Family

The LOVE of TaeNy

The LOVE of TaeNy 
Chapter 88 - Family

Tiffany’s POV

“Baby, we need to bring Jungie for his checkup.”I heard the big man beside me mumbled, with sleep still present in his voice. I was still lying comfortably on the bed with him securing me safely in his arms. It's one of those rare mornings where I don't feel any discomfort.

“Hmm..? What check up?”I lifted up my head to look at Taeyeon in the eyes. I practically know all of Jungie’s shots appointment on my finger tips and today is not one of those days. 

“For his palm. The cut.”Taeyeon took my hand and trace the lines on my palms. Oh my, why does he have to do that? It was slightly ticklish and I immediately pull my hand away and scratched them.

“Oh.”It's my fault. If it wasn't for me, Jungie wouldn't be injured. 

“How deep is the cut, TaeTae? It must be quite deep or the nurses won't need us to bring him back for a check.”I just want to curl up against Tae and let those inner voices scream at me for not being able to be a good mom to Jungie. 

“Hey.”Taeyeon turned and have me underneath him. 

“Don't worry ok. I know what you are thinking.”He then drop a bit of his weight on me, which I didn't mind, and his other hand went to caress my forehead. 

“Don't blame yourself.”Did my thoughts scream a little too loud that TaeTae hear them? I pulled him down towards me, making his entire body weight press against me. 

“I can't…”Tae, if we didn't get married, we wouldn't have Jungie. All the harm Siwon have inflicted on me would not have been your problem. Jungie would not be dragged into this. 

“I'm sorry, Tae.”I mumbled against his neck and snuggled closer to him. 

“Yah! Don't say that. It's Siwon’s fault, not anybody’s.”Did you read my mind again, Tae? 

“Don’t ever think that way, Fany ah.”Taeyeon pulled my body away from his and I saw how sincere he was when he look into my eyes. His eyes, they look like they were… sad? My man is sad. 

“I love you, Taeboo.”I smiled, hoping that he likes the new nickname I just gave him. I then lean up to give TaeTae a kiss on the lips. I watch his lips curl up to form the cutest smile on earth before he lean closer to my ear and plant a kiss there. 

“I love you too, jellybean.”That's our new nickname for each other. 

“Fany ah, I swear this hot pink pyjamas of yours is making my eyes hurt like no tomorrow. I think I'm going blind at this rate. Can you not wear them?”

“And you have been grumbling about this since last night, old man.”He wouldn't stop grumbling about my pink PJs and I have no choice but to off the light as soon as we came out from the bathroom. 

“Because I don't like it. Can't you just wear one of my shirts to sleep? You are ier that way too. Or better still, don’t wear anything. But no, I don't want you to catch a cold.”

“Yah! Does that means that i'm not y in this?”I watch him grumble and I laughed internally at his cute side. 

“No.”Taeyeon shook his head and pouted. 

“Yah! Then you better not make love to me or strip me when i'm in this.”I whined and frowned at him cutely. That will do the trick. 

“YAH! Man, I regret buying you this PJs. I should have gotten something ier. Just to let you know, my raging hormones never stop raising because of you.”

“Jungie ah, come here big boy.”I watch as Jungie wobbly walk towards Taetae with a big smile plastered on his face. I think he is happy seeing us. I hope he did miss us while he stay with my in-laws this week when I was in that smelly hospital. We are currently at TaeTae’s house. 

“Dae dae..”Oh my god, I think he is learning from me, the way I call Taeyeon, TaeTae. But Jungie probably cannot pronounce the T. 

"Baby, you are not supposed to call me TaeTae. It's dada."I internally cooed when Taeyeon called himself dada. So cute. 

"Can we get a kissy?"I held one of Jungie's soft hands and played with it. 

"Mama!!"Jungie then went from Taeyeon's hold to mine, and he press a wet kiss on my cheek. 

"Oh my god, you are so cute."I settle Jungie on my lap and cup his cute cheeks before kissing his little lips. He giggled. 

"I think we should get going, Fany ah. We don't want to be late."Right, I stood up with Jungie in my hold. We said our goodbyes to Taeyeon's parents and they gave us their warm smiles as usual. They told us to get Jungie a flu jab as he keeps showing symptoms of catching a cold, my poor baby. 

