Chapter 17

Coincidental or Intentional?

“Jiyun, are you sure it’ll be ok for us to drop you off here?” Doojoon asked as he discretely surveyed their surrounding area from their heavily tinted mini bus. “I still think it’s not a good idea to leave you here alone. I mean, it’s already midnight! Maybe we should send you back home instead. I can just give Yoochun a call or something...”

After Gikwang’s call, there was a change of plans and Jiyun went for dinner with the Beast members instead. They were now currently in the mini bus parked at the street behind the building where “The Red Carpet” was situated, where Yoochun had told her to wait for him at.

 

“Doojoon is right, Yoochun has fans that are... out of this world.” Gikwang said, following after his leader’s lead and started staring out as well. The rest of the members nodded along. They have had their fair chance of experiencing it first hand since they do hang out with the JYJ guys from time to time.

 

“Guys, I'll be fine here. Yoochun just sent me a message. He is already here and will be picking me up soon.” Jiyun chuckled, genuinely amused that the bunch of youngsters in the same mini bus as her is worried for her.

 

Doojoon shrugged. “My head will roll if Yoochun finds even a scratch on you.”

 

“He’s overly paranoid.” Jiyun muttered as she rolled her eyes, thinking about what had happened earlier on.

 

 

 

“Alright, alright.” He said, his smile never leaving his face. “Let’s go feed our dear Miss Kim now!”

 

“What are we having?” Jiyun asked, pulling her bag up from the plastic chair. She didn’t manage to get it on her shoulders, as Yoochun had already snatched it from her and had slung it over his body.

Yoochun didn’t get to reply her question as an incoming ring tone had interrupted their conversation.


“It’s not me, really not me, I’m not that person.
How many times do I have to tell you, it’s not me”
(A/N: Not sure if you girls know of this song, but it’s a song by Beast - Not Me.)

 

He raised his eyebrows at Jiyun, who started snickering at her ring tone and turning him around so that she can retrieve her phone from the bag. “It’s Yoseob.” She continued, “We thought it’s funny to put his vocal part of the song as his personal ring tone."

 

He shook his head, speechless. “So childish of you guys.”

Jiyun replied by sticking her tongue out cheekily and took the call.

 

“Yes Seobie?”

 

“No it’s not Yoseob, it’s me!”

 

“Kwangie?” She asked in confusion.

 

“Ahhhh Jiyun nuna! SHHHH! Yoochun is still beside you right? Don’t let him know it’s me! I still want to be alive for the next hundred years!”

 

“Urm... ok Seobie?” She replied, trying to hide the small grin due to Gikwang’s fear for Yoochun. “Why did you call?”


‘It’s really not him.’ She mouthed to Yoochun, who was currently looking a little less than happy.

He already knew it is Gikwang.

‘Bless you, Kwangie. I’ll pray for your safety.’ Jiyun thought.

 

“Jiyun nuna, we’re now waiting for our ride near the entrance where Yoochun parked his car not too far away from. There are a lot of fans crowding around his car. I think they are his sasaengs...”

Jiyun’s jaw practically dropped.

 

“They will probably go crazy if they see you going into his car..."

 

“What happened?” Yoochun whispered to her, seeing her pale face.

 

“Kwangie, i think we’ll need to put our conversation on speaker mode. Yoochun should know about this as well...”

 

 

 

“Overly paranoid is an understatement.” Gikwang muttered under his breath, bringing Jiyun back to reality. “I thought he was going to bite my head off when we met in the tent just now.”

 

“You know what? I think so too.” Jiyun replied frankly, bringing laughter throughout the compact space.

 

“It’s not good to talk behind someone else’s back you know...” Doojoon interjected, “Although you guys are right. Yoochun even asked me to put a leash on Gikwang when he called during our lunch break.”

Jiyun face palmed herself. Gikwang, being the innocent him, took his words for real and was looking very scared.

 

“Kwangie, he won’t do anything to you... i think?” Jiyun said unsurely, which made his eyes open wider from the shock.

 

“Tell me if he does anything, I'll give him a piece of my mind.”

 

“Thanks Jiyunnie!” Gikwang exclaimed in relief as he threw himself on her to get a hug.

 

“You know, he’s going to flare up if you call me that... or hug me...” She joked, making Gikwang nervous all over again, flinching and retracting his hands away from her.

At that moment, her phone rang.

