Joon's Birthday Part 1

Silly Bets

Sandara Park’s POV

It’s been 5 days, 5 Lee Min Ho free days. And I don’t know why I am not happy. I haven’t had any surprise visits, no weird texts, no classroom intrusions, no nothing. It’s as if I imagined him hassling me the whole time.

“And that is it for today class! Everyone enjoy your weekend, because I sure will” The professor announces, snapping me out of my trance.

I quickly gather my things and grimace slightly when I see my lack of notes from today’s lecture.

2 hours, and all you could get was 3 sentences. You’re really out of it Sandara Park.

I walk home in a hurry, knowing that in 2 hours I have to be at a private party out in the woods. DJ job for some rich kid’s 21st birthday. When I get home I throw my book bag onto the couch and run into my bedroom, picking out my clothes for tonight before hopping in the shower.

Have to stay focused tonight, no more Lee Min Ho thoughts.

Why should I give a damn about that guy anyway?

He’s a jerk.

A complete jerk.

Lee Min Ho’s POV

“Oppa, tell me what’s wrong. You’ve been so grumpy these past few days. This isn’t the mood you want to show your girlfriend”

“When did I say you were my girlfriend Yuri?” I snarl, barely tilting my head to look at her.

She pouts, and snuggles into my chest more. Trying to make no space in between us exist, as she wraps her arms around my waist.

“You kiss me, you touch me….” She speaks against my skin.

“Your point?” I yawn.

“Oppa, please don’t act like you don’t know. It hurts my feelings” Yuri whines.

Argh….this girl.

“Oppa…”

I cut her off before she can finish that sentence, flipping her over onto the bed so that I’m above her. Pinning her down against the mattress, she has bambi eyes. I lean down, so that my lips are right up against her ear.

“Yuri, don’t act all cute and innocent with me” I say sternly.

I hear her swallow hard, nervous. I can’t help but smirk at her sudden shakiness.

“Because I for one, know what you’re really like” I murmur, gently biting her ear lobe.

She cries out in pain, and pushes me away, I comply. Falling onto my back, knowing I’ve done what I wanted.

“Yah! You can’t treat me like this! I feel like a toy you play with when you’re bored!” She complains.

“So?” I chuckle.

She pushes me off the bed, only making me laugh even more.

“Don’t ever come back to me for again you jerk!” She shrieks.

I stand up and start putting my clothes back on, completely unfazed.

“Okay” I shrug at her, while zipping up my pants.

I grab my jacket, and just as I’m about to walk out the door I feel a trembling hand close around my wrist.

“I wasn’t serious. Please come back, I’ll be a good girl” She mumbles in defeat.

Predictable.

“We’ll see” I chuckle, turning the doorknob.

She tugs me back, spinning me around and pulls me into a kiss. Just as I anticipated, she slips her tongue into my mouth quickly and deepens the kiss. I mimic her actions, and when she pulls away, breathless, I have to hold back a grin.

“Do come back” She orders.

“Only if I feel like it” I reply.

“I’ll be waiting” She beams.

“I know you will” I wink, before escaping her apartment.

That’s why I’d never take you seriously Yuri.

Because no matter what, you always throw yourself at me. You’re too easy.

Besides the fact, that you’re right. I only come to you when I’m bored, when I need a distraction.

In this case, you’re my distraction from another girl. Who really is on my mind.

Sandara Park.

I grit my teeth as I remember what happened the last time I saw Dara, slamming the car door shut. Making the whole car shudder at the force I used.

“Why do I even care?” I mutter.

I don’t care, of course I don’t care.

I don’t give a what happens to her, who she’s with, or any of that crap.

I might as well forfeit the bet already.

The phone rings and I answer swiftly.

“Yo”

“Dude! You’re coming to my birthday tonight right?” Joon shouts over the phone.

I feel a huge grin crawl onto my face, remembering what today is.

“Is there going to be food?” I ask.

“ you man”

“Just kidding! Arasso, I’ll be there. Big white tent in the woods right, in an hour?” I check.

“Yep. But security won’t let you in without a present, I told them specifically to not let you in without one” He says in a cocky tone.

“Hmmmm…..maybe I won’t bring a gift then. Then I won’t have to go to your party…..” I tease.

“Yah! Hyung!”

“Just joking Joon. I’ll see you soon”

“You better” He warns, before hanging up.

Another distraction.

Now…what to get Joon?

Maybe….a holiday in New Zealand?

I’m a genius.

Sandara Park’s POV

“Bommie I’m sorry, I forgot you wanted to go shopping tonight” I sigh, watching a very mad Park Bom stomp around my house.

“I hate you Sandara Park” She mutters, giving me an evil glare.

“I said I’m sorry!” I groan.

“You’re a poor excuse for a best friend” She declares.

“I know”

“A y excuse for a person” She continues.

“I know”

“And above all, an absolutely tragic excuse for a human being” She roars.

