without you is unimaginable

Narrator's POV

After she ate dinner, Chanyeol said he wanted to buy drinks from the store across the road. Someone is knocking the door after he disappear.

*Who is this? Did he not bring his keys?* Hyorin's thought

She opens the door and can't believe Kai is in front of her.

"Annyeong Hyorin? Are you okay?" Kai asked her with a smile on his face..

Silent

She couldn't say a word

"Since you didnt answer me..let me hug you first" Kai step closer to her so that he can hug her real tight

"How do you know I am here?" Hyorin asks while she is still in his hug

"Your oppa called me..he said "kai, she needs you" and now im here" kai is caressing Hyorins hair slowly

"But your work?"

"I'll stay here tonight, I'll listen to your story" Hyorin released herself 

"Kai..im sorry, lets just break up. Its so obvious I am hurting you. I cant do this any longer. I am stupid, unfaithful, you shouldnt waste your time with me" hyorin start to tear up again.

"Is it Jonghyun again?" Kai asked.

"Of course..its always him. He confessed to me" Kai walks slowly to the sofa.

"Did you say yes?" Kai calmly ask her

"No..I told him to stay away from me.."

"Why?"

"Because I like him..because you know that I like him but you keep pretending that you are strong enough to bear the pain I give you" Kai chuckles...

"Please be mad at me. Leave me or hate Me Kai.I am not for you!look at you, you are such a top model and here I am, stuck between you and Jonghyun" Hyorin rubs her face harshly. She seems so confused.

"Hyorin...please...come here! Here, sit with me" then Hyorin sits beside Kai.

"Kai..jebal, just hate me huh? No matter what I tried, I cant have any..."

"Do you think I am that stupid?!! Then ask my heart to hate you!!" Kai cuts her off and slightly raised his voice.

He sighed.

"I cant Hyorin..I tried to hate or even cheat on you.But I can't...I just cant. What do you want me to do now?"

"I dont know..I didn't do anything special to you, but why did you even fall for me?Give me a reason Kai" Hyorin's body is shivering now. She is holdong in her tears again.

On the opposite, Kai looks so displeased after hearing all that Hyorin said to him. He started to think the reason why he fell for Hyorin. 

"Okay..I'll tell you the truth" Kai looks at Hyorin.

"After the first time I met you, I wanted to get your body, but then after we went out, I realized that I didn't want that thing anymore. I made up my mind that I want your heart instead. It's really fun to talk to you, my heart raced whenever we talked on the phone. It's amazing that I found you that night. Then Jonghyun knows that I had my eyes on you. I knew that he likes you since then. I confessed to you afterwards, you accepted me when we were in Amsterdam. I knew you were not sure with your decision, but you gave me hopes Hyorin" Kai moves his hand to hold Hyorin's hand.

"I hope you are clear how sincere I am...I don't want you to hurt yourself again...Please"

"I need time Kai.." She finally spoke...

"Sure...I will give you as long as you need, When you are ready, I will be there" He smiles to her, although she can't smile back to him.

Kai checked his phone and dialed Chanyeol's number.

"Hyung..We are done" He said.

then not long after that..Chanyeol got in to his house and smiles awkwardly.

"So....I hope you are not mad at me Hyo" 

"No Hyung..she is not. She is just mad at me.." Kai chuckles...

"Anyway, I really hope you make up your mind by tomorrow..We have to attend Taemin's Dad Party right? Are you going Kai?" Chanyeol asked Kai

"I wish I could but I can't...Hyorin will come to the party for me, right Hyorin?" Kai turned to Hyorin.

"Yeah..sure" 

"Oppa...can I sleep here tonight?" Hyorin asked Chanyeol

"Sure..mmmh don't worry Kai. I'll sleep at the sofa. I wont do anything to her" Chanyeol tried to joke to Kai

"I guess, I can leave now..I'll see you again next week Hyorin..call me okay?" he smiled and caressed her cheek but....

Hyorin seems really lost now..she doesn't even look at Kai's face.

Kai's POV

I just left Chanyeol's house with my heavy heart. I can't take this any more. How could jonghyun hurt her? Has she ever done anything wrong to him? 

I started my car and head to my hotel. . . .

nah..I changed my mind.

Narrator's POV

Someone is ringing the bell and Jonghyun seems to be confused because he didnt expect anyone to come to his house.

He opened it and found Kai is standing in front of his door with his anger eyes.

"Yaa! what are you..?"

"Why the you confessed to her?" Kai cut him off..

"wait..what do you mean?" Jonghyun said that innocently 

"Don't pretend like an Hyung..I asked you why do you keep on hurting her? Can't you just leave her alone???!!!" Kai then pulls Jonghyun's collar..Jonghyun's face is only inches away from Kai.

