Chapter 43

Coincidental or Intentional?

NOTE: Chapter 41 and 42 has been edited (as of 15/16th Jan), so please check back if you haven't. This chapter... please don't stop reading even if you find it to be the same as the previous chapter. It is different.

 

 

Jiyun sighed and check her phone. Jaejoong had just sent her a message.

“Kim Jiyun! Leaving without saying goodbye, it’s not like you to do that! I even had to hear of this news from Myungsoo, my junior! I thought we were confidants! Have i wasted that few hours speaking with you? I’m so upset with you now...


...You’re not running away, i hope? At least let Yoochun say his piece before you go. Promise me that.”

 

She chuckled before typing in a reply. “Jaejoong, you’ll always be my best emotional dustbin! It was nice knowing you!”

 

“You’re really abandoning us? :( Don’t you miss us? I bet you’re already missing Yoochun...”

 

“I’m not, it’s just that i’ve already promised my boss. Besides, we can always keep in contact via phone.”

 

“You’re coming back right?”

 

Jiyun didn’t know what to say as her fingers hovered above the screen for a while. She finally decided to type in a simple reply. “Help me spread the news of me getting a transfer to the Beast boys... and him. I owe you one.”

 

“Tell Yoochun yourself, he’s on his way. Use this waiting time to figure out what will happen to the both of you. Kthxbye! ^^”

She reread the message over and over again. ‘Yoochun is on his way... here? Impossible. He must be hating me by now...’

 

“Yun, are you sure about this? You can turn back if you want.” Shaun asked for the Nth time, breaking her out of her thoughts seeing that she had been staring at her phone for a while now. “The truth is, you want to stay, don’t you?”

 

“Shaun, i’m very sure about my decision.” She replied, although her head was starting to look around, as if in search of someone.

 

“Well, if that’s the case...” He spoke, carrying both their hand luggage towards the immigration gate, “Let’s go, our flight isn’t going to wait for us.”

 

She hesitated for a while before nodding her head. Turning around to search once more, she sighed before turning back and following closely behind Shaun.


‘So this is really the end huh? Thank you, Korea. The past 3 over years here have been very fulfilling.’

Both of them had barely gotten past the gates when Jiyun suddenly heard her phone ring. She pulled it out from her bag and saw the blinking screen.


Mr Park.

She hesitated. ‘Is he really here? Should i pick it up?’

 

“Yun, i think you should pick it up. Who knows when will be the next time you guys get to speak to each other. At least finish this up nicely...” Shaun muttered next to her, looking at her phone screen. He nudged her a little, prompting her to pick up the phone.

 

She looked at Shaun. The latter gave her an encouraging look. “I’ll be by the side if you need me.” He said before walking towards a pillar a distance away.

Jiyun sighed. ‘Might as well...’

 

“Hi...?”

 

“What do you think you are doing?! Leaving without a word?!” Yoochun’s angry voice blasted from her phone. His voice sounded raspy and out of breath.

The truth was, he had received a phone call from Jaejoong just a while ago, with the irritating Jaejoong singing G Dragon’s song the moment he picked up the phone.

 

 

 

“Oh she’s gone yeah, oh she’s gone yeah, oh she’s gone yeah, i love you girl, i love you girl~”

 

“Jaejoong, are you crazy?” He whispered angrily over the phone. He was still upset over the incident at the rooftop. He knew he shouldn’t get mad at Jaejoong, but his mood was at its worst, especially when he was currently watching ‘Werewolf Boy’ once again, a movie that reminded him of her.

 

“No i’m not, but you will be soon.” He replied calmly. “Jiyun will be leaving Korea today, like right now.”

 

“What?!” Yoochun shouted right into his phone. He didn’t care if his younger brother or the rest of the audiences at the theatre were currently staring at him in annoyance; they were in the cinema watching a movie after all. Faking a cough, he tried to hold back on his emotions and whispered an ‘I don’t care’ into his phone.

 

“Oh really? You don’t care if she’s about to fly off with Shaun? Ok then, i’ll just drop her a call and tell her congratulations for having found a new love then.”

 

“You... you don’t know what happened between us...”

 

“Oh trust me, i do. She was crying so badly that day when i saw her at Cojjee. If you didn’t know, let me make it clear to you. You LOVE her. She LOVES you. So you better get your to the airport right now.”



With that, the phone got cut off. And that explained why he was currently there at the airport.

Jaejoong’s words were constantly echoing in his brain.

‘Even if this may end up as a heartbreaking parting scene, i need to try again for the last time. I can’t give up so easily.’

 

“Turn around.”


Jiyun froze in her place. ‘Don’t tell me he....’

 

“I said, turn around! I’m just outside!” He exclaimed angrily.

