Happy Birthday..to your Mom.

Silly Bets

Sandara Park’s POV

So good.

I snap out of the trance when a metal boulder falls on top of me.

What the hell am I thinking?!

This jerk, has his lips on me. Again!

I break free, pissed off. A surprised expression on that jerk’s face as I reject his embrace, and a pained one as I slap him across the face.

“What have I told you about touching me?” I growl, shoving him out of the bathroom, then out of my bedroom, then out my door.

I don’t hear him leaving from outside my front door, but I don’t hear him moving around either. As if he is just frozen solid, statue like.

“Yah! Next time you touch me it won’t be your face that receives the blow!” I threaten through the door.

I need to change my pin again.

Lee Min Ho’s POV

She sprints for her door, slamming it before I can slip in. Probably believing that I can’t get to her now that she’s changed the pin to her apartment, thinking that she’s safe. I chuckle at the thought, and enter her pin to the door. It flings open, and the place is empty. The sound of the shower going coming from further in her place, explaining the desertedness that is her apartment.

I shrug, and look around. There’s a clothes rack, with an oversized black t-shirt and black shorts.

“I wonder…”

Aren’t those…her pajamas?

No her pajamas were white.

I wonder what her size is….

With ninja stealth, I close in on the garments and sit down on the couch. My ears prick up before I check her size, hearing her mumble something. But it’s too low to figure out exactly what she said.

Talking to yourself isn’t healthy, tsk tsk.

But then again, I am one to talk.

She comes out of her room, revealing herself.

In practically nothing!

I knew you were completely proportionate, to ratio perfect.

Dara is wearing only a white bra and undies, the rest of her skin which is just slightly darker than her underwear, exposed. She screams, and I purse my lips, eyes locked on her.

You look….very….

Tempting

Her legs are long, her tiny frame resembling a ballerina. Her hair dark and shiny, her face that of a petrified mouse standing in front of its predator. Lips tinged like rose petals, quivering.

Very tempting, even for the miraculous .

“W….w…what…..how….you….get in…here?” Her words coming out in a disarrayed order.

“I entered in the pin” I simply say, my eyes impossible to tear away from the candy in front of me.

“What? You know what? I’m not even going to ask…..” Her tone annoyed and stupefied.

She walks up to me, right up to me.

Are you that comfortable with your body that you can stay out here while letting me look at you?

She’s so close to me, it’s amazing that I haven’t grabbed her anywhere yet. My self-control out of character. Her arms extend out, reaching for her pajamas. But I move them again and again and again, never letting her have them. She leans over her chest in front of my face now, as she continues fighting to get her clothes.

Why would I want you fully clothed now?

“Yah! Give me back my clothes!” She commands.

“I will once I’m done staring” I shoot back.

“Staring at what?” She moans.

Oh.

Has she forgotten how she is dressed now?

The lack of clothes on her nearly body.

“At the magical, almost ” I sneer, knowing what her next movement will be.

She takes a step back, looks down and then screams in horror. I burst out laughing at her reaction, her face priceless.

You actually forgot!

She seizes her clothes and runs into her room, the sound of the door locking just a small click.

Soon my laughter stops, on the outside. But dirty thoughts that were clouding my mind earlier, are starting to clear away too. When she comes back out in her pajamas, I am slightly disappointed.

“I think I liked outfit from before better” I smirk, knowing it drives her insane.

She blushes hard, her hands balling up to small fists.

“Whatever”

“White is for s right?” I tease.

“Min Ho....”

“You wore black at the club to pretend you belonged, and then revealed your true colors in the comfort of your home” I continue taunting her.

“Omo! Just get out will you! I never expected the first person to see me in just that to be such an insensitive jerk like you!” She yells, rage starting to spill over.

“What? Did you plan on saving that view for someone who loves you deeply?” I scoff.

A tear runs down her face and she storms back into her room, not bothering to talk to me anymore. My jaw is left ajar, as I take in what just happened. As I process what I just saw, what she just let slip.

“I made her cry” I mutter in disbelief.

I’m sure I’ve made her cry before, but…

I’ve never seen her cry before, I never saw her cry at school.

Not until now.

Feelings that I never have felt before are welling up inside of me, unknown but heard of before. Remorse, guilt, shame, pain. My conscience tugs at me with these emotions, seeping down right into me.

