Kim Hyun Joong

Silly Bets

 

Sandara Park’s POV

He led me into a small café cramped into the corner of the block. It was anything but buzzing in fact it was deserted, with only an old lady behind the counter. Her grey hair and dulled stare bland, with no warmth or leaking wisdom like most old folks. Round, wooden tables scattered across the area in an orderly fashion. Nothing decorating the wooden wall panels and to my surprise no music softly playing in the background either, unless you count the swishing of the ceiling fan.

Hyun Joong quietly went over to the woman to order coffee, so I went and sat down on an olive coloured sofa. The coffee table in front of it didn’t even hold a single magazine.

What does he want to talk about?

I twiddled my thumbs, eyes glued to my lap as I continued to wonder what Hyun Joong could possibly want. Anxious to get back to Min Ho.

Wait. Anxious to get back to Min Ho?

That’s ridiculous.

I shook my head disapprovingly.

I don’t hate that idiot.

I want us to be friends, because…that’s how we behave. Right?

That’s how friends behave with each other, the way we do.

Of course that’s how friends behave.

“Here you go” He hands me a cup while sitting down, sipping from his own.

“Thanks” I smile, following suit.

My heart beating steadily at a nice calm pace, as I waited for him to strike up conversation. The taste of the coffee accompanied by its radiating warmth a bonus. He was wearing a red sweater today, the slightest slip of a white collar poking out around his neck. Beige pants, leather shoes, perfectly kept hair. He made me wonder why he didn’t just become a model or an actor. It would be effortless for him.

After taking a long drink from his cup, he placed it down on the table and turned to me. His dark eyes resting on me, with his usual smile. Smiling back politely, I held my cup in my hands.

“So…what did you want to talk about?” I asked.

“Us”

My eyebrows popped in surprise, in some more air.

“Us?”

“Yeah, us” He nodded, looking up at the ceiling fan.

“Okay…go ahead then” I gestured for him to continue, all of a sudden feeling uncomfortable.

“We’ve been going out for a while now huh?” He grinned, giving me an eye smile.

“Yeah we have” I laughed, finding the line kind of cheesy.

Cute.

“How do you feel about that?” He peered, like a curious cat.

“…it’s nice…” I trailed off, not knowing what kind of response he wanted.

“You seem nervous” He commented, amused.

“You caught me there” I giggled awkwardly.

He took my hand in his, giving it a gentle squeeze. The touch familiar and not necessarily unwelcome. Just…

Not the same…

We both stared at our hands, contently. A nagging in the back of my head begging for me to pull away from him.

“I love you Dara”

My heart stopped, as my jaw dropped. The confession the last thing I would have expected. My gaze switching over to Hyun Joong, who was beaming with affection. My heart ached a little from the sight, but it wasn’t because my feelings were reciprocal. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but I knew something wasn’t quite right with me and my feelings.

Flabbergasted, I simply gaped at him.

“I love you, and I want you to be my girlfriend” He said, while rubbing small circles on my hand with his thumb. Soothingly.

“I-I-I-I” I stuttered like an idiot, unfortunately.

It was difficult to say anything back to him, because I was honestly unsure of everything around me. As much as I wanted to say that I loved him back, there wasn’t anything pushing me to do so. I wouldn’t say it to him if it wasn’t true, because that wouldn’t be fair on both our parts.

“I don’t expect you to answer me right away, but I wanted to put it out there” He looked down at the ground sheepishly, as he rested his elbows on his knees.

“I-I don’t know how I-I f-feel” I admitted, biting my lip.

“It’s okay” He shook his head.

His hand left mine and tilted my chin up, forcing our eyes to meet. Startled, I stared at him.

“Just answer me in a week arasso?”

I nodded mechanically, earning a low chuckle from him. He leaned in closer, and gave me a short kiss. His eyes closed, mine open. I didn’t feel anything, so I just stayed there.

“Yah! What are you two doing!? What if young children walk in here and see you doing that?!” The old lady from behind the counter shrieked, shocked at our actions.

He pulled away immediately, with a hardcore blush. I was red too, not because of the kiss but from being told off. We stood up and bowed apologetically at the reprimanding woman.

“Sorry adjumma”

We walked to the café doors and as we walked out I heard her mumble.

“Seriously? Young people nowadays…it’s couples like those two who are going to ruin the youth I tell you”

Hyun Joong and I burst out laughing at that, the words from that of a stereotypical adjumma or adjussi.

“Omo. That’s too much” I cackled.

Smiling from ear to ear, we walked back to where I had abandoned Min Ho. Guilt stirring in me, wondering how long I took.

I wasn’t gone for too long.

He’ll understand.

“I’ll leave you alone for the week so that you can think Dara” Hyun Joong whispered into my ear, as we sighted Min Ho waiting with his back facing us.

“Okay. Byebye” I nodded.