That confirmed her earlier suspicion. He is there, at the airport.

She continued to maintain her silence and stood in her place. 'How did he know that i'm leaving?'

 

“Is there any way i can persuade you to stay?” He finally asked, his voice deep and lost. It almost came out as if it was a plead.


Jiyun clutched her handphone tighter, trying to maintain her emotions. She was very sure that she wouldn’t want to be caught crying in a public place like the airport.

 

“...Is this what you really want?” He asked when he felt that she wasn’t intending to respond to his request.

 

“Yes, i have to leave.” She replied meekly.

 

“You chose to be with Shaun after all.”

It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

 

Jiyun chose not to respond, but had in turn replied with something else. “Remember to good take care of yourself. You tend to get a cold easily, so please remember to at least keep a cardigan in your car so that you can put it on as soon as you feel cold.”

 

“Will you be happier if you leave?” He asked in return.

She thought for a while before nodding her head. She wasn’t sure if she could be happier in the absence of Yoochun, but it was the least she could do; to give him even the tiniest bit of comfort.

 

“Please promise me, that you will keep smiling even after you leave. You know, i love seeing your smiles...”


She nodded again.

 

“Will you be returning to Korea?”

 

“I don't know...” She shrugged.

 

He took in a deep breath before speaking again. “I know this isn’t probably going to work in helping to keep you here. But i really have to let you know this, as my last resort. I know i have been a big blockhead over the past few months, taking you for granted and leading you on only to give you upsets one after another. Believe me, i really didn’t realise it until that day when i realised that i was going to lose you for good. I may have been an idiot for carelessly confessing to you that day in the midst of my emotional hurricane, but i am serious when i told you i love you.”

 

“.....” Jiyun couldn’t reply, not with the tears that were flowing freely down her cheeks.

 

“I guess it didn’t help huh...” Yoochun muttered after a while of silence. He glanced at Jiyun’s back from a distance and hung his head low. “I’m sorry...” He muttered before hanging up on the call and turning to walk away slowly.

Jiyun stared at her phone screen. Her mind was entirely blank and all thoughts were instantly wiped out the moment she heard Yoochun apologize.

 

“Jiyun... are you sure you are going to leave like this?” Shaun asked worriedly as he slowly made his way towards her. He turned to look at the direction of Yoochun.

He was staggering away like a walking corpse.

Jiyun on the other hand, looked like a mummified body, unable to move even a little.

Shaun sighed deeply before walking nearer to Jiyun and tried to shake her shoulders, hoping that it could shake her out of her trance.

 

“Good morning!” was what Shaun mentioned once Jiyun’s senses came back.

She blinked a few times as if to confirm that she was indeed wide awake before she brought her hand up towards her necklace. Tracing the two rings that were hung on her necklace, she bit her lower lips as she tried to make a decision.

‘I don’t want it to end like this. Not when our feelings are mutual. I don’t want it to be a repeat of my nightmare.’

Shaun didn’t even need a translator to understand what Jiyun’s final decision was. He was already smiling and giving her an encouraging pat on her back by the time she finally looked up.

 

“Better hurry missy, your lover boy is walking further and further away.” He prompted as he pointed to her phone, his eyes still following after Yoochun’s footsteps.

 

Jiyun looked down at her phone. “But, what if...”

 

“Don’t hesitate anymore, just call!” Shaun urged, picking up her phone and dialing Yoochun’s phone number before throwing her phone back to her. “I’ll be right at the pillar if you need me... although i don’t foresee the need to.” He winked, walking away.

Jiyun stared at the empty space in front her, her breath getting shorter and lighter with every passing of a millisecond. She was practically hyperventilating.

One ring... two...

 

“Jiyun?” Yoochun’s anxious voice appeared immediately after the phone got connected.

‘What should i do?! What should i say?!’ She panicked, looking at Shaun for aid. He gave a thumbs up before mouthing to her ‘Just tell him that you love him too!’

‘Right... that does help.’ Jiyun thought sarcastically, turning away from him and towards the door that was standing in between the public area and the immigration counter. She didn’t see the person she wanted to see. ‘Has he already left the airport?’

 

“Jiyun? Miss Kim? What happened? Are you alright? Talk to me!” Yoochun’s panicky voice streamed through her phone to her ears. The voice that she was already starting to miss even when she had heard it barely minutes before.

It then occurred to her that she had experienced this type of situation once.

At the MV filming... At N Tower...

She started to panic once again. 'Will it be too late, like in the MV?'


'No... i don't want that to happen.'

 

“Yoochun... Mr Park...” She stuttered, uttering anything that flowed out straight from her brain. “Don’t give up on us this easily...”

