Misunderstood

Silly Bets

(a/n: Not edited, I will explain why I haven't updated in the Writer's Notes belows...)

A single moment of misunderstanding is sometimes so poisonus,

that is causes one to forget within a minute,

the thousands precious moments spent with the other.


No POV

As soon as those 3 words left Dara’s mouth, she snapped. No logic behind her next actions, no valid reason for what she did next. Especially since as far as she was concerned, she didn’t have feelings for Min Ho.

“Hyun Joong, let yourself out” She slips a pair of ballet flats, not even glancing back at him.

“Why-”

Dara doesn’t stay around to listen to his question, bolting out the door. Sprinting in the clothes she slept in, through the halls, fluffy hair bouncing. the ground floor button in the elevator, unable to stand still as she rides down. She was stressing, and hasn’t a single clue as to why. All she knew was that she needed to stop Min Ho from leaving before she explained. Pacing back and forth, scrunching her hair in her hands.

Damn it Lee Min Ho

She mentally growled, tapping her foot impatiently in the confined space.

While Dara was going down the elevator, Min Ho had just made it down the stairs. Stepping into the apartment building’s lobby, heart aching. He takes a deep breath, and continues walking. Exiting the building, just as the elevator doors open. Running a hand through his hair, as he bites his lip. Trying his best to hold his anger in, to not take it out on random people brushing past him. He spots his car, and picks up pace.

Why?

He keeps on asking himself, over and over again. The pain being worse than any other he has experienced before. Min Ho’s ears prick up, at the sound of quick steps.

“Min Ho!” Dara’s voice calls from not too far behind him, coaxing him to stop.

Coming to a standstill, at the sound of his name. He falters only for a moment though, promptly being brought back to reality. He swiftly gets into his car, starting the engine.

Dara on the other hand, edges closer to where he is. Almost there, hopeful. But then the car zooms away, just as she is about to bang on the passenger door window.

Left panting, in pyjamas. Dara stares at the empty parking space, an awful twisting of her stomach being felt. Emotions that she cannot identify in the situation, bubbling to the surface.

“Wait” She whimpers, blankly gazing at the nothingness.

Some passers-by thought she was a deranged girl, who liked to run around the city looking like a complete mess. Others in the area, thought she and Min Ho were a couple who got into a fight. Feeling pity for the pair, and wishing them the best in reconciling. There were also those who believed she was simply unusual. A girl with an asphalt perhaps?

Meanwhile, Hyun Joong was gawking at the door that now two people have escaped through. He was dazed and confused. Sure he knew that Dara and Min Ho hung out quite a bit, but he never thought she would run after the guy. Hyun Joong was well aware that Min Ho had something for his love, though he would never acknowledge that. When he saw how Min Ho reacted to seeing the Dara and himself this morning, he couldn’t help but smirk and pretend he and Dara had fooled around.

Resulting in a drama scene, where he ended up to be the third wheel.

Could they both have feelings for each other?

He asked himself, hurt oozing through his body. Hyun Joong had liked other girls before Dara, many girls. He had even fallen in love a couple of times before meeting Dara. But once he laid his eyes on Dara, he felt drawn. He felt that she was different.

Dara had that effect on many people.

It has been said that there are a few people in this world…that have a particular body chemistry…which is alluring to the majority of the opposite .

If that was true, Dara was among those few people.

The good thing about Kim Hyun Joong, is that he is self-sacrificing. A quality many girls desire in their men. So if Dara needed some space, he would gladly give it.

However, if Dara wanted to be with Min Ho…

Even Hyun Joong did not know how he would handle such a matter…

Lee Min Ho’s POV

“I truly thought that she would never let someone else touch her” I scoff, as I continue filling out paperwork in my room.

Why Dara?

Why?

I stand up from my desk, sighing. Knowing that in my state of mind, I won’t be able to do work properly. Remembering that bastard with her, laughing. Imagining them together, picturing what they must have been doing while I was away.

