Ramen

Silly Bets

There is something seriously messed up here.

He doesn’t answer my question, just locks the doors and starts the car. He pulls out a small remote with two buttons and presses one, a cavity in the concrete walls appearing.

Omo.

This is like a spy movie, how on earth did I end up here.

He drives into it and we start driving in circles going up, making me dizzy. After a few minutes he presses the other button and we go through another hole, which leads to the surface of the earth again. I can see the sky, and buildings and people.

I have an idea.

I start screaming and banging on the glass for help, but no one reacts to me.

“The windows are tinted and this car is soundproof” He explains why my plan isn’t working.

I stop making a racket and glare at him, hopping that maybe I can burn a hole through his head with my stare.

“You really are a sly guy huh? How many girls do you kidnap in this car?” I sneer.

“You’re the first one I have actually kidnapped in this car” He winks at me, which makes me annoyed even more.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Home”

“What do you mean by home?” I snarl.

“We’re here” He replies, parking the car.

I look outside my window and my eyes pop out of their sockets, my breathing stopping.

“H….h…h…h…how do you know where I live?” I stutter, now nervous and completely dumbstruck.

OMO!

Why does he know where I live?!

Why!?

How?!

When?!

“I have my sources” He chuckles, getting out of the car and dragging me along with him.

I immediately run away from him, into the elevator, jabbing at my floor button quickly before he gets to where I am. But what confuses me is the fact that he isn’t running after me, he just continues to walk towards me, an amused smile on his lips.

I can’t believe you touched me with those.

The doors close and I relax, knowing that I’m safe now. I enter my keypad number and my apartment door opens, I slip inside fast. Just then, my phone vibrates. I have a message, from an unknown number.

‘Goodnight Sandara Park’

I shudder at the possibility of this message being from him, biting my lip I can’t help but wonder again.

“Why did he know where I live?”

I shrug and sigh, walking to my bathroom.

Let’s be glad it was just that creep who kidnapped me tonight, and not someone who is dangerous.

No POV

Lee Min Ho was having the time of his life plotting how to worm his way into Sandara Park’s heart. Her expression when she realized that he knew where she lived was priceless, and he couldn’t stop laughing about it on the way home. He had planned to follow her all the way to her front door, but he felt that if he did so he might really scare her. As Min Ho’s grip tightened on the wheel, he glanced to his side window. He was passing the high school that he used to attend, and something crept up on him from that sight.

“Sandara has really become something to look at” He mutters to himself, remembering what she wore that night.

He thought that the girl who had liked him back in high school was dull, but it had turned out that she had become a stunner. Who even Min Ho would surrender to, if not for the bet he wanted to win. As he arrived back at his mansion, he chuckled slyly.

“I can’t wait to see her again”

Sandara Park’s POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Ugh!” I groan, fumbling for the button on my alarm clock.

Slowly I open my eyes, accepting the fact that I have to get up for class today. But what I see makes me fall out of bed, and nearly shriek. I hit the floor with a thump and yelp in pain.

“! I’m going to be late!”

I overslept, and only have half an hour to get to class.

That must have been my alarm ringing the snooze for like the one hundredth time.

I run to the shower and throw my clothes off onto the floor, cold water spraying all over me. The smell of alcohol washing off my body down the drain, being replaced with sweet scents. My head is throbbing from the night before, the unwanted hangover killing me. I dry off and throw on a white turtle neck, black skirt and black pumps. Tying my hair up into a neat ponytail, I check how much time I have left.

15 minutes.

“Crud” I whimper.

I gather my pencil case and phone, tossing them into my book bag with the books I’ll need for today. Flinging open the pantry doors, I chug down a juice box and then brush my teeth.

10 minutes till class.

“Bommie, if I am late for class it’s all on you” I mutter to myself as I walk out the door with my stuff.

Campus is just a 5 minute walk away, but I run. The sunlight is blinding, and it’s too loud outside, the throbbing in my head not stopping. I get to the gates and then start walking, breathless. Zipping from building to building, down one corridor, up another. I make it to class with 2 minutes to spare, exhausted from my rushed morning. I take my seat next CL, who raises an eyebrow.

