Dara's Punishment

Silly Bets

(a/n: not edited and tired. Going to sleep now)

Sandara Park's POV

 

"So please don't cut me off just yet"

B-b-bump, b-b-b-bump, b-bump.

You won't get off so easily Lee Min Ho.

No matter how heart warming, skin tingling and beautiful that speech was.

"If I forgive you, there's a catch" I murmur.

He steps back, just enough so we aren't touching.

"What is it?"

"Punishment" I say, plainly.

"Punishment?" He asks confused.

"I get to give you your punishement" I nod, looking up at him from the ground.

"Okay..." He says, unable to hide the hint of intrigue and amusement in his voice.

"Not that kind of punishement you , not everyone is a ert like you" I facepalm myself, realizing what he must have been thinking.

"Oh, I see"

"What is my punishement then?" He pops.

"No skinship until I say so" I firmly announce.

"No skinship?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Because you seem to be some sort of skinship monster when it comes to me"

"That means I can't...give you your punishements then..." He trails off.

"Well done. Do you want a sticker for that?" I dryly say.

"So...no skinship until you say so?" He clarifies.

"Yep"

"What if you need to be pulled back away from danger?"

"Don't touch me" I shrug.

"What if you need a hug?"

"When have I ever needed a hug from you?" I question.

"What if I sense you want me to kiss you?"

That makes me blush, and I look up at the ceiling.

"You really are strange. When have I ever wanted to kiss you?"

"Do you want me to start naming? Okay, well-"

"Aish! No. Shut up" I grumble, sitting down on my bed.

"Okay, fine"

I wonder if this guy will actually last?

I get under the covers, and snuggle. Feeling eased, and happy.

At least he seems real right now.

"Dara?"

"Mmmm?"

"Should I leave?" Min Ho bobs down in front of me.

"Yeah, it's late. I don't want Eomma and Appa to think we did it" I yawn, sleepily.

"Eomma and Appa? Why are you calling my parents that?" He asks, curiously.

"They told me to. Remember, they like me better than you" I tease, smiling.

"Arasso. I'll see you in the morning then?" He laughs.

"Okay jerk" I wave, shooing him away.

He reaches out to caress my face, but stops himself at the last moment. Retracting his hand, robotically. Pursing his lips, as we stare at each other.

"Goodnight Dara" He whispers, looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"Goodnight Min Ho"

"Sweet dreams"

Lee Min Ho's POV

How the hell am I not meant to touch her?!

For heaven's sake! I nearly did it 2 minutes after agreeing to not do it!

Sandara Park this isn't fair!

I walk into her apartment, around 10. To find that she is washing dishes in the kitchen.

"You know, most people have decided to do this thing called knocking. You should try it one day" She says, not looking up from the sink. Knowing already that it's me.

"But if I knock I'm giving you warning" I playfully pout, walking over to her side.

"Weirdo" She rolls her eyes.

"Takes one to know one" I snicker.

"What are we doing today?" She turns off the faucet, drying her hands with a tea towel.

"I don't know. Cuddle?" I suggest.

"Ha, ha. Nice try. Now think of something before I call Hyun Joong" She threatens.

"You wouldn't" I scoff, confident.

"Okay, I'm spending the day with Hyun Joong" She skips away from the kitchen, grabbing her phone from the coffee table.

What the !?

No! Absolutely not!

I can hear her talking to him, while rummaging through her closet and I have the urge to tie her up. Unfortunately, my punsihment has restricted me.

"Really sly Sandara Park" I hiss.

She comes out of the room, wearing a cream dress with puffed sleeves. Dressed up cutely. A satchel hanging off her shoulder, as she carries a pair of black heels with her to the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask, annoyed.

"Hyun Joong and I are going to a carnival at our old school" She declares, slipping her small feet into her shoes.

"And what about me?" I groan.

"I don't know. Don't you usually follow me and pretend that you are some sort of ninja?" She giggles, opening the door.

"Not funny" I comment.

