This family...

Silly Bets

 

(A/N: CAMTDGT and tatashi don't think I didn't see you two sneak in your upvotes! Thanks you two~~~)

Lee Min Ho’s POV

Click.

Lazily I opened one eye, awakened from my slumber. Drowsily taking in the scene. Dara in my arms, in bed, on top of the covers, my room, my mom, my-

Wait.

My mom?

“Oh my God Mom!” I exclaimed flinging myself out of bed.

There my mom was, standing next to my bed. That stupid camera of hers in her hand, with the goofiest smile set on her lips. Her eyes twinkled with mischief and she looked like she was about ready to bounce off the walls.

My mom had found us, together, sleeping on my bed.

And she was not going to let it go.

Ever.

“Hey sleepy head” She giggled.

I was about to yell my head off when Dara groaned, stirring in her sleep.

Oh God, Oh God.

Don’t wake up, please don’t wake up.

“What are you doing here?” I rasped as my eyes darted between my mother and Dara who was settling back into her sleep.

“What? Am I not allowed to roam around my own home?” She asked innocently.

“Mom…” I growled in a warning tone.

“Okay, okay” She raised her hands in defeat with a smile.

“So I went out shopping while your dad was out on business and I didn’t expect to see you until dinner. But when I got back I saw your car outside, instead of in the garage when I left this morning. So of course I wanted to check that my son was okay. Therefore I went straight here to your room …” She trailed off.

A grin broke out onto her face that was as wide as the moon. Her eyes diamonds.

“And then I ran straight out of your room to get my camera so I could capture the cutest scene in the whole history of cute scenes!” She squealed.

That woke Dara, her eyes fluttering open making her long eyelashes bat sweetly. I bit my lip and watched her yawn like a bunny and rub her eyes childishly.

“If you stare at her any longer you’re going to burn holes through her little head” That crazy woman sang.

“Look what you’ve done now Mom” I shot her a glare and sighed.

Sappily Dara yawned and stretched, her mind probably fogged with sleep. Waking up from her nap slowly. Her mind not registering that the she-devil was here to ruin yet another moment of ours.

“Mrs Lee” Dara said in a voice hoarse with sleep.

Wait for it.

1, 2, 3-

“Omo! Mrs Lee!” Dara cried, sitting up straight as a board.

“Awww Dara darling I told you to call me Eomma” My impulsive old woman whined. A pout painted on her face that really shouldn’t be sported by a woman of her age.

“E-eomma what are you doing here?” Dara corrected herself with a stutter. Flabbergasted by Mom’s presence.

“Aigoo. Why is everyone asking me that question today? It’s my house isn’t it? Am I not allowed to roam freely around my own home?” Mom asked with a string of reciprocal questions which I would’ve liked to answer.

“O-o-of course you are” Dara awkwardly laughed, glancing my way with big eyes screaming Oh my God!

I simply sighed and rubbed my temples.

“Mom, please delete that photo” I requested with irritation. Finding myself already exhausted by the woman’s crazy antics.

“Wait! You took a photo? Of us?” Dara whizzed.

“Yes, of you two sleeping together. So cute. And no Min Ho I will not delete it, it’s a precious memory of mine that I wish to keep forever” Mom answered the both of us.

Lord, give me the strength to not rattle my mother right here and now.

“Mom…”

“Nope” She quipped.

“Mom don’t be like-”

“Don’t tell me what to do” She cut me off.

“Mom can you let me finish-”

“Nope I won’t-”

“For heaven’s sake woman will you let me finish a goddamn sentence?!” I snapped.

“Nope” She flicked my forehead with a manicured nail. The nails blow hard against my forehead.

“Ugh! I give up!” I groaned, pulling at the ends of my hair.

“Okay” She smiled.

“Just go and enjoy your stupid photo!” I waved my arms maniacally.

“I will. Love you honey” She skipped away out of the room, with a bright, sickly sweet aura of rainbows and butterflies trailing behind her.

When the door closed behind her I threw a small tantrum. Beating the bed beneath me like it was the source of all evil and frustration on earth.

“My mother…” I started.

“Yes, your mother” Dara nodded in agreement, knowing what I meant.

“That woman needs some help. Seriously”

“Like mother like son” Dara giggled.

“Shut up”

 


We drove back to Dara’s place in comfortable silence. The air con humming gently in the background, accompanied by light snores from a sleeping Dara.

We told my parents that we were together, and it was a complete catastrophe. It took nearly all of our energy to convince my mother to not throw a party just for the occasion and quite a bit of begging to get my father to not have the talk with us- as if we needed it anyway. That was the most exhausting family dinner I had ever had, ever. When Dara and I finally left the house she seemed ready to drop dead in front of the car door, mumbling something about everyone in my family being crazy and how it must be engraved into my genetic code.

She crashed out as soon as I drove out of my homes gates.

It was dark outside, not to mention cold. The stars weren’t out tonight and the moon wasn’t present either. Traffic lights bounced back and forth between green and red and I cursed each time one of them decided to skip orange altogether. Traffic was smooth with not too many vehicles on the road, not once were we ever caught crawling in a strewn line of cars.

When we were parked outside of her building for the one millionth time, I didn’t want to wake her. So I scooped her up in my arms and carried her all the way to her apartment, laying her down on her bed.

Her bed, which we had been the most intimate on. It was something that would never slip from my attention now that the deed had been done. It made me grin and think about us all the more.

I had been thinking about us an awful lot for the last couple of weeks.

I tucked a few stray strands of hair behind Dara’s ear, clearing her face. Wondering what she might be dreaming about, if she was dreaming at all. If it was about us, about her fears, about the past…

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to check a new text from Kim Bum.