He attacked me with another small peck to the cheek, before running off. I watched him run off until he turned a corner, out of my sight. When I looked in Min Ho’s direction, he was staring at me. A cold aura surrounding him as he approached me. My heart began to flutter and nervously I gulped. The annoying, bright guy from what I could tell was gone.

“Hey” I greeted him.

“Hi” He replied nonchalantly.

“Sorry for making you wait so long…” I trailed off.

“Ok” He said curtly.

I had a feeling he wasn’t too happy with me, so I began to walk back in the direction of my apartment,. Knowing he would follow me. We walked in silence, a very thick, unsettling silence.

He’s mad because I was with Hyun Joong.

He always gets mad when I do that.

“What did Hyun Joong have to say?”

I glanced at Min Ho when I heard him, returning my gaze to the ground.

“Nothing much”

“It must have been something if he wanted to say it in private” Min Ho pressed, as we walked into the lobby.

“No, not really” I continued to deny him, as we hopped into the elevator.

If he finds out he’ll be furious, knowing this guy.

I thought he had decided to drop the subject as waited in the lift, but then he did something…

He pressed the emergency stop button.

The elevator abruptly came to a stop.

Now, you may not see the problem in this but…the thing with the emergency stop button is…There is no alarm that goes off once it is pressed. So no one knows that we’re stuck in here and…

Min Ho probably won’t let me push it again to make it continue its journey upwards.

I began to mentally panic, wondering why this is happening. Min Ho spun on his heels and walked towards me with a dark expression. Me being the little wimp I am all of a sudden, backed away into a corner. Heart thumping wildly. He slammed his right hand against the wall, right beside my face. His eyes hard, making me wince.

“What did he say Dara?” He growled.

“N-nothin-”

“Don’t bull me Dara” He cut me and my fumbling mouth off.

“He really didn’t say-” I attempted again.

“Sandara Park I swear if you don’t tell me right ing now I am going to do some serious ” Min Ho threatened in a dangerous tone.

Oh God he is going to kill someone after this…

“He confessed to me” I mumbled lowly, looking down at the ground.

“Speak louder Dara”

I gulped down hard, speaking with more volume this time.

“H-Hyun Joong c-confessed to me”

Silence.

“He did what?”

“He…confessed to me”

Min Ho’s stoic expression says it all.

He is going to kill him.

I waited, expectantly. For the secret dragon within Lee Min Ho’s body to burst out and eat me alive. But that never happened.

“Dara?” He whispered, still not touching me but still so close.

“Y-yeah?”

“You’re an awful liar when trying to avoid my questions”

“I know” I sighed.

“And your punishments so much” He leaned in closer, his cool breath sweeping across my face.

I shivered.

“Y-yep”

I have the greatest punishments in the world.

“Would you get mad if I ignored my punishment?”

“. Of course I would” I scoffed in disbelief.

“How mad?” He questioned, suspiciously.

“Very” I bluntly said back to him.

“How much is very?”

“You know how much-”

I got cut off by soft lips meeting mine, while a hand slipping around my waist. Holding me in place. My mind turned blank from the lip contact, and my arms automatically wrapped around his neck. The short absence of his kisses seemed like an eternity for me, thus I easily gave in. A small part of me screamed for me to stop, but I ignored it.

My heart was beating fast. My body was on fire. It was matter over mind. When we finally broke away from each other, I was breathless.

Thoughts returning to my mind, swiftly.

“I’m mad” I muttered, pathetically.

“I don’t really care, I am too” He murmured, not letting go of me.

“You better not kill Hyun Joong” I said.

“Uh-huh…”

“I’m serious Min Ho, take me seriously for once” I sighed, annoyed.

“I do take you seriously. Now, how long did he give you to answer him?” He asked, while hanging his chin on my shoulder.

“A week”

“I am going to kill that bastard” He shot up from his hunched over position, pressed the emergency stop button and caused the elevator to move again.

“No you aren’t, you have no reason nor no right too”

We arrived at my floor before he answered, I stepped out of the lift while he stayed inside.

“I have plenty of reason Dara”

I opened my mouth to shoot something back at him, but the elevator doors were closing again.

“Goodnight Dara” He said in a smooth, mark leaving, tone.

What did he mean by that?

That jerk who keeps on ignoring my words, what did he mean by that?

Why does he keep on doing such stupid stuff?

Why did he have to kiss me?

I entered my apartment grudgingly, and flopped onto the couch.

“Lee Min Ho why am I scared to know what I feel for you?”

 


Writer's Notes:
So this is another update for all of you subbies out there...
I will end this soon believe me, I didn't really like the last two chapters either. They were more like fillers because I needed something to put in between chapter 32 and this chapter.
I intend to not write for a while after this story is done, because for the first time I am going to properly plan out my next fanfic. So...yeah. Once this is done keep you eyes peeled.
I will give you guys a hint for the next chapter CONCERT.
I wonder how many will understand? xD
Please do comment! I love reading what you guys have to say and I will start replying from comments (from this chapter onwards)

Thanks for reading and supporting this story!
Lots of love,
xoxoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3