Chapter 42

Coincidental or Intentional?

Jiyun sighed and check her phone. Jaejoong had just sent her a message.
 

“Kim Jiyun! Leaving without saying goodbye, it’s not like you to do that! I even had to hear of this news from Myungsoo, my junior! I thought we were confidants! Have i wasted that few hours speaking with you? I’m so upset with you now..


...You’re not running away, i hope? At least let Yoochun say his piece before you go. Promise me that.”

 

She chuckled before typing in a reply. “Jaejoong, you’ll always be my best emotional dustbin! It was nice knowing you!”

 

“You’re really abandoning us? :( Don’t you miss us? I bet you’re already missing Yoochun...”

 

“I’m not, it’s just that i’ve already promised my boss. Besides, we can always keep in contact via phone.”

 

“You’re coming back right?”

 

Jiyun didn’t know what to say as her fingers hovered above the screen for a while. She finally decided to type in a simple reply. “Help me spread the news of me getting a transfer to the Beast boys... and him. I owe you one.”

 

“Tell Yoochun yourself, he’s on his way. Use this waiting time to figure out what will happen to the both of you. Kthxbye! ^^”

She reread the message over and over again. ‘Yoochun is on his way... here? Impossible. He must be hating me by now...’

 

“Yun, are you sure about this? You can turn back if you want.” Shaun asked for the Nth time, breaking her out of her thoughts seeing that she had been staring at her phone for a while now. “The truth is, you want to stay, don’t you?”

 

“Shaun, i’m very sure about my decision.” She replied, although her head was starting to look around, as if in search of someone.

 

“Well, if that’s the case...” He spoke, carrying both their hand luggage towards the immigration gate, “Let’s go, our flight isn’t going to wait for us.”

She hesitated for a while before nodding her head. Turning around to search once more, she sighed before turning back and following closely behind Shaun.

‘So this is really the end huh? Thank you, Korea. The past 3 over years here have been very fulfilling.’

Both of them had barely gotten past the gates when Jiyun suddenly heard her phone ring. She pulled it out from her bag and saw the blinking screen.


Mr Park.

She hesitated. ‘Is he really here? Should i pick it up?’

 

“Yun, i think you should pick it up. Who knows when will be the next time you guys get to speak to each other. At least finish this up nicely...” Shaun muttered next to her, looking at her phone screen. He nudged her a little, prompting her to pick up the phone.

 

She looked at Shaun. The latter gave her an encouraging look. “I’ll be by the side if you need me.” He said before walking towards a pillar a distance away.

Jiyun sighed. ‘Might as well...’

 

“Hi...?”

 

“What do you think you are doing?! Leaving without a word?!” Yoochun’s angry voice blasted from her phone. His voice sounded raspy and out of breath.

The truth was, he had received a phone call from Jaejoong just a while ago, with the irritating Jaejoong singing G Dragon’s song the moment he picked up the phone.

 

 

 

“Oh she’s gone yeah, oh she’s gone yeah, oh she’s gone yeah, i love you girl, i love you girl~”

 

“Jaejoong, are you crazy?” He whispered angrily over the phone. He was still upset over the incident at the rooftop. He knew he shouldn’t get mad at Jaejoong, but his mood was at its worst, especially when he was currently watching ‘Werewolf Boy’ once again, a movie that reminded him of her.

 

“No i’m not, but you will be soon.” He replied calmly. “Jiyun will be leaving Korea today, like right now.”

 

“What?!” Yoochun shouted right into his phone. He didn’t care if his younger brother or the rest of the audiences at the theatre were currently staring at him in annoyance; they were in the cinema watching a movie after all. Faking a cough, he tried to hold back on his emotions and whispered an ‘I don’t care’ into his phone.

 

“Oh really? You don’t care if she’s about to fly off with Shaun? Ok then, i’ll just drop her a call and tell her congratulations for having found a new love then.”

 

“You... you don’t know what happened between us..."

 

“Oh trust me, i do. She was crying so badly that day when i saw her at Cojjee. If you didn’t know, let me make it clear to you. You LOVE her. She LOVES you. So you better get your to the airport right now.”

 



With that, the phone got cut off. And that explained why he was currently there at the airport.


Jaejoong’s words were constantly echoing in his brain.

‘Even if this may end up as a heartbreaking parting scene, i need to try again for the last time. I can’t give up so easily.’

 

“Turn around."


Jiyun froze in her place. ‘Don’t tell me he....’

 

“I said, turn around! I’m just outside!” He exclaimed angrily.

That confirmed her earlier suspicion. He is there, at the airport.

She continued to maintain her silence and stood in her place. 'How did he know that i'm leaving?'