“I know” I sigh.

“Yeah you better know. Dummy! Because the next time you forget about our plans, I am going to find Lee Min Ho and pay him to kiss you again!”

“You wouldn’t!” I gasp.

“You never know what I’m capable of when angry Dara, so don’t bail on me again arasso?” She turns from a dangerous demon to a sweet angel.

“O..okay” I stutter.

“Well, I better be off. Since you need to leave now too….” She looks down at her watch, before opening my front door, gesturing for both of us to leave my apartment.

“Yeah” I say, walking out with her.

“By the way, looking good Dara” She smiles at me.

I look down at my outfit, remembering what I’m wearing. A white, short sleeve turtle neck with pink polka dots, along with a baby blue skirt and 3 inch white pumps. Along with a beige satchel. My straight hair pulled back into a neat high ponytail with a baby blue ribbon. Silver mini hoops that are as big as my fingertips in my ears, and natural make up on my face.

“Conservative and classy, and yet y. Good job babe, byebye” She waves, parting ways with me as she heads for her place and I signal for a cab.

“Byebye”

I hop into the cab and tell him where I’m going, as I strap in.

“Going to a party tonight miss?” The driver asks.

“Something like that” I reply, taking one final makeup check with a compact mirror.

“I see” He grunts, stepping on the gas.

 “What is wrong with you?”

“Why didn’t you try to stop him from kissing you?”

 “Huh?”

“Why didn’t you try and stop him?”