“What happened to you, you look like you just woke up?”

“I did” I reply dryly, earning a laugh from her.

“Oh dear Dara, what are we going to do with you?” She teases.

“Everybody take your seats, my lecture is about to start!” The Professor booms, stopping all chatter in the room.

We start taking notes, and then we come onto a particular topic.

“You all are aware of the worldly recession at the present time, correct? At times like these, business people, especially those who are just starting out…..need to be cautious with investments. In fact, at times like these, it is best to not invest in anything at all. Risking everything you’ve got is not a smart move….”

The Professor is interrupted by a voice of the class.

“That’s not true”

“Excuse me young man?”

“I said that’s not true professor” The guy repeats himself.

Who does this guy think he is? To interrupt a lecture so abruptly, so rudely. The lack of respect this guy must have for other people…..

Wait a minute….

No, I’m just imagining things.

“How so?” The Professor asks, curious.

“In times like these, depending on what currency you earn. Now would be the best time to invest”

“But the market is so unstable at this time, you could lose everything by doing so” The Professor smiles, thinking he has won.

He’s right.

“Risk and recklessness are two things that you should never mistake to be the same in the business world. Even in the best economic situation, you could fail. Investing is all about risk. Wouldn’t you agree Professor?” The voice challenges.

The Professor is petrified, as if he hasn’t got anything to comeback with. He just gawks at the person who is sitting at the back, though I haven’t turned around yet. Regaining composure, the old man who supposedly is meant to be teaching us asks a question out of the blue.

“You sound like you already have experience with investing, young man. Do you?”

“I have several successful investment properties and shares of companies at this very moment”

This guy sounds awfully familiar.

“Young man, if you know so much. Then why are you even taking my class?” The Professor frowns.

“This is my first time in your class today sir, I came here to meet someone” I can hear a smirk in this voice.

The Professor just sighs, and continues his lecture. I turn around in my seat, to where the voice had been coming from earlier and quietly gasp.

That guy…..

Lee Min Ho is sitting at the very back by himself, watching…..

Me?

He winks at me and I immediately turn back around to the front, goose bumps rising on my skin. CL gives me a weird look and glances back at where I was looking before, and giggles quietly. She scribbles down on her notepad, passing it to me.

‘You’re first love right?’

I nod glumly at her, but she doesn’t seem to see the problem. She writes down something else and hands it to me.

‘Is he stalking you now??’

I scowl at her which makes her poke her tongue out, she writes one last thing to me before turning her attention back to the front.

‘Well…..he’s still looking at you. TEEHEE’

I slink down in my seat with that, feeling like the whole day has been ruined just by him being near.

Why is he even here?

Gah! As if bumping into him last night wasn’t punishment enough for me.

The class ends too soon, and I don’t have another one for today.

“I gotta run to my next class, okay? Byebye Dara” CL cheerful tone makes me smile weakly.

“Okay….see you later”

She runs off leaving me alone, I pack up my stuff and check my phone. There’s a message from that number again.

‘BOO’

Someone taps me on the shoulder, making me jump up in fright. I turn around startled. Lee Min Ho with his cocky smile, greet me.

“Boo” He sounds.

“You’ve been texting me?” I breathe.

“You catch on fast” He compliments.

“What are you doing here in my class?” I hiss, hoping that venom sinks in with my words.

“Awww….didn’t you miss me?” His tone mocking.

“Why would I miss a creep like you?”

“Are we playing hard to get Dara?” He bites his lip, brushing my cheek with the back of his hand.

I smack it off me, my eyes becoming small slits.

“Don’t talk to me like you know me” I snap.

“I want to know you”

“Stay away from me” My voice blunt, I walk away.

“I’ll see you later” He calls after me.

“Nope” I answer back.

That guy!

UGH!

What is he doing touching me like that?

My phone starts ringing, and I nearly drop it as I press answer. Just arriving in front of my apartment.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Why did you ditch me last night!?” Bommie wails over the phone.