‘The day after tomorrow. My place, party. Bet deadline’

I gulped down hard and shifted my gaze from my phone back to the girl I loved, feeling my stomach clench. I couldn’t let her find out about the bet, I was most certain about that. She would think everything was an act, fake. A beautiful façade. She would overreact and hate me.

She would leave me.

My grip tightened on my phone and I closed the text.

No matter what, I wouldn’t tell her about the bet. I would make certain that my tongue never slipped.

 

Sandara Park’s POV

I woke up to the heavy smell of his cologne and coffee. Both intoxicating and alluring. I sat up on my bed, still in yesterday’s clothes and found Min Ho sitting in the corner of my room in the armchair. He had a takeaway Starbucks coffee in his hand and his phone in the other. On the small table next to him lay a plate with an apple muffin resting in its centre and an identical coffee next to it, untouched.

“You’re finally awake” He greeted me with a velvet chuckle.

“Morning to you too” I chirped, standing up and making my over to him.

He placed his phone back into his front pocket and put his coffee down on the table, opening his arms expectantly. I sat down on his lap and locked with him in a warm embrace, the best morning hug anyone had ever had. Resting my chin on his shoulder for a moment before pulling back, I kept my arms around his neck and he kept his around my waist.

“Did you carry me last night? I don’t remember slugging my way up here” I questioned whiles my hands played with his hair.

“Yeah I did” He pulled me in a little closer, scooting me around on his lap.

“Am I heavy?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Like a whale”

I felt my jaw drop and for a second I believed him. My mouth agape, waiting for some flying insect to fly in unnoticed.

“Just kidding” He snickered with entertained eyes, nudging my chin upwards so that my mouth would close.

“Jerk” I jabbed his stomach, though to my dismay it had no effect.

“Yeah, but this jerk bought you breakfast” He gestured to the food on the table beside us.

“Do I look like a five year old who can be bribed with food?” I asked.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Min Ho pursed his lips in pure amusement.

I face palmed myself and asked myself why I was in love with this idiot.

“I’m going to go and shower and hopefully my love for you will wash away” I hopped up to my feet, only to be tugged back down.

“Should I come with you to ensure that doesn’t happen?” Min Ho asked in a husky voice, both playful and yet annoyed.

“Nope” I rejected the offer scurrying off to the bathroom.

“Be quick! Your coffee is getting cold!”

 


“Ugh! Do we really have to go to this class of yours?” Min Ho complained as we walked out of my apartment building.

“Yes, I need to go to this class and I already told you that you don’t need to come with me” I replied, clutching to my black binder while my beige skirt swished around my legs.

“But I wanted to do something today” He protested.

“You can go ahead and do that. I don’t need you by my side every waking moment pabo”

“I wanted to do something with you”

“It’s only one class Min Ho for pete's sake. It won’t take all day” I glared at the sulky full grown man next to me.

“But I don’t want to wait” He frowned.

“Just let me go to this one class and then I’ll do anything you want to do for the whole day” I said, watching as the university came into clear view.

“Anything?” Min Ho repeated with a tone and expression that suggested the blush worthy.

“Shut up” I pushed him away from me.

“Anything?” He persisted.

Aish you ert.

“Byebye” I ran away from him once we walked through the university gates.

“Yah! Wait up!”

 


We were eating lunch with Min Ho’s parents. The clink of silverware colliding gently with plates was the background music for the time, as we ate a European meal of ravioli. It was a foreign and yet delightful taste that I hadn’t the pleasure of enjoying in quite some time.

Surprisingly, Mrs Lee was seemingly calm today. Normal, like the rest of the world. Mr Lee sitting at the head of the table with a content smile fixed to his face as he chewed with his gaze locked on the clear sky outside through the window. Min Ho took a steady drink from his glass of a white wine that I had barely touched, not feeling a strong desire for alcohol today.

Though this was a strange family and I had once sworn that I would never get involved with any of them, I found myself very much at home with the Lees. More than I had ever thought possible. In fact, almost as much as I did at my mother’s home, where I had grown up.

“What’s your ring size Dara dear?” Mrs Lee chimed suddenly, in a pleasant, casual tone.

My train of thought came to a halt along with my chewing, though I quickly recovered and swallowed down what I was eating to answer.

“Why do you ask Eomma?” I replied instead of answering the question.

“Oh, nothing” She said, a slight cheeky smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

“Mom…don’t…” Min Ho warned, having caught onto whatever was going on in her mind.

“Oh calm down Min Ho, let the delusional woman have her fun” Mr Lee chuckled, finding whatever the hell was going on to be quite comical.

“Dad she’s going to start meddling like a drama character” Min Ho flatly said.

“What’s going on? I don’t get it” I popped, confused.

“Nothing” Min Ho shook his head.

“Not yet anyway” Mrs Lee giggled, patting her lips with her serviette.

“Okay, I don’t even want to know” I raised my hands, not liking the look of things.

“Oh believe me, you will soon…” Mrs Lee sang.

“Mom cut it out now”

“Fine” The older woman wrinkled her nose, immaturely poking at her food.

This family…

 


Writer's Notes:

Okay...so my reason for not keeping to what I said I was going to do is....I had a birthday party for Tao and Baekhyun....

So yeah...my family thinks my friends and I are weird.
Anyway, I wasgoing to withhold these chapters until I had completed the whole story so then I could bombard you all with chapters, however my best friend suggested I just upload what I have already so you don't all hate me.
Mianhe for being so y. 
I won't make any promises to improve, I am a huge procrastinator as you all know.
Click the next button for the next chapter and please do comment. You all know how I like comments.
Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting/upvoting/supporting!
Lots of love,
xoxoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3