The car ride to the hospital was quite short and it was filled with Jungie’s rambles. We walked hand-in-hand, with Jungie between Taeyeon and I, into the hospital. It's weird how Jungie suddenly turn to me, wanting me to carry him as he show signs of fear on his face. He must have disliked the smell of the hospital, just like me. Indeed my child. 

“You don't like the hospital, don't you?”I tapped on Jungie’s soft cheek. 

“Daddy will carry you, don't tire mummy out.”Taeyeon offered to carry Jungie but he cling onto me tighter. 

“Mama.. Mama..” 

“I will go make registrations.”Taeyeon bought us to a seat, ensured that we are comfortable, before he leave for the paper work. It is weirdly empty for a Saturday morning. 

“Kim Jung Hee Haiden.”

I heard the baby whimper in my hold as I tried to calm him down. He is a smart baby for his age. 

“Don't worry, Fany ah. It's fine.”Taeyeon carried Jungie from me with one hand and the other hand went securely around my waist. What did I do to deserve Taeyeon? 

“Follow up on the wound and a flu jab, is that right Mr Kim?”

“Yes, that's right.” 

“We will catch a little bug on Jungie’s hand, okay Jungie?”The nurse signalled Taeyeon to sit on the bed and hold Jungie still. The nurse carefully peel off the bandage and I finally got a look of his cut. It doesn't seem deep, neither does it seem like a minor cut.

“The wound is healing well. Just keep it dry and air it whenever possible.”I saw the nurse dab the cotton wool into what seemed like an antiseptic solution. That's going to hurt. I brace myself for the piercing scream my little one is going to make. Jungie look at me with the distressed look plastered on his face and I watch his expression change and true enough he started crying. 

“M-ma ma!!”My heart clenched at that sight. Little koala, you are mommy’s brave boy. I saw Taeyeon kissed Jungie on the head, hoping to calm him down a little. Unknowingly, I started tearing up a little. The nurse did whatever bandage she needed to do and proceeded with the jab. 

“I'm just going to pinch here a little, Jungie ah. It's not going to hurt.”The nurse demonstrated on Jungie’s left arm and he tried to wiggle out of Taeyeon’s hold. 

“Look at mommy, baby.”I gently held his head in place, so that he doesn't turn to look at the needle. I shivered at the sight of the needle but I tried not to show it on my face. 

"N-no no.."

"I will give you a gummy bear after you are done, Jungie ah."The nurse passed Jungie a bear sticker to distract his attention. He fiddled with the sticker in his hand. 

"Bear!"Oh my little boy knows what a bear is. I'm so amused at his cute expression. I watch his excited expression change and he whimpered when the nurse poked him in the arm. He whined. 

"Wah, Jungie is a brave boy."I cheered as the nurse took the needle out of his arm. He struggled a little in Taeyeon's firm hold. 

"It's done, Jungie ah. It's over."The nurse paste a cute little animal plaster on the injection site and told Taeyeon to apply pressure on it for 30 sec. She cleared all her equipment before she put a gummy bear in Jungie's mouth. 

"My boy is grown up eh?"Taeyeon kissed Jungie on the head before we bowed and thanked the nurse. I took Jungie over from Taeyeon and wipe his tear-filled face. Jungie did his llittle wave at the nurse, happy that it's all over. 

"Ba ba.."Jungie showed the nurse his gummy smile before he snuggle and rest his head on my shoulder. 

"Yes, bye bye."Taeyeon tried to correct Jungie's pronunciation and took his little hand to wave at the nurse. She smiled at the tired Jungie in my hold before we left. 

"Thank you for holding Jungie just now, TaeTae."I turned to give Taeyeon a kiss on his cheek to express my gratitude. I wouldn't be able to cope without Taeyeon around. 

"No problem, sweetie. I hope it didn't scare you."Taeyeon pulled me into his hold and plant a sweet kiss on my forehead. We walked towards the counter to make payment for the session today. 

"What do you want to eat for lunch, TaeTae?"Taeyeon turned to give me a surprised look. 