“Omo! Bommie are you okay? Did you get home safely?” I freak out, remembering my best friend whom I abandoned last night at the club.

“Yeah….at like 5 in the morning! Dara I was hoping that you would make sure I didn’t do anything stupid this time” She moans over the phone.

“Huh? What did you do this time?”

“The guy that was ogling you” She sighs.

“Omo! Bommie, you can’t just do it with strangers! Is that why you got home so late?” I ask while, walking into the elevator.

“Yes that is the reason. But omo, Dara he was good. Like soooo good. I mean I haven’t done it with many people, I can count them on one hand. But still! You really should’ve taken him and gotten your first time over and done with last night….” She trails off, giggly.

“Yah! Let’s not talk about that stuff” I grumble.

“Don’t worry Dara, being a is nothing to be ashamed of” She coos over the phone.

“Bommie, shut up! Just shut up, stop talking about me and my ity!” I nearly scream over the phone.

“Dara, where are you?” She asks.

“Outside my apartment door” I answer automatically, and then I realize what I have done.

I just proclaimed that I am a , to the world.

“Gah!” I groan over the phone.

“Sorry girlie, I should have asked where you were before talking to you about this stuff” She apologizes.

“Ugh….never mind, don’t worry about it”

“Ahhh…..Dara I have to go to class now, I’ll talk to you later arasso?”

“Ok”

She hangs up, and then I hear the sound of rain outside.

“It must have started raining just as I got here” I mumble, opening the door.

I get changed into my pajamas because they are comfortable and I don’t want to leave the house for the rest of the day. The short nightie, just covering my . It’s really just an oversized black t-shirt, but it’s good enough. My hair is falling down my back, nearly blending in with the t-shirt. My stomach growls, and then I remember that I haven’t eaten anything all day. But I haven’t gone out to the supermarket to top up on food.

I forgot to do that, again.

I pick up the phone and order ramen to be delivered to the house, not wanting to get changed back into outside clothes just to get food. I head to my bedroom to grab my laptop, setting it down on the coffee table.

“How can you not have any food in your house?”

I jump at the sound of another voice in the room, finding Lee Min Ho in my kitchen. Looking through the fridge.

“Holy crap! How did you get in here? Why are you here?” I shoot questions at him, waltzing over to him.

He glances at me before returning to his search for food in my home, answering back casually.

“I got wet in the rain, I’m hungry and I saw you walk into your apartment so I followed you in”

“But how did you get in here?”

“I entered in your keypad number 1211” He replies while closing the fridge, a pout on his face because there’s no food here.

“H…h…how did you know that?”

“I know many things……like how you’re a ” He snickers.

All the colour drains from my face and I feel like dying in that instant.

“You….heard me yell over the phone?” I whisper.

He nods, biting his lip to suppress his laughter.

“Oh my god!” I whisper shout, pushing my hair back with my hand.

“You are still innocent Dara, you lied last night” He teases, using my nickname easily.

“I didn’t lie about anything last night, I just said that I’m not as innocent as I used to be. And I told you to stay away from me” I retort.

“But you don’t get to boss me around”

He takes a step closer to me, and I notice that his hair and shirt are completely drenched, only his pants are dry. His muscles showing through his wet shirt, strong and hard. Before I know it, he’s taking off his shirt.

“What are you doing!?” I shout, averting my eyes to anywhere but him.

“Taking off my shirt”

“I know that . But why?!” I scream.

“I’m going to throw this in your dryer so that it dries off faster” He says, walking into my room.

“Oh no you aren’t! Get out of my house right now you creep” I protest.

He ignores me, but just as I am about to run in after him there’s a knock at the door.

“Hello?” I answer as I open the door.

It’s Choi Min Ho, with my ramen. He goes to the same college as me, and also has part time jobs. His main one being a fast food delivery guy. We’ve been friends for a year. He is tall and good looking, one of the guys the girls at school also fawn over.

“Hey Min Ho” I grin, happy to see him.

“Hey” Two voices sound at the same time, making me remember who is still in my apartment.