"Well, I'm going to have fun today while you...do whatever...I have my phone on if you need me" She sighs.

"I need you right now" I say.

"For what?" She glares.

"For...knitting?"

I mentally facepalm myself as soon as the words leave my mouth.

Knitting? Really? That's the best I could come up with?

I am so stupid.

"Ummm...I don't know how to knit...so...yeah...byebye" She awkwardly, walks away. Knowing that I'll lock up for her anyway.

I run a hand through my hair and cringe. Knowing the truth, knowing that she's right.

Time to follow you again.

Sandara Park's POV

Hyun Joong and I have been throwing cream pies at our former principle for about 5 minutes, the man a giant blob of fluff now. Face cream covered. Limbs, iced to perfection. Torso and legs, double in size as there's far too much in terms of the sweet substance. We laugh, while continuing to cake him in food. 

Before this, we went apple bobbing. Where I failed, utterly. To the extent where it was not even close to funny, but right next to sad. Whereas, Hyun Joong easily got 8 apples in the allocated time of a minute. Fringe now wet, and sticking to his face. 

Min Ho has been trailing us the whole time. Shooting laser beams through my head, watching me from afar. Yes it was expected, but no I didn't want it.

He and Yuri...

I stop throwing pies at the rising thoughts, looking down at the ground.

"Are you okay?" Hyun Joong links his arm with mine, concerned.

"Yeah, just tired of throwing pies" I give him a squinty eyed smile.

"Oh, okay. Do you want to get lunch now? We've been here for 2 hours already"

"Yeah, that sounds good" I nod.

"Cool. I know this place not too far away..." He says, as we walk through the crowds of people. 

Children, screaming. Unenthusiastic teenagers running stalls, looking like zombies. Adults laughing and cheering. Couples posing for photos at every available and appropriate minute. 

As we leave through the gates, two teenage girls smile at us. Or more like at Hyun Joong. Gazing longingly at him.

"Thank you for coming!" They bow, radiating with glee as we pass by.

"They liked you" I tease, poking his arm.

"Really? I didn't notice" He replies, seeming true.

"I think every girl that we've passed by today has stared at you for a little too long" I wink.

"What about you? Do you like what you see?" He smirks, opening the passenger door for me.

"Hmmmm...let me think" I tap my chin, sliding into my seat.

He closes the door, and comes over to his side. Starting the car up.

"I don't know. Are you that special?" I ask, mockingly.

"How could you ask such a question?" He kiddingly gasps, placing a hand over his heart.

"I'm just teasing Oppa" I laugh, as we drive away.

"Okay" He grins.

We end up going to a small Thai restaurant, with hardly anyone. The food is yummy, and the place has a cozy feel to it. Nearing the end of our meal, I check the time.

2pm.

"Today has been fun Oppa, thank you" I smile, drinking the rest of my coke.

"You're welcome, but it isn't over yet-"

My phone goes off.

"Sorry, a moment please" I lift a finger, answering my phone.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Dara, come over right now" My mother's voice sounds over the line.

"Huh? Mom? What's wrong?" I ask, worried.

"Just come over right now" She says, hanging up quickly.

This seems out of the ordinary.

"Sorry Oppa, I need to go to my Mom's house" I say sheepishly, standing up.

"It's okay. Do you need a ride?" He stands too.

"No, I'll just catch a cab" I give him a reassuring nod.

"Okay. Well, bye I guess" He hugs me, stunning me for a moment.

"Byebye" I hug him back.

We break apart, and go our sperate ways. I easily get a cab, and get to Mom's house quickly. Running to the door, to pound on the door. But she opens it, just as I lift my hand.

"There you are" She smiles warmly.

"Mom" I hug her, greeting her.

"What's wrong? Why did you call me over?" I ask, coming inside.

"Is she here?!" I hear two very familiar voices call out from the living room.

"Yes!" Mom calls back, taking my hand in her softer one.

It sounds like...no it can't be...

"Come with me sweetheart"

I oblige, but nearly run out of the house when I see who is in my mother's living room.