His hands on her…sweat…mewls…her lips…her spots…

Fury within me, rising to the surface. I punch the wall in frustration, making a dent.

“”

I kick my chair, causing it to tumble to the ground. Nostrils flaring, as I take out my wrath on every object in the room. Furniture scratched and shattered. Noise filling the empty room

“ my life!” I shout, hearing my echo reply.

Why Sandara Park?

Why did you do it?

Why do I care?

I groan, flinging my head back.

Just then, my phone rings.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Oppa~ Do you want to come over?” That annoying, sugary voice sounds.

“Why?” I grunt.

“Because…I just want to see you”

“Let me take care of you Min Ho” Yuri continues, in a rather sultry voice. Most likely twirling a lock of her hair while speaking.

I shouldn’t go, I’m mad at her for this kind of thing…

I purse my lips, phone in hand.

Why should I care though?

I don’t care.

I don’t answer to Dara and if she allowed to play such a game, then why can’t I?

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes” I nonchalantly answer, hanging up.

I grabbed my jacket, phone and credit card. Leaving the room in a shambles. Keys twirling around my index finger, as I walk down the stairs. Car waiting for me at the front of the house, where I left it. Sloppily parked. I get in and drive.

I’m still angry, most definitely. Perhaps slightly mad too. But this is what I feel and no one can question that. Maybe if I hadn’t walked in at that moment things would be different. But I did walk in at that moment. I had seen what I had seen, and for me that was enough to condemn her. To leave her. Though we were never on the same page for me to leave, for what we are there is no word for.

“Aish, why do I keep thinking this way?”

This has only ever been a game.

A bet.

For entertainment purposes only. To get a good laugh out of toying with Dara’s heart and to earn some extra easy cash on the side.

It was never intended for me to become familiar with her.

To become comfortable with Sandara Park.

The plan never included becoming attached to her.

I sigh.

Why does it feel like I was the one that was toyed with in the end?

My pondering doesn’t last long, as I arrive outside of Yuri’s apartment on a more upmarket side of the city.

Sandara Park’s POV

“Are you okay?” Hyun Joong asks, taking a sip from his coffee.

“Yeah” I smile weakly, something gnawing at my insides.

Hyun Joong had called me later in the morning, asking if we could meetup for coffee after lunch. Of course I couldn’t say no after this mornings disaster, it would be rude and misleading.

But then again...should I even be dating him?

“Have you spoken to him at all today?” Hyun Joong sighs.

“No” I respond in a monotone.

Where are you jerk?

Why are you being like this?

Why do you have to make my heart ache so badly?

“Sorry Dara, I’ll be leaving first” He suddenly announces, standing up.

“Oh...okay” I nod, standing too.

We both walk out of the shop, going in different directions. Not another word exchanged. I feel relieved once he’s out of sight. I feel like it’s okay to breathe again, to not put on an act.

I’m not okay.

That pabo is clouding my mind and I don’t know what to do.

I see couples walking by me, holding hands. The view pinches my heart ever so slightly. Laughing, smiling, speaking in hushed, intimate tones. It drives me to the point of insanity, wanting to go and hide in a hole to die.

When he came this morning, I felt so helpless. The world was closing in around me, collapsing. But the worst part of it all was...

I couldn’t stop him from leaving.

When I get home, Bommie is lounging on my couch playing on her phone.

“Yah, why weren’t you here?” She calls, not glancing up at me.

“I was with Hyun Joong” I say, closing the door.

“Oh” She pops, sitting up and putting her phone down.

Bommie has a frown on her face, as I sit down next to her. Staring at me, almost as if I have something on my face.

“Why are you here?”

“I was bored, class just ended about 10 minutes ago”

I nod, only half there. The other part of me focusing on the absence of Min Ho.

“Why are you still dating Hyun Joong?”

“Why not? He’s a nice guy”

“He’s not Lee Min Ho” She debates.

“Why are we talking about him again?” I mumble, crossing my arms.