 

“Mr Park?” She asked upon connecting the phone call.

 

“Have you reached?”

 

“Yeaps. I'm in Beast’s car. We are waiting here at our meeting point. Where are you?” She asked, looking out of the window once again. Nothing. Nobody was in sight, not even Yoochun’s car. “I don’t see you.”

There and then, the back door of a shop suddenly swung open slowly.

 

“Hi Miss Kim.” He said with a small wave as he appeared from behind the door.

 

She chuckled. “Hi Mr Park.”

With that, she hung up the phone call and turned to look at the guys who have already started making whistling and teasing sounds.

 

“Nuna~ Enjoy your date with Yoochun~”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Kwangie, this is not a date.”

 

“Yes yes, i understand perfectly.” He replied, opening the door for her. “You are just having a friendly meeting with Yoochun in the middle of the night. Just Yoochun and you. All of us understand that perfectly.”


The rest of the guys tried hard to hold back their laughter, although Yoseob had already started laughing his head off at the backseat.
 

Jiyun sighed. “Whatever. See you guys soon!” She replied and got out of the car.

 

“I should have just gone home. Now even the guys are getting it wrong...” She mumbled under her breath while walking towards Yoochun, who was seen grinning from ear to ear. “Great, and Mr Park is smiling like nobody’s business. The guys are still in the freaking ride and they have not left yet. With that expression of his, even Beast’s manager is surely going to misunderstand us.”

 

“Miss Kim!” He waved happily like a little kid.

She could have sworn that she was seriously contemplating about running away in the opposite direction.

 

“Mr Park! Will you keep it down? Everyone is still watching us!” She whispered, pointing towards the mini bus where Beast is still watching their every movement from.

 

“Well, let them.” He shrugged, enveloping her shoulder with his arm and bringing her into the shop without turning back to bid the guys farewell.

 

“But... they are going to misunderstand our relationship!” She retorted, pouting as she shook his arm off her and walked deeper into the shop, apparently a cafe.

 

“Don’t mind, don’t mind. They are one of us.”

 

“Whatever.” She pouted as she sat herself at one of the comfortable looking black sofas. “Why is this shop so dark anyway?”

 

“Cos it’s not open for business yet?”

 

“Huh? Then why are we here? Whose shop is this?”

 

“Jaejoong's.” He said nonchalantly and made his way towards the counter. Jiyun stood up and followed him.

 

“He has a shop other than Bum’s?”

Yoochun nodded.

 

“Yeah, and he kindly lent this place to us, knowing that we don’t have a place to go to. Our fans are still not aware of this place, so it’s safe to say that we won’t get found here.”

 

“Yah, you should treat him better. He’s such a nice guy.” She commented.

 

“How about me?” He asked as he stopped and turned around to meet eyes with Jiyun.

Jiyun literally froze up.


‘It’s not fair to ask this question when you’re looking at me like this...’

 

“A hateful guy who pissed the hell out of me not too long ago.” She mumbled, looking away once she got her senses back.

 

“I said I'm sorry already...” He muttered looking down on the floor, his legs shifting around uncomfortably. "I didn't mean to anger you..."

 

"You know, you should start treating Gikwang better too. He got us out of that nasty situation just now after all...”

 

"I know..." He mumbled, now playing with his fingers.

'What am i to do with you?' She smiled and shook her head, not believing that the guy in front of her has lost his speech ability.

 

"So, what are we supposed to do here? There's practically nothing here."

 

Yoochun's grinned made its way back to his face. "Come here..." He mentioned, holding her hand in his and led her to a more secluded area of the cafe where a white cloth was hung up. There was a projector placed on the table, along with some drinks and popcorns.

 

"Mr Park?" She asked, confused.

 

"Movie night!" He exclaimed happily, pulling her onto the couch with him and reaching over to play the movie on the projector.

 

"Mr Park, you're lucky that it is a weekend tomorrow..." She found herself shaking her head in amusement as she reached forward to check on the movie title on the DVD box. 'Sinster?'

 

"Even if it's not, i'll make it one." He shrugged nonchalantly, looking at her awed expression from looking at the DVD box. "Like my choice of movie?"

 

"Can you even watch horror movies?" She asked with her eyebrows raised. "I thought you get scared by things like this?" She continued, fully knowing that the guy beside her isn't exactly a fan of horror movie genre.