“I made her cry”

I stand up, and walk slowly to the door.

I should apologize.

The door is agape, the room vacant. Light from the bathroom, creating a small pool of light in the bedroom. A pillow, slightly darkened in color, damp with her tears. Sounds of water running, luring me to her whereabouts. Small steps, baby steps, cautious. I come up from behind her, feeling another stab of pain as I watch her dry her face with a towel, then putting it down. My arms wrap around her petite waist, my chin on her shoulder. Her reflection in the mirror a shocked face, her body paralyzed.

You’re soft Dara, nice to hold.

“Hey baby girl…” I greet.

No response.

 “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so cruel to you….” I breathe into the nape of her neck.

I like holding her.

“I’m sorry for making you cry Dara” I murmur.

Don’t slap me for this.

I kiss her, gently. It’s sweet, it’s new. It’s unlike me to be so tender, my kiss not hungry, not lustful. She doesn’t fight back, there is no fight.

This is nice.

She pulls away hastily.

Huh?

She slaps me, again. My cheek stings, but I’m utterly astounded.

“What have I told you about touching me?” She growls.

I am shoved out of the bathroom, out of the bedroom and then out of her home all together. I just stand out there, recollecting my thoughts, trying to figure out how she can be so angry with me acting so….

Gentlemanly.

 “Yah! Next time you touch me it won’t be your face that receives the blow!” She threatens through the door.

That snaps me right out of it.

You wouldn’t touch me there.

I stomp out of the building, a sudden mood swing crashing down on me. Dara being the only girl to ever reject me pisses me off big time, taking another stab at my ego. I jump into my car, and zoom off.

“What the hell!?”

“I just felt guilty and wanted to make you feel better !” I rant to myself, as if she were there.

Wait.

Me.

Guilt.

Me feeling guilt?

Oh my ing God what has happened to me!?

I am Lee Min Ho, the man who never feels a trace of ing guilt.

You got to be kidding me!

I park the car in the garage and flounce into the house, going straight to my room. Surprisingly, all the guys are there lounging around.

“What are you all doing here?” I snarl, still mad.

“Ohhh…someone’s grumpy” II Woo grins, one leg over the other on the arm of a sofa.

“What’s with the foul face Min Ho?” Hae woo frowns.

“I don’t want to talk about it” I reply to the two of them, walking to my wardrobe, not bothering to close the door.

“Are you having trouble with Miss Sandara Park?” Kim Bum cackles from the main room.

I throw off my clothes and change into sweats and a singlet. I come out to meet all of them, who are musing at me.

“Is winning over Sandara Park difficult?” Kim Bum presses, a smile growing on his face.

“Pshtt, of course not” I answer confident.

“He’s lying, the last note in his voice was all messed up” Joon pops, obviously enjoying my mood.

Shut up you moron.

“Oh, look now his ears and cheeks are turning red. We must have it right. So tell us Min Ho, what happened with Sandara?” Kyu Jong’s tone nonchalant.

“I don’t want to talk about it” I mutter, throwing myself onto my bed with a thump.

“Man, we aren’t going to leave till you spill your guts” II Woo groans, annoyed with my stubbornness.

I hate you guys, you’re going to make my pride crumble down to nothing.

“I got rejected” I give in.

“You. Got. Rejected?” Geun Suk asks in wonder.

“What did you do to Dara?” Hyun Joong’s cold, angry tone makes everyone’s gaze snap to him.

He looks just about as pissed off as I feel, though he would never act on it like this usually. His dagger stare making it only more evident that his feelings for that girl are going to be a problem.

“Hyun Joong, what’s up with you?” Kyu Jong puts a hand on his shoulder, which makes Hyun Joong shoot him a warning look.

“Why are you acting like this?” Kim Bum asks, another clueless one.

You didn’t want them to know about how you feel, and yet here you are practically shouting it out.

“You’re acting as if, you care for that girl…” Joon starts.

No response from the mysterious member.

“Oh . You couldn’t possibly…like her?” Hae Woo chuckles, not knowing how on track he is.

As time goes by and the annoying hopeless romantic doesn’t say anything, the eyes of the group go from me to him. The dots connecting, the pieces of the puzzle falling into place.

