In the Club

Silly Bets

Sandara Park’s POV

I’m curled up on the sofa, eating ice cream in a small bowl.

“Come on, we’re going out tonight!”Bommie screams, coming through the door.

“I should change my pin number” I sigh.

She’s wearing a blue chiffon dress with no sleeves, white pumps, gold clutch and dangly jewelry. She bounces over to me, tugging at my arm.

“You, me, the club, tonight” She grins.                                

“No” I groan, wanting to stay in and eat comfort food.

“You can’t sulk about that jerk forever! Why should you care? You hate him anyway. Let’s go out and have some fun!”

“I can’t afford to party all the time Bommie”

“All the time? We haven’t gone clubbing in a month Dara, tonight is the night. If you won’t pay for yourself then I will” She persists, taking my ice cream away from me and throwing it into the dishwasher.

“Bommie!” I protest.

She ignores my cries and leads me to my bedroom, opening my closet up. She rummages around in there while I lie on my bed, gazing at the ceiling.

“Okay, wear this!” She says, throwing clothes in my direction.

She has picked out really short black dress which I know hugs my body too well, along with a black leather jacket and small black anklet boots.

Black on black on black.

“What is this, I’ll look like a hooker” I moan, tossing the clothes onto the other side of the bed.

“Dara, you will not look like a hooker. You will look y though, now stop complaining and get changed” She orders.

I sit up and pout at her, making her narrow her eyes at me.

“Sandara Park, I am asking you as my best friend to go out with me wearing that exact outfit. If you value the rules of friendship you will do this right now” Her tone serious, but her eyes amused.

I scowl, reluctantly undressing myself from my sweats and singlet. When she sees my underwear set, she throws more stuff at me.

“You need to wear these too” She announces cheekily.

It’s a black French lingerie set that she bought me for my birthday last year, along with many other sets like it. She said that since we were college students now, that I needed to have seductive things. I shudder at the memory, and frown at the things she has chosen for me to wear.

“Really?” I ask, hopeful that she will say it’s all a joke.

“Really”

I strip down some more and quickly change into the outfit, cringing at myself in the mirror.

“Dara you look hot! Everyone is going to be watching you on the dance floor” Bommie beams, proud with what she has turned me into.

She adds eyeliner to my lids, and swipes on a clear coat of lip gloss.

“You are my new masterpiece” She declared smugly.

The girl staring back at me in the mirror is gorgeous, to the extent that I can’t believe she is me. A smile plays on my lips, as I twirl a lock of hair around my finger.

“Okay, just tonight we’ll go out and have fun” I give in, knowing how much work she put into me.

“Thank you Dara!” She squeals, giving me a light peck on the cheek.

We grab our bags and head outside, the cool night air sweeping around my legs. We run into Bommie’s baby blue ‘soccer mom car’, and relax once the heater is .

“You should have warned me that it was going to be cold” I complain, rubbing the sides of my arms for extra warmth as she drives.

“But then you wouldn’t have come out with me looking like that”

“I shouldn’t be going out looking like this anyway”

“Remember Dara, tonight we go out and have fun. You said it yourself”

I stick my tongue out at her, knowing how pointless it is to argue now. It’s all bright lights in Seoul, the city’s beauty exaggerated when the nightlife comes around. No matter how long I have lived in the city center, I still can’t get enough of the sights. It’s mesmerizing, and I can’t wait to finish university and start up here.

That’s the plan,

Finish college, open up a club and continue living like a vampire.

Sleep in the day, play at night.

“Dara, stop day dreaming we’re here” Bommie hisses, most likely having repeating herself multiple times before.

It’s one of the clubs I was a bartender at for a few months, recognizing it immediately. There’s one plain, black brick level at the top, which is for storage only. A glowing red sign reading ‘Forbidden’ on it.

It’s a cheesy name, but an awesome club.

There is a hole in the ground in front of this door less, windowless building. A buff security guard standing beside it, collecting entry fees and letting people through. That hole in the ground is a staircase, which leads to the club’s top level. There are many underground levels, each an everlasting party. It’s dark down there, no sound escapes from there because it’s so low down, it’s crowded and a huge mess.