"You never mention anything about having food to me for the longest time, Fany ah. Is my pink piggy back?"

"Yah!"I frowned and hit Taeyeon on the arm for disturbing me. 

“Tiff!”I heard somebody called me from behind. Taeyeon and I both turned to look at who it is. Jungie immediately got up from his little resting place and smiled, eagerly wanting to get out of my arms. 

“Hi Jess!”I put Jungie down and watch him half run and half walk to the couple. 

“Aigoo.. You are growing way too fast, my dear.”Jessica squatted down to welcome Jungie into her arms. Jungie and her share a very special bond and Jungie never seem to feel shy around her. I think Jungie got a little too excited and he tripped. Or is he too tired? I walked over to pick him up on his little feet and watch him continue to run to Jess. 

“Baby, you can't even walk properly and you are learning how to run already?” 

“Hello buddy.”Yuri stepped in front of Jess and snatched Jungie away from her and I watched her stare at Yuri. 

“Yah!”This couple always amuse me. All the time. 

“What are you doing here Jungie ah?”Yuri asked the little one cutely. Jungie tried to reply in his language in which only he himself understands. 

“So cute!”Jessica squealed and carried Jungie over from Yuri. 

“Yah!”Now is the big man’s turn to pout. 

“Bear bear!!”Jungie showed off his little sticker he got from the nurse to the 2 of them. 

“Yes, that's right!”

“Did you miss Uncle Yuri, Jungie ah?”Yuri attacked Jungie with kisses on his cheeks and Jungie giggled, wanting Jess to protect him. I can picture Jess and Yul having kids and completing their family. I don't know what's stopping them from having one. 

“Aiyoo.. Now you want me.”Jess carried Jungie tighter and closer to her. 

“What are the 2 of you doing there?”I asked the couple in front of me. 

“We are here to—“

“To visit a friend!”Jess cut Yuri off halfway. Something’s fishy? I mean, if they are not comfortable telling me then it's totally fine and I respect that. 

“Buddy!”TaeTae interrupted our conversion after he settled all the payment and paper work. Taeyeon and Yuri did their little bro fist. 

“What about the 3 of you?”Jess asked as she fiddled with Jungie, who was busy chuckling away. 

“We came back to check on Jungie’s cut on his palm and also got the nurse to give him a flu jab.”

“Wahhh. Is Jungie a strong boy now? Show me your muscles.”We started to walk out of the hospital together. Yuri and Taeyeon walked in front of us while Jess and I each held one of Jungie’s hands as he wobble his way with us. 

“Have you eaten, Tiff?”Jess looked up after being fascinated at Jungie’s cute walking. 

“Haven't. Do you want to join us?”

“I was thinking of having lunch with you and we can go girly shopping afterwards. It's been a long time since I spent time with you, Tiff. What do you think?”That sounds like a perfect idea. She's right, its quite some time since I spent some time with her. 

“Sure! Oh how much I miss spending time with you!”

Taeyeon’s POV 
Oh man, I’m craving for some good’o burgers and fries. The four of us just parted ways from the hospital. The ladies decided to have lunch and go shopping afterwards. Yul and I are stuck together as they took one of the cars. I would like if all of us can have lunch together but I understand that Fany needs her space and time to mingle with her friend. After all, the both of us are practically glued to each other. I’m always here to help her with her pregnancy, comfort her in every single way, make her feel safe, etc. She needs her space. And I understand. 

“Take my card and enjoy yourself, Fany ah. Go have a good meal with Jess.”I took out one of my shiny cards from my wallet and slide it into Fany’s hand. 

“No, TaeTae. I have money.”She tried to push the card back to me. My little piglet.

“Take it. Or I will not sleep with you tonight.”I threatened. I know she never like the idea of me not sleeping on the same bed as her. She pouted after hearing the threat. 

“We will max out your card. Tiff, let's go.”Jess took Fany’s hand and they walked away together. 

“Thanks, Taeng.”Jessica turned. 

“Buy something nice, Fany ah.”You deserve this treat, baby. 

“Time to fill our tummies with good food.”I turned to Yuri after taking one last look at Fany.

“What should we have?”Yul asked as he carried Jungie in his arms. 