 

"It can't be helped that Miss Kim loves horror movies." He faked a deep sigh. "Besides, i can always hide behind you if i get scared from the movie." He mentioned, throwing in a wink at Jiyun. "Remember to grab this one and only chance to snuggle in with your idol."

 

She shook her head in disbelieve. "You make me speechless sometimes."

He looked at her. 'And you make me breathless.'

 

 

 

“Will you be fine staying at home alone tonight?” Yoochun teased, looking to the side of his car where Jiyun was sitting at. “Mr Boogie will probably come visit you...”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Mr Park, I'm not scared of such things. Who was the one who kept hiding behind my sleeves, may i ask?”

 

“Tsk, touche.” He muttered, flipping his hair, trying to mask away his current embarrassment. ‘I shouldn’t have chosen that movie. Jaejoong said it wasn’t scary!’

 

Jiyun chuckled. “But it’s a good movie. Thanks for that movie treat, i guess?”

‘Ok Jaejoong, you are pardoned from my head knuckle attacks’

 

“Aren’t you going to invite me up for a coffee or something?” Yoochun found himself asking, looking up at the apartment building on his left. “I can volunteer to check for any presence of Mr Boogie in your house...”

 

She shook her head with a smile. “It’s too late, you should go home to rest already.”

 

He pouted. “Really?”

 

She nodded. “Yes, really. Go home, take a bath, sleep.”

‘But i don’t want to go home.’

Yoochun continued to pout.

 

“Don’t be childish Mr Park, your mother will worry if you go home late.”

 

“It’s ok, she knows I'm with you.”

 

She turned towards him immediately. “What?! Your mother knows about me?”

 

He nodded, as if it is a normal thing for him to do. “This topic naturally popped up during our breakfast conversations.”

She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose from the sudden stress. ‘As expected from Mr Park. That blockhead.’

 

“I’m getting off.” She finally decided after shrugging off the uneasy feeling upon the knowledge that his mother was aware of her existence. ‘I wonder how did he introduce me? As a fan or friend?’

He nodded and turned over to her as he watched her unbuckling her seat belt and opening the door.

Suddenly an unusual feeling overwhelmed his entire senses. ‘I don’t want her to leave.’ He thought, pulling her wrist to stop her from leaving the car. ‘I... want to be with her a little longer...’

 

“Yoochun? Is anything the matter?” She asked, looking at his tightly clenched hand.

 

“I....”


Silence surrounded them as they looked at each other awkwardly.

‘What’s with him?’

‘What’s with me? What am i doing?’

 

“Urm, sorry. You can leave now.” He said, releasing his grip on her wrist as his hands started fidgeting clumsily. Then, his right hand decided to take refugee behind his neck, scratching his neck unnecessarily. “Do you want me to send you up?”

 

“It’s ok. Thanks for tonight... drive safely?”

He nodded. Jiyun then finally left his car and walked into her apartment building.

When he was sure that Jiyun had gone up the lift, Yoochun started messing his hair up in annoyance.

 

“What’s with this feeling?” He whispered, placing his hand on his rapidly beating heart.

 

 

 

A/N:  LOLS :D

1) The ringtone mentioned is 'Not Me' by Beast. I actually have this as my ringtone right now! It's really fun using this song as a ringtone XD  "It's not me, really not me. I'm not that person." It's like the person calling is saying "It's not me (calling)!!!!" (makes it more funnier when Yoseob is calling and the ringtone is him singing 'it's not me' XD) The song is pretty unique, although i was lol-ing at the lyrics XD Click here for the song if you haven't already heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRZTL5FQXA

2) The movie. Sinster. Have you girls watched it before? It's got a pretty good storyline (and it's not scary at all :P)  The Mr Boogie that Yoochun mentioned in the chapter is actually 'Bughuul', which is the demonic figure that had been appearing in the movie. The kids call him as Mr Boogie, so it's only right for us to call him as that as well i guess? For more information on the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister_(film)

3) To trunkenta18 & Jun_KOI_Mi: Frankly speaking, i'm not sure when will he confess as well :P
To dhangertz28: I hope this chapter satisfies you :P
To nar12345: XD i want a nickname toooooooooo~~~
To Jun_KOI_Mi: I hope that answers your question :P Jaejoong is 50 bucks richer and Junsu is 50 bucks (and a cushion) poorer :P