The Phone Call

Silly Bets

 

(a/n: Not edited. I bet you didn't expect a double update xD)

Lee Min Ho's POV

"What the hell Lee Min Ho!?" She groans as we drive off, back to her apartment. Leaving my evil parents alone.

"What?"

"We didn't even finish dinner and you threw me in the car!" Dara stomps her foot against the floor of the car, grumpy.

"I don't care" I coldly answer, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Jerk" I hear her mumble, probably pouting away like there's no tomorrow.

"I pity your future wife"

"Want to be her?"

"Never"

I grimace at the memory, feeling something tug at me on the inside. Unsure as to why it bothers me.

"I mean no disrespect, but...I will never marry him"

That stung too.

"Don't touch me"

"Why"

"Because I hate you"

My heart clenches and I bite my lip. That unknown feeling growing in my stomach, taking over.

"If you want to marry him I can call his parents right-"

My grip on the steering wheel tightens, jaw locking. The very thought just too disgusting to imagine.

She’ll never marry him.

“Why is your face like that?” Dara’s voice brings me back to reality.

“Huh?”

“Your face was all screwed up, as if you ate something really gross” She explains.

“A pickle? Really?” I blurt, instead of answering her question.

“Pickle?”

“You said you’d rather marry a pickle than marry me”

“Oh…yeah. Pickle wins any day” She laughs, looking out the window.

Are you freaking kidding me?!

I lose to a pickle?

“Hey…wait a minute…why does that even matter huh?” She turns to me suspiciously, eyes hardening.

“It doesn’t matter” I shrug, brushing it off.

It’s not like I care…

Because…I really don’t care…about anything she does… (a/n: uh huh...that's obviously why you flipped earlier in the last two chapters -.-")

Just then my hands free goes off, the speaker ringing throughout the whole car. Not taking note of the caller, I answer.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Oppa? Are you coming over tonight? I feel ~" Yuri asks, her voice causing the whole car to turn still.

"Let's just like earlier today" She adds on, just as I park in front of Dara's building.

.

Sandara Park's POV

"Let's just like earlier today"

My jaw drops, the car engine turning off at the same time. Blankly, Min Ho ends the call without another word. The two of us, silently sitting in the car.

Anger boiling up in me, I feel my eyes burn slightly. As I mantain control over them, not letting them water properly. Heart aching, betrayed. Even though there is no reason for the feeling, as it is unjustified and most likely just me being delusional again. 

"Hypocrite" I mutter, combing through my hair with my fingers. Slowly unbuckling my seatbelt.

Why am I hurting right now?

"I can explain" Min Ho starts, his voice lower than usual.

You aren't allowed to use the same line as me from this morning you bastard.

"You had with the girl from the nightclub after you stalked off from my place this morning? I'd be an idiot if I didn't understand after that phone call" I retort, arms across chest.

"Dara I'm sorry-" His tone sincere as he begins.

Hormonal freak, I knew you were trouble.

"There's no need to apologize, I couldn't care less" I cut him off, bluntly.

I don't care one ing tiny bit. (a/n: of course, that's why you're mentally talking to yourself dear...Does anyone else feel that this is awfully familiar?)

I get out of the car with that, walking into the building. 

It is said that it is easier to forgive an enemy than a friend. My question for today, after everything that put me through is...

What is he?

Is he my enemy? My friend? Or something else?

What has become of my relationship with the heartless Lee Min Ho? I used to be able to answer the question without uncertainty.

I punch in the pin for my apartment and swing open the door, stepping in. Just as I'm about to close it, someone puts their foot in the way.

"What the-"

Min Ho pushes open the door, walking in.

You got to be kidding me.

"What are you doing here?" I narrow my eyes, closing the door while he flops down on the couch.

"Don't be mad at me" He calls from the couch.

"Why would I be mad at you?" I roll my eyes, even though I know very well what he means.

"I'm sorry Dara" He sits up, raking his long, slender fingers through his hair.

Yeah right.

I ignore the comment, walking into my room. Preparing my clothes to wear after I shower. Tired. Mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. All because of that guy driving me insane today with this crazy rollercoaster ride.

"I'm sorry" He whispers, right behind me. Breath on my neck.

I freeze, but remember why I'm in such a mood.

"Stop saying that" I reply softly, taking my earings out and placing them in their box.

"I know you're upset about it, and you have every right to be" He places a big hand on my shoulder.

Heart beating fast. Stomach filled with pain. Skin heating up. Blood frosted over on the inside.

