Hello~ Hello~ Believe~ Believe~

Silly Bets

(a/n: not edited for mistakes and released at the time of 1 am where I am, so yes I am sleepy!)

Sandara Park's POV

"Where is she?" I pout, glancing down at my watch.

Bommie and I are meant to meet for coffee today before going to our separate classes.

But she's 10 minutes late already.

I scan around the bustling coffee shop, hoping to see her walk throught the doors. Pastel colours decorating the room, from the walls to the furniture. Messages written by couples to one another printed onto the walls, giving the place a cosy atmosphere.

I shift uneasily in the green loveseat in a corner of the room, staring glumly at my phone.

"There's a fine line between love and hate"

Bommie's words from last night echo, haunting me.

I couldn't love him.

Why would she suggest such a thing.

I definitely don't love that jerk.

"Morning" A familiar voice greets me, a voice that also rings through my head continuosly.

I jump, as Min Ho sits next to me. Materialising out of nowhere, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I ask coldly, covering up my nervousness from his touch.

"What? I can't go into a coffee shop to get coffee?" He asks me innocently, gesturing to a cappuccino set in front of him.

I roll my eyes, stealing another glance at the door.

"Why are you here?" He asks casually, taking a sip from his beverage.

"Meeting someone" I answer back blankly, fiddling with the hem of my skirt.

I don't want to see you right now.

I'm here to talk about you.

Because you're driving me insane.

"Who?"

"A friend"

"Guy or girl?"

I sigh, the feeling of Déjà vu wrapping around me.

"Pshtt...Dara I know your classes end at noon. You don't have anything on for the rest of the day"

"One, you're a stalker! And two, I'm meeting up with a friend"

"A friend?"

"Yes, believe it or not Min Ho some of us commoners do have friends"

"Guy or girl?"

I remember that conversation clearly, I remember that day clearly.

I think, every day I have been with you...I think the memories I have of you are the most vivid ones...

"Dara, I said guy or girl?" He repeats himself, the last note of his sentence hinting his growing anger, anticipating for the worst answer.

"Hey Dara, sorry I'm late" Bommie sits next to Min Ho.

"Girl" I dryly say, replying to Min Ho's question, even though it's been answered by Bommie's pressence.

"Oh, I see" He murmurs, a slight smile tugging at his lips.

I purse my lips, supressing the smallest of smiles.

"It's okay Bommie, Min Ho was here keeping me busy..." I trail off, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

"But he's leaving now"

"Huh? What?" Min Ho spits.

"You're leaving now right?"

"But I don't want to" He argues.

You idiot!

Go away now!

I need to think of some excuse to get you to run to the hills.

Ah!

"So, you'll be comfortable staying here...listening to Bommie and I complaining about our constant bleeding, mood swings and cramps?" I raise an eyebrow, watching his expression go stiff.

My best friend looks like she might pee herself laughing, biting her tongue so hard that it might fall off.

Min Ho looks like he just walked in on his parents doing 'it', mouth slightly open as he stares at me.

"You know what? I actually am late for something" He announces, standing.

"I will leave you two, and see you later" He says, practically running out of the store.

Once the coast is clear, the girl sitting next to me explodes. Laughing her off.

"Omo! That was too good! His face! Priceless! Omo! I am so proud of you!" She claps madly, patting me on the back.

"Thank you, I know I did amazing with that" I giggle proudly.

She shakes her head, still amused and signals for a waitress. Ordering our breakfast for the two of us, before turning back to me.

"But seriously...when I came over here, and overheard your conversation I was stunned. I didn't realize the situations intensity"

"Huh? What do you mean 'you didn't realize the situations intensity'?"

"Well, I thought maybe you were the only one in love...but apparently he's as far gone as you"

My jaw drops.

"I don't love him" I quickly object.

"Sure you don't" She laughs.

"And he would never love me"

"Sure he wouldn't" She says in the same tone as before again.

He would never love me.

I know that too well.

Our food and coffee arrives, and I begin to pick at my cupcake.

"I know you love him, deep down" Bommie suddenly speaks, serious.

"No I don't"

"I'm your best friend, I know you better than you know yourself. I am telling you now, that you've fallen again" She insists.

"You're wrong" I say with a mouthful of cupcake.

"Sandara Park, you're in denial" She drinks from her cup, gving herself a foam mustache.

"The way you've described your relationship to me, the way the two of you interract...everything is screaming something..." She hints.

"Yeah, and that something is 'I hate you'" I snarkily respond.

"Annoying" She mutters.

