Trust

Silly Bets

(a/n: before you guys read this chapter I want to say thanks to biancathomerlyanne027amershipi_am_twisted, jobarza57, MikaMikaChu, aderanoyyitsmemarjorie and xara10 for upvoting this story. It really made my day to see these 9 upvotes. Thanks to all 94 of you subbies! I can't tag you all, mianhe, it would take forever. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter- and for those of you who read the dirty version of the last chapter and were all like O_O, it was marked M for a reason and it was tagged for a reason.)

 

Sandara Park’s POV

“And that is all for today class!” The lecturer wrapped up the lesson. Slamming his dusty, thick book shut.

 

Slowly I packed up my books and pens, placing them into my bag. Turning off the silent mode on my phone and shrugging my jacket back on. I didn’t notice Bommie staring at me with a creepy grin plastered on her face.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“You finally did it” She giggled, covering with her hands like a schoolgirl. Wriggling around with ants in her pants.

 

I sighed and banged my head against the desk a few times before standing up. Finding Bom’s reaction and raving on to be embarrassing and irritating. Wishing that my best friend wasn’t such a weirdo.

 

“Yeah I did it. Do you want to give me a medal?” I sarcastically remarked.

 

“Oh! That’s an idea” She squealed.

 

I face-palmed myself and contemplated if it would be wrong to hit her with a baseball bat.

 

“You really are something else” I commented.

 

“I know right” She beamed at me, with that bright smile.

 

“Bommie…”

 

“Incoming!” She blurted to my surprise.

 

Puzzled I looked around and found him. Standing by the staircase. Leaning on the railing. Wearing a leather jacket and a pair of sunglasses. A smile dancing upon his lips as he watched us approach.

 

What’s he doing here?

 

“I’ll leave you to it then Dara” She whispered into my ear.

 

I nodded vaguely, not really paying attention. My feet leading me to him, quickly. I stopped in front of him and gave him a quizzical smile with raised eyebrows. Trying to hide my delight of seeing him here.

 

“What are you doing here?” I questioned while eyeing him suspiciously.

 

“Waiting for you” Min Ho replied casually, slipping an arm around my waist.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I couldn’t wait to see you”

 

“Cheesy” I wrinkled my nose.

 

“Shut up” He pinched my nose lightly.

 

We walked out of the building together, side by side. A few people stared and others just shrugged. Most were used to seeing us together, since this had been the norm for nearly 2 months. I didn’t really know what other people thought of our relationship. Maybe we were already considered a couple? Best friends? Enemies? People who just hang out together because they can?

 

“What are we Min Ho?” I popped that question yet again. Our pace slowed down.

 

“A couple” He replied confidently.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“I don’t remember agreeing”

 

“You agreed last night,” he paused for a moment “with your body.” He added on dirtily.

 

“Yah” I hit him, feeling the colour rush to my cheeks.

 

“What? It’s true” He feigned innocence, faking pain from my small blow.

 

“That doesn’t mean you go around saying stuff like that” I reprimanded him, shaking my head.

 

I didn’t pay attention to where we were headed. If I did I would have realized how we weren’t going back to my apartment like we usually did. Instead we walked to the secluded parking lot and hopped into Min Ho’s car. With the leather seats that have remained the same from that night we accidently bumped into each other at Forbidden. With his ridiculously tinted windows that no one can see a thing through.

 

A couple.

 

I like the sound of that.

 

“Let’s go to my house today” Min Ho said as he started the car, a playful glint flashing from behind those shades.

 

“Sure” I nodded with no protest, nothing else filling up my day.

 

I didn’t know what to expect of us now. A couple? What would change? We were already so close before.

 

He’ll stop seeing Yuri and breaking my heart.

 

I thought with a grimace, remembering how that hurt me before.

 

“When are you going to tell Hyun Joong?” His voice broke my train of thought.

 

“Huh? About what?” I turned to him.