This is what they call mixed emotions.

Which is what I'm feeling right now.

"I'm not upset about anything, can you leave now?" I shrug his hand off of me, brushing past him as I walk towards the bathroom.

"Bull Dara. If your not upset then why are you acting like this when just a while ago we were fine?"

"We were fine for like an hour Min Ho. Before that we weren't fine, and now...yeah you're right we aren't fine" I snap, hand on the door handle.

"I'm sorry"

"You're a hypocrite. I didn't even do it, and yet you did. Is it okay for only you to do wrong Min Ho?" I stare at him, piercing him with my gaze.

It startles him, unable to answer right away.

"Whatever makes you think you can tell me what to do...scold me...control me...you better cut it out Lee Min Ho. Because you don't have a good reason to do so" I shake my head, before locking myself in the bathroom.

There really aren't any good reasons to care about you Lee Min Ho.

I really don't know what I feel anymore.

Lee Min Ho's POV

"Whatever makes you think you can tell me what to do...scold me...control me...you better cut it out Lee Min Ho. Because you don't have a good reason to do so"

I'm sitting down on her bed, waiting for her to finish showering. Doing nothing for the past 20 minutes.

I've really screwed up huh?

Imagining what life would be like after the bet date has passed is strange. Imagining life without Dara. Would it be possible? In between my few classes, I've spent every waking moment near her, following her, hassling her. 

Hurting her.

I grip her duvet, crinkling the smooth fabric.

Life without Dara simply seems impossible now, which is completely absurd really. 

Why did I go over to Yuri's today?

Why did I let it happen?

Why did I have to ruin everything that was just getting better?

I remember the early days of my mission, where I didn't give a damn about the female knwon as Sandara Park.

 

 

“Do you think I care about her? Why should I give a damn what happens to her after I’m through with her?” 
“Because a real man shouldn’t be such a jackass and play with a girl just because she made a fool of him”
“Aren’t you my friend Hyun Joong?”
“Of course I’m your friend, but that’s my girl out there man”
“She isn’t yours yet”

 

“You can pick up the pieces after I’m through with her” 
“And what if she is an emotionless statue afterwards?”

 

“I’m not giving up dude” 

I would have punched me if I was Hyun Joong.

What do I do to make it up to her now? What do I do to say I'm sorry?

Why does she have to be so stubborn too?

"What are you still doing here?"

I look up, to find her standing in the bathroom doorway. In shorts and a t-shirt. Hair messy and damp, eyes unwelcoming, unfriendly.

"I want to talk to you" I stand.

"Well I don't want to talk to you, so you should just leave" She looks in my direction, but it's almost as if she's staring right through me. At the blank wall behind me.

"Now you're being cruel. Don't you think?" I take a step closer, at the nonchalant girl before me.

"I'm tired and you're a troublesome person. Why can't you just leave me alone?" She sighs.

"Because you're driving me insane Dara"

"You've got to be kidding me. Can you just stop with the mind games already too? It's very grueling" She requests.

"When did I ever say this was a game for me Dara?" I tilt my head to the side.

I don't even know if this is still about the bet for me.

"You don't need to. I just know it is" She closes her eyes, lip trembling.

My heart, constricting. It hurts to breathe. Maybe perhaps to live even? Knowing that she's always pained, doubtful and never whole near me. As far as I can tell anyway.

"It's not a game for me Dara" I lift her chin, to look into my eyes.

She gulps and looks to the side.

"If it's not a game Min Ho, then what is it?" She croaks.

"I don't know"

"That's not good enough"

"I know"

She chuckles at that, sour.

"I'm sorry for what I did. For what I keep on doing. I'm sorry that I'm an impulsive, foolish, thoughtless jerk who only seems to know how to wound others..." I lean my forehead against hers.

"But...I think I'll do anything to prove that I'm sorry...for you Dara..."

I take another deep breath, closing my eyes.

"So please don't cut me off just yet"


 

Writer's Notes:

I think I enjoy writing this fic the most :)
What will happen next :O
If I was Dara I would probably forgive Min Ho in a heartbeat. On the other hand...I would probably hold this grudge on the inside and not let it go for ages...so yeah...
65 subscribers OHMYGOD!
I know it isn't much, but hey, for me it is so leave me alone ^^
I never intended for SBS (yes that is what I will this fic in my a/n from now on, see what I did there? :P) to become a 30+ chapter fanfic xD
I'm surprising myself daily now.
Please do comment! It's very motivating!

Lots of love and hugs,
xoxoxoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3