And everyone loves it.

As the line moves forward, time drags on. When we get up to the front, I recognize security from when I was working here. The big guy, with a shaved head, and wearing black from head to toe with sunglasses, it none other than Jimmy. Jimmy is a guy I know from the Philippines, who moved here a year ago. His skin is rather dark, and he isn’t the most attractive of men. But that’s okay since he’s about 7 years older than me and is happily married. When I worked here, he looked out for me like an older brother, ensuring that all the creeps couldn’t really get to me. He grins at Bommie and I, letting us right through. As we hurry down the steep staircase, we giggle, not having gone out in a while. Music is pounding up against the walls, alcohol in the air, lights flashing on occasion. Corner tables, booths, the DJ table, the bar and a dance floor that changes color, size and pattern.

It’s a mad house.

Around the room, there is a square hall way. In that square hallway are bathrooms and elevators, taking you to different levels of the club. We go down to level 3 and Bommie jumps up and down while in the lift, holding my hands excitedly. We reach the bar, spinning around on the barstools. We order our drinks, taking in the scene. I don’t exposed when I notice that half the girls here are wearing even less than I am, making me wonder how they can feel so comfortable dancing the way they are right now. Bommie is drinking her colorful cocktail fast, while I am taking small sips at a time. As I finish my first drink, I realize Bommie is finishing her third going for a forth one.

Oh….no, I don’t want to have to deal with you drunk.

“Bommie, that’s enough for now” I object, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She glares at me, waiting for me to back down and let her enjoy the night the way she wants to.

Someone has to be responsible out of the two of us.

“Dance with me?” I attempt to distract her, holding my hand out for her.

A goofy smile answers me and we merge into the crowd together, moving to the music.

“Since when is it you dragging me onto the dance floor?!” She shouts over the music, her amusement showing.

I answer her with a wink, and she shakes her head knowing the reason. Bodies rubbing against each other, sweat mixing with perfume, eyes lurking from here to there. It’s pure ecstasy after a while, as me and my best friend get high on it.

Maybe this is what I needed…

A night out.

“Dara, I can feel eyes on us” My best friend hints, her voice a little raspy.

I give her a look, as she gestures with her head to 4 guys sitting at a table. They’re not bad to look at, but they aren’t fantastic either.

“How do you always know when people are checking you out?” I ask, the instant epiphany clicking, now knowing that they are indeed staring at her.

“You see that guy over there? Blue jacket, bleached hair”

The only 8 of of 10 in the group on the hotness scale?

His eyes are all over her.

“Oh, he is definitely looking at you Bommie” I laugh, watching his undying gaze.

“Dummy! That’s not me he’s checking out, he’s watching you” She teases, punching me lightly in the arm.

“What?!”

“Don’t glance at him again, but he’s been watching you ever since you started dancing”

“Why are you telling me this?” My voice becoming cautious, knowing how wild she can get, how out of control this could become.

“Because, we are going over there”

“No” I say flatly.

She ignores me and starts walking, forcing me to follow her nervous. I don’t want anything to happen to her, she’s been drinking and she’s pretty. The guy who has apparently been checking me out the whole time notices us coming closer and alerts his friends right away.

“Hello ladies” The man next to him greets, dark hair and blue circle lenses.

“Gentlemen. I’m Bommie and this is Dara, we couldn’t help but notice your lack of manners. Didn’t your mothers teach you how impolite it is to stare?”

“She did Bommie, but I think you might be able to do it better”

Oh God….

My best friend starts to chat up the men at the table, and I just stand beside her, intently listening to the rubbish that is now being said. I can feel his eyes on me, that guy with bleached hair. I know he’s staring at me, and not keeping up with the conversation too. He edges closer to me, and smiles.

“Dara right?” He checks, trying to engage me in a conversation.

I nod.

“I’m Jason”

“Nice to meet you” I reply, already planning to haul Bommie out of here.

“Do you come here often?” He continues on, knowing where he’s going already.

