Concert

Silly Bets

Lee Min Ho's POV

When I got down to the ground floor of her apartment complex, I glanced down at the floor for a moment.

That was when I realized…

“I still have her grocery bags?”

I mentally face palmed myself, and cursed silently. I pressed the button for Dara’s floor again and sighed, leaning against the wall.

Her lips are still as soft as ever.

I remarked, brushing my fingertips over my own lips.

Stupid girl, making me fall for you.

Making me so freaking mad all the time too.

I marched up to her apartment door, the nervous, trembling child within masked well. I entered her code and walked into the room like I’ve done for ages now. She sat up from the couch, her eyes on me as I took off my shoes.

“I forgot to hand these to you” I lifted my hand with the plastic bags up, explaining myself.

She stood up, not saying a word to me. Her eyes were narrowed and I could tell that she was annoyed with my little kiss from earlier. I smirked at the memory and placed the bags down on her kitchen counter. When I turned around again, my face met a hand. A very familiar hand. The sound of the slap echoed through the room, loud and hard.

“That’s for being a jerk for the 5 millionth time” Dara hissed, with a dagger glare.

My cheek stung and felt red hot. It always irritated me when she did it, but undeniably her actions were always justified. My hand went up to the area where she had landed the blow, in an attempt to sooth it. I in a deep breath and calmed myself, not wanting to piss her off too much. Or at all for the matter.

“Thanks for coming back with my food” Her eyes drifted off to where the food was, quickly forcing her attention back on me.

“You’re welcome” I mumbled.

She didn’t waste time standing there awkwardly, instead, the girl in the baby purple pants began to put away her shopping. Quietly arranging everything just so. She was quick with her nimble fingers and was finished before I knew it.

As she folded up the plastic bags I stared at her side profile. Eyes trailing down to her pink, swollen lips. Which are pressed in a tight line. Teasing, taunting.

I could spend hours eating those.

“I’m still not sorry”

There I said it.

She turned to me with narrow eyes.

“You’re not sorry? About kissing me just now?” She asked, walking towards me.

“Yeah” I met her half way, the space between us less than a metre.

“You really are an ” Dara sighed.

We just stayed like that for a while. Staring each other down. I didn’t even know why I said it, but I just felt the need to. I was unapologetic about the kiss in the elevator and there was nothing more to it.

Slowly our faces gravitated near each other and I don’t think either of us noticed until there was only an inch separating us. Her cheeks lightly coloured by themselves and I could feel the slightest of heat radiating off of them, which was so cute.

And kind of a turn on…

My hands got a little sweaty, as we stayed like that.

“I really want to kiss you right now” I huskily whispered.

Panic struck through her eyes, and she bit her lip. Nervous.

“Do I still make you nervous Dara?” I leaned in closer. Too close for comfort.

She gulped audibly, dry. I chuckled, bringing two fingers up under her chin. Tilting her head up.

“I know that I’m meant to be on punishment right now, but I honestly can’t do it” I muttered.

She opened to say something but I stopped her.

“Can you honestly say that you don’t want me to kiss you right now?”

I didn’t wait for an answer. Our lips met and meshed immediately. There was no resistance, only an urgency. Surprisingly, her hands found mine and interlocked our fingers. The kiss was familiar with emotions poured into it. Her irritation, hurt and warmth. My jealousy, longing and want. We broke apart for 3 seconds before getting back into it. Deeper. Tongues mingled. It didn’t take long to turn angry though. I bit her lower lip and tugged on it. She returned the favour by drawing blood from my bottom lip. The metallic liquid exchanged between the both of us. It wasn’t just a kiss, it was a form of communication. Unspoken words, invisible actions, unshed tears. I felt it all and I was sure she did too.

When it finally ended she just stared at the ground.

“I feel like sometimes you just expect me to forgive you because of a kiss” She bitterly said.

“Guilty as charged” I leaned my forehead against hers.

“I don’t like that mentality of yours”

“I never asked you to”

My arms slipped around her waist and I hugged her, holding her small frame in my arms.

“I’m so weak when it comes to you” She sighed, relaxed in my embrace.

“I’m glad” I pecked the top of her head.

“I’m staying here with you tonight” I announced, determined.

“You can’t” She shut me down.

“Why not?”

“I’m going out tonight”

“You don’t need to though…”

“It’s only for the night dummy, we have plenty of time later”

“Maybe you do, but I don’t” I shook my head, my chin still resting on top of her head.

“What do you mean you weirdo?” She giggled.

“I only have a week”

The room fell silent, and I knew that she understood. Perhaps the deal with the two of us wasn’t that we had miscommunications, but that we simply chose to pretend we didn’t understand the situations. Because we didn’t want to acknowledge them.