“I thought you would have been with him if anything...”

“Well, he isn’t talking to me”

“What?!” She shouts.

“Bommie don’t be so loud!” I scold.

“Hyun Joong and I fell asleep last night watching Hana Yori Dango-” I start explaining.

“Omo! You know, you’re life right now kind of matches that-” She stops when she sees me glaring at her.

“Sorry” She murmurs.

“Anyway, I let Hyun Joong shower here this morning because he was still wearing yesterdays clothes. When we were about to make breakfast in the kitchen, Min Ho showed up. And...things went badly from there”

“He thinks you slept with Hyun Joong?”

“Yep”

“I knew this wasn’t a one sided love!”

“Bom!”

“Sorry”

“He stormed out, and I chased after him” I close my eyes, scared to cry.

“I didn’t get to stop him”

“I’m sorry to hear that Dara” Bommie hugs me.

‘”But he’ll come around. I mean he visits you almost everyday-”

“I don’t think so”

“Huh? Why?”

“The night before...he said a few things...” I trail off.

“Like?”

I retell last night’s events too, and by the end of it she is mad. At me.

“You’re so thick skinned!”

“Yah!”

‘You are totally in love with him! And he loves you too! And you just had to mess this up!”

“It’s not my fault that he came to his own conclusions!” I cry.

“Imagine the roles reversed. How would you act if you walked in on Min Ho and that girl you saw with him once? Wouldn’t you think the same thing?”

I can’t answer to that, not properly.

“It’s different” I mumble.

“No it isn’t, and you know it. Sandara Park, I love you and all that. But I swear, you must be one of the most hopeless people I know” She groans.

“Sorry” I apologize.

“Dara, you are going to go to his house right now and you are going to explain everything” She start, pacing back and forth with her hands behind her back.

“B-b-but-” I stutter.

“No buts. As your best friend I am ordering you to do this” She firmly says.

“You can’t tell me what to do Bommie” I whine.

“If you don’t do it I am going to call your mom and tell her that you and your fiancé are fighting” She threatens.

“You wouldn’t” I gasp.

“Try me” She narrows her eyes.

“H-he i-i-isn’t even m-my fiancé”

“Okay, lets see who your mom believes then shall we? I can call her right now” She slips out her phone, dialling the number.

Oh God...

“Wait! Stop! I’ll go! I’ll go! Just don’t call my mother!” I plea.

“Good” She beams, putting her phone back down.

“I hate you”

“You won’t be saying that on your wedding day...” She sing songs.

I roll my eyes and walk to my bedroom.

I guess I should change.

Lee Min Ho’s POV

“I missed you so much” Yuri coos, slipping into a dressing gown.

Well I didn’t.

The whole time Yuri was touching me, it felt wrong. So wrong. I felt every fibre in my body screaming to stop, that what I was doing wasn’t okay. But of course I ignored it. You could say that my body was writhing in pleasure, but my mind was being tortured.

Thoughts of her jumping in every 5 seconds.

Her soft smile, that made my heart flutter.

Her warm touch, that etched into my skin.

Her small hands, that fit so perfectly in mine.

“Damn it Dara” I whisper under my breath, sitting up.

“I’m so glad you came back baby” Yuri sits down on the bed, massaging my shoulders from behind.

You wanted me to leave you alone Dara?

I’ll leave you alone.

“You’re the best” She my ear lobe.

I‘m such a hypocrite.

“I need to go” I stand, gathering my clothes.

“But you just got back...”

I shrug, quickly getting changed.

“And you were even more aggressive this time, if that’s even possible”

Because all I could think of was what they did.

“It was so y” She sighs, sauntering over to me.

“You should come back later tonight” She wraps her arms around my neck, gazing into my eyes.

“Maybe” I answer, slipping away from her just as she puckers her lips for a kiss.

“Bye” I open the door.

“Byebye” She replies, disappointed.

I shudder as I walk to the elevator, hating everything I did.

Why can’t I do anything without feeling guilty anymore?