 

“Is there any way i can persuade you to stay?” He finally asked, his voice deep and lost. It almost came out as if it was a plead.

Jiyun clutched her handphone tighter, trying to maintain her emotions. She was very sure that she wouldn’t want to be caught crying in a public place like the airport.

 

“...Is this what you really want?” He asked when he felt that she wasn’t intending to respond to his request.

 

“Yes, i have to leave.” She replied meekly.

 

“You chose to be with Shaun after all.”

It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

 

Jiyun chose not to respond, but had in turn replied with something else. “Remember to good take care of yourself. You tend to get a cold easily, so please remember to at least keep a cardigan in your car so that you can put it on as soon as you feel cold.”

 

“Will you be happier if you leave?” He asked in return.


She thought for a while before nodding her head. She wasn’t sure if she could be happier in the absence of Yoochun, but it was the least she could do; to give him even the tiniest bit of comfort.

 

“Please promise me, that you will keep smiling even after you leave. You know, i love seeing your smiles...”

She nodded again.

 

“Will you be returning to Korea?”

 

“I don't know...” She shrugged.

 

“I know this isn’t probably going to work in helping to keep you here. But i really have to let you know this, as my last resort. I know i have been a big blockhead over the past few months, taking you for granted and leading you on only to give you upsets one after another. Believe me, i really didn’t realise it until that day when i realised that i was going to lose you for good. I may have been an idiot for carelessly confessing to you that day in the midst of my emotional hurricane, but i am serious when i told you i love you.”

 

“.....” Jiyun couldn’t reply, not with the tears that were flowing freely down her cheeks.

 

“I guess it didn’t help huh...” Yoochun muttered after a while of silence. He glanced at Jiyun’s back from a distance and hung his head low.

 

“.....”

 

“I’m not going to say goodbye to you. See you soon?” He said, covering his face with his palm. ‘I guess i failed again...’

 

“See you again, Yoochun.” She finally replied with a voice so unstable that it could crack any time soon.

And they hung up after that.


Seeing that Jiyun had hung her phone up, Shaun made his way towards her. From a distance, he saw Yoochun outside the gates. He waved towards him as the latter replied with a nod and turned around to walk away with a dejected back view.

 

“He looks heartbroken. Are you sure you made the right decision?” Shaun asked.

Jiyun wiped the tears away from her face and glared at him before picking her emotions up and started walking towards the direction of her departure gate.

 

“Hey! I was just asking, you don’t have to glare at me like that!” He chuckled, hurrying towards her with their luggages in his hand.

 

“Don’t make me change my mind...” She muttered under her breath, hoping that Shaun didn’t get to hear that. “The present me isn’t strong enough to meet him without having any lingering feelings...


‘Silly girl. She thought that i didn’t hear her? She’s really silly...’

 

“Well, i hope you find your strength soon then...” He said with a smile. "Seriously, i wonder if this opportunity is considered timely or untimely..."

 

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." She grinned.


They were finally at the boarding gate. Shaun lifted his hand and passed Jiyun her luggage, which she gladly took.

 

“Yun. Years ago, i sent you off to Korea outside the immigration gate back home. Years later, i’ve upgraded. Sending you off to Japan outside the boarding gate instead.” He chuckled, ruffling Jiyun’s hair.

 

Jiyun started laughing along with him. “Yeah! I never realised that!”

 

“Please, let this be the last time that i’m sending you away. Or rather, shall we make the next time to be sending you home with me on the flight together?” He winked, showing a greasy smile afterwards.

 

“Get going on your flight!” She laughed, slapping lightly on his arm and pushing him away from the boarding gate. “Your boarding gate is on the other side of the airport!”

 

Shaun groaned and pouted. “Oh man, can’t i just wait until i see my bestie get onto the plane?”

 

She shook her head with a defeated look. “Alright, i’ll get going now then.”

 

“Take care of yourself, and remember to keep in contact with us!”

With a smile and a wave, Jiyun turned around to walk towards the boarding gate.

'Bye Korea...'
 



THE END!!!!!!



OHHHHH YIPPPEEEEEE!!! IT'S FINALLLY DONE AND OVER!!! <3

Thanks to everyone for all your love and support <3 This may not be the best ending but it's something i truely believe will happen to them in real life. As in, realllyyyyyy. (So please understand my situation ok? :D).


Anyway, any ideas for the next story? Should we continue with more Yoochun goodies, or shall we move on to my other biases?


I dedicate this song as Yoochun's inner feeling!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkGSae8r_H0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

ok i lied.

give me a couple of minutes while i go watch cn blue's concert videos... and leave you girls hanging ;)