Min Ho raises his eyebrows as he looks past me, and clucks his tongue once. I turn around and my eyes bulge as my eyes set on Lee Min Ho, who’s shirtless. He’s shirtless and I am dressed like this, and we’re alone in my apartment.

OMO!

He probably thinks…..

No he wouldn’t….

“Not you Lee Min Ho, I’m talking to Choi Min Ho” I sigh irritated, I turn back to the other Min Ho.

“Nice to meet you” Choi Min Ho’s tone polite.

Lee Min Ho doesn’t answer, he just continues to stare at Choi Min Ho. I cough to grasp his attention back to me and not the Min Ho behind me.

“Ummmm….how much is it this time?” I ask him, pulling my wallet out.

“15,000 won” He replies, handing me my ramen.

I look up at him in surprise, while handing him the money.

“Wow, the price is getting lower and lower huh?”

He just nods and takes the money.

“Well, it was nice seeing you again Dara. We should catch up soon”

“Yeah….Yeah we should” I giggle.

“Bye then” He says, waving.

“Byebye” I chirp, closing the door.

Lee Min Ho is staring at me, with an unreadable expression.

“What?”

“Nice legs” He comments.

“Errrr….thanks”

You saw them last night too.

“He noticed your legs too” His tone weird.

“Huh?”

“You know that guy likes you right?”

I drop the ramen on the table, nearly spilling it.

“What?” I spit.

“Oh you didn’t know? I guess you’re really thick skinned…..he’s lowering the price for you and paying the rest himself, besides the fact that his eyes were all over you” He yawns, as if this is so obvious.

“You’re wrong” I sigh, sitting down and opening up the ramen.

 “If you say so” He chuckles, picking up the chopsticks that came with the food.

“Yah! What are you doing?” I groan as he starts to eat my food.

“What?”

“That’s my food”

“Grab your chopsticks and share then pabo” He responds.

“This guy…..” I mutter to myself, getting my own utensils.

I start eating too, sharing a meal with my worst nightmare.

This is so pathetic.

The food is all gone within minutes. He stands up and pulls me to my feet.

“What are you doing?” I growl.

“Thanks for the food” He murmurs into my ear, his appreciation sending chills down my spine.

“Y….you’re welcome”

“I make you nervous, that’s good” He chuckles.

I brush past him, planning to grab his shirt and kick him out of my house already. But he grabs my wrist and spins me around back to him, pulling me into him.

“Let me go you creep” I order.

“I need to talk to you” He says sitting down on the couch, bringing me down with him.

“Aish! Why do you have to bother me so much? I haven’t done anything to deserve this” I complain.

“I want to know you more” He announces.

“Huh?”

“I said I want to get to know you more Dara” His tone serious.

“Well I don’t, so I am getting your clothes and kicking you out. And stop calling me by my nickname, you don’t have the right to do that” I stumble to my feet.

“I can do what I want, I get what I want too. If you don’t hang out with me, I’ll have you expelled from the university immediately” His voice cold.

I stop in my tracks, my blood frozen. I don’t move, but I find the strength to speak.

“You wouldn’t…..” I start.

“But I would Dara, you know I would”

“Why are you doing this?” I ask, trembling slightly.

I hear him get up and come from behind me.

“Because you fascinate me”

“That’s a sad excuse” I choke.

“What’s your answer?” He purrs.

I stay quiet, thinking it through. Trying to not spill any tears, as he is causing me to nearly sob.

I hate this guy.

I need to go to school.

“I’ll pay you 1 million won per week” He bribes.

I really, truly hate you.

 “Fine” I whisper, the tear dropping down my cheek.

He turns me around, holding my chin in his hand, tilting my head up to look at him. He wipes away my tear.

“Good girl” He murmurs.

Then his lips crash down on mine, and he kisses me hard.

Writer's Notes:

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry......for the late update. I've been busy with exams, but not to worry. They're over!

I'll try and updates this again tomorrow.

Min Ho is so mean >< Poor Dara....

Thanks for subscribing and reading!

Lots of love,

xoxoxo,

HEARTACHES <3