A Werewolf Boy

Silly Bets

 

Sandara Park’s POV

Ugh that idiot.

Min Ho had insisted that I stay over at his house tonight because I now had clothes and he wanted to sleep in his bed. I argued that he could go back to his place and me back to mine, but he wouldn’t have it.

I was stranded. At the Lee’s home, without Mrs and Mr Lee’s parental guidance for God knows how long. I didn’t want to imagine what that idiot might have in mind for the evening.

I took a deep breath and made my way to his oversized bathroom, feeling like a mouse inside. He had everything all of our purchases washed and dried for me as soon as we arrived back. The apple themed couple pyjamas we bought from Cherry Couple during our second trip there lay on a maple wood table next to the bathtub. Along with some of the skimpy lingerie from Victoria’s Secret, that no doubt the ert himself decided I should wear tonight.

I shuddered at his possible intentions and bit my lip, attempting to supress the memory of that one night. It wasn’t that I hated what happened that night. It was just that it was so…so…so shameless. I had never been so shameless in my life and it made me wonder if he judged me because of that shamelessness.

But I already knew he never would.

I swiftly undressed and slipped into the shower, intending to be as fast as I could. Min Ho was somewhere else in the house washing up too, but there was no lock on the door in here and the last thing I wanted was for him to come in here while I’m still indecent. Something which I knew he wouldn’t hesitate to do. 

“Why did I fall in love with a ert?” I sighed to myself.


“Babe”

“Hmmm?” I hummed, as we watched A Werewolf Boy in Min Ho’s room.

“Do we have to watch this?” He blew into my ear, making me shift uncomfortably on the bed.

“You don’t have to watch it with me if you don’t want to” I replied coldly, too immersed in the movie.

I loved this movie. It was so sad and I knew I would be crying soon, just like all the other times I had watched it. It was such a profound love story and it didn’t need a kiss to indicate that the two protagonists loved each other. It didn’t need a shy confession. It didn’t need any of that. Not even words. And when the werewolf boy would finally speak and say don’t go my heart would crumble.

I was not going to stop watching this movie, not even for Min Ho.

“Dara” He nudged me, trying to get my undivided attention.

“No”

“Come on, we went shopping all day together” He whinged.

“Then what do you want us to do?” I asked, not even glancing his way.

“Well I was thinking…” He trailed off, wrapping his arms around me.

He began to rub small circles on the sides of my arms. My back against his chest, he burrowed his face into the crook of my neck. Inhaling my scent and planting light kisses down my neck to my shoulder.

“No Min Ho” I wriggled in his grasp.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m watching a movie” I scoffed, sticking a pepero stick in my mouth.

I thought I had won the argument because he didn’t say anything after that. Curious, I tilted my head to look at him- with the pepero still in my mouth. With a smirk in his eyes, Min Ho leaned down and bit onto the peperos other end. But he didn’t break it off. I tried to pull away from him with my snack, but he wouldn’t budge. I paused the movie and glared at him.

“What are you doing?” I asked through my teeth.

“Eating pepero” He answered through his teeth.

“Get you own from the box”

“No I want this one” He replied stubbornly.

Why? Why do you have to be such a pain?

Being stubborn myself, I took more of the stick in my mouth and he did the same. Again I got more in my mouth, trying to tug away from him. He was leaning so far over me that I ended up lying on my back, with him hovering over me. Our faces so close to each other that I could make out a few faint freckles on his face. I was drowning in his eyes and forgot about the movie.

He kissed me, closing in on that small gap that separated us. The pepero melting in our mouths sweetened the kiss. Chocolate and cookie could be tasted in his cavern and his tongue skilfully danced with mine, just like the previous kisses. Though my eyes were closed, there were explosions of colour everywhere, red, then yellow, violet and then green.

He broke away first.

“I won” He cockily announced.

“Go away” I lightly shoved him, though he didn’t falter.

“Never” He murmured before pressing his lips against mine again.

I didn’t fight him, how could I? He had successfully grabbed my attention and I was not going to get it back for a while. Our lips meshed together, with my arms around his thick neck and his hands supporting him by my head. He trapped me in between his legs and instinctively I brought my legs slightly up, my knees bent. One sneaky hand travelled down to my thigh and began to slide upwards. The couple pyjamas that we wore had one difference, I had shorts and he had pants. I shivered under his touch and brought him closer to me. A small moan escaping from me, as he nibbled on my bottom lip.

“Omo!”

We stopped instantly, and turned our heads in the direction of the voice. Mrs Lee stood in the doorway with a shocked expression caked onto her face. Her eyes wide and ajar. My face drained of all colour and I felt my mouth go dry.

“M-m-mom what are you doing here!?” Min Ho stuttered like a child who just got caught stealing a cookie from the jar.

“Your father and I just got home from our meeting and I came up here to see if you wanted to join us for macaroons” She said, her feet glued to the doorway.

Please kill me now.

“But I can see that neither of you will want to come downstairs…” She trailed off, looking at her nails.

“E-e-eomma-” I helplessly tripped over my speech.

“I guess I should start knocking now huh?” She asked with a sly fox-like smile.

My cheeks turned crimson and my lips formed into a tight line.

“Mom!” Min Ho yelled at her comment.

“So exciting. You know you’re the first girl Min Ho has ever brought over here, right Dara? And the first girl to ever sleep over” She giggled.

Really?

“Mom! Cut it out!”

“Okay, okay. I’ll leave you to be. Oh and by the way if you need protection just go and ask Dad” She winked and quickly closed the door.

I was mortified by her last sentence and I was sure Min Ho was too.