“What do you mean by that?” Her voice came out small.

“You’re not ready to hear it and I’m not ready to say it” I replied.

Sandara Park’s POV

His words only confused me more, if that was even possible. I didn’t appreciate it at all, but I knew it was the best I was going to get out of him tonight. I sighed once again because of the jerk, and lightly pushed him away from me. My heart was still beating at an erratic pace, but I managed to smooth my expression. We stared at each other and my lips continued to tingle from the loss of contact, from the absence of his lips.

However, I wouldn’t let that sensation make me forget. He had done something knowing exactly what the outcome would be. Me, wanting to murder him once again.

With an unsure mind, I spoke.

“I’m going out tonight. Whether you like it or not”

“Then I’ll go with you” He insisted in that annoying persistent manor of his.

I shook my head without a second thought because I knew it simply wouldn’t work.

“No, it’s supposed to be just Bommie and I tonight”

“But-”

“There’s no point in trying to convince me otherwise” I sighed.

Min Ho grimaced and raked a hand through his hair, realising that he wasn’t going to win this one.

“You should leave now, I need to get ready” I murmured, taking a step towards the door.

That familiar, large hand landed on my wrist. Clenching it tight. Even though I couldn’t see his face, I knew what it would look like. Something confusing. Something unidentifiable.

Something that would break me down, and tell him to stay.

“I won’t ask where you’re going because I know you don’t want me to follow, but…” He trailed off.

I swallowed a lump forming in my throat and prayed for my weakness to fade.

“Take care of yourself…”

“For me”

b-b-bump, b-bump, b-b-b-bump.

“O-of course” I answered blankly.

“I’ll be leaving then” Min Ho released me.

When Lee Min Ho walked out the door today, he left me feeling empty. As if he had taken something of mine with him. Something vital.

“I-I-I couldn’t  love you”

Lee Min Ho’s POV

“Thanks for meeting with me today” I greeted as she sat down in front of me.

“No problem. I was expecting you to call me eventually” She smiled cheekily.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, I am Park Bom. You know, Dara’s best friend since forever. And you must know by now how you feel about her” She grinned widely.

My body heated up and I wasn’t sure if my cheeks had flushed or not.

Hopefully not.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked with my poker face.

“You love her” Park Bom said it bluntly.

I must be so obvious.

It was pointless to hide it, so I nodded. The girl across from me resembled a glowing star. Radiating with happiness. A smirk plastered on her face. It made me wonder what was going through her mind. After all, this girl was Dara’s confide. Dara’s sister in a sense.

Before my thoughts could flow anymore, she spoke up again.

“I am always right” She giggled with satisfaction, pleased with herself.

“So how can I help you Lee Min Ho?”

“I kind of…need advice…” I looked down at the table, feeling like a fool for having to go to Dara’s best friend for advice.

“On how to confess to Dara?” She asked.

“Yeah”

“Just tell her!” Bom blurted.

“Huh?” My jaw dropped.

“Omo, you guys are hopeless” She whispered, shaking her head disapprovingly.

“This has been going on for too long. Just confess to her straight up please. For everybody’s sake”

“I don’t really understand…”

“That’s because you’re thick skinned like Dara. Seriously, you two are made for each other”

I was baffled and not quite sure how to react to anything this crazy woman was saying. It was almost like Park Bom was from an outer space planet, speaking an alien language that I would never be able to decipher. Whether Dara understood her best friend or not, I certainly didn’t. But a small part of me suggested that perhaps I was the odd ball here and the rest of the world was normal. The latter was the logical choice, but I would stick to the first one for my sanity.

When I broke away from my train of thought, Bom was staring at me with a very entertained expression on her face.

“I want to ask you something” She stated in a matter of fact tone.

“Okay…”

“Did you read Dara’s diary?”

My eyes jumped out of their sockets and ran around the world in half a second before returning to their normal stance. Fear escalating. I didn’t know how I had been caught out and for once I was at the other end of the stick. I didn’t like it one tiny bit.

“H-h-how-” I stuttered.

“So you did?” She raised an eyebrow like a parent catching their own child stealing candy from the kitchen.

I had a feeling that at this point my face said it all, so I decided to let my silence answer her instead. Surprisingly she just frowned and clucked her tongue.

“Aish. You idiot. You should never do that. I knew from what Dara was telling me that you must have had some sort of resource that would tell you all about her. But of course I wouldn’t tell Dara that because knowing her she would never trust you again. Seriously! Why are you so stupid?” Bom reprimanded me.

“Huh?”