“Hyun Joong, you love her?” II Woo peers.

He shifts in his seat, eyes still on me.

“Did you know Min Ho?” Kyu Jong hisses.

I shrug, and they groan with frustration.

“Yah! Hyun Joong you should have said something at the party, then maybe the bet wouldn’t be on. And you, damn it Min Ho! If you know how he feels then why don’t you just leave this one alone? For heaven’s sake!” Joon blusters, mind boggled that this is happening.

“Min Ho and Kim Bum never stop with their bets, I don’t think either of them would step down even if the world was a risk” Geun Suk dryly cracks.

“Stubborn as mules” Hae Woo mutters.

“Whatever, now everyone knows the truth right? Hyun Joong is in love with Dara and objects to the bet I still want to win” I yawn, sitting up.

“Won’t you feel guilty at all for what you’re going to put me through? Put Dara through?” Hyun Joong raises his voice.

“Are you kidding me? This is Lee Min Ho, we all know this guy all too well. He never feels guilt” Kim Bum cackles.

Yeah, never.

Let’s pretend that I never have.

Sandara Park’s POV

!

I’m going to be late.

I stuff my backpack and scamper out of class, my feet not seeming to ever carry me fast enough.

It’s my mom’s birthday. I promised her that we would celebrate together at home, where we all used to live together. Just the two of us, something special. I’m meant to be there in half an hour, the bus leaves in 5 minutes. The bus stop is just outside of campus, but campus is wide spread. I’m running my backpack hanging off my shoulder, and a cake box swinging around in my hand. I’m glad that I secured the cake tightly, or else it would be in ruins in there.

I’m such a space head.

That jerk has screwed up my brain and now I can’t manage my time, and it’s been 3 freaking days since I last saw him!

Why is it taking me so damn long to recover from attack number 4!?

I get to the gates and then the blood from my face drains, as I watch my bus pull away from the stop. I sprint, failing to catch up with the moving vehicle. I don’t want to yell out, or else I’ll draw attention to myself. I lose all hope as I watch it drive off further and further away from me. I’m panting and I stop for air, hands on knees.

Maybe I shouldn’t be in this position actually…

I stand up straight, smooth my light rose chiffon dress and tugging at my mini denim jacket before checking out my flat white sandals.

Min Ho would tell me I don’t have a good self-awareness.

Wait.

Why am I thinking about that idiot? Why am I thinking about him in such an informal manner?

Ugh, stupid Dara!

“I am hopeless” I whisper to myself, running a hand through my hair.

“Get out of my way!!” Someone screams in a panic.

I turn around and get knocked over by a speeding cyclist, hitting the ground.

“Ouch” I  murmur.

The stupid cyclist doesn’t even stop to help me, doesn’t even turn his or her head.

Rude.

No skin is broken thankfully, but it hurts. Already seeming like it’s going to bruise my right knee.

“Dara!”

Huh?

I look up from my injured knee to a frantic Hyun Joong running towards me, hair shiny and bouncy. He reaches me and comes down to my level.

“Hyun Joong?”

“Are you okay?” He asks, worried.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay? I was walking back from class when I saw you get knocked over by that cyclist”

“Oh, I..I’m fine” I assure him, gathering my things and standing up.

Or trying to stand up.

When I push myself off the ground, it hurts like hell to get to my feet. Wincing in pain, as it springs to every nerve I have.

“Ouch” I hiss.

Hyun Joong steadies me, one hand on my arm and the other on my waist.

“Are you sure you’re fine?” He presses, as if I might have brushed it off the first time.

When I am about to scold him for asking silly questions, my eyes land on my watch.

15 minutes left.

“Crap” I mutter.

“What’s wrong?” Hyun Joong’s words filled with sweetness, caring.

He’s such a….perfect guy.

“Erm…I missed my bus, and I need to be somewhere in 15 minutes”

“Where?”

“My Mom’s house, it’s her birthday” I explain.

He takes the cake box from my hands and begins to drag me away, towards the student car park.

“Hyun Joong?”

“I’ll drive you” He flashes me a dazzling smile, immediately shutting me up before I can ask him what’s going on.

“Really?”

“Yeah” He his smile broadens a little.

“Thanks” I smile back politely, grateful.