"Ya! Release me! lets talk about it inside" Jonghyun is trying to release himself from Kai's hand

"Don't you dare talking to her anymore! I am warning you!!!" Then Kai released him harshly. 

Kai left Jonghyun's house and rushed to his car to go back to his place. Kai's hands are shaking like he just got an electric shock... Kai's phone vibrates and it's from D.O 

"Ne..?" He answered.

"What the hell are you doing KIM JONGIN?!" D.O shouted.

"Hyung..I am not in the mood to argue with you. I'll be in Jeju tomorrow morning. I wont be late. Bye!" 

"Ya! Jongin..wait I...." He turned off his phone and keep driving.

The Party...

Narrator's POV

The next day, Hyorin just got back from Chanyeol's house in the afternoon. Chanyeol left the house in the morning because he has to work. Hyorin has calmed down a bit. She is so gratful she has Chanyeol. He gave her so many advices so that she can make up her mind faster.

She is putting her dirty clothes into the washing machine while "Thorn Love" song by 4Men is playing from her iPhone. She was enjoying the song but then the lyrics of this song made her stop. When it comes to "You'll find out once time passes that we don't suit each other" Hyorin was stunned. She can't move from her place, she can only think about Jonghyun. She relates that lyric to her situation with Jonghyun. This is for Jonghyun's good. She can't interfere or even ruin Jonghyun life, she knows her own place, which is in someone else's side. Not Jonghyun's. 

Suddenly, her phones vibrates. . . 

A call from Kai.

"Hello..?" Hyorin answered.

"Hey...Where are you?" 

"Oh..I just got back home. How are you?" She answers it nicely

"I am good...just tired, the shoot was really tiring. Anyway, Hyorin, I will send a driver to pick you up tonight and in about 30 minutes someone will deliver your outfit for tonight, is that okay?" Hyorin is speechless. She can't  think of other word than grateful.

"Hyorin?" Kai calls her again.

"Please don't feel intimidated...I gave you all this because I want you to be different tonight. So...Don't forget to send me the picture of you wearing the dress I send"

"Please don't do this again Kai. . . " Hyorin finally talked.

"I can't Hyorin, I always wanna make you look different" Kai answers.

then he hang up the phone and Hyorin sighs.

8 o'clock

Hyorin doesn't think that her dress suits her or maybe she just has no mood to go to this party. Then she heard a car's horn outside her house. It's time for her to go there.

She recognized Kai's car and someone opened the window.

"Hyo! Get in!" Chanyeol Oppa shouted.

"WHAT THE HELL? Oppa??!!" 

"Yeah!! Get in.." Then she runs to the car and gets in.

"What are you doing Oppa?" 

"Well..I got a command to you to the party tonight, then he lent me this car. He said that I should take care of you until he is back" He grins while he explained it to Hyorin. 

and Hyorin just smiled without saying any words.

"Anyway, jonghyun will be there tonight" Chanyeol said.

"I know.." 

"Se-Kyung too" He added.

"I don't care" 

"good...Have you considered anything?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't know...I am still thinking" She calmly said. It is hard for Hyorin to make a decision while she is still thinking about Jonghyun a lot. She knows she has to forget him but it is so difficult for her.

- - - - - - - - 

Taemin is standing beside his parents and politely welcome everyone in. The party is held at one of taemin's dad club. Of course it doesn't look like a club now, this party is really formal and the place is huge. There are so many business people come and everybody seems so happy to be here.

"Taemin!" Chanyeol calls him out and Taemin looked at Chanyeol. 

"WOAAH! Hyung thank you for coming..And you too Hyorin!" Taemin gives Hyorin a kiss on her cheeks. then Chanyeol and Hyorin congratulates taemin's dad and his mom too. After that taemin, excuse himself to have a drink with Chanyeol and Hyorin.

"This place is massive man!" Chanyeol said.

"I know right! I think this is the first place he owns for running his business. it was built even before I was born. . ." Taemin explained.

"Really? Woah!" Chanyeol is amazed.

"Anyway, Hyorin, if you feel uncomfortable with Se-Kyung noona later, you can find me then I can introduce you to Naeun" He grins...

"The hell? are you even brave to talk to her?" Chanyeol  

"Ya! Hyorin is my mediator so that I can talk to her" Taemin chuckles..And everyone around them seems busy staring at the entrance door. Someone says "the perfect couple came!" "Is that his future wife?" Then. . . Taemin, Chanyeol and Hyorin turned to look at them who are coming in.

"Holyshhit ! I have to go to my dad's side now.." Taemin rushed back to his dad's place.

