Plushies

Silly Bets

 

No POV

The sensation of falling in love is a beautiful one.
That is, unless you are Sandara Park and Lee Min Ho.
Though the two weren’t aware of those mixed feelings stirring inside themselves, one thing was guaranteed…
Trouble.

The next day, after Dara’s little ‘punishment’, things were going to get interesting.
For everyone.

But of course, only you and I know that…

Sandara Park’s POV

“Omo! Dara, are those hickeys on your neck!?” Bommie shrieks far too loud as I open my apartment door.

“Can you not be so loud in the morning? Huh? What?” I snap from my sleepy trance.

“Sandara Park, why are there hickeys all over your neck?” She hisses, as I close the door behind her.

“Ugh…..Lee Min Ho.....” I groan, pushing back my bed hair with my hand.

“You had with Lee Min Ho!?!?” She almost screams.

“Yah! Not so loud. And what the hell? Pabo! Of course I didn’t, I would never give my ity to that bastard” My tone showing my utter disgust at the thought, as I sit down on the sofa.

Bommie gives me a suspicious look and sits next to me.

“Then why did Lee Min Ho, give you hickeys?”

I sigh, and explain the whole thing to her. By the end of it, she has a stupid grin on her face.

“Damn Dara! I’m jealous!” Bommie giggles.

“What do you mean you’re jealous!?” I yell.

I just told you all about what that jerk, Min Ho has been doing to me, and this is your reaction!?

Something is seriously wrong with you Park Bom!

“You’re so lucky. You have someone who always wants to be around you-”

“To annoy the hell out of me” I mutter.

“Someone who is so possessive over you-” She continues on dreamily.

“Because he has mental issues” I mumble.

“Someone who wants to know everything about you-“

“So he can find my weakness and use it to taunt me forever” I grumble.

“Someone who wants to touch you intimately-”

“Without my freaking consent” I add.

Bommie stops talking and gives me a smirk.

“I bet you like it”

“What?” I spit.

“I bet whenever Min Ho touches you, you get excited. I bet, when he made those hickeys, you moaned shamelessly”

I feel my whole body flush scarlet red at the last part of her sentence, all of a sudden very hot.

“Omo! Did you really moan shamelessly when he was doing that? Never mind I know the answer to that by your body language. But, omo, Dara I can’t believe that I was right” Bommie says in pure amazement.

There’s something wrong with me.

I’m sick.

That must be it.

I have caught some awful disease from being around that jerk all the time.

“I wonder when you two will actually do it” She muses to herself.

“What the hell did you just say Park Bom?” I glare at her.

“What? I am genuinely curious about when that y beast is going to steal my best friend’s innocence” She smiles cheekily.

“That will never happen”

“Why?” She pouts.

“Because I hate him” I say in a matter of fact tone.

“Are you sure about that?” Bom’s tone turns serious.

“Huh? Why are you asking that question now Bommie?”

“Because Dara, I think that you two are kidding yourselves now, if you truly believe that you only feel hate for one another”

“Are you on drugs or something?” I ask, concerned that my best friend has been taking something to go crazy.

“I know you best, and I think that maybe, just maybe….you actually like him”

Lee Min Ho’s POV

“Why don’t we just become a couple Min Ho?” Yuri smiles sleepily at me.

“Because I don’t like you” I answer bluntly.

“What do you mean? You always come here, we always have …” She trails off with a goofy grin.

“I have needs, you have needs. Sometimes we fulfill each other’s needs, that’s it” I yawn, sitting up in bed.

“So…we’re friends with benefits?” She pops, sitting up as well.

 “When did I ever say we were friends?” I ask coldly, looking down at her from contently staring at nothing.

“Awwww, come now Oppa. We’ve known each other since we were little kids. We used to hang out with each other at school”

“The 15 wealthiest kids in school, I do remember that. But we only hung out with you girls because you were of the same social statuses. I never thought of any of you as my friends”

“Oppa don’t be mean, you know I’ve liked you since we were little” She pouts, using aegyo.

