The First Date

Silly Bets

Sandara Park’s POV

“What movie do you want to see?” Hyun Joong asks, as we wait in line at the cinema.

“Ummm….I don’t know…..you can pick Oppa” I remove my eyes from the movie selection screen to give him a small smile.

“Okay, how about ‘My P.S Partner’?”

“Huh? Isn’t that movie rated R?”

“Yeah. You do know we’re old enough to see that right?” He teases.

“Pabo. Of course I know that. But like…” I trail off.

“Hmmm?”

“Isn’t it embarrassing to watch that kind of thing with a girl?” I sheepishly ask.

“Do you not want to watch it?” He asks, worried about upsetting me.

“No! No! No! I do want to watch it….it’s just that….it’s the kind of movie I would usually watch with my erted best friend…” I quickly respond.

“Ahh, I see. If you don’t feel comfortable watching it with me, then we’ll see something else”

“No, I want to watch it with you” I grab his hand quickly, reassuring him.

Omo! Sandara Park why are you being so bold!?

Now you’re going to scare him away!!

His eyes widen at our hands, before he softens and intertwines his with mine.

We walk to the counter when our turn comes up, a pretty high school student waiting for us at the register.

“Hi, how may I help you?” She smiles at Hyun Joong, eyeing him up and down.

“2 tickets to ‘My P.S  Partner’ please” He smiles politely back at her.

As if she only notices me now, her smile falters for a moment, before coming right back up. Obviously not liking how, this extremely good looking guy, is here with a girl.

“Is she you little sister? We don’t allow minors into R rated movies….” She takes a jab at me, in the most well-mannered way possible.

, I’m probably older than you!

“No actually….this is my date….” He says awkwardly, his hands slips out of mine and wraps his arm around my waist instead. Pulling me closer to him.

“Oh! I’m so sorry! I.Ds please” She quickly covers up, though her eyes clearly show complete irritation caused by my presence.

We both show our I.Ds and she momentarily scowls, before handing us our tickets.

“Any refreshments?” She asks Hyun Joong, twirling a lock of her wavy hair.

“Ummm…do you want to get something now or do you want to wait till dinner?” He turns to me.

“I don’t really mind” I shrug my shoulders.

“Ok. We’ll get one large, strawberry milkshake, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce please. Two straws”

The girl nods, and goes to get the drink.

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you freaking remembered!” I exclaim.

He grins, leaning forward a little so our faces are closer.

“Of course I remembered. I should remember things about the girl I like right?”

My cheeks turn rosy red, as he dazzles me with his perfectness.

“That will be ***** won” The cashier girl interrupts our moment, placing the milkshake in front of us.

I pull out my purse at the same time Hyun Joong pulls out a credit card, when he sees what I’m doing, he frowns.

“Dara…” He starts.

“I can pay”

“No, I don’t want you to pay”

“Why?” I pout.

“Because, I don’t like making the girl I like pay for things. I want to spoil her instead” He reasons.

“But-”

“It’s also just the gentlemanly thing to do, not letting a lady pay” He cuts me off.

“Fine” I narrow my eyes, earning a velvety chuckle from him.

He pays for everything, and pops the two straws into the milkshake cup as we find our seats in the cinema. Just when the lights are about to go out, I swear I see him. Sitting two rows behind as, directly behind me.

Min Ho.

What is Min Ho doing here?

Lee Min Ho’s POV

Okay, so I’m pissed.

So I kind of followed them, big deal.

It’s not like I’m  a stalker or anything.

Our eyes lock for a moment, and I know she’s spotted me. Quickly averting her eyes, she sits down with Hyun Joong. The movie house, now only lit by the screen as the movie begins.

I don’t ever take my eyes off of her though, not interest in the movie at all.

Half an hour into the movie, Hyun Joong makes a move. Placing his arm casually over her shoulders, Dara resting her head on his shoulder too. Their heads together, all couple-y.

Sandara Park, I swear I am going to punish you so bad you won’t be able to think about that guy ever again.

Sandara Park’s POV

I can feel lasers being shot into the back of my head, his never ending gaze not once softening. Even though I can’t see him, I know he’s there, and I can’t help but feel tense because of that.

I have a feeling, that….

I’m dead meat.

I frown just realizing how attractive the actress in this film is, and wonder to myself what Hyun Joong thinks of her. Wondering if he’d rather be with a girl like her right now, than with me.

He could easily have a girl like that instead of me.

Hyun Joong’s lips brush against my ear making me freeze, and look at him out of the corner of my eye.

“Kim Ah-joong is quite pretty isn’t she?” He whispers.

I purse my lips, kind of surprised that he would say anything like this to me.

Maybe I haven’t quite figured you out yet, Kim Hyun Joong.

“It’s a shame she’s not nearly as beautiful as you”

*mental nosebleed*

Kyahhhh!

Kyahhhhh!

Kyahhhhhhh!

He just said….

Kyahhhh!

*dies from the flattery*

I turn my head to face him, as playful smile playing on both our lips. He leans in, closer to me, till our foreheads rest upon each other.

Omo he’s going to kiss me!

*mentally squeals*

But….oh no…..

Min Ho…..

Oh no….

Just before our lips can meet, I stuff one of the milkshake straws into his mouth and the other into mine. Sharing the milkshake instead of the kiss. He raises one eyebrow at me, and I just wink in return. Innocently drinking.

That was….too…close.