It’s so annoying.

She can do whatever she wants and not feel a thing, and yet when I do it I must feel this way.

“My punishment” I mutter, as the elevator doors open at the ground floor.

“I can’t believe you’re actually here” Someone scoffs, disgusted.

I am met with Hyun Joong, who looks pissed off.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I snarl, walking over to him.

“Looking for you ”

“Why?”

“Because we need to talk”

“Fine let’s talk” I bump shoulders with him, walking out of the building to an alleyway.

He follows, and when we’re out of most people’s sight, we begin.

“You acted weird this morning” He comments.

“Yeah. So what happened last night?” I dryly ask.

Why am I asking about something I already know the answer to?

“I wanted to leave once the drama was over...but Dara...well...” He smirks.

“Well what?”

“She begged me to stay...as if she couldn’t get enough of me...and how could I refuse?” He chuckles.

My hands form fists.

“That doesn’t sound like Dara at all” I growl.

“I guess you don’t know her well then”

“How do you feel about her anyway?” He teases.

My body heats up.

“You know Dara may seem really innocent on the outside, but in the bedroom-”

I punch him, knocking Hyun Joong to the ground.

“You !” I shout, as he gets up and pushes me.

“You’re one to talk, what were you doing with Yuri again? Huh?” He punches my jaw.

“Shut up” I kick him in the shin.

“Make me” He laugh, grabbing my collar as he falls to the ground, bringing us both crashing down onto the concrete.

“Scumbag!” I roar, punching him repeatedly.

“I don’t know what she even saw in you!” He cackles, not fighting back.

“What does she see in you?!” I retort.

“Nothing, because she’s freaking in love with you!”

“What?” I stop, fist held back at my ear.

“She was meant to be mine this time but you just had to snatch her back” He chuckles bitterly, spitting to the side.

“What the are you talking about?”

“We didn’t do anything last night dip, we fell asleep on the couch while watching TV. In the morning I showered because I was in yesterday’s clothes. We did nothing”

“Nothing happened?” I ask.

“Nothing” His tone comes out flat.

“Dara is lying through her teeth saying that she is okay, but it’s obviously a lie”

They didn’t do anything.

They didn’t do it.

Dara didn’t ignore my words.

“Why couldn’t you just say all of this before?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Because I needed to confirm something” He breathes.

“Oh”

“Can you get off of me now?”

I obliged, standing up. He gets to his feet slowly too. No broken skin on the two of us, but definite bruises forming on Hyun Joong’s face from the amount of hits he willingly let me land on him.

“Thanks for letting me know” I mutter.

“Admittedly I didn’t do it for you but for Dara” He scowls.

“Fair enough” I nod, still catching my breath.

“I’ll be leaving first then” He mutters, walking away as if nothing happened.

Dara...

I need to see you.

“I’ll go home and eat first” I nod to myself, walking back to my car.

The car ride is short, and as soon as I get home. I run inside.

“Oh! Young Master wait!” A maid calls, as I open my bedroom door.

My jaw drops, my body frozen. I simply gawk into my bedroom.

“D-Dara?”

Sandara Park’s POV

“Is Min Ho home?” I ask, nervous.

“Young Master should be home in half an hour” The maid answers quietly.

“Oh”

“Young Master’s Friend can wait here at the house if she wishes to do so” She peeps, with hopeful eyes.

She must be younger than me! She looks like she’s still in high school.

“Would that be okay?” I tilt my head to the side.

“Most certainly” She grins, gesturing for me to come in.

“Thank you” I timidly enter, taking off my shoes.

“Who is this?” A man in his forties walks towards me in a suit.

“Sir this is Young Master’s Friend, Sandara Park” The maid sounds.

“Oh really?” He raises his eyebrows.

“It’s nice to meet you sir” I bow, feeling scarred all of a sudden.

Gah! Why is his Dad here!?

“Please call me Appa. Why is such a pretty girl friends with my ignorant son?” He gives me a warm smile.