We stop in front of a white convertible, spotless to the point of sparkles.  Not an imperfection in sight on the sleek machine. When my attention returns back to Hyung Joong from the car, I find him staring at me.

“You look pretty today” He compliments, eyeing me.

KYAHHHH!

“Thanks” I blush and turn my face away from his, looking away from the handsome guy.

We get into the car, and I tell him where to go and how to get there. We talk about school, what he’s studying, how old my mom is turning today and other people’s birthdays. When the car ride ends, I feel slightly saddened. Not because I don’t want to be with my mother, but because I haven’t spent much time with Hyun Joong in a while.

“Can I walk you to the door?” He requests as he helps me out of his car.

I nod, and we walk up the pathway to the house on the outskirts of the city. Small and cozy, just like how I left it a year ago. I fumble out a key from my jacket pocket and insert it in, twisting it until I hear the click.

“Do you want to come in?” I peer up at him, trying to be polite.

“Is it okay?” He checks.

He’s a good guy, he won’t ruin or intrude on the celebration.

He might make it nicer, with an extra person.

Three people instead of two.

“Yeah! The more the merrier” I insist, taking off my shoes before stepping inside.

“Okay, I’ll stay for a while then”

The house is one level, two bedrooms, a bathroom, a laundry room, a lounge and a dining and kitchen area. All the walls are colored white. The floor with a beige carpet all over the house, except for the bathroom, laundry and kitchen areas where it is grey tile.  All the windows have navy blue curtains, the doors white matching the walls. The lounge room is where the front door opens to, the two bedrooms at the back of the house. The exterior of the house is a storm cloud grey brick, with a midnight black roof. A single car driveway next to the path leading up to the front door, patches of daisies growing on the lawn.

My home, before I grew up.

I set the cake down on the coffee table, taking it out of the box. Still all in one piece, miraculously.

“I think my mom is in the kitchen” I glance back at a Hyun Joong who is patiently waiting with his hands behind his back.

We walk through to the kitchen, which is when I stop breathing.

Why…?

Why is….?

Why is….?

OMO WHY IS THAT CREEP HERE!?!?

Lee Min Ho is leaning against the white fridge, arms across chest. Model like in just a simple black t-shirt and jeans, eyebrows raised and mouth set in a hard line.

“What are you doing here?” Hyun Joong breaks the silence.

“I could ask you the same question” Min Ho replies, eyes turning from him to me.

Why are you looking at me?

“Why are you here?” I ask him, unable to comprehend how he even got into the house.

“It’s your mother’s birthday right? I came here because I knew you’d be here” He smirks.

“How do you know her birthday? Actually scratch that, how do you know where my mom lives?”

“I have my sources”

“Which I presume also assisted you in finding out where I live?”

“Exactly” He grins.

“Stalker” I mumble.

“Only for you”

My body tenses a little with that, and I can’t find the right words to react. I can feel those eyes boring holes into my soul, as if he has some sort of laser vision.

Why doesn’t that seem like a joke?

Hyun Joong clears his throat, making me snap out of my trance.

He just saw that whole thing…

GAHH!

He probably thinks I’m a weirdo now!

“Ermmm….do you want something to drink?” My voice comes out childlike.

“Water please” He smiles at me, making me feel light on my feet.

He’s always full of smiles.

“Water for me too thanks”

My head snaps in the direction from where that obnoxious voice came from again, my glare only aimed at him.

“Did I ask you?” I grit my teeth.

“Dara dear, when did you get here?” A familiar, beautiful voice sounds.

My mother stands in the doorway of the hallway, hand on the door handle. Her complexion pale and no longer glowing, wrinkles on her skin. No laugh or smile lines on her face, slight circles under her eyes. A white turtle neck and white dress pants she wears, her dark hair in a loose bun. Beginning to turn grey from ash brown. Aged, but still young in a way.

Mom.

“Happy Birthday” That is all I manage to say, as I take in the sight of her.

I haven’t seen her since I left home, it’s been so long. She most definitely has aged.

“Thank you sweetheart” She smiles warmly, as we walk towards each other.

We hug for a moment, it feels nice just like when I was young. Her scent, always soothing to me. When we end the mother-daughter embrace, she raises an eyebrow.