Over at the other side of the airport, Yoochun stood in his steps in confusion.


‘Did she just tell me not to give up easily? What did she mean by that?’

 

“What?” He finally managed to ask.

Jiyun blinked a few times, trying to clear her mind. 'How silly of me. Maybe he already decided to put a stop to this the moment he turned away...'

 

“...Does your confession still apply?” Jiyun asked, her confidence slowly crumbling with every word being said.

 

“What?” Yoochun asked once again. It was as though he had lost the ability to use his brain. “But... you’re leaving with Shaun right? To live a new life with him... a new love...” He thought, recalling Jaejoong’s words.

 

“Oh really? You don’t care if she’s about to fly off with Shaun? Ok then, i’ll just drop her a call and tell her congratulations for having found a new love then.”

 

“I’m going to Japan to oversee the company’s new branch. Who says i’m going back with Shaun?”

‘What?’ He thought. ‘What?!’ Turning around at top speed, he ran right back the spot he was once standing at. Outside the immigration gates.

He saw Jiyun. She saw him.

 

“But.. Jaejoong said you and Shaun...” He said, pointing at Shaun. Shaun waved back in amusement, his grin never leaving his face.

 

“We are leaving for different destinations.” She explained, looking down as she tried to kick up some imaginary dust. “Mr Park...” she hesitated, “I... i... have feelings for you as well... and i don’t want it to end like this either... not when we are finally sure of each others’ feelings...”

It was as though fireworks were bursting through the darkest night in his heart. And he is certain that it wouldn’t be short lived.

 

A smile made its way to his face. “What? I didn’t quite hear that?”

Jiyun could only stare back at Yoochun, speechless.

 

“Come on, it isn’t hard to say that three words. I haven’t heard that from you yet.” He persuaded, pretty sure that their conflicts had already melted into thin air.

'I don't care. That drunken confession doesn't count.' He thought at the back of his head.


Instead of a dark, gloomy atmosphere like earlier on, it had somehow turned into something bubbly and sweet. He wouldn’t be surprised if pink candy floss clouds were to start surrounding them or something.

 

“Haven’t i?” She asked, tilting her head to her side in confusion. “I told you twice... at the fanmeet.”

Yoochun widened his eyes. He then realised that she was referring to the messages that she had sent him during the MV screening at the fanmeet. The ones that he had saved in his phone. The ones that he had screencapped and saved in his desktop just in case his phone got spoilt. ‘What? That was for real?’

 

“No way, that doesn’t count either!” He complained, stomping his feet on the cold, hard floor. “It was so insincere!”

 

"Either? What do you mean?" She looked towards him with a confused expression. 'Have i confessed to him at any other situations before? Don't tell me it's the love tweet...?'

 

"Nothing! Just tell me you love me please, that one at the fanmeet wasn't good enough." He pleaded, his puppy ears and wagging tail almost popping out from their respective places.
 

“As if yours was any better...” Jiyun retorted, pouting and copying Yoochun’s action to stomp on the floor.

 

“Damn. How i wish i have my passport with me right now so that i can just run in to pull you into a tight hug. You look too cute right now.” Yoochun replied with his jaw dropped and eyes wide open. “Come out right now.” He gestured, asking her to make her way out.

 

Jiyun shook her head. “Can’t. I’ve got a flight to catch...”

 

Yoochun pouted, feeling his heart sink. “Can’t you go another day? Are you really going to leave me here all by myself in Korea? I’ll be lonely...”

 

“Sorry Mr Park...” She replied sadly. “It has already been decided that i’m going over...”

 

Yoochun sighed. “I’ll miss you. Really.”

 

“Me too...” Jiyun admitted, looking down on the floor.

 

“...Although i can’t be sure that i’ll wait for you until you return.” Yoochun added in a joking manner. “You know, there are plenty of temptations around me.”

Jiyun looked up towards him immediately, only to be met with a smug looking face.

‘He’s teasing me? Two shall play the game.’

 

“Oh really? Alright then, i’ll go get myself another guy when i reach Japan then. Bye bye, and have a good life.” She replied with an equally smug face before hanging up the call and turning to walk towards Shaun to retrieve her luggage.

 

“Everything alright?” Shaun asked Jiyun, turning to look at Yoochun.

Yoochun was all grinning this time round as he bounced around happily by himself not caring if anyone would recognise him or not.

 

“Yes...” Jiyun replied, looking back at him with a face full of bliss. The grin on her face was getting wider and wider with each passing second.

At that exact same time, both parties received a message from each other.

 

“I’m joking. I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes.”

 

“I lied. You’re the only one for me.”
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yes Yoochun, you're also the only one for me (even when i have other part time boyfriends elsewhere =X)