I blush at that, and look down at the ground.

“Where is Min Ho?” He turns to the maid.

“Young Master went out sir, he said he would be back for dinner”

“Aish, so useless” Mr. Lee mumbles just loud enough for me to hear.

I look around awkwardly, wondering what I am meant to do now. The maid leaves the two of us, and I bite my lip. Mr. Lee watching me curiously, with an expression that Min Ho must have inherited from him.

“So...Sandara tell me about yourself”

Wahhhh!!

I don’t want to!

What do you want me to say!?

“Ummm...I’m in my second year of university...err...I attended the same elementary school and high school as your son...and...I am working to pay off my student loan”

“Oh, you and Min Ho went to school together?” He enquires.

“Yes. If you don’t mind me asking...why did you send him to my school? It was so...ordinary...”

“Good question. I sent him there to teach him how to interact with all sorts of people well” He answers.

“However that didn’t turn out too well...” He chuckles.

I laugh at that, Mr. Lee doesn’t seem to be offended by that. After our laughter dies down, he asks me a question that I didn’t expect.

“Do you like Min Ho?”

“I hate him” I blurt out in automatic reflex, not thinking. As soon as those three words leave my mouth I realize what I just said, and feel the need to hide under a rock.

“Really? You hate my son?” He questions, intrigued. His gaze on me unfaltering.

I gulp.

“W-w-w-well...ummm...not exactly hate...I mean...uhhh” I fidget on the spot, scarred for my life now.

“Calm down Dara. May I call you Dara? I’m going to call you Dara. Calm down. Don’t worry, I’m just teasing”

“Oh”

“I don’t blame you for thinking that way of my son” He gives me a gummy smile.

“You’re too kind...appa?”

“There we go. It’s easy to say right?”

I merely nod, shy.

“Well...I need to sort out some paperwork before dinner. Eat with us. You can wait in Min Ho’s room, I’m sure I don’t have to show you where it is” He winks at me, running off before I can utter a word.

What just happened?

What did I just get myself into?

“How did that person end up with a son like Min Ho?” I ask to myself in disbelief.

Uncomfortably, I waddle up to Min Ho’s room. My jaw dropping at the mess.

“Omo”

What happened?

“Oh my! Young Miss, let me clean this up for you before you enter. It will only take a moment” Another maid squeals, hurrying in with two others behind her and closing the door in my face.

5 minutes later, they come out and usher me inside.

The room is spotless, everything that was broken and scattered across the room nowhere to be seen. I wave my hands around, mouth agape, asking how and where.

Hesitantly, I sit down on the edge of Min Ho’s massive bed.

Why did I come here? It feels so...strange...

“Oh! Young Master wait!”

Huh?

Just then, Min Ho materializes. Hand on the door knob. Shocked face.

“D-Dara?”

Did he just stutter?

He closes the door behind him, and walks towards me. I stand and meet him half way. A gap of 3 metres separating the two of us, as I stare at him. Heart pounding. Palms sweating. Fear creeping through me.

“What are you doing here?” He asks in a surprisingly not cold tone.

What am I doing here?!

“Idiot” I mutter to myself.

“What?”

“Nothing”

“Answer my question”

“...I came here...to talk to you...” I trail off, looking past him at the door.

Maybe I can still escape?

No Dara, self control.

You’ve made it this far.

“I-” He starts.

“You’re really cruel you know that?” I cut him off.

“Did you come here just to insult me?” His tone irritated as he replies.

“Why did you come to my place this morning?”

“Why? Am I not allowed to do that anymore?” He scoffs.

“Since when did I say you were allowed to do that in the first place?” I scoff back, annoyed with his ignorance.

“As if I need your permission. I came by this morning to see you”

“Then why did you run off so abruptly?”

“I-”

“You’re really troublesome! Turning my life upside down, confusing me. Why must you always come to your own conclusions on everything huh Lee Min Ho?” I stomp up to him, probably looking ridiculous because of the height difference.