“I have an idea, I will drive. Let's go.”I'm too hungry and my craving for fast food is not letting me go this time. I unlock the car and open the car door to put Jungie in his child seat. 

“Sit still, baby. We will go for good food.”I watch Jungie smile at me when he hear the word food. He sure is a foodie monster. I pecked him on the forehead after ensuring that his seatbelt is safely buckled. I drove to the nearest fast food outlet at the fastest speed. But don't worry, we are all safe. 

"Fast food, Taeng?"Yuri gave me his silly grin. The both of us shared a lot of fast food memories in this particular outlet. It was our high school hide out. 

"I bet you are going to get jellies later."

"Bingo! Let's get out."Man, indeed my buddy. I opened the door and went to get Jungie who was sitting at the back.

"Dada!!"He rest his head on my shoulder with his thumb in his mouth.

"Jungie ah, we will eat first, don't go to sleep yet. I will put you to sleep afterwards, okay?"I ruffled Jungie's hair. Yul is already walking into the fast food restaurant with his phone in his hand, probably replying to messages.

"The usual, Yul?"I passed Jungie to the grown up man. There was no queue, oh my god I have to hurry. I am not going to wait until the crowd comes. I repeat, I'm not waiting. I saw Yul nod his head and I dashed to the counter to place our order. I came back with 2 burgers, 2 drinks and sides. My little boy is still not able to eat burger, I can't wait for him to eat a proper burger with me. I sat down, opposite Jungie. I saw his hands coming to reach for food and I immediately gave him a french fry. He grabbed it and put it in his mouth. I ordered some nuggets for us to share around and mashed potato specially for Jungie. 

"This is our little secret from Mommy, buddy. Promise me."This is Jungie's first fast food experience. Tiffany will not introduce fast food to her kids until they are much older. It's a good thing but wouldn't Jungie get bored of his baby food? I held up my pinkie finger in front of him and he wrapped his fingers around my pinkie.

"Good boy."

"Tiff doesn't allow Jungie to eat fast food?"

"No, she will kill me if she finds out. You too, it's our secret." 

"Okay okay, let me eat and let Jungie eat."Yul reached for his drink and started unwrapping his burger. 

"Geez.. Are you becoming like Soo?"I opened the container of mashed potato and stirred it slightly for it to cool down. I brought up a tiny scoop of potato and gave it a little blow before feeding Jungie. He bobbed his head as he savour the taste of the potato in his mouth. 

"Is it nice Jungie ah?"I heard Yul asked as I unwrapped my burger.

"He always does that nodding head thingy whenever he find something tasty."

"Such a cutie."

"Obviously, he is my son."

"Gosh, I'm sure he inherited all his cute genes from Tiff."

"Yah!"I wanted to steal his burger away but I failed to do so after I see Jungie's hand approaching my cup of coca cola. 

"No no. You cannot have this."I took the drink away from his reach and he whined in his seat. 

"Have some of mine, Jungie."Yul offered his orange juice to Jungie and my heart swelled. 

"Aren't you planning to have kids? It's about time, Yul. Step up your game."

"Sica didn't mention anything about having kids yet, so I assume that she doesn't want one yet."Honestly, Yul looked a bit disappointed. Maybe they did talk about it but it probably wasn't successful. Having Jungie in my life indeed was different. He brought a lot of happiness to everyone around him with his cheeky behaviour. 

"Well, I mean, she will be the one giving birth and going through the pain. So you have to wait for her to be prepared, don't force her. I'm sure the time will come soon."

"Of course, I will wait for her no matter what."Yul gave me his small smile.

"That's my buddy."I gave him a pat on the shoulder to cheer him on. Don't give up, Yul. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello Marsh! How's everyone doing? I'm sorry I took a long time to update this story. And to those who waited, thank you so much. My exam is in exactly 7 days and i'm so worried. That aside, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Do let me know you thoughts in the comments below. Who wants TaeTae as your hubby? ME! HAHAHA

Oh by the way, if you notice, this chapter's style of writing is a little different. This is a new way of writing that I want to adopt. I'm still finding it hard. Do let me know if you like this style of writing better or the previous.