“Another guest? Dara you really should have told me you were bringing along friends today” She teases.

“Well…ummm…..er….uhhh….” I panic.

She bows to Hyun Joong and he complies doing the same, respectful and traditional.

“Young man, may I ask what your name is? I know that Min Ho over there is a close friend of Dara’s, but I am curious as to who you may be…” My mother’s eyes twinkle mischievously, that look she gets when she is plotting how to meddle about in my life. 

WHAT!?

Us friends!?

Us close?!

Since when? What gave you that idea?!

Min Ho eyes are practically laughing for him as he watches my mortified expression, which I quickly cover up with a fake smile.

“I’m another friend of your daughter’s Mrs. Park, my name is Kim Hyun Joong”

“Well, nice to meet you Hyun Joong. It’s so nice to meet two of my daughter’s very good looking friends” She winks, making me nearly choke on air.

OMO!

Mom, stop now! Please don’t try and dig any deeper than this!

PLEASE!

“Yes, I will admit that my two FRIENDS are very handsome. Now how do you want to celebrate your birthday Mom? I could kick these two out and we could have a nice quiet celebration….” I suggest, already making my way to usher Min Ho out of the house.

“Oh don’t be silly! I’d love to get to know more about you from your college friends, it will make my birthday simply lovely dear” She protests.

“Are you sure Mrs. Park? I wouldn’t want to impose …” Hyun Joong bites his lip, looking worried.

“Yeah, Mrs. Park I wouldn’t want to intrude on a family event…” Min Ho adds in, trying to act like a gentleman.

“Yeah right, you’re the biggest intruder I know” I murmur under my breath.

“Sit down at the table you 3, I’ll be back in a moment” My mother responds, slinking away back into the depths of the house.

When the hallway door closes, I tug at my hair.

“I hate you” I groan.

“Tell me something I don’t know” Min Ho shoots back at me, amused.

“Hyun Joong, would you mind hitting him for me?”

“I wouldn’t want to get in your mother’s bad books just yet Dara” He chuckles.

“Coward” Min Ho mocks.

“Gatecrasher” Hyun Joong’s comeback follows smoothly.

Min Ho scoffs, walking towards me. Eyes playful. I swear the air in the room tenses a little, and fingers intertwine with mine. Wiping the cocky expression off of that jerk’s face. I look down at my hand and Hyun Joong’s and then at Hyun Joong’s gentle face, my heartbeat picking up speed.

“Let’s go and sit down” He pops, leading me over to the dining table.

My mother sweeps into the room and takes her place at the table before we even reach it, and just as quickly Min Ho sits on the opposite side of the table for 4. Deliberately making sure that Hyun Joong and I are separated from each other, I grimace. Hyun Joong slips his hand out from mine before my mother can notice, fast thinking. I plan to sit next to Mom, but then she gestures for Hyun Joong to sit beside her, leaving me with no choice.

You have got to be kidding me.

Reluctantly, I take my seat. The smell of Galbijjim cooking on the stove filling the room, fragrant. Mom pours tea for everyone, not spilling a single drop.

“So…Mrs. Park, if you don’t mind me being so bold. How old are you turning today?” Min Ho casually asks, me burning my tongue as I hear him utter those words.

“You don’t just ask a woman how old she is!” I nearly shriek at the idiot beside me, eyes bulging out of my skull.

No one makes a sound, Min Ho puts on a surprised innocent face. But I can tell that he is laughing his off on the inside, the smallest of smiles tugging at the corners of his lips.

Those lips are….pure evil!

“Dara, I think you should apologize to your friend. It was uncalled for you to react in such a manner, and I think he is in a little shock because of you” Mom scolds me, her eyes full of concern for my so called ‘friend’.

I want to scream that this man is an imposter and is indeed not any friend of mine, but a creep who has kissed me several times. Instead, I obey her like a good daughter.

“I’m sorry”

“It’s okay Dara” Min Ho’s voice soft, his act fooling Mom flawlessly.

I will kill you!

“I’m 49 years old now Min Ho” She smiles, the sides of her eyes crinkling.

You aren’t that old, and yet you’ve aged so quickly.

Yet you’re still my beautiful mother to me.

“So you had Dara when you were 30?” Hyun Joong jumps into the conversation.