“I don’t understand….”

~~~~~~~

 “What are you doing?”

“Why were you with him?”

“What?”

“Why were you with Hyun Joong today?”

“Why are you acting like this?”

“Because I want to know”

“Why does it matter to you?”

“Because it does!”

“Nothing happened!”

“Why did you go on a date with him!?”

“That was not a date!”

“If it wasn’t a date, then how come you nearly kissed him!?”

“What does it matter if we kiss?!”

“It just does!”

“Why does it concern you?!”

“Remember what I said yesterday? I am meant to be the only guy in your life. Me, only me! Stop playing around with other guys!”

“It’s none of your business what happens between me and other guys!”

 “Yeah…yeah you’re right. It is none of my business”

It keeps on replaying in my head, no matter how hard I try to suppress the memory.

“Yeah….yeah you’re right. It’s none of my business”

“Yeah….yeah you’re right. It’s none of my business”

“Yeah….yeah you’re right. It’s none of my business”

“Yeah….yeah you’re right. It’s none of my business”

Over and over again. The memories make my heart constrict, and yet I don’t want to know why I feel this way. Why guilt gnaws at my stomach, why pain spreads like poison through my body, why confusion fogs up my mind, all of it. It’s just silly.

And yet.

I can’t help but hope….that I might see him again.

WHAT!?

STUPID! Dara you are STUPID!

You hate that guy! You need to remember that you hate that guy!

Keep your heart shut up tight.

“Young miss, stop day dreaming please. We’ve reached your destination” The driver’s voice breaks through my train of thought.

, I was out of it.

“Sorry. Thank you for the ride” I say, handing him a few bills.

“My pleasure. Have a good night miss, and keep safe”

“I will. Thank you” I bow, before getting out of the taxi.

The last of the sun is setting now, so it’s going to be dark soon. It’s so green out here. Grass, moss, trees, bushes. All green.

“Pretty” I breathe, walking through it all.

I wander for a while, trying to find the giant white tent. About 250 metres into the forest, I spot it.

“Finally” I grumble.

I walk over and show my I.D to security, who let me pass through. Inside the tent, it’s colorful. Crazy funky colored spotlights dancing around the tent, no corner of the place left blank. A long bar at one side of the tent, with about 5 bartenders manning the area. A familiar face approaches me, in a casual, yet surely expensive outfit.

“What are you doing here?” He asks in a friendly tone.

“Huh? I’m the DJ” I pop.

The guy’s eyes widen, and any familiarity I may have had about him vanishes. Now I really am clueless as to whom this guy is.

“Really? Wow, what are the chances? Well I’ll show you to the booth, and you have half an hour to set up” He grins.

“Ummm….sorry, but who are you?” I ask.

He raises an eyebrow, and his mouth turns into an ‘O’.

“You don’t know who I am Sandara Park?” He questions, pointing to himself.

Embarrassed, I shake my head slowly.

“I’m Kim Joon. We went to high school together….” He trails off, hoping to jolt my memory.

Kim Joon. Kim Joon. Kim Joon. Kim Joon!

“Oh! I remember!” I exclaim.

“You do?” A broad smile sweeps across his face.

“Yeah. You were friends with Lee Min Ho, and your whole crowd was full of jerks and es” I say dryly.

His smile falters, and he pouts.

“Yeah….sorry about that……well anyway it’s my birthday!” He looks down at the ground.

“Uhhh….it’s okay. Happy Birthday” I politely add in.

“Thanks, now follow me to the DJ booth”

I nod, and follow him to a corner of the tent. He shows me the music and gives me instructions to make sure the music never gets slow. I set up, and before I know it, people are starting to flood in. The music plays loud, the beat feeling like it could be moving the tent. The crowds get bigger, thicker, denser. Girls and boys, dancing, laughing, drinking, eating. A table for where presents should be set aside grows fuller and fuller. The mountain getting higher and higher. I sway with the music too in the booth, melting into the music.

I hate to admit it, but this is actually….fun.

Everyone here is dressed nicely, but it’s only classy-casual. So I fit in to a certain degree, not standing out like an eyesore.

Time flies. 7 becomes 9, 9 becomes 11, 11 becomes 12.

That’s when I start getting drinks sent to me from the bar, which isn’t too far away from y booth. The waitresses always saying things like;

“This is from the young gentleman in the white tux over there, he says ‘hi’”

Or

“This is from that group of men over there, they say ‘nice body’

Or

“The man over there sitting alone at the bar was wondering ‘what time do you finish tonight?’

 

I gladly take the drinks but I never respond to the guys, it seems like if they really want to talk to me, they should just come over here. Don’t play silly games with me.

“Boo” A honey-sweet voice sounds.

I turn around in the booth to find Hyun Joong grinning at me, looking as perfect as always.

“H…h…how did you get in here?” I sputter.

“You’re very unobservant, I just walked through” He laughs.

“I see….”

“I haven’t seen you in a while” He frowns.

“Well, I’ve been studying and working” I point out, remembering how many times Hyun Joong tried to organize things with me this week.

“It seems like you, my friend won’t even give me the time of day” He accuses.

“Yah! That’s not fair!” I laugh.

“Well…you don’t play fair Dara” He shoots back.

I grimace at his comment, but notice that one of his hands is behind his back, hiding something.

“What do you have there?” I peer curiously.

“I brought a pack of soju over here, thinking you might want something from non-y men” He chuckles, revealing a big box of booze.

“You are awesome!” I cheer, taking a bottle from the pack.

“I know”

“Full of yourself much?” I ask.

“No, just sure” He winks.

We drink, a lot. I don’t count how much. All I know is that we get tipsy, and I put on an automatic track. So that we can dance on the dance floor for a while in front of the booth. Hyun Joong leads me down from the booth, helping me to not trip over as we get onto the dance floor with the rest of the people.

“Your ponytail has come loose!” He shouts over the music, his hands coming around me to tighten it.

My hands fly up to his and stop him.

“It’s okay, it’s just going to get messy again since we’re dancing” I reassure him.

He chuckles and nods. I guide his hands down to my waist, and we start dancing to the beat. Fast, slow, whatever it changes to, we change to it.

“You’re a pretty good dancer” I compliment.

“You’re really pretty tonight” He cracks back.

“Thanks” I wink at him and laugh.

I feel his grip on my waist tighten, but I can’t be bothered. The alcohol clouding my mind.

We get closer in proximity, the space between us lessening fast.

“I’m glad I came to Joon’s 21st!” Hyun Joong shouts.

“Why?”

“Because I get to dance with you” He snickers, drunk like me.

“You’re….so….cheesy!” I laugh.

We’re laughing together, our faces getting closer. We’re so close that now, we don’t even have to shout over the music to hear each other. Hyun Joong’s eyes are nice to look at from this closeness. His floppy hair, now sweaty and sticking to his forehead. His lips, pouty and y.

“There are lots of guys looking at you tonight” He mutters, pulling me closer.

“Really?” I yawn.

“Mmmmmm” He answers seriously.

“Why so serious?” I giggle.

“Because, I don’t like guys staring at you”

“Huh? Why?”

You aren’t making sense Hyun Joong oppa….

“Because I….”

Instead of finishing his words, he kisses me. His lips locking with mine, sweet and gentle.

Omo!

Hyun Joong oppa…..

We kiss, more than once. It’s addicting, and the need grows stronger. To touch, to kiss. To be close to each other.

Min Ho’s a better kisser.

WAIT!

WHY AM I THINKING THAT!?

Don’t think about that guy!

I feel Hyun Joong’s smile against my lips as we kiss one last time, before he pulls away and we both open our eyes.

“I like you Dara”

My jaw drops, but before I can say anything in response. I am lifted off the ground, and flung over someone’s shoulder.

“Yah!” I yell, flailing my fists at the person’s back.

“Sandara Park you are in so much trouble” A low, grumpy voice mutters.

Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho.

Uh-oh.

Writer's Notes:

Enjoy this update! It might not be that good, and there may be many spelling and gramatical errors in it. But it's Friday and I am exhausted! I have an assignment that is due on Monday right before i leave for my camping trip >.<

Uh-oh! Dara you are in trouble!! TEEHEE ^-^

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3