 

“About us” He said in an isn’t-it-obvious?! tone.

 

“Oh” I muttered.

 

I hadn’t really thought about Hyun Joong since yesterday- before I met up with Bommie to go to that concert. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach at the thought of having to tell him. Tell him that I don’t love him. Tell him that I’m in love with Min Ho. The hurt that would flash through his eyes when I would utter those words…the disappointment that would strike his face…his quick way of masking all of his melancholy would kick in only a moment after.

 

I gulped down hard and looked out the window by my side.

 

I didn’t want to hurt Hyun Joong in any way. He was a perfect gentleman and he had been so good to me, he was a wonderful guy that any girl would be lucky to have. I probably would have fallen for him if not for…someone. The worst thing about the situation was that I knew how sincere Hyun Joong’s love was, I knew it all too well.

 

But I don’t love you.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

My eyes fluttered with spamming blinks and I turned back to Min Ho, my heart beating fast.

 

“Y-yeah” I stuttered, a little shaken for an unknown reason.

 

“So when are you going to tell him about us?” He repeated his question, his eyes on the road.

 

“Ummmm….” I pursed my lips.

 

The car suddenly stopped to my horror and my eyes widened when I saw his expression.

 

Min Ho’s dark expression. With his eyebrows furrowed together and his mouth set in a tight line accompanied by dark eyes. A penetrating stare that was both daunting and yet extremely attractive. This face was one of Min Ho’s many jealous faces. Either that or another one of his I’m pissed faces. This time it was both.

 

He had pulled the car over to the side, one right turn away from his street where his house waited for us.

 

“Min Ho” I squeaked softly.

 

“What do you mean by ummmm?” He questioned with a hard note upon each syllable.

 

“I don’t know” I mumbled looking down.

 

“Are you not sure of when to tell him?” He continued.

 

“Maybe” I answered.

 

“Or…do you possibly not even intend to tell him?” He asked the question which obviously bugged him the most.

 

It took me too long to open my mouth to reply. Just a second too long.

 

“Do you possibly…intend to go back to him?”

 

“No!” I blurted quietly.

 

My heart was racing, like a jack rabbit sprinting through the forest. Panic had risen to the surface. I was petrified. Petrified at the thought of him misunderstanding. Petrified at the thought of him leaving. Petrified at the thought of losing him.

 

“No” I said it again, meeting his gaze.

 

His eyes had softened ever so slightly and I knew that I had torn down a wall, though there was still doubt in those eyes. Those beautiful eyes of his.

 

“I’m not going back to him” I stated.

 

“I’m not going back to him because I was never with him. I was always with you, jerk” I murmured.

 

He opened his mouth to speak but I wouldn’t have it.

 

“I’ve always been with you. Though I’ve been going out with Hyun Joong I’ve always been with you. Nearly every day I see you. And…all of those days have been the most memorable” I confessed, feeling kind of sheepish.

 

“Dara…” He called my name tenderly.

 

“I only see you pabo”

 

I took a deep shaky breath in.

 

“So don’t you dare doubt my feelings for you”

 

A familiar warm, large hand brushed against my cheek. With relieved and apologetic eyes that bored into mine.

 

“Okay” He said, his hand never leaving my cheek.

 

“Okay?” I checked.

 

“Yeah okay” He smiled before drawing me in for a kiss.

 

His lips were gentle against mine, as if I was delicate. His other hand was at the back of my neck, cradling me. The kiss was just as soft and it still managed to make fireworks explode in my chest. I didn’t want it to end, but it did. He pulled away, however there was only an inch separating us.

 

“I’m sorry Dara” He whispered before kissing me again. Giving me that same high once more.

 

“I just get…jealous easily. You’re mine, you know?”  He mumbled cutely against my lips.

 

My heart buzzed with a warmth that only he had installed.

 

“Yeah…I’m yours” I grinned.

