He was right

Silly Bets

Sandara Park's POV

“Saranghaeyo”

I wake up, to the smell of kimchi pancake. Which is strange because no one is meant to be here. Staring at the ceiling for a moment, I conclude that the neighbours upstairs must be cooking. I groan as I sit up, neck sore. Realizing I passed out on the sofa last night.

“Stupid” I mumble, rubbing my neck.

“Yah! Sleeping Beauty why do you look like a beast?” An annoying voice sounds from behind me.

I stiffen.

No…it isn’t…

I turn around and jump off of the couch in an instant, leaping like a frog.

“Oh my God!”

“Hi Beast” Min Ho beams from the dining table, sitting contently.

“Ya-yah! What are you doing here and why am I a beast?” I ask, pointing a finger at him. Scared to move from my spot next to the couch.

“Go and check yourself in the mirror” He shakes his head, pursing his lips.

I furrow my eyebrows, slowly trudging towards the mirror. To my utter horror, I yelp back at the girl staring at me. The girl with a birds nest sitting on her head. The girl with the worst bags in the history of eye bags, causing her to resemble a racoon. The girl with slightly red tinted eyes. The girl who is me, the beast.

“ my life” I mutter, hoarsely. Rubbing my temples in small circular motions.

I hear a faint chuckle in the background, and snap my gaze back to the stalker sitting at the table.

“Shut up” I glare at him, irritated by the smirk on his y lips.

“Come over here so I can eat already” He waves for me to come.

I raise an eyebrow, confused. Obeying, hesitantly. When I reach him, I see two plates of kimchi pancake waiting to be devoured.

“You cooked?” I ask, sitting down. Eyes glued on the food.

“No, I ordered takeout”

“Ahh…takeout?”

“Yeah” He nonchalantly answers, starting to eat.

I follow suit, eating the soft, delicious substance. Silence enveloping the two of us, peacefully. My annoyance simmering down, a hint of happiness that he’s here rising.

“Min Ho is so funny when his jaw drops”

I stop eating at that, looking at Min Ho questioningly. Chopsticks hold up one side of a piece of pancake, my mouth holding the other.

“His delivery price skyrocketed too. I wonder why? It’s always so cheap when you order right?” He continues, something playful prancing in his eyes.

My mind goes blank as I let his words sink in.

“His delivery price skyrocketed too. I wonder why? It’s always so cheap when you order right?”

“His delivery price skyrocketed too. I wonder why? It’s always so cheap when you order right?”

“His delivery price skyrocketed too. I wonder why? It’s always so cheap when you order right?”

OHMYGOD!

I drop my chopsticks onto the plate, along with my piece of kimchi pancake.

“You ordered from that takeout place?”

“Yeah”

“Choi Min Ho was the one to deliver the food here?”

“Yep”

“You’re feeling pretty smug about him seeing you here for the hundredth time aren’t you?” I fume, ears turning red.

“Pretty much” He grins from ear to ear, the desire to remove that smile from his face growing.

“You knew he was working at this time didn’t you?” I tilt my head to the side, eyeing the happy idiot.

“Of course I did” He sniggers.

I throw my food at his face. My chair makes screeching noises as I stand up and stomp to my room.

“Yah! Now my face is all oily!” I hear him shout from behind me.

“Good! Maybe you’ll get a breakout and then your ego will lessen!” I retort, mad.

Argh! Why do you do that when you know how that guy feels about me!?

Now it’s going to go back to the fan club, and my friends are going to act all weird!

And it will all be your fault!

I wash my face and brush my teeth, hoping that I won’t look as hideous as before. I smooth my hair out with a comb, managing to get it all down back to its normal self. Applying a mask to my face, I sit on the bathroom counter waiting for time to pass.

“Babe~” Min Ho’s voice coos.

I ignore it, making a face.

“Babe~~” He sounds again, not revealing himself.

Just ignore him Dara and he’ll go home.

“Babe~” He walks into the bathroom, with the cutest pout on his face.

Damn it.

How am I going to ignore that now!?

“When did I say you could call me babe?” I scoff, turning away from him.

“I’m sorry for being annoying” He edges closer to me.

I watch him in the reflection of the bathroom mirror, as he stops moving. Keeping a metres distance away from me.

“You should be sorry for being born”

“Okay, I’m sorry for that too” He pops.

“You’re more than annoying” I add.

“Obnoxious?” He tries.

“More than that”

“Despicable?”

“That’s too soft a word” I shake my head.

“Repellent?”

“I would say… abhorrent, intolerable and repugnant are the best words to describe you” I answer.

“Okay, I’m sorry for being abhorrent, intolerable and repugnant” He smiles, walking closer to me.

“You better be” I narrow my eyes.

He’s so close, that if he moved forward at all we would be touching. His cool breath hitting my skin, sending electricity through my body. Our eyes locking in the reflection of the mirror. My heart beat quickens as though feelings that I really shouldn’t have bubble up. I turn my head to the side, looking up at him as he stares down at me. Noses not touching, but too close for comfort.

“For the record, Sandara Park…you already killed my ego” He whispers.

My stomach flips and my cheeks clour a very deep crimson.

 His half lidded eyes and lips, awakening something inside of me. Instinct takes over, and my eyes slowly close. Waiting.

And waiting…

And waiting some more…

“I can’t, I’m still being punished”

I open my eyes, giving him a ‘what the hell?!’ look. He gazes back with fake innocence.

“What?” He pouts with a wet bottom lip, making me want to bite it rip it off his face so he experiences the most awful pain on earth.

“Besides the fact that you have a mask on” He steps back, gesturing to my face.

Fml.

I stare at the ground, gritting my teeth.

“Can’t do anything even if I sense you want me to” He sing songs, skipping out of the bathroom.

“LEE MIN HO!”

I can't believe he was right.

 


Writer's Notes:

There are no proper excuses and I know for a fact that you guys don't want excuses anyway. 
All I can do is say I am sorry and hope you won't hunt me down and hit me with a frying pan.
Life has been busy so that is that.
Onto another topic now! How was this very, very, very short chapter? Because it took me ages to think of what was going to happen next after what happened with our two protagonists! If you don't like it too bad...
Is there anything you guys desperately want to happen in the story? Because I am all ears.
Please do comment, it is motivating and may spark more inspiration~
I DESPERATELY NEED INSPIRATION!

Thanks for subscribing, reading, being awesome and for supporting this story!
Lots of love,
HEARTACHES <3