"HOLYDUCK! is that Sekyung? !!! Such a beauty" Chanyeol bluntly saying that. Hyorin turned her body because she doesn't want Jonghyun to see her. While Chanyeol is still staring at Se-Kyung. He doesn't think about Hyorin anymore.

After he realized that Hyorin is slowly leaving him, Chanyeol grabs her wrist.

"Hyo! Wait" Chanyeol pulls her back.

"Oppa....You can talk to them, I don't want to talk to him, please" Hyorin begged.

"Yeah..but he obviously saw you just now. You can't hide anymore Hyo..just face him" Chanyeol suggested. Fortunately, Jonghyun and Se-kyung are not approaching them but have a drink in another table.

*Goddammit he looks so handsome* Hyorin's thought

"Hyo!! I think...I have to leave you for a bit, Taemin is asking for me" Chanyeol told Hyorin. It seems that Chanyeol got a text from Taemin. Then Hyorin was left all alone, she is thinking how to hide herself so that jonghyun and Se-Kyung won't find her.

The music started and Hyorin still has not found a good place to hide. She is heading to the toilet to check her phone. 

She got a text from Kai, saying that He will be in Seoul by tomorrow morning. Hyorin closed her inbox and ignoring Kai's text. She is looking at the mirror and telling herself that she can do it. She can face Jonghyun tonight, no matter what happened, she can't be shaken by her own feelings.

She is slowly walking out of the toilet and right after she left the toillet, someone grabs her hand til she turned herself to someone's face.

Her breath stopped for a second.

"SURPRISE! I found you baby" That namja...Hyorin can't believe that Kai is infront of her face.

"Why are you here? I mean..how could you?" Hyorin asked.

"I lied to you...I am sorry.." Kai smiles and about to kiss Hyorin's forehead but Hyorin avoided it.

"I am sorry Kai..I am not ready" Hyorin explained...

"I understand...Let's go" 

"Are you surprised to see me here?" Kai asked Hyorin as he put hyorin hand cling onto his arm.

"Well..."

"I guess you are not..anyway, thanks for wearing this dress, it suits you" Kai smiles then suddenly Hyorin squeezes his arm.

"What happ.."

"Oh Kai?!" Then Sekyung called out Kai's name. Kai and Hyorin found her and Jonghyun in front of them.

"Ah..yeah Noona, Hyung" Kai bows to them.

"Hyorin is here too..Annyeong?" Sekyung looks at Hyorin and Jonghyun looks at her too

"Why don't we have dinner together tonight? What do you think Kai?"

"Ermm..I think I will follow what Hyorin wants" Kai turns his face to her.

"Why not? I am hungry too..Lets go" Kai is surprised with Hyorin's response

They have dinner in the table that was reserved for the Party's attendant.

"So..congrats for your contract with the new agency!" Sekyung congratulates Kai as he just signed a new contract with one of the best agencies in Korea.

"How do you..anyway thanks Noona"

"Jonghyun and I will take our pre wed photos in Japan. Oh if you know any best photographer please let me know" Sekyung told Kai and Hyorin looks at Jonghyun's face. Then their eyes met. Jonghyun then turned his face to Sekyung and smile, agreeing to whatever she said just now.

"Oh I will noona.."

"Jonghyun will take over one of his father's company starting next week. I am glad he has changed now" Sekyung slightly caresses the back of his head and Jonghyun smiles brightly. It makes Hyorin feels uncomfortable.

"So how is your dad Kai? I think you should start to learn how to handle your own company, don't you think?" Sekyung asked Kai.

"Indeed you are right. But I am starting to learn this and that now, After Hyorin graduates later, I guess i will start to work in my own company" Kai stated.

"Why does it have to be after her graduation?" Jonghyun suddenly asked.

"Because....I want to marry her after her graduation" Kai chuckles.

"YAA!! look at that huh? You should be grateful Hyorin..someone is really sincere with you" Se-kyung told her.

"To be honest, he has been bragging about this lately and I told him why don't we just get married next month..but he knows I was just joking" OBVIOUSLY! Hyorin is faking everything and the Kai laughs to make this story more reliable.

"Your family must be really happy to have a chaebol con in law like him huh?" Sekyung smirks.

"Indeed they are. . ." Hyorin bluntly said that. she is not afraid to anyone now. . .

After that dinner, everybody is gathering to listen to Taemin's birthday speech. Taemin is nervously standing beside Naeun and CHanyeol is standing beside Key. While Kai and Hyorin are standing next to each other while Jonghyun is busy with his phone.

Is he texting Hyorin?

What is he saying to Hyorin?

Will Hyorin reply to what he said?

Will Kai be able to bear the pain he receive from Hyorin? 

Will Hyorin look at Kai..? or even glance at Kai's heart once?