“Dara-”

“You-”

“Damn it woman! Let me finish one ing sentence will you?” He snaps, taking me aback.

I stay silent at that, waiting.

“I know that you and Hyun Joong didn’t do anything last night” He breathes.

“Really?” I grin, feeling over the moon for a moment.

He nods, a small smile playing on those kissable lips of his.

What a relief!

But...

“Wait...if you knew...then...” My demeanour changes, as I put the pieces together.

His eyes widen and he’s about to speak, but I beat him to it.

“OHMYGODYOUJERK!” I scream, slapping him across the face.

“Ouch!”

“You freaking knew and put me through all of that!? What the hell!?” I smack him on the chest at lightening speed, like a boxer working on a speed bag.

“I hate you, you insensitive ! Do you know how much pain I’ve been in today!? OHMYGOD! I am going to ing kill you! You are so dead! How could you do this to me!?!?” I rant on, beating him.

“Dara...please...stop” He begs, in between the blows he’s receiving.

“You deserve to die and go to hell OHMYGOD!!” I shriek, ignoring his request.

Without warning I feel a hand at the back on my neck, and something soft on my lips. An arm around my waist and a hard chest against mine.

Min Ho’s kissing me.

I’m frozen. Eyes open staring at his closed ones. When he breaks away, still holding me, I can’t say anything.

“I know I’m stupid, but so are you” He whispers.

“You-”

He kisses me again, and this time I respond too. Butterflies in my stomach, making my skin tingle.

“I’m sorry Dara” He whispers into my ear, ending the kiss, hugging me.

I lean into his body, feeling safe. Arms gentling wrapping around him.

“I’m sorry” He repeats himself, so sincere.

Click.

We both turn our heads in the direction of the noise, to see a woman who must be around the same age as Mr. Lee with a camera in her hands. An obvious smile plastered onto her face.

“M-mom what are you doing!?” Min Ho shouts, letting me go.

“You two are so cute!” she exclaims, focusing on the camera screen, jumping up and down like a teenage girl.

Mrs. Lee?

Omo! She took a picture!?

“I came here to tell the two of you it’s time to eat and I got this!” He claps happily like a penguin.

Min Ho face palms himself, and I gape at her. Unsure of how to react.

“You must be Dara. I’m Min Ho’s mom. Call me Eomma” She races over to me, locking me in a hug. My hands glued to my sides.

“O-o-okay?” I answer in more like a question tone.

“Aigoo! She’s so cute! What do you see in my son?! You could do so much better!” She pulls away, frowning at Min Ho.

“Yah!” He shouts, while I giggle.

“Hush. Now come down you two, I’m hungry” She bounces away, youthfully.

I look back and forth between Min Ho and where his mother just disappeared off too. My mind unable to comprehend the event that just occurred.

 “D-d-did that just happen?” I ask.

“Yes, unfortunately” he sighs, rubbing his temples.

“Come on let’s go downstairs” He grabs my hand, leading me to the dining room.

My smile inwardly, looking at our hands.

Thank you.


Writer's Notes:
Gahhh!! I'm sorry! I had the worst writer's block and then I had to abysit people and wahhh!! I kn ow I had promised a faster update and I didn't deliver...so i do apologize. Seriously the responses I got from the last chapter were overwhelming, it made me so happy~
I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't all you expected it to be...but I didn't want to write painful scenes for too long. It hurts me too.
I watched Playful Kiss recently and Kim Hyun Joong was like ASDFGHJKL! No words can describe...I mean I read the manga and watched the anime...but OMO! During the honeymoon where he was like "No, I can't wait any longer" I screamed and my mom came rushing in thinking someone had broken into my room. I know that's a very big overreaction, however...I couldn't hold it in.
Did you see the BOF moment I added in earlier? xD
I love Min Ho's parents! ^^
Just saying...
What will happen next time? :O
Well, thanks for reading! Comments are motivating! Very motivating!
Lots of love,
xoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3