Lee Min Ho’s POV

They’re now in a restaurant, a small Thai restaurant. Seated in a booth, in a secluded corner of the restaurant. Tea set on the table, with small side dishes like spring rolls and spicy fried tofu. In front of Dara a plate of Yam Nua, and the bastard has Kai Med Ma Muang.

Dinner and a movie huh?

What’s next? A walk in the park? A trip to the carnival?

And here I am, sitting in the booth beside them, alone. Eating, grumpily, a plate of Pad Thai.

Why did I even decide to follow them?

I can see them in the reflection of an aquarium that stands front of our two booths, I can hear them because I’m practically right beside them. But the fact that they are completely oblivious to my presence, only makes this worse.

It’s like, when they’re together, they’re trapped in their own little world.

“Dara, what are those things on your neck?”

My hickeys. Let’s see how you get out of this one geek.

“Bug bites, Bommie and I went on a bush walk and I forgot to put on insect repellent…”

“Ahhh, I see”

Liar.

You’re pretty good at fooling him, but I can hear the falseness in your voice.

“The food here is really good” She comments, obviously enjoying herself.

“I’m glad you think so”

I could take you somewhere better.

“So, I’m really curious. Why did Min Ho come over today?” He asks, almost pulling off the clueless look.

You know exactly why I was there.

“Oh that jerk? He just likes to come around to annoy the hell out of me every day” She says lightly.

You know, most people wouldn’t say that so casually.

You really have gotten used to me huh Dara?

“So are you guys dating?”

“Huh? No. I hate that guy, you know that”

My jaw clenches.

“So I don’t have to be worried about you falling in love with him?” He says jokingly.

“Not at all” She giggles.

I don’t know why, but those words hurt. I don’t understand what I’m feeling, but all I know is that that little girl is the cause of it.

She’s mine.

Mine.

She has been mine since long ago, and even if she doesn’t want to be mine anymore. Even if I have never really cared for her…

She’s mine.

And you Hyun Joong, cannot have her…until I am satisfied.

Until, I have won the bet.

Sandara Park’s POV

“Thanks for the date” I softly say, as we reach my apartment door.

“The pleasure was all mine” Hyun Joong smiles that dazzling gentlemanly smile once again.

“We’ll need to go out more often”

“I couldn’t agree more”

“Well….ummmm….goodnight then, oppa” I bite my lip, turning around to retreat to my home.

I’m twirled around by his hand tugging on my wrist. My hands up against his chest, his arms around my waist. He dips in slowly, and kisses me. A soft, short kiss.

“Goodnight Dara” He whispers against my lips, before letting go.

He leaves me there, stunned.

That is how our first date ends.

I bite my lip, wondering how I got here in life. I walk inside my apartment, to find Lee Min Ho waiting for me. Leaning against the kitchen counter, eyes dark, as he watches me.

“”

“How was your little date?” His words come out icy.

“It was n-nice. But you already know that….” I trail off, taking off my shoes.

“Oh, so you did realize I was there, the entire time?” His tone sarcastic.

“Well, I’m quite sure you knew I knew you were there”

“How did he say goodbye Dara?”

“He…ummm…he…” I don’t really want to tell you.

Min Ho takes a step forward.

“Did he kiss you?” He chuckles darkly.

“Well….ummm….”

Taking another few steps forward, the space between us getting smaller.

“How did he do it?”

“Huh?”

“Tell me how he did it Dara” He raises his voice, angry.

I turn my back to him, slightly scared.

Not really scared.

For some reason,

Lee Min Ho,

You don’t really scare me anymore.

“He-he…he grabbed my wrist, when I was about to come inside….and he spun me around back to him” I start.

It startles me, when Min Ho gently grasps my wrist and delicately spins me back to him. My hands up against his chest now, making my heart pound against my ribcage.

“Like this?” He whispers.

I nod, and swallow.

Except my heart didn’t start to dance violently!

“What did he do next?” He asks quietly.

“He…ummm…he wrapped his arms around my waist…”

“Like this?” Min Ho’s voice comes out husky, wraps his arms around me.

“Y-y-yeah”

What am I doing?

“And then?” He questions.

“And then he gingerly kissed me” I whisper, almost not audible.

Min Ho’s lips meet mine, smoothly, without fail. But when he kisses me it’s different from Hyun Joong’s, and it’s different from how he usually kisses me. It’s caring, yearning, affectionate…

A different side of the jerk.

He breaks away, keeping his arms around me. No smirk, no teasing. Only our breathing, and his face centimeters away from mine.

“You and Hyun Joong are only dating right? You aren’t a couple right?” He murmurs.

I nod once, not knowing why he’s asking these questions, not knowing why I’m answering these questions.

“Do you love him?”

“I-I don’t know” I answer truthfully.

He kisses me again, and I find myself kissing him back.

I’m kissing, the guy I hate the most.

He pulls away again, keeping us close, resting his head against mine.

“Good” He whispers.

“Good” He repeats once more, before kissing my hair.

What does that mean?

What’s going on with you?

And why…do I like this?

Writer's Notes:

Kyahhh!

Min Ho & Dara!

Hyun Joong & Dara!

Who are you guys shipping?

I mean, we all know I am biased from the start for Min Ho & Dara....but how do you guys feel?

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, family stuff came up >.<

Never again will I miss out on my writing!

I love you guys!
Please do comment, subscribe (if you haven't already) and continue reading!

Lots of Love,

xoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3