Mr. and Mrs. Lee?

Silly Bets

(a/n: not edited as always ^o^)

Sandara Park's POV

 

We're eating at a very long table, 4 out of 15 chairs occupied. 

Mr. Lee at the head, Mrs. Lee to his right, Min Ho to his left and myself beside Min Ho.

"So...how old are you Dara?" Mr. Lee breaks through the silence. That probably only I felt was awkward.

"The same age as Min Ho" I answer, patting my mouth with a napkin.

"Really? This just keeps getting better and better" Mrs. Lee beams, resembling a child on Christmas day.

"Mom" Min Ho hisses.

"What?" She peers innocently, blinking her eyes.

"Oh! Honey look at this! Aren't they cute?" She suddenly pulls out the camera from earlier out of nowhere, leaning over to Mr. Lee's side.

Wait...that isn't...what I think it is....is it?

"We should get that framed" The older man nods, smiling.

The jerk next to me snatches the camera away, looking at the screen. My jaw drops.

Why is it what I thought it was!?!?

Sure enough, Mrs. Lee captured a perfect shot of Min Ho and I hugging. Completely unaware of her presence.

"Yah! Don't be so rude to your Mom, snatching things away like that" I scold him, elbowing his side.

"Can you frame one for me too?" He looks up at his mother, completely ignoring me. Handing it back, across the table.

"Aish! No. Delete it please" I beg, not thinking.

"Aigoo! So cute!" Mrs. Lee reaches over to pinch one of my cheeks, while Mr. Lee sniggers. Fortunately, Min Ho stops her before she can reach my poor face.

"Mom..." He warns again.

"I wish I had a cute child like Dara" She sighs, making me blush.

"What are you talking about? You have me" The pabo beside me scoffs arrogantly.

"I'm beginning to wonder if you three are even related" I shake my head, spooning some rice.

"You two are lovely, really. And well...he's just...bleh" I continue.

"That's probably because we weren't born into money..." Mr. Lee trails off.

"Huh?"

"You didn't know? When my wife and I met we were both really poor. We fell in love, got married and then started an import and export business. It took off well, within 2 years we had become very successful and wealthy...and then we had a son"

That explains the difference in personalities.

"I'm just bleh?" Min Ho raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yep"

"Actually I've always wanted to-" Min Ho's mother starts, a glint in her eyes.

"Mom!"

"Oh, be quiet. When I was pregnant with Min Ho, I saw this drama...where there were two mothers who gave birth in the same hospital on the same day...but...here's the interesting part...their babies got switched!" She exclaims, excited.

"Dear...I think you need to calm down..." Mr. Lee murmurs, noticing my taken aback expression.

"Anyway, I thought it would be cool if my baby got switched with someone else's in the hospital. My secret wish in life was to lead a soap opera worthy life...so I was determined to get my baby mixed up with another and then go on a life long quest to find my real child!" She stands up, clasping her hands and swinging side to side.

How old is this woman!?

"Oh my God" I hear Min Ho mutter under his breath.

Even Mr. Lee is bowing his head in shame right now, the two men embarrassed by the woman's...youthful, mad behaviour.

"But someone..." She trails off, glaring at Mr. Lee.

"Had to ruin my plans..." She sits down, shooting invisible lasers at her husband.

"You were getting out of hand. You crazy woman" Mr. Lee replies, sipping from his champagne fluke.

"What happened?" I ask, curious.

"I wanted my son to actually be my son..." Mr. Lee gives a look to his wife before looking back at me.

"So I forced her to have a home birthing on the day" He finishes his sentence. I nearly fall off my chair at that.

"What?!" I burst.

"I know!" Mrs. Lee pops.

"T-t-that w-would have been so painful, with no drugs and stuff"

"How would you know? Have you secretly been having children behind my back?" Min Ho pokes me.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes.

"It was the most awful thing in the world" Mrs. Lee nods.

This family is crazy.

I thought his parents were normal, nice people.

But no...

They are all definitely related.

"Well...now you know more about us" Mr. Lee jokes.

"Ah...yes" I smile weakly.

"How long have you two been dating?" Mrs. Lee smoothes her hair.

What!?

I start choking on my food and the dummy pats my back, helping me recover faster. When I am finally recomposed, his parents are staring at me. Amused.

"Erm...sorry. We aren't dating" I clarify.

"Oh what a shame" Mrs. Lee frowns.

"She did say that she hates him" Mr. Lee chuckles.

"Of course she would hate our son. He's awful. She probably knows she can do better" She sighs, scowling at her son.

"Yah! What do you mean I'm awful? I'm the best, anyone would be lucky to date me" He pouts, earning a scoff from me.

"I pity your future wife" I say, scrunching my nose.

"Want to be her?" He grins.

"Never"

"What do you mean-"

"I'd rather marry a pickle" I bluntly cut him off.

"The pickle would probably be more considerate than Min Ho" Mr. Lee nods.

"Why is everyone gaining up on me?" He whines.

"Why not?" I giggle.

"I swear Dara I will-"

"You will what son?" His mom comes to the rescue.

He falls silent at that, and I have to purse my lips to suppress my laughter.

"I think you two should date" Mrs. Lee comments.

What!? Why!?

"I think they should get married" Mr. Lee says. Causing both Min Ho and I to choke on our drinks.

Marry him!?

As soon as I am able to speak again, I jab a finger at the idiot who I should supposedly marry.

"I mean no disrespect, but...I will never marry him"

"See Min Ho! You're such a disgusting human being that now Dara will never be my daughter in law" Mrs. Lee sadly stares at her meal.

"You guys are embarrassing me so much right now..." Min Ho face palms himself, breathing in and out slowly.

"How much does my son have to pay you to keep you from calling the police for harassment?" Mr. Lee questions.

"1 million won per week" He answers for me.

Why did you answer that!?

"I feel sorry for the girl. You're truly annoying" Mr. Lee gives me an apologetic smile.

"What the hell Dad!?"

"Language"

"I'm not that bad"

"Yes you are" His parents and I say in unison.

Hey! I'm not the only one who thinks so!

"Do you guys like Dara more than me?"

"Yes" They answer flatly.

Omo! Even your parents like me better!

Min Ho grimaces and I bite my lip. 

"Well I like Dara better than the two of you" Min Ho grins, about to put an arm around me.

"Don't touch me"

"Why" he groans.

"Because I hate you" I smirk.

"So adorable. They fight like an old married couple" Mr. Lee laughs.

"Are you dating anyone right now Dara?" Mrs. Lee enquires.

"Umm...yes. Kim Hyun Joong"

"Min Ho's Kim Hyun Joong?" 

"Yes"

"If you want to marry him I can call his parents right-"

"Okay Dara, let's go" Min Ho stands up, making his chair screech against the wooden floor boards. Gripping my wrist and yanking me to my feet.

"Yah!" I shout.

No POV

After Min Ho and Dara left the Lee's house, Mr. and Mrs. Lee high fived each other.

"Definitely in love those two are" Mr. Lee said in a Yoda like manner.

"I wish I had walked in on them kissing instead" The wife happily sighed.


Writer's Notes:

This was originally meant to be a long chapter, but I've split it up. Because to have fluff near something so...ugh...isn't always nice....
So if that wasn't a big enough spoiler for what is to come then I don't know what is xD
Mr. and Mrs. Lee...God I wish my parents could be quirky like them sometimes!
Oh well...
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter :D
Thanks for all the support guys~
Comments are motivating as always ^^ so please do make them.

Lots of love,
xoxoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3