Don’t do that, it’s disgusting on you.

So annoying.

“You should be used to rejection by now. Speaking of which, aren’t you the only one out of the seven who isn’t married now?” I chuckle.

“Maybe I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me” She mumbles, her eyes resting on me.

“Ugh….I’m leaving” I sigh, getting out of bed, not caring that I’m completely bare as I stand.

“Do you want to get some breakfast before you leave?” She asks in a lighter, chirpier tone.

“You know I don’t stay around for breakfast with girls like you” I glance back at her, ignoring the fact that I practically just insulted her.

She frowns disappointed and gets out of bed, slipping on a dressing gown to cover herself. She walks over to me as I get dressed and wraps her arms around my neck, staring up into my eyes with a worried face.

“Is there something that’s been bothering you? Recently, every time you come here you’ve been really moody and even rougher, if that’s even possible…..”

Sandara Park continues to push m buttons and .

“No” I say blankly, removing her arms from around my neck.

“Are you sure?”

I stop right in front of the door, and turn around to face her. Sending her a chilling stare, fed up with her little interrogation first thing in the morning.

“I’m fine Yuri”

“O-okay, don’t get mad” She mumbles.

I nod and open the door, just as I am about to step out, she stops me again. But instead of annoying me with another question, she grabs my wrist and turns me slightly, giving me a quick kiss. When she breaks away, I chuckle and walk away.

Typical.

As I walk towards my car, twirling my keys around a finger, something whispers to me.

Dara has nicer lips.

I shake the thought away, not even knowing where it came from.

Why am I thinking all these strange things?

Sandara Park’s POV

Which one should I give to Minzy?

I had been staring long and hard at the two stuffed toys for about 10 minutes, debating over whether I would give Minzy the penguin plushy or the mushroom plushy.
I didn’t know why, but ever since Minzy would come over to my place, she would always beg for me to give her those plushies.
And since it was here birthday next week, I was going to give her one.

But which freaking one?!

Just then, a knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.  I look down at myself to check that I am presentable, unlike this morning with Bommie.
I am now wearing a white, long sleeve dress with strawberries printed all over it and with a black collar. It ends just at my mid-thigh, which is the average amount of skin that most girls actually show, so I just shrug and walk over to the door. When I open it, I come face to face with someone I didn’t expect at all.

“Hyun Joong?”

“Hey” He smiles, that usual, perfect gentleman smile.

I haven’t seen you since that night.

He’s wearing a white blazer, a black v neck shirt and white pants, with nice leather shoes.

Well dressed as always too.

“Ummm….what are you doing here? Do you want to come inside?” I ask awkwardly.

He nods and walks in, I close the door behind him and he sits down on the sofa, so I just follow and sit beside him.

“You look pretty today” He compliments.

Just as I am about to thank him, he speaks again.

“I-I mean, you always look pretty, i-it’s just that today y-y-you look really pretty” He stutters, nervous.

“Thanks” I laugh softly.

He blushes a little, and purses his lips for a moment.

“How have you been?” He asks.

“I’ve been fine, what about you?”

“I’ve been fine too”

We stay sitting there silently for a few minutes, before he breaks the awkward silnce.

“I came here to talk to you about something….” He trails off.

“Okay…”

“You know that I like you Dara, right?” He suddenly questions.

Kyahh!

I feel blood rush to my face, coloring my cheeks, and I barely manage to nod.

“How do you feel about that?”

“I-I-I…..” I sputter, not knowing what to say.

He waits patiently, smooth faced.

“I-I don’t actually know how I feel…” I confess.

“That’s okay” He reassures me, gently.

“You’re a nice guy, Hyun Joong” I smile weakly.

“Would you consider going out with me?”

Oh God!

Why are you asking me these questions? You’re making my head spin.