"Gah! Wh-wh-wh-" I stutter.

Surely enough, Mr. and Mrs. Lee are here, drinking tea. All smiles.

"Hello darling" Mrs. Lee waves from her seat.

"How are you today Dara?" Mr. Lee asks, sipping his tea.

"I'm good thank you. What are you guys...doing here?" I ask, confused.

"We wanted to tell your mother all about you and our son" Mrs. Lee squeals.

Oh God.

"And they gave me this" Mom shows me a photo frame with...

The picture of Min Ho and I hugging.

"I think you should date him too" Mom giggles, youthfully.

Mrs. Lee is contaminating my mom!

But why is this happening to me!?

"No" I shake my head.

"Mom...Dad...why am I here? Gah!" Min Ho walks into the living room from the direction of the front door, eyes popping out of his head when he sees me.

"W-wh-what is who ditched me today doing here!?" He points at me.

"We called both of you over" Our parents explain.

"Oh"

"So anyway...Dara honey...I wanted to tell you aswell...that the Lee's and I will be..."

"Going on a one week holidy to Jeju Island!" Mr. Lee throws his hands into the air.

Wait! What!?

"Wh-wh-why?" I choke.

"Because we want to get to know each other better" Mrs. Lee nods, resembling a plastic McDonald's Happy Meal toy.

"You couldn't have told us this over the phone? Mom and Dad?" Min Ho massages his temples.

"Be quiet Min Ho. So yeah...that's pretty much all we called you two over for" Mr. Lee says.

Okay...

"Call me when you get back then Mom" I stand, walking to the door. 

"I will Dara baby" Mom hugs me, sending me off along with Min Ho.

We walk outside of the house, towards the street.

"So how did your date go?" He asks.

"You know how it went" I beam.

"Caught me again?" Min Ho questions.

"Yep"

"Do you like dating Hyun Joong?"

"It's...nice"

"Do you love Hyun Joong?"

"No" I say without, thought. I gawk at the footpath after the words leave my mouth.

Min Ho doesn't say anything about that, and when I look up from the pavement, he's in his car, waiting. He beckons me to come to him, and hesitantly I obey.

"You need a ride home right?" He offers.

"Yeah..." I rub the back of my neck.

"Get in" 

I hop in and we drive off.


The next night, I'm alone in the apartment. Sitting down on the couch, knees to my chest. Min Ho has a few night classes to go to. So he won't be here tonight.

But the images, of what he and Yuri did flash through my mind over and over again. My imagination killing me.

This is what he must have felt like when he thought Hyun Joong and I did it.

It hurts. A lot more than it should.

To take my mind off of him, I bring out a few cans of soju. Downing them while thinking.

Why jerk?

Why do I care? I mean i don't care, but why am I hurting so much right now?

"Cruel moron" I mutter to myself.

Lee Min Ho's POV

When I get to Dara's place, it's 11.

And she's sprawled out on the couch, with lots of soju cans messing about her place.

"tsk tsk" I shake my head, collecting up her trash.

*earlier that day*

I don't think I'm in this for the bet at all anymore. I think that the bet isn't the case at all...

Everything about Sandara Park is fascinating, enchanting. 

And...

I gulp down hard, looking at her photo on my phone.

It's dangerous waters to be swimming in.

*back to the present*

I bob down in fron of the drunk, passed out Dara. Watching her steadily breath in and out. Her body moving up and down to the beat. I tuck her hair back behind her ear, because she's alseep. A smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Stupid jerk, ty girls" She sleep talks, mumbling random words.

A tear quivers down her cheek, from her closed eyes. I wipe the tear away, feeling guilty as hell.

"I'm sorry Dara" I mumble.

"Saranghaeyo" I peck her hair.

Ealier today I realized...that I was in love with my bet project.


Writer's Notes:

Tripple update~
Okay! I am so tired now ZZZZZZ
Goodnight!
Min Ho ASDFGHJKL! He knows.
Remember to comment please! It's motivating :D

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3