“Often enough”

“Really? I haven’t seen you around here before…” He laughs.

“It’s not always the same level for me…” I trail off.

He’s like the rest.

Trying to get laid.

I nudge the girl next to me, snapping her out of the trance she was in.

“Bommie, I’m going to the bathroom” I whisper softly, so that no one but she hears.

“Okay”

I flounce out of there before the guy can say another word, my feet moving quickly. The hallway is dimly lit, as it always has been. It’s secluded, which surprises me because usually there are heaps of couples playing around here.

This club is really, touchy feely.

I walk down the corridor, hearing the light tap of my steps. As I reach for the door handle, someone grabs both my arms. Another clamping something over my mouth to keep me from screaming, tying it around the back of my head disabling me from speaking. I squirm, but am restrained.

“If you try to make a noise, you’re dead. If you try to escape, you’re dead. If you are difficult in anyway, you’re dead. Got it sweetheart?” A low voice threatens me.

I nod, unable to get a look of the two people. One of them picks me up and all three of us get into the elevator.

I can’t believe it.

The one night I agree to go out with my best friend and have a good time, this happens.

I knew I should have stayed home and started my assignment.

But who starts such things on the day they are given out.

, what am I going to do?

My kidnappers are both buff guys, who are posing as bouncers. Sunglasses and black clothes, the whole shebang. The one who isn’t carrying me under his shoulder signals the security camera, and a keypad emerges from the lift wall. My pupils dilate and I know immediately to look away, feeling the man’s grip tighten around my body as I hang in mid-air. I hear a code being punched in, and another set of buttons appears below the floor numbers. The original number of floors being 5, turned to 8 when the new buttons came.

What should I do?!

What should I do?!!

The other man pushes the button for level 7, making me draw in a sharp breath. They don’t seem to notice my shock, or choose to ignore it. When the ride ends, we’re in a new hallway. There is a scanner next to the elevator opening, so that only those with the key can get out of here. A sinking feeling spreads through my body, and I begin to lose all hope of running away. There are only two doors on this level, which is weird since there is so much floor space that can be used. My captors set me down on my feet and throw me into one of these rooms, I nearly fall to the ground and I hear the door lock behind me. With my hands free, I remove the gag, since they didn’t actually tie them up the just help them together. The room is also dimly lit, just slightly lighter than outside. The walls are a dark green, the floor black wood paneling. A leather sofa, modern coffee table, wall mounted T.V, stereo, bar and bed.

Oh God, please don’t let this be one of those places.

Where a random guy comes in and sticks his tongue down my throat.

I sit down on the floor in a corner of the room, praying mentally for a miracle. Anything but what I thought just moments ago, anything but that.

“Sandara Park?” A familiar voice sounds, stunned.

My ears are playing up again.

I stand up and turn slowly, my jaw dropping as I see him.

“L…L..Lee Min Ho?” I choke, feeling my stomach flip.

His face is a mix of utter surprise and entertainment, as he holds my gaze. Not moving from his spot, leaning against the door he shoots me a casual question.

“What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing” I grumble, feeling my hate waves building up silently.

He chuckles and ruffles his hair, hooking his fingers into the pockets of his jeans.

“My father owns this club, and I run it”

“W…w…what? I used to work here, I would have known if you were my employer” I sputter.

“There is always someone different acting at the front, so that no one knows the truth” He yawns, shrugging.

So you run this club?

You’ll own it when you’re Dad dies?

I am never coming here again.

I sigh, the miracle I received making me rethink whether it would have been so bad to have some creep touch me. I take steady steps, aiming for the door. But he doesn’t move out of my way, just raising his eyebrows as he looks down at me.

“Move” I growl.

“Where are you going?”

“Home” I state the obvious, which he must even see by now.

“But I just got here” He teases, enjoying himself far too much.

“Do I look like I care?”

“Why do you hate me so much?” He suddenly asks, the question still playful, but a serious note just hitting at the end of his words.

“You got to be kidding me right? You very well know why I hate you”

“Because I told everyone at school that you liked me?” He clicks his tongue.