My lack of ability to follow Park Bom’s weird conversation earned me a quick and hard slap from her across the face. Immediately my hand went up to my cheek and I cursed under my breath, glaring at the girl. Her slap felt so freaking similar to Dara’s. I decided it would be best to not make a big deal about what Bom just did because I had a feeling she wouldn’t hesitate to crush my junior too.

She must have-

“I taught Dara how to slap too” She said, answering another question of mine.

“I see” I mumbled, continuing to rub my red cheek.

“Get rid of her diary and confess already” She ordered firmly, standing up. About to leave.

“Wait” I stopped her.

“Hmmm?”

“Why are you doing all of this? Not telling Dara about the I’ve done and helping me out” I questioned, suspicious.

She smiled softly and shook her head.

“Because ever since you came back into my best friend’s life, she’s been happy. The happiest I’ve ever seen her been”

With that she left me. Warmth buzzed through me as I made my way to the car. Those words echoing in my head, over and over again. It was a great feeling and I didn’t want it to end anytime soon.

She’s happy with me.

My phone sprung to life, ringing that annoying ringtone that I never could be bothered changing.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Dude!” Geun Suk’s tipsy voice greeted me.

“Isn’t it a little early to be drinking man?” I chuckled, pulling up to my house.

“What are you talking about?! The night has begun!” He cackled.

“Sure it has. Now what do you want?” I rolled my eyes, as I made my way past the maids.

“Me. You. Concert. Tonight”

“Ugh. No Geun Suk, never again. Every time I go with you to one of those you end up ditching me to some groupie in a portaloo. Which may I add, is just plain nasty” I rejected the invitation, crinkling my nose.

“Aww come on! That was what? 1…2…3 times!” He groaned on the other end of the line.

“Yeah. 3 ing times you ” I retorted.

“Please Min Ho! I swear I won’t do it tonight! Don’t make me go to this one alone!” He begged childishly.

“No” I flatly answered.

“Please”

“No”

“Please~”

“No!”

“Please~~~”

“OHMYINGGOD! OKAY! I’LL GO!” I screamed into the phone, annoyed beyond words.

“Thank you. I’ll be over in half an hour” His grin of triumph could be heard through the phone.

Well, it’s not like I had any other plans for tonight.

Sandara Park's POV

“Bommie! I don’t love him” I groaned in frustration on the way to the concert.

Bommie giggled like a mad woman while driving, a glint in her eyes suggesting that she didn’t believe me.

“Of course you don’t love him” She said with thick sarcasm.

Park Bom you are being a really y best friend right now!

“I hate you” I sighed, my head lightly thumping against the seat.

“When you say I hate you to Min Ho are you secretly saying I love you?” She teased.

“You’re lucky you’re driving, or else I would hit you Bommie”

We arrived at the concert venue. The dark night illuminated by shining stars scattered across the sky, twinkling and glittering. The stage beaming brightly at us. The band on stage rocking out, loud and proud. Bodies jumping up and down, cheering, moshing together. The strong smell of beer in the air accompanied by the smell of sweat.

It was a beautiful mess.

“Admit it! You love it when I drag you out to have fun!” Bommie ecstatically called out as we got out of the car.

“Okay, okay! I admit it! You are the best!” I laughed, as we walked towards the huge crowd of people surrounding the stage.

We squeezed through people to get to the middle of the audience. Yes it pissed some of them off, but I really couldn’t care for once. I was just going to have fun and not give a . The music got louder and we got rowdier along with the rest of the crowd.

I got so absorbed in the music and the vibe of the place, that I didn’t notice it happen.

I didn’t notice Bommie’s sudden absence.

Nor did I notice, that jerk’s presence.

Right beside me.

A Very Quick Once in a Fanfic Park Bom’s POV

Oh my God! Sandara Park your luck never fails to make me mentally squeal!

Lee Min Ho and a friend were beside Dara. No one seemed to notice the other’s presence, as they moshed to the music. It was perfect. Too ing perfect to be true and yet here it was. Right in front of me. Before I could tap Dara’s shoulder and point Min Ho out to her, Min Ho’s friend and a random girl were making out and they disappeared from the crowd. Most likely back to a hotel. The machinery in my head turned and creaked before bursting into full steam ahead.

My options for the situation were narrowed down to two, both very appealing. 1, push Dara into Min Ho’s arms and watch her face morph into something absolutely hilarious. Or 2, abandon my best friend in hopes that she and Min Ho will end up together on their own.

The first one would cause me roll on the floor and laugh my off.

However I chose the latter. Why? Because chances are Min Ho and that friend of his went in one car together, meaning he doesn’t have a ride anymore. I know for a fact that I am Dara’s ride back home for the night too. So if the two were to be stranded here together for God knows how long…things could go into full bloom.