But….

“Yeah” I answer quietly.

It isn’t like I’m attached to anyone.

His eyes twinkle, which makes my heart flutter.

“Will you go out with me?”

“Huh? Right now?” I almost jump out of my seat.

“Yeah. Unless….you’re busy….” He trails off, suddenly embarrassed.

“Hmmmmm….” I pretend to be thinking about it, teasing him.

He waits, hopeful.

“Okay” I beam at him.

He brightens up instantly, and I can’t help but continue to smile because of him.

“But, I need you help with something first” I say sternly.

“Huh? What is it?” He asks.

“Come with me” I gesture to the bedroom, where the pushies are.

You will help me decide, Hyun Joong Oppa.

Lee Min Ho’s POV

What should I do?

Go meet up with the guys?

See Dara?

Do some work?

See Dara?

Do some shopping?

See Dara?

Go somewhere by myself?

“See Dara?” I say aloud, as I finish getting dressed in my bedroom.

As I slip on my watch and see the time, I mutter to myself.

“Definitely see Dara”

I smile as I run down the stairs to the garage and get into my car, starting the car fast. Feeling kind of excited to be going to see that silly girl today, as if something good is going to happen today. I drive fast, and soon am outside her building again. I impatiently tap my foot, while waiting in the elevator. As soon as I reach her floor, I get out. Not wasting time to get to her door. I punch in the password, and slip inside.

“Yah! What’s so wrong with the penguin?” I hear her giggle from her bedroom.

“Everything! Mushroom is obviously better” A familiar voice sounds, just as amused as Dara’s.

Hyun Joong?

“Fine, then Mushroom wins”

“Giving in so quickly?” The same voice sounds, only confirming something for me.

Hyun Joong.

I feel my jaw lock, as I stride into the bedroom. To find Dara and Hyun Joong sitting on the bed together, holding up stuffed toys. All smiles and sunshine, until she sees me. Her pupils dilate, turns into an ‘o’ and her face whitens.

“Min Ho” She breathes.

Hyun Joong turns to meet my gaze upon the two of them too, surprised but not startled like Dara. More on the side of, ‘what the hell are you doing here?’.

“Hey” I say to her, ignoring him for a moment.

“Hi man” Hyun Joong greets blankly.

“Hi Hyun Joong” I mimic his blank tone.

“What’s up?” She clears .

“Nothing much, I just wanted to see you” I shrug, my eyes staying on only her.

“Ahhh….well, we were just about to leave….” Hyun Joong says, snaking an arm around Dara’s waist.

Get your hands off of her.

I see her gulp down hard, probably noticing how my eyes zoomed in on Hyun Joong’s hand.

“I see”

“Well, maybe we should all leave then….” Hyun Joong suggests, pulling him and Dara off the bed together, still holding her when they are standing.

I nod, and let them go first. Once we are all out of the apartment, we say goodbye to each other and I watch Hyun Joong walk away with Dara still in his arms. My hands ball up into tight fists, and I feel like I need to punch something.

Or someone.

Someone in particular.

There are so many questions swimming in my mind right now, and feelings that unknown to me are pooling at the bottom of my stomach.

Why were they alone in her bedroom?

Why was he there?

Are they going on a date?

Are they dating?

Are they a couple?

Where are they going?

When will she be back?

For the first time, I feel something that I never thought I would feel while playing this game.

I’m the other guy.

As if I’m the third wheel.

The one, who is going to be completely phased out soon.

Writer's Notes:

No Min Ho! Don't feel disheartened!
Don't worry guys, in the next chapter he'll become his old, possessive, jealous self again ^^
It's just that when Hyun Joong was the guy near her, in the intimate space of bedroom, Min Ho didn't know how to react.
I am off to watch one more episode of Faith, before I sleep.
I will update tomorrow ^^
So, be patient for 10-12 hours.
I'll be back.
I love you guys!

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3