Chapter 3

Coincidental or Intentional?

By the next meeting, Jiyun had once again managed to brainwash herself that whatever the soul er had mentioned the other day were just some random ideas from some dramas hastily thrown together.

She looked up at the small group in front of her. It consisted of Mr Baek, Mr Park, and herself. She felt small. Her boss wasn't there to back her up, she was all alone.
 

"Okay, i think we've pretty much finalized the storyline of the movie. Does anyone have things to add on before we move on?" Mr Baek asked, scanning both person's reactions slowly.


Jiyun was all smiles. She had managed to rearrange her fanfic in a way that could fit into the 20 minutes movie. Although that meant having to prune out a whole chunk of scenes.

When Mr Baek's gaze finally landed on Yoochun, he raised his left eyebrow. The latter had been in deep thoughts while reading the script.

 

"Yoochun?"


Jiyun looked towards his direction after hearing Mr Baek speak.
 

"No..." Yoochun said, turning the script to yet another page.


Jiyun heaved a sigh of relief.
 

"But..."


'But?!'
 

"I was just wondering, where is the ring scene that i have requested?"


'Damn, why is he so insistent on that?'
 

"Ring scene?" Mr Baek asked bemusedly while looking at Yoochun, "What ring scene are you talking about?"


Yoochun merely pointed to his own pinky where his ring lies comfortably on.
 

"Oh, that famous Kim Jaejoong quote, 'The woman that I'm looking for all my life, her ring finger will fit into the ring on my pinky'!" Mr Baek exclaimed happily, looking over to Jiyun who by now, had her face voided of any colours. "Miss Kim, have you heard about it?"


'No i haven't, not until months after i posted that chapter of my fanfic.'
 

"Urm, no i haven't..."
 

"That idiot copied my idea when i told him about it... i should have kept my mouth shut..." Yoochun whispered softly, although it didn't help that the enclosed room was quiet to begin with.


Everyone in the room heard him.

Mr Baek let out a small cough to mask away the awkwardness that had been multiplying itself since Yoochun's little rant.

 

"So, what was all that about?" 
 

Jiyun shrugged nonchalantly, "Mr Baek, i just thought that it wouldn't fit into the story anywhere."
 

"Here... when they finally made up after confirming their feelings for each other. We can make it a proposal scene as well!" He grinned like a kid and pointed to the tentative script, where the last scene showed how the both of them made up.


'... Is he on sugar overdose?'

She looked at Mr Baek helplessly.

 

"Let him get his scene..." He finally said after a while of deliberation. "I can't win over him."


The CEO of Cjes, defeated by Park Yoochun.
 

"Fine, I'll add it in." Jiyun muttered irritatedly. She fished out her phone and added in a memo on her planner. It was just so that she could remind herself to make the necessary adjustments to the script, although she would've never forgotten about it.
 

 

"Oh! While we are at it, can we add in a wedding scene?
 

"Park Yoochun! Don't push your luck!"
 

"Mr Park, your fans will go on a rampage!"


Both Mr Baek and Jiyun replied simultaneously.

The three of them looked at each other in silence.

Then, a small giggle escaped from Jiyun's lips. It was all too funny for the 25 years old scriptwriter. To see the esteemed CEO getting owned and irritated by his artiste, to see the godly artiste behaving like a brat.

 

"Well..." Mr Baek coughed, "We'll just leave it as that."


Jiyun brought her hand to in a small attempt to 'wipe her smile off her face', before closing the script that had already been scribbled with loads of comments and edits, and chucking it into her bag.

Sliding through her planner on her phone, she checked for the list of her appointments and filming schedules before turning back to them.

 

"So, I'll send you the updated script by the end of today... and the next time we'll see each other is during the filming, is that right?"
 

Mr Baek nodded. "By the way, have you guys narrowed down the list of potential actress to act in the MV?"
 

She nodded. "My boss will be sending the list of shortlisted candidates to you anytime soon, it's probably in your mailbox right now as we are speaking."
 

"Oh?" He asked, as if surprised. With that, he immediately pulled a laptop out from one of the drawers and started it up.


Like his CEO, Yoochun also showed some signs of interest as he wheeled his chair nearer to him.