“Yes, that’s right. I had my only baby in my thirties”

“That’s nice” The two men say simultaneously.

“You’ll be thirty in 11 years” Min Ho whispers in my ear when Hyun Joong and Mom are concentrated on their food.

“Your point being?” I reply.

“You’re maternal clock is ticking, majestic ” He snickers.

Die!

We eat and talk, I manage to stay civil throughout most of it. I pretend to like Min Ho, and he pretends to be a gentleman. Hyun Joong never fails to distract me from the weirdo by my side, making me completely grateful to him. It’s weird though, even though these two guys are supposedly good old friends…there’s tension. The tension is thick, contaminating the air like a humid summer’s day. Impossible to breath.

“Excuse me for a moment. Dara can you bring out the cake while I’m gone please?” Mom smiles, scooting out from the table.

“Okay”

I head to the kitchen with the cake box, placing it down on the counter.

“Do you need help with anything Dara?” Hyun Joong follows me in, along with Min Ho.

“Umm…yeah, can you grab a few plates out from the cupboard above the sink? It has two shelves, one with plates and one with the first aid kit….” I trail off, rifling around in a drawer for scissors to remove the string around the box with.

I give up impatiently with my search for the scissors and grab a knife, the blade glinting when the sun hits it. I slip the knife under the string and quickly chop through it, or at least that’s what I was meant to do.

Instead when I was meant to break the string with the knife, the knife slipped and made a small cut on one of my fingers instead. I drop the knife on the floor, a clang being made when the object meets the ground.

“!” I whisper.

I stare at the blood, trickling down my finger, my hand, my arm. I hear Hyun Joong say he has a band aid for me, and maneuvers over to me but then…

A chest blocks meets my face, a hand goes to the small of my back, and my finger…

Is encircled, by those lips as they wrap around my fingertip. That tongue, my skin, my blood.

OMO.

Min Ho, has my finger….in his mouth. My bleeding, injured finger in his mouth.  His gaze is penetrating, those eyes smoldering. His hold on me gentle, and yet possessive.

It almost seems….

ual.

OTTOKE!

Hyun Joong stands dumbstruck in front of us, holding the band aid blankly. The hand that was at the small of my back wisps the band aid away, and goes in place around where lips used to trap my bleeding limb. He leans down to me, his breath warm on my neck. His hands holding my waist at both sides.

“You should be careful, princess” He chuckles.

*dies*

WAIT!

WHAT AM I THINKING!?

Before I can respond, he is 2 meters away from me, and my mother just enters the kitchen.

“Dara dear, is everything alright?”

“Yeah Mom” I breathe, not really sure if what I said was a lie or the truth.

What is happening to me?

Chapter 8

Lee Min Ho’s POV

I did what I did for multiple reasons.

Because I knew it would annoy and shock her.

Because I knew it would kill Hyun Joong.

Because I felt agitated when I saw him come here with her.

WAIT!

Because I felt agitated when I saw him come here with her? That sounds like I am…

Jealous.

I couldn’t be jealous.

I wouldn’t be jealous.

But I had this funny feeling, in the pit of my stomach when I saw him with her.

But that’s because she’s mine. Mine. She’s my key to winning the bet, therefore mine.

Nothing else, no better explanation.

I couldn’t possibly ever be jealous of her with another guy.

Nor could I have possibly have been concerned about her when she cut herself.

Definitely not. I don’t care for her genuinely at all!

But then again…

NO!

“Mrs. Park, where’s the bathroom?” I whisper across the table.

“Second door on the left” She politely answers.

“Thank you”

I get up from my seat, and go to the unexplored portion of the house. I don’t actually need the bathroom, I just want to see her old bedroom. Dara’s old bedroom.

The first door on the left is a storage closet, the second is the bathroom. On the right there are 3 doors, the first is what I am assuming is the master bedroom. Which is not even as spacious as my wardrobe. The second door on the right is locked, leaving only one more. I open the last door, and find what I’ve been looking for.

The curtains are different from the rest of the house, a pale blue. Like wild flowers. The carpet is white, and so are the walls. There is a single bed, with a lacy black bedspread. A maple wood bedside table and work desk are present too. A few band posters decorate the walls, as well as a photo of her and her parents on what must have been a childhood Christmas. Her desk has a cup filled with pens and pencils, and a notepad. It feels rather empty, and that’s probably because she doesn’t live here anymore. Therefore most of her possessions would be at her current home.