“See, you do know why. Now move out of my way!” I moan, trying to not get too worked up about him being here.

His very presence annoys me.

My hand tugs down on the door handle, but he grabs my wrist, no longer leaning against the door.

“That’s a very silly reason to hate me so much” He breathes on my neck.

I try to shake his hand off of me, still persisting in leaving immediately.

“You’re an insensitive jerk, I don’t expect you to ever understand” I snarl.

He pins me against the wall, his eyes narrow. He’s strong, I am unable to move. His lips are set in a hard line and for once, I know he isn’t finding this funny.

“Do you still not know your place?” He questions, a cruel smile on those lips of his.

“Who do you think you are?” I scoff, not wanting to ever surrender to this guy.

He takes a step closer, the space between us becoming smaller.

“I’m Lee Min Ho, your dream guy. So why do you act so…..unappealing?”

“Dream guy? You haven’t been my dream guy for so long, it isn’t even funny. Why would I waste my time liking you?” I sneer.

“If I remember correctly, you were irrevocably in love with me”

“That letter was written by a younger, innocent me”

“Oh, so you aren’t so innocent now Sandara Park?” He lowers his voice, tone turning slightly seductive.

“Get away from me” I snap.

“You’ve made me look like a complete idiot in public Miss Park, I believe I get to punish you now” He murmurs.

He closes all space between us, his mouth on mine. I resist the kiss, as his lips move on mine. My body betrays me and starts to follow his actions, our lips moving together. I bite on him to stop myself from doing anything stupid, like falling for him. He pulls back, the small pain I inflicted on him making his bottom lip swollen.

“If you try and hurt me, I’ll hurt you too little girl” He whispers in my ear.

Oh God…

I swallow and close my eyes, wondering how this happened.

“I hate you Lee Min Ho, so you better let go of me right now” I warn him.

“But I’m having so much fun” He taunts me, finding this to be a great pass time.

“Why am I even here?”

“I get bored, so whenever I want, I get the guards to bring down a girl for me” His explanation causing me to make a face.

“I ask them to look at the security footage and find the prettiest girl in the club for me”

That sickens me more, knowing that to men like him I am just a piece of meat.

“Does that make you feel better, Sandara Park?”

“You’re a sick bastard, making girls do those things with you” I laugh, thinking about how stupid I was to ever fall for a guy like him in the first place.

I was really, really stupid.

“Every girl they’ve brought down here for me, has never done anything against her will. Each has been overwhelmed by my good looks and charm” He defends himself cockily.

I roll my eyes and he inches his face closer to mine.

“Are you overwhelmed too?”

“What do think ?”

“You really have changed since the old school days” He points out, his tone surprised, as if he never would have expected it.

I want to say something snarky, but the question that has been bugging me all my life slips out instead.

“Was I really so plain?”

I catch him off guard.

“Huh?”

“Was I really so plain?”

“What do you mean?” He pretended not to understand me, but I knew he was smarter than that.

“The day I gave you my confession letter, I overheard you and your friends on the field afterschool. You said I was plain”

“Why would you care about something from so long ago?”

“Answer the question”

“Why ask questions you already know the answers to?” He smirks, releasing my hands.

I slap him, using full force.

“Jerk”

Rubbing his cheek, expression irritated.

“Stop slapping me ”

“Stop acting like you own everyone”

“When did you become so interesting?” He chuckles, taking a step back from me, ignoring every comment I make about him.

“Ever since I found out how much of a jackass you are”

He grins, and grabs my hand opening the door. I struggle against him, but of course it’s pointless. He stuffs me in the elevator, pressing the button for level 10.

“Where are you taking me?” I tremble, for once showing a sign of weakness.

“Home”

What the hell is this guy thinking?!

Writer's Notes:

Have you subscribed yet? If you haven't, I would suggest to do so.

You should no there is no such thing as a suggestion in asian culture!

Do it now.

But seriously, thanks for reading!

I love support from you guys ^-^

Thanks for reading,

Lots of Love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3