Park Bom you are a genius!

I quietly scuttled away from the two soon to be lovebirds by using my awesome Bommie ninja skills and skipped back to my car. I considered texting Dara even though she won’t check her phone for a while, but decided against it. After I strapped myself in and started the engine, I finally said it out loud.

“I am an awesome best friend”

Dara I can’t wait to tell your children all about how I contributed to making your life into the perfect drama.

Lee Min Ho's POV

I glanced to my left and my jaw dropped down to the muddy ground. I guess I should have expected it to happen again, but I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t. Geun Suk was missing and by missing I mean he was probably off somewhere banging another chick.

You’re a dickhead man.

Here I was alone at a concert. Music blasting, crowd hot and sweaty and alcohol so easy to get a hold of.

I sighed in irritation and turned to my left at the same time as the girl next to me did.

“Ahhhh!” We screamed in unison. Though no one else heard over the music.

There Dara was, right next to me. Wide eyes and an ‘o’ shaped mouth. Gaping at me.

“W-w-what are you doing here?” She flung a shaky finger in my direction.

“Going to a concert with my friend” I answered.

“Where is he then?”

“He ditched me and I only noticed now. Where’s Bom?” I crossed my arms, tilting my head to the side.

She turned around confidently to point her out, only to be sorely disappointed. Her friend nowhere to be seen. I saw her face turn red and she stomped he feet.

“I’ve been ditched too” She grumbled, tugging the ends of her hair in frustration.

We both sighed together too and then laughed at our synchronisation. We melted back into concert mode and swayed with the body of people. Jumping when they jumped. Screaming when they screamed. Lights everywhere and yet only on stage. Soaked and yet dehydrated. Out of tune, screeching voices sang along with the vocalist. The night sped away fast, and before I knew it the last song was ending. Dara and I with our arms around each other’s shoulders, jumping around to the last part of the song. Water burst from the stage, wetting the audience. Laughter and squeaks erupted from everyone as the concert ended.


We were sitting on a bench next to the stage as everyone dispersed, beginning their journeys home. The cab I had called wouldn’t be here for another 10 minutes. Dara leaned on my shoulder, tired. Her eyes were not drooping yet, but surely would in a few minutes.

“Can you pass me a beer?” She mumbled, peering up at me with big eyes.

Cute.

“Sure”

“Just tell her!”

I gulped down and told myself to man up and just tell her already. I grabbed two cans of cass from the ice box next to the bench we were seated on and quickly shook one can. Inconspicuously I handed over to Dara, who smiled gratefully.

“Thanks” She softly said.

“No problem” I replied, snapping mine open and taking a long swig. I watched her open hers.

1, 2, 3

“Kyah!” She sounded, as the can fizzed over onto her fingers.

I couldn’t help but laugh. Her expression was priceless and the sound she made only added to the comedy of it all. She glared at me and hissed, annoyed.

“Jerk”

I grinned in response and she rolled her eyes, chugging the drink down.

“You’re not ready to hear it and I’m not ready to say it” She murmured to herself.

“What did you mean by that Min Ho?” She turned to me with a quizzical expression.

b-b-bump, b-bump.

Here goes nothing.

 I broke off the pull tab of my beer can, a small cracking sound made. I held it in between two fingers and looked up at a confused Dara.

“You always ask me what is our relationship? and I always answer with whatever you want it to be” I started off.

“Do you want to know what I want it to be?” I leaned in, our faces so close.

She inhaled sharply and audibly gulped down, her eyes locked with mine. With a turtles speed I pressed my lips gently upon hers. Giving her a kiss with free flowing passion and a tender touch. She returned the kiss with the same soft, burning fire that no kiss should lack. I took her small left hand in my own and gingerly slipped the pull tab onto her finger.

I hope out of all the kisses we’ve shared you remember that one forever.

I broke away from Dara, my forehead against hers. Our quiet breathing short and fast. Her eyes darted down to her hand and then to me again. Back and forth, back and forth.

“I’m in love with you Dara” I whispered against her lips.

“. Bommie was right”

“Huh?”

She kissed me unexpectedly. Roughly and speedily, ending it just as fast as she initiated it.

“I’m in love with you too, again” She chuckled.

 


Writer's Notes:

So yeah...it's been a while. Sorry *90 degree bow*

I personally like this chapter a lot ^^

It was fun to write.

In the next one...well...there will be two versions. One for those of you who are s. and like to read naughty naughty things and one for those of you with pure minds. May I ask how that is even possible if you love KPOP?!

Please do comment! It will be nice to hear from you all~~~

Thanks for reading,

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3 AND HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!