“Oh my God that woman” He muttered, collapsing on top of me.

“Your mom just scarred me for life” I whispered breathlessly, his hair as he hid his face in my neck.

“You’re not the only one” He chuckled.

His teeth grazed my neck and he began to on the sensitive skin of my neck. I was horrified that he was still acting like that after his mom just came in and grossed us out.

“Seriously?” I scoffed.

“Well…you did say earlier that we could do anything I wanted for the whole day” He mumbled against my neck, the vibrations making me close my eyes.

“You’re awful I hope you know that”

“I have needs Dara and you’re my girlfriend” He lifted his head up to peck kisses along my jaw.

“We just…did it...a few days ago” I struggled to admit it- that embarrassing thing.

“Exactly we haven’t done it for days” He said exasperatedly.

“You’re crazy”

“Only for you”

“And cheesy” I added.

Instead of retorting, he stole a kiss from me and his hands began to slide underneath my pyjama shirt.

“You know what? Macaroons don’t sound too bad right now” I said, sitting up.


“Just one photo! Please! And then you two can retreat back to your room” Mrs Lee begged with her camera in her hand.

“Why?” Min Ho groaned, raking a hand through his hair.

“Because I need a photo of the cutest couple in matching pyjamas!” She said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

This really is getting to be too much.

“They look ridiculous” Mr Lee sighed, rubbing his temples.

“No they don’t” Mrs Lee shot back.

“Let’s hang out at my place from now on” I whispered to Min Ho through clenched teeth.

“Agreed” He hissed back.

Slowly, while his parents continued to quarrel, we backed away. Tip toeing towards the stairs, we slivered away unnoticed as the immature pair bickered like young children.

“We better not be like that in 30 years’ time” I huffed when we finally reached his bedroom.

He shuddered and nodded, leaning against the wall.

Just then a knock sounded at the door.

“Come in” Min Ho called.

A maid appeared before us, her eyes half open, seeming to want to go to sleep as soon as possible.

“Young Master, Mr Kim Bum wants to speak with you in private” She drawled.

“He’s here?” Min Ho all of a sudden seemed very alive.

“Yes Young Master” She nodded once.

He turned to me and I gave him a small smile.

“I’ll be back in a minute. Wait here okay?” He requested.

“Sure” I popped.

He walked away with the maid, the door closed, the room quiet. The curtains were closed and the movie was still on pause from where we left off.

That great sadness fell onto my shoulders once I remembered what today was. The great sadness came every year without fail. Today was a week before my dad’s death anniversary. It would be the fourth year since he died. Four years since we got that phone call from the station saying that he had died on the job. There was never a cause of death given to us, despite our demands for one. It had been a month since we had seen him too at the time. We were so used to his absence already that when didn’t turn up for that one month we weren’t concerned the slightest bit. We thought he’d come back home when he’d come back home and life was just that simple.

The great sadness was heavy and I bit my lip, wondering how I didn’t realize what time of year it was.

Min Ho had been taken up so much space in my head that I didn’t realize the approaching day. The problems Min Ho caused, the confusion Min Ho caused, the emotions Min Ho caused, Min Ho in general filled up the majority of my thoughts. Like a file on a USB that somehow manages to steal away three quarters of the empty space there once was.

I jumped onto the large bed and reached for my phone, but it tumbled to the floor underneath. I pouted and clambered over to the floor, on my hands and knees. There were two shadows under the bed, both rectangular, both small, both the same size as my phone. I reached for the obvious choice, the one nearest to the edge.

It wasn’t my phone.

In fact, it was something I never expected to find under Min Ho’s bed ever. Or anyone else’s for that matter. The sides of the pages had browned with age and I imagined that the ink on the inside must have been fading away slowly too. The black cover was worn around the edges and had permanent dust stains here and there.

The air in my lungs had been right out of me. I didn’t notice that I had been holding my breath. My fingers traced the edges of the pages, which were no longer sharp but blunt and soft. No chance of a paper cut. A montage of images, memories, flashed through my head. So much time compressed into a second, understandable to only myself.

He had my diary.

My old, worn, torn diary.

My diary, that contained my deepest, most immature and innocent of thoughts. My diary which held feelings that had been stowed away in the pits of my subconscious. Feelings that I fought with every day, drowning them, aiming for them to never reach my surface.

He knew things about me that not even my best friend knew about me.

“How?” It came out of me in a hoarse whisper.

Confusion washed over me like a tsunami wave, and a string of possibilities began to wrap around me, invading my mind. How did this get here? It was like asking how he knew my apartment pin number, how he knew where I lived, how he knew so many things about me.

He had either stolen it or had someone else get it for him. Both left a bad taste in my mouth. I could deal with him doing those invasive things in the past, when I still hated him. But those things weren’t like this. This was a piece of me, a part of me. Something that anyone with a shred of decency wouldn’t dare to take.

“What the hell Lee Min Ho?”

I needed answers, and I needed them now. Fear crept through my body and I gulped down praying to find out that this was all just a misunderstanding.

Why do you have my diary Min Ho?

 



 

My Werewolf Boy,

I thought he was strange and I hated him because of that,

But he slowly pried his way into my heart and I melted,

But he was by nature a werewolf,

A cruel cruel werewolf,

And he ate my heart,

Without even flinching.

 


Writer's Notes:

That little piece above is what I felt when thinking about being in Dara's position myself. So ignore it, I know it .

This is the third update today and maybe not the last- emphasis on MAYBE.

Please do comment! I need something to warm me in this cold weather besides the layers of clothing and blankets.

Thanks for subscribing/commenting/upvoting/reading/supporting!

Lots of Love,
xoxoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3