Jiyun couldn't help herself from being curious as well, since she hadn't seen the list before. All that she had requested of from her boss was, 'above average looks but not a model, friendly but not charismatic, nice smile but not flirty, and above all, nice eyes.'

It was all so that the fans could actually imagine seeing themselves as the female lead in the story; that their idol do not go for high maintenance females like that of a model, although he definitely deserves it.

 

"Miss Kim, which of these girls do you think suits our Yoochun better?" Mr Baek asked, looking up from his laptop.


Jiyun walked over to them, making sure that she was on the other side of Mr Baek, with him acting as a barrier in between Yoochun and her. It was childish, she knew that much. But anyone who sees him up close would understand why she was going through that turmoil.

Because he can easily pull your soul away.



 

"Jiyun! How was your trip to Cjes?" Jiyun's colleagues asked excitedly upon seeing her return.


'Gosh, and i have barely stepped into the office... seriously.'
 

"It was great? Mr Baek is a great person to work with?" She replied unsurely. 'I shouldn't mention about the part where he got owned by him...'

 

"Gees, we were referring to Yoochun, Park Yoochun!"


Jiyun stopped to think.
 

"He is... very charismatic?"


'If not for the fact that he people's souls..."
 

"Only that? We would've thought that you will greatly praise him or something. You are his fan after all!"


'Yeah... i should praise him more... i am his... wha..?!'
 

"Huh?! Since when did i say that i am his fan?"

 

"Don't lie, we all know that you are his fan. Why do you think that i have allocated this project to you if not for this reason?" Her boss's voice echoed from behind them. He had just returned from a meeting with another client.

 

"Boss." They chorused in acknowledgement.

 

"But, i am not..."


Jiyun tried to overthrow their impression that she is a fan of Yoochun, but was interrupted by a message that just came in from her phone.
 

"See! Your message tone is Yoochun's part from the song 'Found You'!"


She rolled her eyes and glanced at them with a ‘I told you I'm not....’ look before taking a peek at her phone.

She frowned.

 

'My ring size is 10.'


'What the hell?!'

With that thought in mind, she brought her other hand up and started typing furiously on her phone.

 

'Who the hell are you and why should i know what your ring size is?'


Blowing her fringe away from her forehead in annoyance, she looked up to her colleagues again, trying to figure out how to best explain to them that she wasn’t a fan.
 

“As i was saying, i am not...”

Interrupted yet again. This time by a phone call.


‘Damn, i should change my ring tone right after this.’ She thought, silently singing and smiling along with the ring tone that was playing - The Empty Space for You by Park Yoochun. It was obvious that she was losing the debate, judging by the looks that her colleagues had on their faces.
 

‘Hello?’

‘Throw away your phone if you don’t intend to pick up the call.’

‘What? Who are you?’

‘Park Yoochun.’


Jiyun looked at her phone screen in disbelief.
 

‘W... what? Yoochun?’

The person on the other line chuckled.


 

‘Is it that hard to believe that i am him?’
 

‘Yeah...?’

She was hyperventilating once again. After all, who would’ve expected THE Park Yoochun to call her on her mobile phone?

 

‘Wait, my number...?’
 

‘Got it from my CEO.’
 

‘For?’
 

‘Just wanted to remind you that my ring size is 10.’
 

‘As i was saying, why do i need to know that?’
 

‘For the MV? You’ll need to get the rings right?’
 

‘For matters like this, please find my boss directly. I’m only a scriptwriter if you haven’t already noticed...’
 

‘I know someone from Cartier, perhaps we should get it from them? They will probably sponsor it if i ask.’


Jiyun sighed and face-palmed herself. ‘Did he just ignore me?!’
 

‘For the last time, tell that to my boss. I’m now in the midst of a very important debate with my colleagues, so i gotta hang up now.’
 

‘What debate?’
 

‘That i am your fan.’


With that, Jiyun hung up the phone. She was using all of her endurance to force herself to hang up the phone, and she was already regretting it by the time she hung up. But hey, that was work and he had gotten to the wrong person, she shouldn’t waste his time any longer to talk with her.
 

“Jiyun...?” One of her colleague called out with a big grin on her face.
 

“What?” She snapped. She was still having bitter feelings about how she had hung up on his phone call. 
 

“Did you just confess to Park Yoochun that you’re his fan?”

Jiyun held her breath and thought back on what she had said.


‘Oh .’