What’s that?

I bob down next to her bed, and pick up a small, black booklet which is about 10 centimeters by 20 centimeters in size. It’s dusty, making me automatically brush all of it off.

What is this?

I flip it open, at the top of the page is a date. A date from around 7 years ago, when we would have been 12.

‘I’ve decided to keep a diary, because things are just piling up in my mind and it’s becoming too much for me to handle alone. But I don’t want to burden Bommie with my problems, so this will have to do. Whatever I write down in here, will remain in here. It will never pass my lips again, at least not intentionally at first. This book is my confidant, and with it I will hopefully not go mad. Hopefully.’

“It’s her diary” I grin at the sudden treasure find.

I don’t have to think twice before beginning to read.

‘Dad is always at work, and people keep on saying that he’s a cruel man. I don’t understand why or how my father is a cruel man, I really don’t. He’s hard working, that’s all. Maybe even a workaholic. It saddens me that he makes Mom lonely, but when he is around she radiates joy. So even if Dad isn’t around all the time, when he is I treasure it. It’s special.

Which is why I hate people speaking poorly about him.

But that isn’t what has been consuming my mind recently.

Another person has begun to enter my every thought, and I seriously am beginning to ponder over the chance of me being simply crazy.

Lee Min Ho.’

 

You liked me for a long time, huh?

Silly girl, to like someone so far out of your reach.

“So…this is the bathroom?”

My head snaps up at the sound of Hyun Joong’s voice, startled. I quickly slip Dara’s diary into the back pocket of my jeans before he can see anything.

“I wanted to see what Dara’s OTHER bedroom looked like” I sneer.

“Do you really think that’s a good idea? This is her mother’s home too, if she were the one to walk in on you here how do you think she would react?” Hyun Joong scolds.

“You’re speaking as if I care” I scoff.

“Whatever”

“You’re just lecturing me, because you’re pissed about earlier”

“What about earlier?”

“When I on Dara’s finger, and put your band aid for her on her”

He just narrows his eyes, an angry tight lip smile on his face.

Let’s see how far your self-control really stretches…

“Do you even know how she tastes? How soft her skin is? How she looks with barely anything on?” I provoke him, knowing how much this will get under his skin.

“What do you mean ‘with barely anything on’?” He snarls.

“I accidentally encountered her in her apartment in only her underwear” I smirk proudly.

I watch his hands ball up into fists, and his jaw clench. But he doesn’t make another move, his eyes just sending a piercing glare my way. He relaxes, and turns confident.

“She’ll be mine in two months, every part of her. Her soft skin, her tiny frame, her lips, every single inch of that girl will be mine” He responds.

I feel my heart stop for a moment, the comment stabbing me like a knife. I ignore the feeling, and muster my best ‘ you’ smile.

“Yeah, but she’ll be a used toy by then buddy” I snicker, patting him on the back before leaving the room.

I walk down the hall and back into the dining room, to find Dara hugging her mother goodbye.

“Happy Birthday Mom”

“Thanks Sweetie”

“I love you”

“I love you too Dara”

“I don’t want to leave you, I haven’t seen you in so long”

“You have to go back and study, besides the fact that you have to work hard too. I’ll be fine”

“But…”

“No buts, Dara. Go back home now, you’re a good daughter”

The break apart, and then notice me and Hyun Joong.

“Well then, happy birthday Mrs. Park and I’ll see you another time” I flash her a smile, earning a smile back from her.

“Thank you Min Ho”

“Happy Birthday Mrs. Park. Thank you for this evening” Hyun Joong sounds.

“Oh you’re most certainly welcome dear”

I stride up to Dara and loop an arm around her.

“Well, we’ll be leaving then. Goodnight” I pop, before running out with my hostage.

I throw her in the car, though she protests as soon as we are out of the house. I lock her and me in, and drive away, before really paying attention to her ranting.

“You! Just stop doing all this crap already! Why the hell do you have to interfere with my life? You are like a demon from hell, who has been sent up her onto the surface of the earth to give me torture until the universe is satisfied!” She shrieks.