 


When we arrived at his house, his parents weren’t there. Thankfully.

 

No matter how much I love Mr and Mrs Lee I do get embarrassed around them and if they were to find out that Min Ho and I were together…I don’t know what would happen.

 

I took off my shoes and awkwardly stood on the spot, waiting for him to finish doing the same.

 

“Mine” He dork-ily wrapped his arms around me from behind.

 

I tilted my head back a little to look at him and then rolled my eyes.

 

“Mine” He gripped me tighter and planted a kiss on my shoulder.

 

“Idiot” I remarked, wriggling out of his hold.

 

“Yah! Who are you calling an idiot?” He drawled, hugging me as soon as I got free.

 

“Is there anyone else around?” I sneered.

 

“Cheeky girl” He chuckled.

 

I stuck my tongue out at him and he only shook his head in amusement. He led us to his bedroom and closed the door before he flopped onto his bed.

 

“So what are we doing here?”

 

“I’m going to sleep and you’re going to stay here” He rolled over onto his back with an arm over his eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“Or you could sleep too” He yawned.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Why are you going to sleep?” I sat beside him.

 

“Because someone kept me up all night” A smirk crawled onto his lips and probably reached his eyes too which were hidden behind his arm.

 

My jaw dropped and I blushed crimson. Immediately I grabbed one of his expensive looking pillows and whacked him with it.

 

“What was that for?” He groaned, sitting up to look at me.

 

“For being a jerk and constantly reminding me of what-” I stopped myself, feeling my face heat up even more.

 

“Go on” He smugly said.

 

“O-o-of w-what we-” I stuttered.

 

“Of what we?” He said, very entertained.

 

“OF WHAT WE DID LAST NIGHT!”

 

“You’re talking about us having ?” He calmly queried.

 

“YES!”

 

He boomed with laughter and I buried my face into the pillows, wanting to dig a hole and die. His cackles with similar to a hyena and he had just embarrassed the hell out of me. Once his laughter died down he turned to me, with my face still stuffed into the pillows.

 

“Babe” He cooed, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

 

I didn’t respond.

 

“Dara don’t be mad”

 

I ignored him.

 

“It’s a completely natural thing” He insisted.

 

Completely natural! Go away~~~

 

“And if I remember correctly, you enjoyed it” The cocky smile in his voice could be heard.

 

I shook my head against the pillows.

 

“I was just making you mine” He said in a childish voice.

 

“Ewww” I sounded.

 

He pulled me up from the pillows and made me face him on my side. His arms still around me, his forehead against mine.

 

“I’m tired” He stated.

 

“You’re not the only one” I scoffed.

 

“Sleep with me?”

 

“What!? After we just talked about how- ewww! No! Never!”

 

“Not that pabo. Just take a nap with me here”

 

“Oh, okay” I peeped.

 

“Geez Dara, not everyone is like you” He teased.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Just kidding” He snickered.

 

“Jerk”

 

“Pabo”

 

We both grinned and laughed together.

 

“You are going to tell him about us right?” He asked that question again.

 

“Do you trust me?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

“Of course”

 

“Then you have nothing to worry about” I nuzzled my nose against his.

 

“What about you do you trust me?”

 

Do I? Do I trust the Lee Min Ho who’s hurt me so much? Do I?

 

“Yeah, I do actually” I smiled softly.

 

I really do.

 

“Let’s stay like this” He murmured, drawing me in closer. My chest against his.

 

“Just for a while, let’s stay like this” 

 


Writer's Notes:

And I'm back again! So yeah...you guys saw what I said earlier. Thanks so much for everything! You guys really are amazing~
So at most there will only be 5 more chapters for this fic. I'm going to try and write them all this week, before fall break ends ><
I just thought I'd add a little bit of fluff in here because, well, the story needed some.
Thanks for reading/subscribing/upvoting/commenting! And remember I do find comments motivating so please make them ;)

Lots of love,
xoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3