"So is Min Ho" I whisper.

"See! Right there, even the way you say his name. It's so full of affection. Your voice and your eyes, they betray you" She points a finger at me, full of food now.

"You're delusional" I scoff, flicking her forehead.

"Says the one who called me over here this morning to help her decipher her feelings" Bommie mumbles.

"Why do I even ask for your help?" I sigh.

"I don't know, you tell me. You won't even take my words of knowledge into consideration"

"Because they are crazy"

"Crazy, but true"

"Only a crazy woman would say that"

"Don't insult your best friend" She playfully scolds me.

"Whatever" I stuff the last of my cupcake into my mouth.

"I give up, you won't listen to reason" She throws her hands into the air.

"Fine"

"What classes do you have today?" She changes the subject.

We talk for another 10 minutes, before leaving the café. Once we're at campus, we go our seperate ways.

And yet again, speaking with my best friend has left me even more puzzled than before.

"There's a fine line between love and hate"

"I know you love him, deep down"

"See! Right there, even the way you say his name. It's so full of affection. Your voice and eyes, they betray you"

"Aish, I can't think about this. I need to concentrate on my studies now" I growl, tugging at the ends of my hair again as I walk into class.

I take a seat next to a window, and lose myself gazing out into space.

"Morning Dara" Someone sits next to me.

I turn and see Choi Min Ho, setting up his stuff for class on the desk next to mine.

"Hey Min Ho, long time no see" I smile, trying to remember the last time I saw him.

On second thought, let's block out that memory.

"How have you been?" He tilts his head to the side, the gesture resembling that of a puppy.

"Good I guess, what about you?"

"I've been fine" He nods, chewing on his bottom lip slightly.

"Is anything wrong?" I ask, concerned.

"Actually...I wanted to ask you something...but now I don't really think it's a good idea" He hesistantly admits.

"Oh, really? Please, ask away" I request.

"Are you and that Lee Min Ho guy a couple?" He blurts, making me lean back a little.

I stare at him, shocked.

He lowers his head, scratching his head.

"Sorry. I was nervous asking so I just spat it out...this is obviously an awkward subject. Pretend I didn't say anything" He bites his lip.

"Oh, no, no! Don't worry about that, I was just caught off gaurd by your question" I wave my hands wildly around the place.

He looks up at me, guilty.

"We aren't a couple, we aren't even dating"

"Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah...what made you think we were dating?" I ask.

"Well...you guys are always together...and you just act...differently around him..."

I want to hit him with a frying pan right then, picturing Bommie's face plastered over his, saying those words.

"I see" I murmur.

"Do you want to hang out with me and the guys later?" Min Ho peeks.

"Huh? Okay, what will we do?"

"We were planning on watching a movie after lunch, you should come if you can"

"Yeah, I'll come along. My next classes will be around 4 anyway..."

"That's the same for us too" Min Ho muses.

"Cool" I laugh.

"So then...it's a date?"

"Yeah it is" I beam at him, not finding his choice of words strange since he's a close friend.

Lee Min Ho's POV

"What the hell is that girl doing? Going with those fan boys to the movies?" I snarl, waiting in the cinema line a few people behind them.

She hasn't noticed me, and I've been tailing her since her morning classes ended. I'm pissed, because she's here with her fan club.

For heaven's sake! You don't even know that they exist!

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm the only guy allowed around you?"

I watch them, hating that I always end up tailing her with other guys.

First Hyun Joong, and now SHI-kiss?!

What the hell?

"8 tickets to B.E.D" Choi Min Ho sounds.

As the transaction is made, I watch Dara's cheeks colour. But she doesn't speak up, even though the choice in movie is embarrassing for her.

I don't want her watching this with them damn it!

"How can i help you today?" A girl with a low cut blouse pops.

"One ticket of B.E.D" I flash her a smile, and her face flushes red.

"Here you go" She hands me my ticket after I've paid with shaky hands.

"Thanks"

Sandara Park, I'm going to be speaking with you later...

But before I lecture you, I'm going after your fan club.

My hands curl into fists, as I take my seat in the cinema. Right behind her seat.

I'm meant to be the only guy close to you pabo.


Writer's Notes:

Sorry! I've had some serious writer's block over the past days...
But that doesn't mean you can start tossing words like unsubscribe around! It makes me feel like not updating at all.
Green Monster Min Ho is on the way in the next chapter...
And Dara will discover something in the next chapter too~
Comments are motivating and new subbies make me do handsprings <3

Thanks for reading and for the support!
Lots of love,
xoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3