“What are you talking about?” I reply innocently.

“You know what you do! Following me around everywhere. Knowing things about my life and family that most people don’t know. Turning up at my mother’s home without me knowing. Touching me so casually. Making it seem like you own me in some way. All of it, just stop already”

“But I don’t feel like it” I laugh.

“I wish you would die” She mutters, crossing her arms across her chest.

“I know you do”

“Why are you so irritating?”

“Because I feel like it” I shrug.

“You know? One day I am going to get a crow bar and whack you so hard I will receive a medal for it”

 “And that day will come when the dinosaurs walk the earth once again”

“You don’t take me seriously” She complains.

“Why do you want to take me seriously?”

“Because sometimes it would be nice if my threats were actually considered threats to you” She grumbles.

“Do I look like I really care?” I yawn.

“Jerk” She snaps.

I laugh and turn down a few more streets before we’re in front of her building. She’s ready to get out of the car, but I don’t unlock it.

“Unlock the doors” She orders.

“No”

“Why?”

“Because I want to ask you something”

“Ask away” She clucks her tongue, impatient.

“Why was Hyun Joong with you when you arrived at your mom’s house?” I ask her bluntly.

“Huh?”

“You heard me”

“Ummm….because I needed help with getting to my mother’s house since I just missed my bus, so I caught a ride with Hyun Joong….”

“You could have called me, I would have brought you to your mom’s house” I sigh.

“I don’t have your phone number”

“Yeah you do, search for it”

“Why would you even say that to me?” I peer curiously.

“Because…I should be the only man in your life” I make up an excuse.

Her face morphs into that of a ghost, and I realize how that just sounded.

.

Wait…

Maybe I can use this to my advantage….

“I’ll walk you up” I murmur, getting out of my door and unlocking hers so she can get out.

She robotically gets out of the car, and follows me into her building. Every move she makes is stiff, rigid. Her eyes don’t meet mine, ever. I pretend not to notice her sudden change of attitude, but I can’t help wonder what is running through that simpleton mind of hers.

She probably thinks I like her.

Maybe this will keep her up all night.

Something mentally keeps on tugging at my sleeve, as if I am missing the most important part to all of this. I reflect on today while we wait in the elevator.

I looked over her schedule and saw that today was her mother’s birthday, so I assumed she would go over to her house to celebrate. I came over early, and knocked on the door. Informing her that I was a friend of Dara’s and that Dara had invited me over to celebrate with her. She let me in, talked to me about Dara. Asked what my relationship is with her daughter…

What is my relationship with you?

It’s all an act, a beautiful act.

I have to remember that, I mean I never forgot.

I’ll never forget, because I’m too good for that.

I waited patiently, and then she came just like I had anticipated. With Hyun Joong. I didn’t know how to react in a sense, I was completely shocked to see him with her. To know that he was already moving in on her, when she is meant to be my prey. I never would have believed that I would let a girl get in between my friendship with Hyun Joong, and yet here I was, mad as hell, over seeing him so close to her. I acted throughout it all, and I never let my feelings slip. Or at least, I hope nothing showed. Because even I at this point don’t know what my feelings are.

I break away from my train of thought when the lift doors part, showing her floor. I walk out with her, down the hall to her door. With shaky hands she unlocks it, but doesn’t go inside. Just stands there, head down. She bites her lip.

Cute.

“Goodnight jerk” She mutters harshly, something unexpected.

“Yah, geek why are you calling me a jerk again?” I tease.

“Because I feel like it” She shrugs, before closing the door in my face.

I turn on my heels and run a hand through my hair.

“There are a lot of things I feel like doing to you, and yet I don’t do them” I chuckle.

And by things.

I mean…

Dirty things…

If you get what I mean….

Goodnight Miss Sandara Park.

I will see you tomorrow.

Writer's Notes:

Hey guys!

I am sorry!

I am sorry!

I am sorry!

I am sorry!

I am sorry!

I am sorry!

I know, I . -.-"

I haven't updated in ages....BUT! My exams are over so....that means we must celebrate!

With a double update ^o^

So, instead of hating me and mentally stabbing me with a dagger, let's move on to the next chapter and be happy campers.

Because now I can update again~~~

Thanks for reading and for all your support!

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3